Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. (16283 Views)

Oshiomhole Ditches Khakhi Uniform For Designer Suits (Photos) / PHOTO: Nigerian Police To Pay N100m Compensation Over Death Of Lawyer Detainee / Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by executinal(m): 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2011
nitch:

How about like this for the men , 
That is for Russia Milisia? cool
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by MadDog1(m): 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2011
@andylanders
^^^ indeed i have seen who is really more mad than me
pls can you relate this your mad quote to how impossible it is to reform the nigeria police![/b]your mAdness is in the highest order!
your complaint of litring the street is total madness! what about the clean places we have today that use to be dirty eg oshodi!  anyway i dont want to join in ur out of point words(shows you are mAd)
again-[b]can you relate this your mad quote to how impossible it is to reform the nigeria police
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by gaddafe(m): 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2011
Police had always employed graduates, it is not something new . From the rank of ASP and above are all first degree holders that is Bsc or HND. The Price(salary), normal according to civil service structure.

As of the change of uniform. Is it the uniform that is corrupt or the one wearing the uniform? If after the change of uniform nothing is done to change their attitude we will still end up saying they should overhaul the force again which will mean changing the uniform all over again.

The name  NEPA was changed to PHCN yet the public could not see any change instead the corruption increased, the problems increased.

I say let the attitude of police be changed before the uniform
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 26, 2011
I hope some of these our NLers who have ''Phds'' can apply atleast they can use their phds to reform naija police instead of wasting away on NL.
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by Nobody: 2:02am On Jul 27, 2011
~Bluetooth:

I hope some of these our NLers who have ''Phds'' can apply atleast they can use their phds to reform naija police instead of wasting away on NL.

Are you talking about Mr. PhD of plant growing? I believe it's best if he continues to waste his time on NL, and less on anything in NIgeria.
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by AmeLonRo(m): 10:51am On Jul 27, 2011
Arosa,I love ur post badly. umeh(4ce)

For your consideration. Naija police should look like this. all with special GSM phones. Cool

* one.jpg (14.69 KB, 2

The black black must change sir. To white shirt and otondo trouser, with canvass or leather sandal.Rubber sadal jare. lol

On a more serious note, Naija police eeds to be overhauled and revamped.Changes must be made 4 good.
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by mikerob116(m): 11:01am On Jul 27, 2011
Good if the uniform is changed & Graduates are employed, but does that change police orientation?
I  strongly belief the Government can do something about the bribe issues,
however,People in authority go abroad regularly and they see how things are being run there.
any officer (no matter who you are)that collect bribe should be dealt with even if it means loosing his job,
by the time they start with them like that, i think they will adjust. camera should be placed everywhere to monitor
their shameful act.
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by Konjour(m): 4:28pm On Jul 27, 2011
Never knew the Nigerian Minister of POLICE AFFAIRS is a NAVAL CAPTAIN, What business has the Navy gotta do with the police? grin grin grin

Naija mehn, we three much! grin grin undecided
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by nwanma7480: 5:50pm On Jul 27, 2011
his is music to my ears. I have been saying this for years. The point though, is not employing graduates but pay them decent salary so as not to shamelessly request for miserable bribe from any driver they stop or set up illegal check points. That has always been an eye sore to me. To watch uniformed men and women openly ask for bribe. What a shame. They should all be trained properly and held accountable for any misconduct.
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by comechop1: 5:53pm On Jul 28, 2011
Additional opinion
They should start reconstructing all the police station in the country a very good standard with special facilities inside. egg a good standard staff canteen equip with cooling system so that they can enjoy their meal after a long day in the sun. standard waiting room for visitors and toilet/dressing room. They need also a resting room. They need also mini ho sipital in the same compound. Finally, each of them with a mini power bike to move around instead of trekking or begging for left.

The police office is handicap, no chair, no toilet, facilities to make work easy and comfortable with fresh air notin at all that's why they easily frustrated. What will the newly employed work with and what are the provision made for them b4 and after? Check out this police station

Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by comechop1: 6:25pm On Jul 28, 2011
@ Konjour havent u had of Naval Police shocked and, sea police they are superior to the police in service and dignity. they are no nonsense grin Besides navy operate in the air, land and sea (inland water ways) Navy is clean!!!!!
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by Konjour(m): 9:16pm On Jul 28, 2011
come chop:

@ Konjour havent u had of Naval Police shocked and, sea police they are superior to the police in service and dignity. they are no nonsense grin Besides navy operate in the air, land and sea (inland water ways) Navy is clean!!!!!

grin grin Naval police,eh? grin

Actually,It doesn't look out of sorts in our dear country, when we have fellaz who studied religious studies in the university occupying the seat

of managers in new generation banks. grin grin and peepz who studied music and the theater arts in full-fledged oil companies LWKMD! grin grin

I assume they'd be utilizing their theatrics and musical brains to juxtapose the melodious and dramatic components of crude oil. grin grin grin

F*ck! grin grin
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by comechop1: 10:24am On Jul 29, 2011
@ Konjour pls come out of ur shell!!!!!

And u havent heard or seen people with 3 to 4 different degrees grin a theater arts with a PhD in nursing field. A farmer and an ordinary class room teacher became president, A mathematic Lecturer at the university of Lagos became the founder of a certain church ministry. A musician became pastor, a bank manager became a fashion designer etc they are not like u with chicken brain. grin

They are masters with brain power an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and education and a great interest in working in cooperation with others while ur just siting nicely at ur computer typing trash!!!!!!! infact the navy is clean in their body, uniform, thoughs and actions they are rule model for police grin grin
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by nitch(m): 6:07pm On Jul 29, 2011
executinal:

That is for Russia Milisia? cool

I do appreciate your inpute; however, you should do a little more careful research. When you do, you will be on the same page with me smiley.

Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by Galaxy7: 9:08pm On Jul 29, 2011
inviting graduates into the system may help.i move the motion
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by Konjour(m): 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2011
come chop:

@ Konjour pls come out of your shell!!!!!

And u havent heard or seen people with 3 to 4 different degrees grin a theater arts with a PhD in nursing field. A farmer and an ordinary class room teacher became president, A mathematic Lecturer at the university of Lagos became the founder of a certain church ministry. A musician became pastor, a bank manager became a fashion designer etc they are not like u with chicken brain. grin

They are masters with brain power an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and education and a great interest in working in cooperation with others while your just siting nicely at your computer typing trash!!!!!!! infact the navy is clean in their body, uniform, thoughs and actions they are rule model for police grin grin

grin grin grin Now that's a new one to my ears. But still,the conventional Navy and the Police?? grin grin undecided (Sighs deeply).

Perhaps the jury responsible for the appointments assume there are no equally capable brains anywhere in the NPF that can manage a ministry

as such effectively,innit? undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by nitch(m): 9:21pm On Jul 30, 2011
This wont be bad for our muslim sisters.

Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by Rossikk(m): 11:04pm On Jul 30, 2011
To me, I see no change in our Police Force. Pay the least rank N150,000 basic monthly salary excluding allowances. The insidious norms of bribery, recklessness, anti-taxpayers attitude, unprofessional conducts and many other ills typical of NPF will continue.

These attitudes can only be changed or reduced when our orientation changed. Until we begin to make laws that bark and bite. Until we see corruption as bane of our general development as a country. Until the president is punish for acting contrary to the constitution. Until we see the constitution as sacrosanct, we will continue to rigmarole and trace the circumference.

God bless Nigeria

ARRANT NONSENSE.

PAY THEM THE MONEY FIRST LET'S SEE!!

You cannot be grossly underpaying policemen, and then be saying rubbish about what they will do or not do if you paid them well. PAY THEM FIRST, THEN WE'LL SEE.

YOU CAN[b] NEVER[/b] KNOW IF THEY WILL STILL TAKE BRIBES UNTIL YOU PAY THEM WELL FIRST.

PAY THEM. THEN HAVE A REASONABLE LEVEL OF OVERSIGHT OF THE MEN ON THE BEAT. THEN WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by Janie4luv: 4:37pm On Sep 06, 2011
A welcome dev. I think the contract of changing their uniform should be awarded 2 DKNY.
Re: Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform. by werenioamj: 4:51pm On Sep 06, 2011
What has uniform got to do with their incompetence.

We just like to copy blindly sha.

We need to re-orient their psyche, only then can we start talking of a better police force.

Changing their uniform wont change nada.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Demonising Tinubu, And The Limit Of Lies....lateef Raji / Senate Crisis: Oyegun's Fate Shaky As APC Caucus Meets / NBA Dialogue: Presidential Candidates Kick As Tinubu Sends Representative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.