Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,250 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Kindly Advice!!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Kindly Advice!!! (374 Views)

Kindly Advice Me On This Pls. / Guys Kindly Advice Me / Pls, Kindly Help Me On This Interview Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kindly Advice!!! by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 01, 2022
Hello everyone
Good morning, been a ghost reader for 6 years and I can say I've learnt a lot from nairaland.
But lately something has been eating me up and I think I need advice from people
Well, to give a detailed explanation, I'm a graduate of microbiology, 26 years and completed my nysc last year.
I got a job as a contract staff to work in a bank as a teller by May (pay is 90k). But I believe I can do better in order to develop myself and excell. I save 50k monthly
But there is this emptiness that comes with sitting in that cubicle Monday to Friday, I believe I'm in a cage and that I can do better, I'm thinking of saving up to buy customs or efcc or ndlea slot. I don't want to continue my career as a banker. So I'm stuck between getting the slot or going for cyber security course which costs like 350k or business, I just want some thing that will add value to my life and also my target is attaining an income of 300k before I clock 30.
Please your contribution will be highly appreciated.
Re: Kindly Advice!!! by Kimiso(m): 10:50am On Jul 01, 2022
Space booked
Re: Kindly Advice!!! by CrazyMan(m): 11:38am On Jul 01, 2022
A bird at hand they say is better than 5 in the forest. I would advice you to accept the bank job first for the time being.

For the government job slot, just leave it, I know someone who paid close to a million naira for FIRS slot and as I'm typing this, she's still unemployed. Most of those slot sales are nothing but fraud, stay away from them and save your money.

Finally, for the Cyber security course, this one sounds much better, but you'll need money to make that dream become a reality, this money wouldn't fall from heaven, you'll have to work in order to raise that money and accepting the bank job would be a good stepping stone to raise the money.

Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Become A Pro In Data Analysis Using SQL And Work Remotely With Your Knowledge / My Reply, When Someone Asked If I've Completed My House / Has Anyone Successfully Filled Ndlea Application Form? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.