Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,623 members, 7,861,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

1.9 Million Voters Registered To Participate In Osun Election: INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1.9 Million Voters Registered To Participate In Osun Election: INEC (535 Views)

INEC Delists 1.1 Million Voters Over Double Registration, Ineligibility / Magnus Abe: We Will Mobilise 1 Million Voters For Tinubu In Rivers State / 2019: Okorocha Fumes, Says APC Will Lose 5 Million Voters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1.9 Million Voters Registered To Participate In Osun Election: INEC by Nilon: 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2022
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says a total of 1,955,657 registered voters will participate in the July 16 Osun governorship election.

INEC spokesman Festus Okoye said this at a roundtable media executives dialogue on Friday in Osogbo.

Mr Okoye said that 15 political parties would participate in the election in all the 30 local government areas in the state.

He, however, urged media executives in the state to ensure credible and fair reportage during the governorship election.

Mr Okoye, who added that the media is very important to the electoral process, said without the media, the commission’s election process and procedures might not get to the electorate and the parties’ candidates.

“We are meeting the media today because they are critical stakeholders in the electoral process.

“We appeal to the media to do proper investigation during the election before publishing any report.

“Breaking news is good but fact checking is also important for the right information to be sent out,” he said.

Mr Okoye said that the Bimodal Accreditation System (BVAS) would be used for the authentication and verification of voters.

He also said that the election would be conducted within the ambit of the constitution, electoral act, INEC’s regulation and guidelines.

Mr Okoye assured that the election would be free, fair and transparent.

“We have the power to do what is right and we will put everything in place to do that,” he said.

Mr Okoye said that INEC Chairman, Professor Mohamood Yakubu, would be in the state between July 3 and July 7 to oversee preparation for the election.

He added that mock exercise and accreditation with BVAS would be done during the period.

https://gazettengr.com/1-9-million-voters-registered-to-participate-in-osun-election-inec/
Re: 1.9 Million Voters Registered To Participate In Osun Election: INEC by Xscape1993(m): 5:51pm On Jul 01, 2022
Good progress... Any thing that will chase away the evil party from the corridor of power is highly welcome....
Re: 1.9 Million Voters Registered To Participate In Osun Election: INEC by TONY042(m): 5:52pm On Jul 01, 2022
Nigerians don wake up.
Re: 1.9 Million Voters Registered To Participate In Osun Election: INEC by Biafranodogwu55: 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2022
Nice development....more registrations for the obident movement loading.......
Re: 1.9 Million Voters Registered To Participate In Osun Election: INEC by abobote: 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2022
PDP at the national level are not doing enough to help Adeleke.
The dancing senator has been campaigning passionately. I wish him the best
Re: 1.9 Million Voters Registered To Participate In Osun Election: INEC by yyba: 6:00pm On Jul 01, 2022
That is very good ,And 1.8 millions is for APC alone in any election
Re: 1.9 Million Voters Registered To Participate In Osun Election: INEC by Factcheck0001: 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2022
abobote:
PDP at the national level are not doing enough to help Adeleke.
The dancing senator has been campaigning passionately. I wish him the best
I pity d guy
He don try but it’s obvious he won’t win
If wike won pdp presidential primary he might still have hope but since them shenk him him don go sit down jejely n atiku wey dem give no send anybody

Seyi makinde can’t do much cos he’s d only pdp governor in south west amidst d lions in apc controlling south west

I pity adeleke cos tinubu needs this badly to solidify his base in south west
Re: 1.9 Million Voters Registered To Participate In Osun Election: INEC by Dannyset(m): 6:07pm On Jul 01, 2022
Oyetola le kan si
Re: 1.9 Million Voters Registered To Participate In Osun Election: INEC by Peacecore: 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2022
Dancing senator right now

1 Like

Re: 1.9 Million Voters Registered To Participate In Osun Election: INEC by XerXers: 6:10pm On Jul 01, 2022
I thought afonjas said Osun registration is more the whole SE? Anambra is over 2 million
Re: 1.9 Million Voters Registered To Participate In Osun Election: INEC by donphilopus: 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2022
XerXers:
I thought afonjas said Osun registration is more the whole SE? Anambra is over 2 million

Must you tribalize every thread? Are you sure you're normal? And you think newly registered voters are included?

2 Likes

Re: 1.9 Million Voters Registered To Participate In Osun Election: INEC by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:17pm On Jul 01, 2022
XerXers:
Anambra old data before 2019 presidential election is 2.4 million
Re: 1.9 Million Voters Registered To Participate In Osun Election: INEC by tamdun: 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2022
XerXers:
They are talking about present registration

1 Like

Re: 1.9 Million Voters Registered To Participate In Osun Election: INEC by rayvelez(m): 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2022
Oyetola is a goner.
Re: 1.9 Million Voters Registered To Participate In Osun Election: INEC by LilX2: 6:33am On Sep 10, 2023
Nilon:
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says a total of 1,955,657 registered voters will participate in the July 16 Osun governorship election.

INEC spokesman Festus Okoye said this at a roundtable media executives dialogue on Friday in Osogbo.

Mr Okoye said that 15 political parties would participate in the election in all the 30 local government areas in the state.

He, however, urged media executives in the state to ensure credible and fair reportage during the governorship election.

Mr Okoye, who added that the media is very important to the electoral process, said without the media, the commission’s election process and procedures might not get to the electorate and the parties’ candidates.

“We are meeting the media today because they are critical stakeholders in the electoral process.

“We appeal to the media to do proper investigation during the election before publishing any report.

“Breaking news is good but fact checking is also important for the right information to be sent out,” he said.

Mr Okoye said that the Bimodal Accreditation System (BVAS) would be used for the authentication and verification of voters.

He also said that the election would be conducted within the ambit of the constitution, electoral act, INEC’s regulation and guidelines.

Mr Okoye assured that the election would be free, fair and transparent.

“We have the power to do what is right and we will put everything in place to do that,” he said.

Mr Okoye said that INEC Chairman, Professor Mohamood Yakubu, would be in the state between July 3 and July 7 to oversee preparation for the election.

He added that mock exercise and accreditation with BVAS would be done during the period.

https://gazettengr.com/1-9-million-voters-registered-to-participate-in-osun-election-inec/

Bro, I noticed you sent me a mail I really don't have access to, can you WhatsApp me on

0 nine one 5 five nine six 5 five two 7 ..

My other account was banned for typing out number lol
Re: 1.9 Million Voters Registered To Participate In Osun Election: INEC by Rootprof(m): 7:03am On Sep 10, 2023
Nigerians pray and yet collapse faster than countries that have banned religion. Stop praying for God to change your poorly selfishly selected looters called leaders to change over night. Till we realized that until we get it right in selecting our leaders Nigerians will continue to suffer and the country will not move forward. China keeps developing without praying to any God while India that have many god's are suffering just like Nigeria. Nigerians wake up. Your battle is in your hand not God. God only take care of nature occupancy others are in your hands, reduce your prayer and start acting right in chosing God leaders.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking, Fear Grip Dino And PDP As They Beg Peter Obi, Please Wait For Your Tur / Ozubulu Catholic Church Massacre Five Years After. / Dollar Vs Naira: The Real Issues.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.