Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council (3768 Views)

Links Between Boko Haram And Shiites - Sharia Council / Doyin Okupe Blasts Critics Of Femi Adesina’s ‘wailing Wailers’ Christmas Message / Islamic Banking: Arrest Sharia Council President Now – CAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by adejoro75: 6:44pm On Jul 25, 2011
Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council
From ISMAIL OMIPIDAN, Kaduna
Monday, July 25, 2011

More Stories on This Section

The Supreme Council for Sharia in Nigeria, SCSN, has threatened that Nigerian Muslims were prepared to go to war rather than give up the quest for Islamic banking.
This is even as it  warned Christian clerics in the country to drop their opposition to the idea, saying that Muslims in the country would defend the implementation of the Islamic banking system in the country with the last drop of their blood.

The group’s position was made known in Kaduna yesterday, through its President, Dr. Ibrahim Datti Ahmad, who read the communiqué issued at the end of its meeting held at Arewa House, Kaduna.
He further argued that since interest-free banking was practised in Britain and other Christian dominated countries successfully, Nigerian Muslims would resist any attempt by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) to frustrate the implementation of the Islamic banking system in the country.

“We are very happy that with a lot of efforts Jaiz Bank has now become a reality. The company owning Jaiz has assured us that the bank is coming in September and they have assured us that they will be starting with three branches, namely Abuja, Kaduna and Kano. And they will continue to open the branches rapidly, thereafter. We are also aware of the amount of noise and nonsense we hear from the Christian clergy, some of whom are so ignorant that they are not even worth to be called clergymen.

“They think they can blackmail the government, the Central Bank or the Muslim ummah to abandon the project. I want to assure them that nothing can stop the Jaiz Bank from coming into being because it’s being brought in according to the laws of Nigeria. There is nothing illegal about it. If they have a Christian bank that they want to establish, they have the freedom to bring it to the Central Bank and if they can prove their case, a Christian bank will be opened.

“We the Muslims of this country are fed up and tired with the silly vituperation of the CAN. They are a bunch of idiots a[/b]nd they feel they can dictate to the Muslims even how we should live our lives.
“And we are warning the government not to listen to them because there is a limit to the amount of nonsense we can take. [b]We are the majority in this country,
whether the Christians like it or not. We are going to have this bank and there is nothing they can do about it. We have taken a lot of nonsense, we have come to the end and from now it’s Bosom for tat. There are quite a number of rascals in cassocks that have been talking recently; we’ll meet fire for fire this time. [/b]Whether it’s an archbishop or whoever he is who talks nonsense, we’ll get people to answer him in the same language. If he talks as a rascal, we’ll reply him as a rascal.
“Jaiz Bank has come to be and there is nothing they can do about it [b]and if we have to go to war on this, we’ll go to war
. Let the bloody fools wearing cassocks stop disturbing our peace. Gentlemen, being peaceful doesn’t mean we are cowards. We warn the idiots in cassocks, [/b]tell them to stop disturbing our peace, if they want us to live together in Nigeria. [b]Everybody can go his way, we don’t have to live together. We can’t live under bloody idiots dictating to us how we live our lives even within the laws of the country.

“Whatever they call themselves, whether archbishop, priest or whatever they are, let them stop disturbing our lives. We’ve had enough; let the government warn them because these abuses are enough. If they are rascals and they don’t understand anything because they come from very poor, wretched backgrounds, we are not like that. We have been patient but there is a limit to what we can take. On this Jaiz Bank, there is no going back. Everything has been done according to the law and if the Christians think this country belongs to them, they are a bunch of idiots. We’ll meet fire with fire; let them leave us alone. If they want us to live in Nigeria peacefully as we want to do, then let them respect our rights as we concede to them their own rights,” SCSN boss added.
On the post-presidential election crisis that occurred in Kaduna and other parts of the North, the group again said the attacks were premeditated, adding that “this reality is supported by the fact that Southern Kaduna Muslims were massacred on Sunday even before the election results were announced. Whatever happened was a reaction thereto. The refugees were left to cater for themselves. In fact, most of them were compelled to leave the camp. The government must restore people’s freedom, compensate them fully and return to their homes.
“The activities of the Joint Task Force in Maiduguri are most unfortunate. The JTF is using an unbalanced force in its attempt to restore peace and order to Borno state. Innocent lives were killed, women are being violated and people’s property being plundered.

“The SCSN is watching carefully, plans by some politicians to bring back the issue of extended tenure of the present regime. This is very much similar to the thrown out third term bid of the former President Obasanjo. We call on all Nigerians to condemn and resist this attempt resolutely.
“As we are approaching the Holy month of Ramadan, Muslims are enjoined to participate in the moon sighting exercise, listen and obey announcements. Muslim businessmen and women are requested to be compassionate to their brothers and sister in the sales of commodities,” the SCSN said

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/july/25/national-25-07-2011-003.html
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by EzeUche(m): 6:52pm On Jul 25, 2011
angry angry angry
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by namfav(m): 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2011
i tell you the comments by people from can and such organisations has p*ssed off alot of people, but the title of the thread is misleading
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by dayokanu(m): 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2011
Hmmm

I love this kind of Fresh Air
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by EzeUche(m): 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2011
There is no unity in this country.
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by Afam4eva(m): 7:09pm On Jul 25, 2011
This one na fresh breeze.
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by kasiem(m): 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2011
As far as nigeria is concerned, i've discarded the new testament part of my bible. It's high time christians became pragmatic, and face nigeria the way it appears. The issue of handling this cows up north is disgusting and puerile. How can some people that worships extinct coward, be holding ur ransom with their believe? Let god punish me if i dare preach for peace, whenever, this shiiit hit the fan. In fact, i'm totally ready to drop my blood in the face of another nigerian war.
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 25, 2011
namfav:

i tell you the comments by people from can and such organisations has p*ssed off alot of people, but the title of the thread is misleading
in defense of the unguarded statements made by datti, this is the best you could come up with? SMH
we will continue and make certain your islamic banking system remains in your domain with any state fund (bail-out)if it materialises, we would make sure it is an epitome of failure.if you dont like my comments, take datti's suggestion.have your own country(secede) where you can practise your religion without our revenue
angry angry angry
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by ektbear: 9:05pm On Jul 25, 2011
Best solution is just to partition the country. Then they can implement Sharia law, Islamic banking, even make their constitution the Koran if they like.
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by somze(f): 9:18pm On Jul 25, 2011
namfav:

This is by far the most insane idiotic comments I have ever read. You have made the people on this thread an inch dumber by reading your comments. God forgive you.
Did CAN threaten muslims or call for war as this terrrorist Sharia council is doing? Does CAN not have freedom of speech to voice concerns about an issue?

dayokanu:

I love this kind of Fresh Air
afam4eva:

This one na fresh breeze.
It is time for Buhari apologists to grow up.
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 25, 2011
adejoro75:

“We the Muslims of this country are fed up and tired with the silly vituperation of the CAN. They are a bunch of idiots a[/b]nd they feel they can dictate to the Muslims even how we should live our lives.

[b][s]And we are warning the government
[/s] not to listen to them because there is a limit to the amount of nonsense we can take. We are the majority in this country, whether the Christians like it or not. We are going to have this bank and there is nothing they can do about it. We have taken a lot of nonsense, we have come to the end and from now it’s Bosom for tat. There are quite a number of rascals in cassocks that have been talking recently; we’ll meet fire for fire this time. [/b]Whether it’s an archbishop or whoever he is who talks nonsense, we’ll get people to answer him in the same language. If he talks as a rascal, we’ll reply him as a rascal.

“Whatever they call themselves, whether archbishop, priest or whatever they are, let them stop disturbing our lives. We’ve had enough; let the government warn them because these abuses are enough. If they are rascals and they don’t understand anything because they come [b]from very poor, wretched backgrounds,
we are not like that. We have been patient but there is a limit to what we can take. On this Jaiz Bank, there is no going back. Everything has been done according to the law and if the Christians think this country belongs to them, they are a bunch of idiots. We’ll meet fire with fire; let them leave us alone. If they want us to live in Nigeria peacefully as we want to do, then let them respect our rights as we concede to them their own rights,” SCSN boss added.

“The activities of the Joint Task Force in Maiduguri are most unfortunate. The JTF is using an unbalanced force in its attempt to restore peace and order to Borno state. Innocent lives were killed, women are being violated and people’s property being plundered.

“The SCSN is watching carefully, plans by some politicians to bring back the issue of extended tenure of the present regime. This is very much similar to the thrown out third term bid of the former President Obasanjo. We call on all Nigerians to condemn and resist this attempt resolutely.

This SCSN chairman is a fully certified id-iot! Whatever happened to tactical response!

If he is an intelligent man, why would he still waste time abusing christian leaders when its obvious the banking system  has received support from some pastors and christian economists. He just eroded my support for interest free banking!

His type is the reason why Boko Haram is thriving in the north! With this kind of hate filled comment he still want us to believe islam is a religion of peace! Fuking ret-ard!
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by Ad4(m): 10:56pm On Jul 25, 2011
This SCSN man's a rascal and doesn't knw how to use words.When people say Islam's a terriorist religion,this's the reason.I've never been against the so called bank even as a christain but with this kind of comment,the bank'll die a natural death. Apart from Dangote and those corupt northern politician who steal from our tax.
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by bashr4: 11:08pm On Jul 25, 2011
lord have mercy , did they really publish that or did nairalanders edit it ? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked .
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by revolt(m): 7:24am On Jul 26, 2011
finally they speak back. i was beginning to wonder. can has been talking crap on the issue of islamic banking. they exposed how illiterate and our so called xtian leaders are.
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by Akanbiedu(m): 8:07am On Jul 26, 2011
Fire for fire. I like that.

T'oju ba n se'pin, a fi han ni.

For too long, muslims have taken apologetic positions in this country. This group is right about one thing, those CAN people are iiidiioots. They should be rounded up and prosecuted for being security threats to the country. These people want to live, they don't want others to.
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 26, 2011
@akanbi, CAN is a security treat? What is boko haram, that is propagatng islamic agenda? Ts like people in Datti's group are big brainless idiots, that open their mouths b4 they think
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by Akanbiedu(m): 10:09am On Jul 26, 2011
Boko haram is a threat, does that justify CAN's threat.

CAN is a security threat, CAN's action is capable of creating more members for the BH or even more BHs.
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by honeric01(m): 10:22am On Jul 26, 2011
Hmmm, thread carefully, this is heating up, leaders of both religious group, make una thread carefully.
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by philip0906(m): 11:38am On Jul 26, 2011
anywhere u have islam,u have trouble. . .what a world we would have had,without that religion. . .pity
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by nogames: 12:18pm On Jul 26, 2011
If religion leader can be talking like this ( calling people puch of idiot) i wonder what are they preaching to their followers,

Definately with can not SEPERATE VIOLENT FROM ISLAM.
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by emmatok(m): 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

Boko haram is a threat, does that justify CAN's threat.

CAN is a security threat, CAN's action is capable of creating more members for the BH or even more BHs.

So CAN is now a security threat because they oppose your Islamic banking.

FOOL.

You Muslims are more of a threat because you do not believe in the Nigerian constitution.

All you want is sharia.
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by nogames: 12:34pm On Jul 26, 2011
If religion leader can be talking like this ( calling people bunch of idiot) i wonder what are they
preaching to their followers,

Definately with can not SEPERATE VIOLENT FROM ISLAM but come to think of it why all these killing in the name of religion, CAN HUMAN BEING FIGHT FOR GOD?

To my fellow christians all the agitation is not biblical, becauuse our warfare is not canal but mighty in the Lord. in the days of Elijah and some other prophet they shaked nations with their prayers not with confrontation, and the bible says , the payer of righteous avaleth much, so where are Elijahs of our time. those that will pray in their closet and change the affairs of the nation, Hnm do we still have christians with old time religion in this country, This is the time for them to raise up where ever they are,

ONE THING IS SURE ISALIMIC BANKING WILL DIE A NATURE DEATH,
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by islamrules(m): 12:41pm On Jul 26, 2011
Its getting interesting, time to go and polish my Guns. Why not call it "Interest free" bank ? why sharia bank ? when boko haram are doing their hell.

They should also note that Nigerian Christians are becoming fanatic too, They should not keep threathning the christians. You have Boko haram, Mend and Biafra people are in the south. And oil is in the south. You people are going to suffer.
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by Ekpoma1: 12:48pm On Jul 26, 2011
Bunch of terrorists. This is annoying. Do they think they can match us one on one when it comes fight? Oh im pissed off.
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by tantan: 12:50pm On Jul 26, 2011
islamic banking have come to stay. any chicken headed illiterate that can stop it should do so b 4 sept. cos we are taking off by then.
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by islamrules(m): 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2011
islamic banking have come to stay. any chicken headed illiterate that can stop it should do so b 4 sept. cos we are taking off by then.

Good for you, they have been practicing it America over a decade, and it does not affect American christians. It does'nt affect Bill Gate, Zugaberk, Google world richest guys. Its just another financial formular. And their is nothing u people can do about them, they are still gonna be rich with Boko Education and Technology lol But why I am pissed off about this sh.i.t is that the buzz around it too much. Whats so special about it?

The first time islam will contribute something to the society, what a thud ?

Christians too they fall my hands. It wont ring any bell.
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by Ngwakwe: 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2011
With only twelve (12) States out of 36, The Sharia Council think they are majority. Majority by violence, burning properties and looting belonging of other Ethnicitys
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by agog: 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2011
reading through this, it is very clear that this ibrahim datti and his group are out to grind down the present govt. Why can a supposed leader be saying all these rubbish in public? Will they take it if it was coming from the CAN? and somebody will say the religion these ppl belong to is peace-loving?
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by blackpanda: 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2011
SERIOUSLY!
This is the peak of bigotism, ignorance (and am sorry to say) stupidity.
How do u begin ur statement by using foul abusive languages and then end it by trying to link everything to all that is supposedly sacred.
The entire statement is so typical of islamic fanatics. They believe they should always have their way.
First of all, the issue of islamic banking is not one that should be swallowed hook, line and sinker because if we accept it, then it means every other religion in nigeria including ogboni fraternity, aiyelala etc must also be allowed to have their own system of banking, since we operate a democratic system. What is good for the goose must also be good for the gander! And is CBN equipped to monitor all such banks.
Secondly, the threat the muslims are the majority is utterly ridiculous, since it is a well known fact that the north has continued to botch census figures in order to remain slightly significant in the scheme of things.
Thirdly, even if the north has a more population, it is a well known fact that the entire nigerian govt revenue rests on the resources located in the south. i will like to see what the north can do with their population wen they have no jobs, no roads, no electricity and continous bombings here and there.
Fourthly, if it was ever in doubt that the people behinde this banking system are the same people behinde the initiation of the Boko Haram sect, such is now evidently cleared. From the tone of the Supreme Sharia Council, it is easy to see the deep animosity these people are harboring against christians, mostly southerners.
And i am fully convined that the whole episode is not unconnected with Goodluck emerging the winner of the polls in the last election. This born-to-rule mentality which most northerners harbor is still very much evident.

In my opinion, i think its time Nigeria begins to rethink the issue of us splitting and going our seperate way.!!
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by honeric01(m): 1:20pm On Jul 26, 2011
I have come to realize that we have more hypocrites in Nigeria than anywhere in the world.
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2011
this post is just to instigate and incite,
well at the rate that these conventional banks to go to give a dog a bad name to hang it and also pay instigators o pages of papers and on nairaland.
i will bank with jaiz because i agree with the prinicples, so to what CAN say and what islam council says i reply
, WHATEVER,
Re: Critics of Islamic banking ignorant –Sharia Council by Bawss1(m): 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2011
Ekpoma1:

Bunch of terrorists. This is annoying. Do they think they can match us one on one when it comes fight? Oh im pissed off.

Internet warrior. Are you willing to give your life for a fight?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Hits: From Our First Lady "her Excellency Dame Patience Jonathan" / The Bloody Truth About Northern Nigeria!!! / How Many Refineries Has PDP Built In 15 Years?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.