Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:16 AM

Unibadan Or Unijos? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unibadan Or Unijos? (2021 Views)

Identical Twins: Adegoke Taiye & Kehinde Graduate With First Class From UNIBADAN / Viral Question Unibadan Lecturer Asked His Students During Examinations / UNIBADAN Student, Damilola Caught Stealing & With Charms (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unibadan Or Unijos? by tayewomi(m): 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
Tyg3rFvry:

Exactly the source of my worry, I've never seen anyone who passed on first trial, and I can't afford to stay at home coz my mates from secondary days will be entering 300 level starting of 2023 in private uni studying medicine
feels Happy for them,they aren't part of ASUU bruhaha..
Re: Unibadan Or Unijos? by tayewomi(m): 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
rant19ade:

Yeah, that's why I said if he wants to play it real safe, then unijos is his best bet. At UI that his score will be a basic score among his fellow aspirants.
And that your 326 is just 40.75.
you need to score 79/100 or above to be admitted into UI during the Post Utme..If you score below 79 in the putme if you want to enter UI,,..U can start preparing,but u really tried,18yrs getting 326!that's huge.
Re: Unibadan Or Unijos? by Tyg3rFvry: 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2022
tayewomi:
And that your 326 is just 40.75.
you need to score 79/100 or above to be admitted into UI during the Post Utme..If you score below 79 in the putme if you want to enter UI,,..U can start preparing,but u really tried,18yrs getting 326!that's huge.

What can I read for UI post utme as aspiring medical student?
Re: Unibadan Or Unijos? by tayewomi(m): 5:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
Tyg3rFvry:

when ui release post utme form,u will be opportune to download practice questions online..

2 Likes

Re: Unibadan Or Unijos? by Emeritus1200: 5:13pm On Jul 03, 2022
Tyg3rFvry:

As a UI student, let me give you candid advice. First off, in UI, your score is just average. UI started using another way to set its Post UTME questions in 2019. And it became tougher in 2021.

What is the way? All the questions carry roman numerals.

For example: The hierarchy of Nairaland moderators are: i. Mind44 ii. Lalasticala iii. Divepen iv. Fynestboi

Option A. i ii iii iv B. i iv iii ii C. ii I iii iv D. iv I iii ii
I myself don't know the answer. It's just an example. You can see that the question will be time - consuming to answer. And the worst part of it is that that is how the 100 questions will look like. Nonetheless, you only have 90 minutes.

I'm not here to scare you. If you know you want to choose UI, start reading afresh, taking note of every information in your textbooks sequentially. You mustn't leave any details for chance. Read different textbooks and read and read. Better still, move to Ibadan, around UI. Get yourself enrolled in a tutorial. With that, your chance will become high, if you are serious.

If you can't follow any of the little advice I just share, please run away from UI. it's not a must for you to school in Ui. What matters is your ambition which can be got from any reputable university.

Mind you, I'm in the Faculty of Arts and Humanity.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Unibadan Or Unijos? by Tyg3rFvry: 5:28pm On Jul 03, 2022
tayewomi:
when ui release post utme form,u will be opportune to download practice questions online..

The practice questions and the main exam which is tougher?
Re: Unibadan Or Unijos? by Tyg3rFvry: 5:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
Emeritus1200:
As a UI student, let me give you candid advice. First off, in UI, your score is just average. UI started using another way to set its Post UTME questions in 2019. And it became tougher in 2021.

What is the way? All the questions carry roman numerals.

For example: The hierarchy of Nairaland moderators are: i. Mind44 ii. Lalasticala iii. Divepen iv. Fynestboi

Option A. i ii iii iv B. i iv iii ii C. ii I iii iv D. iv I iii ii
I myself don't know the answer. It's just an example. You can see that the question will be time - consuming to answer. And the worst part of it is that that is how the 100 questions will look like. Nonetheless, you only have 90 minutes.

I'm not here to scare you. If you know you want to choose UI, start reading afresh, taking note of every information in your textbooks sequentially. You mustn't leave any details for chance. Read different textbooks and read and read. Better still, move to Ibadan, around UI. Get yourself enrolled in a tutorial. With that, your chance will become high, if you are serious.

If you can't follow any of the little advice I just share, please run away from UI. it's not a must for you to school in Ui. What matters is your ambition which can be got from any reputable university.

Mind you, I'm in the Faculty of Arts and Humanity.

Thank you.

Sir i can study fervently like you suggested but i cannot move to Ibadan yet. By the way am I to study Olevel textbooks? And should i still use jamb syllabus to prepare?
Re: Unibadan Or Unijos? by rant19ade: 6:19pm On Jul 03, 2022
Tyg3rFvry:

I just want to enter a good medical school this year. My mates don de enter 300 level and I'm still here with jamb.
I'm 18 sha
To the best of my knowledge, unijos is a fine sch, and of these talks of one sch having prestige over others is often overrated.
As Far as the sch you chose meets the basic standard,its ur own stuff and diligence that will stand you out among ur peers from other sch.
Another Ad of unijos that i see is if you get in,u get to build some connections with children of prominent northern persons that will attend there.

1 Like

Re: Unibadan Or Unijos? by Wilson500: 6:37pm On Jul 03, 2022
Oga apply to a medical school that you have a higher chance of getting admission as long as the school has full accreditation from MDCN unless you want to waste that Jamb score this year.
What people fail to understand is that not everybody can go to UI.
How are you sure you will be able to replicate the same score next year if you miss out this year because you are hell bent on getting into UI.

Are those trained in other medical schools not still called doctors like their UI counterpart.

Each man for himself

3 Likes

Re: Unibadan Or Unijos? by Tyg3rFvry: 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
Wilson500:
Oga apply to a medical school that you have a higher chance of getting admission as long as the school has full accreditation from MDCN unless you want to waste that Jamb score this year.
What people fail to understand is that not everybody can go to UI.
How are you sure you will be able to replicate the same score next year if you miss out this year because you are hell bent on getting into UI.

Are those trained in other medical schools not still called doctors like their UI counterpart.

Each man for himself

Baba you're right actually... but the guys in medical line insist I further my aim for UI that it's worth it, although me personally I no wan write jamb next year, secondary school textbook don tire me.

2 Likes

Re: Unibadan Or Unijos? by Tyg3rFvry: 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2022
rant19ade:

To the best of my knowledge, unijos is a fine sch, and of these talks of one sch having prestige over others is often overrated.
As Far as the sch you chose meets the basic standard,its ur own stuff and diligence that will stand you out among ur peers from other sch.
Another Ad of unijos that i see is if you get in,u get to build some connections with children of prominent northern persons that will attend there.

The man that did my NIN for me at the secretariat told me Unijos is better than even Unilag for MBBS programme.
Re: Unibadan Or Unijos? by rant19ade: 7:26pm On Jul 03, 2022
Tyg3rFvry:

The man that did my NIN for me at the secretariat told me Unijos is better than even Unilag for MBBS programme.
It depends,in what areas?
But from what i gather,there are a lot of expartriates in jos, and u are likely to meet them in med sch there, so yeah the place is quite okay.

2 Likes

Re: Unibadan Or Unijos? by Tyg3rFvry: 7:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
rant19ade:

It depends,in what areas?
But from what i gather,there are a lot of expartriates in jos, and u are likely to meet them in med sch there, so yeah the place is quite okay.

The man said that unijos medical school is better than unilag medical school

1 Like

Re: Unibadan Or Unijos? by Emeritus1200: 7:48pm On Jul 03, 2022
Tyg3rFvry:

Sir i can study fervently like you suggested but i cannot move to Ibadan yet. By the way am I to study Olevel textbooks? And should i still use jamb syllabus to prepare?
Yes, use JAMB syllabus to study. But be ready to come to Ibadan, at least, two months before the exam day. There are many tutorials inside UI that you can attend. The tutors are erudite and are students or graduates of the institution. They have vast knowledge and they will teach you how you can arrive at the right answer without wasting time. Some students have started the preparation now. So, you should also start. Don't procrastinate.

1 Like

Re: Unibadan Or Unijos? by rant19ade: 7:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
Tyg3rFvry:

The man said that unijos medical school is better than unilag medical school
Well That I Cant Say For Sure
Re: Unibadan Or Unijos? by Ramanoshobugie: 6:46am On Aug 07, 2022
Lol, Don’t let anyone discourage you( I got into ui on my first trial). I wrote jamb in 2020 at 16 and post utme in 2021 at 17 I got 340 and 76 respectively ( I wasn’t even ready for the post utme But we thank God) my score was higher than all courses cut off mark( I had an aggregate of 80) But true that my score isn’t really impressive as there are people with 348-340( a lot of them really) I feel if you study right you’ll get in. I persi studied some A level materials before I wrote jamb and it helped in my p utme ( I’m an engr student but you can reach out to me) I also didn’t attend any tutorials and lastly medicine’s cut off for last year was 75 ish. I know you can’t compare due to differences in subject combo But that’s that. A lot of people get into ui on their first try( I mean almost 90% of people I know got in on their first try)
And also ui doesn’t use o level to weigh admission prospects( so long you have c6 in all relevant 5 subjects you’re fine) you need to aim for 80 aggregate as sometimes questions are easy and threshold is higher like in 2018 when medicin was 79 cutoff agregate( jamb score/8+post utme/2)(326/8 =40.75) you need around 78-80 to be completely sure you’ll get in)
Re: Unibadan Or Unijos? by Tyg3rFvry: 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2022
Ramanoshobugie:
Lol, Don’t let anyone discourage you( I got into ui on my first trial). I wrote jamb in 2020 at 16 and post utme in 2021 at 17 I got 340 and 76 respectively ( I wasn’t even ready for the post utme But we thank God) my score was higher than all courses cut off mark( I had an aggregate of 80) But true that my score isn’t really impressive as there are people with 348-340( a lot of them really) I feel if you study right you’ll get in. I persi studied some A level materials before I wrote jamb and it helped in my p utme ( I’m an engr student but you can reach out to me) I also didn’t attend any tutorials and lastly medicine’s cut off for last year was 75 ish. I know you can’t compare due to differences in subject combo But that’s that. A lot of people get into ui on their first try( I mean almost 90% of people I know got in on their first try)
And also ui doesn’t use o level to weigh admission prospects( so long you have c6 in all relevant 5 subjects you’re fine) you need to aim for 80 aggregate as sometimes questions are easy and threshold is higher like in 2018 when medicin was 79 cutoff agregate( jamb score/8+post utme/2)(326/8 =40.75) you need around 78-80 to be completely sure you’ll get in)

Pls what are the unique benefits of studying medicine in U.I because I'm told I can easily get into LASU with my O Level... I'm still weighing my options. What's your suggestion?
Re: Unibadan Or Unijos? by Ramanoshobugie: 11:12am On Aug 09, 2022
Tyg3rFvry:

Pls what are the unique benefits of studying medicine in U.I because I'm told I can easily get into LASU with my O Level... I'm still weighing my options. What's your suggestion?
I don’t like the user interface of nairaland and I find it really difficult to navigate through it. My WhatsApp is +2347064667746

(1) (2) (Reply)

Change Of Course For Ume 2008 / Esut Post Ume Time Table / Free Non-merit Scholarships, Study Grants And Loans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.