Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina (17532 Views)

INEC Worries Over South-East Elections / CBN Worries Over Low Participation Of South East In Its Intervention Programmes / Saraki Decries Card Reader Malfunction, Low Voter Turnout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by Salvador1: 3:07pm On Jul 02, 2022
The Independent National Electoral Commission in Katsina State has expressed concern over the poor turnout of residents registering for the Permanent Voter Card in the newly established 1,750 polling units.

INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner in the state, Alhaji Jibril Zarewa, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Friday in Katsina.

He said that one year after the commencement of PVC registration, there was a poor turnout of people for registration in the newly established polling units.

Zarewa said, “In May 2022 when we did analysis, we realised out of the 1,750 newly established polling units, about 1,200 units did not have more than 50 people who registered in each of them.

“This registration involved transfers. Some of the polling units have zero registration, some have only one, some five while some have not more than 50 people who registered.

“Although this can be attributed to the suspension of telecommunication networks in 17 of the 34 Local Government Areas for about five months due to the security problem.

“Since the resumption of the exercise in March, out of the 1,750 polling units created, about 1,200 don’t have up to 50 people that registered in each of them.

“We are appealing to the people of those areas where the new polling units were created to go and register, as INEC is always ready for them.

“The reasons for the creation of additional polling units is to serve the areas and decongest the congested polling units through the transfer of their polling units.”

He disclosed that initially there were 4,902 polling units in the state but with the creation of the additional ones, there are 6,652 polling units at present.

Zarewa explained that the collection of the PVCs is appreciable, saying towards the 2019 election, INEC had to stop the issuance of the PVCs.

“As at that time, we had about three per cent of our cards collected, which means out of the 3.230 million PVCs we had, just about 50,000 were not collected.

“As of Jan. 12, 2022, we have taken 53,000 from the headquarters, and just a few days ago, we have taken an additional 20,000 for people who made corrections,” he said.

https://punchng.com/inec-worries-over-low-voter-registration-in-katsina/

1 Share

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by LoneWolf212: 3:08pm On Jul 02, 2022
With the insecurity there, nobody wan take chances.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by Salvador1: 3:10pm On Jul 02, 2022
Emi lokan

What's happening in kastina are they tired of APC.

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by Mynd44: 3:13pm On Jul 02, 2022
Salvador1:
Emi lokan

What's happening in kastina are they tired of APC.
If more people register, it is because they want to vote out APC
If people don't register, it is because they are tired.

My confusion is confusing my confusion

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by XerXers: 3:13pm On Jul 02, 2022
You think the north will stick out it's neck for yoruba advantage after Buhari's catastrophic failure which they now see as deception by yorubas?

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by BeardGangJnr1(m): 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
Lolsss......na tinubu thugs, Kaduna branch stop them pipo from registering... according to obi's arse lickers undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by Viicfuntop(f): 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
shocked

Probably they have been authorized by the bandits not to register. 2023 will be very interesting

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by Sacrednes: 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
the fear of bandits..

2 Likes

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by inoki247: 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
lol you will not see the people of Katsina or people from that region blaming INEC buh if na some region dey will start blaming INEC and blame invisible cabal of trying to disenfranchise dem cos dey av the voting power....

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by Realists(m): 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
Mynd44:

PDP laid the foundation for Apc, so stop confusing yourself for they are the same side of one coin.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by Rastaramsey(m): 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
When election comes, the state go drop 5m votes in total grin grin grin

Is God not good grin

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by revolution653(m): 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
Worry about those who have been on queues without been able to get registered first.

Imaging Inec official going to peoples home just to register dem up North
angry

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by Authoreety: 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
Disappointment boldly written in katsina

No be wetin dem cook na im dem chop...

grin grin cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by Rastaramsey(m): 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:
F

F for fish

2 Likes

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by NairaLux(f): 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by XerXers: 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
Mynd44:

Must you people console yourselves? You will soon know that Tinubu is not Buhari and will never be. Next time consolidate the south before going to the north. How yoruba dreams of becoming president without support from other southern zones still marvels me

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by Eriokanmi: 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
It's to Obi's advantage

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by Risingblue008(m): 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
grin grin grin
And after the election,
Inec will come out and say
Their candidate got 70million votes from there
Just like the past election,in brono polling center,there was a bomb blast and pple ran for their lives,
Could u believe that the inec official opened he's filthy mouth and say,
LATER IN THE DAY, PEOPLE CAME BACK AND VOTE AT THAT SAME PARTICULAR UNIT.
well,we all knw say INEC na still APC

we can change this evil deeds with our PVC,
Come out in heard and vote person wey get us all for mind,

PETER OBI
if atiku or tinibu win dis election,
There we go knw say buhari try well well

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by Luckylife(m): 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
When the state have been over run terrorists who are you expecting to believe in their son government.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by specialmati(m): 3:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
cool cool cool cool cool APC promised them change, it was negative. Then they came back and promised them next level. grin grin grin everywhere bust. Now they are afraid because they know the next promise is finish level. This finish level is whatever that survived change and next level won't excape finish level. They don't want. Abeg let them vote for Peter Obi jarri

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by Herbal002: 3:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
Why? That should be the work of representatives for proper sensitization on the virtues of PVC and they should be aware that their votes will count.
Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by Angelfrost(m): 3:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
INEC should be more worried about insecurity than rigging elections.

1 Like

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by Salvador1: 3:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
Mynd44:

let it keep confusing u.
Till u leave tribalism.
Kastina people have been eaten up by bandits they created thus the low voter registration.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by Newyorkitis(m): 3:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
It is as a result banditry. I am obliged to say no more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by Splitmind: 3:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
Mynd44:

With or without voters cards the people of Katsina will vote Tinubu come 2023.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by iamyemiakins(m): 3:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
Their tired is tired of Buhari and APC.

4 Likes

Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by paskal16: 3:17pm On Jul 02, 2022
Re: INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina by Authoreety: 3:17pm On Jul 02, 2022
Mynd44:

Nairalanders are not surprised.... About the confusion ish....

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

34 People Killed At Potiskum Cattle-Market In Yobe State / Court Orders Interim Seizure Of Okorocha’s Abuja Property / Power Tussle Delays Budget Passage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.