Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong (8903 Views)

Tinubu "Beheads" Ebuka In Photoshop Gone Wrong / Senators Attempt To Reconvene The National Assembly. / Fashola Arrives Onitsha, Inspects Work On Second Niger Bridge- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Arelyn: 11:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
B
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by logicalhumour: 11:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
Golan007:

As a farmer, good roads to your farm, construction of silos, bridges, railways, communication etc. would ease and improve your business.

Infrastructure is key.

Are you a farmer? No? Well, that's what I thought. Now, listen to a Benue boy educate you on farming in Nigeria.

- First of all, lemme break it to you that "good roads" aiding transportation is just a secondary school business studies meme. No matter how rugged a road is, our trucks will pass.

- Silos you say. If we encourage producing so much rice —more than we can consume, do you finding a way to store it will be a problem? Only the revenue generated from exporting it can handle the needed storage facilities (and once again, production gives birth to infrastructure)

- Communication
You're kidding, right? Don't get me started.

- Bridges, railways, "infrastructure is key"

Of course, infrastructure is key, however, the question is, should it be prioritised over production?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by plaindealer: 11:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
Pandora doesn't believe in any infrastructure or spending money to better the people, the only infrastructure and money he believes in his the money he stashed in his foreign secrete Pandora account.

What a scammer..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by hakeemhakeem(m): 11:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
intruder15:

You haven't answered what I asked. Are you saying that infrastructure will create job and boost economy better than production? Answer this one first
You need to understand what the two words stand for, everyone can produce but at what quantity and quality but with infrastructures you produce more quality .to be producing economy which one was saying there more be infrastructures in place.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by yemex04(m): 11:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
intruder15:

Can you compare that to the number of jobs that a production company will employ? Why do you think people are rushing to states with high production companies? Why are people relocating from Nigeria? So you think infrastructure will give more jobs than production?

It's okay to support a candidate. But don't lose your thinking faculty while at it.

In a nutshell, the idea of investing in infrastructure like good road networks, railway, hospitals, etc should be jetishioned for what exactly?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Golan007: 11:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
logicalhumour:

Are you a farmer? No? Well, that's what I thought. Now, listen to a Benue boy educate you on farming in Nigeria.

- First of all, lemme break it to you that "good roads" aiding transportation is just a secondary school business studies meme. No matter how rugged a road is, our trucks will pass.

- Silos you say. If we encourage producing so much rice —more than we can consume, do you finding a way to store it will be a problem? Only the revenue generated from exporting it can handle the needed storage facilities (and once again, production gives birth to infrastructure)

- Communication

Of course, infrastructure is key, however, the question is, should it be prioritised over production?

Because you are Benue boy, you are now an authority on farming?

Even the Benue from High level in Makurdi to Ortukpo enroute Nsukka, we've been there.

Arguing against infrastructure is a disservice to your education.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by donb06: 11:37pm On Jul 02, 2022
Afamed:

Hope you are not the m+d man that gave Obi advise at upper Iweka years ago?
Thought you had sense and wanted to discuss economic issues, not knowing you're a dunce with no sense of direction.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by logicalhumour: 11:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
Golan007:

Because you are Benue boy, you are now an authority on farming?

Even the Benue from High level in Makurdi to Ortukpo enroute Nsukka, we've been there.

Arguing against infrastructure is a disservice to your education.

Don't put it like that! I'm not arguing against infrastructure. I'm simply saying production should be prioritised. And e get why.

Ever since I remember myself, politicians have been selling themselves to us with stuff like "I will build this infrastructure, I will build that..." and yet, nothing ever seems to happen. Putting corruption aside, perhaps we're lagging on infrastructure because we just can't get production right!

Why don't we try something new?

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by onumadu: 11:58pm On Jul 02, 2022
The man is a member of the BAT party.
To the bat, the world is flat!

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Golan007: 12:02am On Jul 03, 2022
logicalhumour:

Don't put it like that! I'm not arguing against infrastructure. I'm simply saying production should be prioritised. And e get why.

Ever since I remember myself, politicians have been selling themselves to us with stuff like "I will build this infrastructure, I will build that..." and yet, nothing ever seems to happen. Putting corruption aside, perhaps we're lagging on infrastructure because we just can't get production right!

Why don't we try something new?

You do know one who made
such pronouncements - which has come to fruition (Lekki deep seaport), is on the ballot?

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by YemyTemmy: 12:17am On Jul 03, 2022
logicalhumour:

I just watched a short video where Fashola attempted to "school" Peter Obi on Infrastructure vs Production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9HUruemlAI
(https://www.nairaland.com/7208125/fashola-schools-peter-obi-infrastructure)

I might know nothing to challenge someone like Fashola, but him making a statement such as "building infrastructures is the way to legitimately distribute wealth in an economy."...like seriously? Do Nigerians throw away common sense when it comes to politics?

Like, for example, how many people did the second Niger bridge employ, and where are they today? As opposed to refining diesel, or a steel plant producing steel and constantly employing common Nigerians for decades and decades?

He talked about how infrastructure automatically increases the demand for the materials used in building them. He forgot to mention how short-lived this demand is. Worse of all, we all know that we import the steel and our diesel!

I think watching this video of Fashola today has made me a die hard OBIdient tbfh. Obi is like a million steps ahead of these guys in thinking productively.

I mean, how about you work on producing your steel and diesel before thinking about Infrastructure? He spoke about millions of litres of diesel, tons and tons of steel used for that Niger bridge, etc.
Any smart person who sees the bigger picture will easily see how 'building infrastructure' in our current setting easily translates to consumption (since we'll be importing the lot of skills and materials!)

Isn't it obvious that production can easily translate to building infrastructure if prioritised in a country like Nigeria?

Prioritising production is like killing a thousand birds with one stone.

My f#*g opinion though.

I really don't like contributing in matters like this but lemmie help your curiously. I'm not APC fan but fashola was absolutely right on this. Let me cite a vivid example. There is this part of Lagos state that lead to ogun state, the area was totally under developed. Ambode came and built the road. Suddenly the value of land appreciated from 1.4m (value I bought 8 years ago) to 11M the present worth. You need to see massive development as a result of the road network, different estate sprang up in that hood. Some families people considered very poor sold half of their land and used the proceed to build the other plot and start their biz, now they are living fine. GOVT DIDN'T CREDIT THEIR ACCOUNT DIRECTLY BUT BECAME WEALTHY FROM GOVT INFRASTRUCTURE.

Do you need more examples? ??

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by YemyTemmy: 12:20am On Jul 03, 2022
meetme01:

Op is explaining investment in infrastructure to a layman like you in clear terms. Everything is not politics bro Learn so when you discussing outside, it will boast your moral and show you have something upstairs.

You are the one that actually need to learn. Everything is not politics. Pls learn so you can engage people in intellectual conversation

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by MetaPhysical: 12:21am On Jul 03, 2022
logicalhumour:

I just watched a short video where Fashola attempted to "school" Peter Obi on Infrastructure vs Production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9HUruemlAI
(https://www.nairaland.com/7208125/fashola-schools-peter-obi-infrastructure)

I might know nothing to challenge someone like Fashola, but him making a statement such as "building infrastructures is the way to legitimately distribute wealth in an economy."...like seriously? Do Nigerians throw away common sense when it comes to politics?

Like, for example, how many people did the second Niger bridge employ, and where are they today? As opposed to refining diesel, or a steel plant producing steel and constantly employing common Nigerians for decades and decades?

He talked about how infrastructure automatically increases the demand for the materials used in building them. He forgot to mention how short-lived this demand is. Worse of all, we all know that we import the steel and our diesel!

I think watching this video of Fashola today has made me a die hard OBIdient tbfh. Obi is like a million steps ahead of these guys in thinking productively.

I mean, how about you work on producing your steel and diesel before thinking about Infrastructure? He spoke about millions of litres of diesel, tons and tons of steel used for that Niger bridge, etc.
Any smart person who sees the bigger picture will easily see how 'building infrastructure' in our current setting easily translates to consumption (since we'll be importing the lot of skills and materials!)

Isn't it obvious that production can easily translate to building infrastructure if prioritised in a country like Nigeria?

Prioritising production is like killing a thousand birds with one stone.

My f#*g opinion though.

Hhmmm....ol boy calm down!

Fashola is correct. Infrastructures bring earning power and empower communities.

The example you used is 2nd niger bridge. The reason communities around 2nd niger bridge did not profit from employment is because they lacked insight and knowledge about empowerement. They sealed off access to the construction site and intimidated workers to force contractors and government into a omonile deal. They received compensation as pay off to allow work to begin. Similar thing happened at Enugu airport.

Meanwhile to see how infrastructure empower communities go to sorrounding villages in the Lagos FTZ. Check with workforce in the Lagos Atlantic City.

Infrastructure is an empowerement for building and redistributing wealth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by ElSudani: 12:24am On Jul 03, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Hhmmm....ol boy calm down!

Fashola is correct. Infrastructures bring earning power and empower communities.

The example you used is 2nd niger bridge. The reason communities around 2nd niger bridge did not profit from employment is because they lacked insight and knowledge about empowerement. They sealed off access to the construction site and intimidated workers to force contractors and government into a omonile deal. They received compensation as pay off to allow work to begin. Similar thing happened at Enugu airport.

Meanwhile to see how infrastructure empower communities go to sorrounding villages in the Lagos FTZ. Check with workforce in the Lagos Atlantic City.

Infrastructure is an empowerement for building and redistributing wealth.

Don't tell them lest Peter Obi start to pick your brain instead of promoting his brewery.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by REDshouse(m): 12:29am On Jul 03, 2022
PresidObi:

Not as key as security, because we have been farming in this country since 1300 when there were no good roads. But we cannot farm with insecurity.

That's why I am talking about enabling environment over infrastructure.
and if there is any security issue at ur farm how will relevant security agencies and aids come to rescue you at the farm without good roads..

response time will be faster when u have. good roads

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by israelinvests: 12:37am On Jul 03, 2022
ElSudani:

Don't tell them lest Peter Obi start to pick your brain instead of promoting his brewery.

Fashola is very right on dis... Infrastructures bring in development and increase the value / volume of production.... infrastructural mechanicisms FasTrack production and also improve the supply of goods and services to various distance consumers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by ElSudani: 12:38am On Jul 03, 2022
israelinvests:

Fashola is very right on dis... Infrastructures bring in development and increase the value / volume of production.... infrastructural mechanicisms FasTrack production and also improve the supply of goods and services to various distance consumers

You are absolutely right.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by MidasKinki: 1:28am On Jul 03, 2022
Investing on infrastructure isn't bad especially when handled rightly. Optimal investment on electricity, transportation only can really do a magic for the economy.

I got what Mr Peter Obi is driving at but rulling out infrastructural development in it's entirety as you guys are making it seems on this thread is wrong. A production economy is not an economy with absence of consumption. It'll be unrealistic to see it as such rather it's simply an economy with positive net production. more resources geared towards production.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by DWickedLandLord: 1:31am On Jul 03, 2022
Nothing dey your account you dey discuss finances.
Because you're anonymous abi?

Shame should catch some of you
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by MidasKinki: 1:38am On Jul 03, 2022
logicalhumour:

- Communication

I'm a farmer. I run an Agro brokerage group too. I was getting angry reading this until I get to the part where you wrote "of course infrastructure is key". That's it. I will take every other things you wrote as just normal NL bants. Good night.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by DWickedLandLord: 1:42am On Jul 03, 2022
God forbid I rather take advice from a self made exposed businessman.

Na online touts with 2004 Corolla know better.

Funny enough, same online touts that was giving advise 2014/2019
Ndi "wise" around election

Listen to them at your own peril. They don't mean well for the country.
No be them reelected Buhari? When Atiku/Obi clearly had a better vision for the country. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by TrueNigerian300: 1:43am On Jul 03, 2022
Some of you no nothing about development and too attached to your emotions. Someone even asked how many people 2nd niger bridge help, really? So you all think if there are good roads, rail network and other infrastructures wouldnt Nigeria be better off than it is today?

The Obi you all overhype is not on same level with Fashola, the records are there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by ebufa: 2:20am On Jul 03, 2022
tinsel:
OP, Fashola is actually making sense. Enough of all these nonsense and childish propaganda. Let us play like intelligent people and not like illiterates.

so in your professorial mind driving production and productive capacity does not involve buying chippings and steel rods...............no wonder Apc has driven nigerian's economy over the cliff...........
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Theone123: 2:23am On Jul 03, 2022
jumper524:
Go school una no go go.
Large infrastructural projects might create small numbers of direct employment but many more indirect employment and engagement.
The contractor has hit big, he goes home invest in his residential place, employ people, pay them and the cycle continues.

The contractor that hits big? That's very shallow bro. What if he decides to reinvest in another country but Nigeria?

I just think production and infrastructure works arm in arm — to say you will sustain a country's economy solely based on infrastructural development is false because whenever the case of China comes up today, it's because of their productivity might.
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by ElSudani: 2:28am On Jul 03, 2022
Theone123:

The contractor that hits big? That's very shallow bro. What if he decides to reinvest in another country but Nigeria?

I just think production and infrastructure works arm in arm — to say you will sustain a country's economy solely based on infrastructural development is false because whenever the case of China comes up today, it's because of their productivity might.

Do you know the insane amount of money China has been spending on infrastructures? Don't argue about things you don't really understand.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-06/china-infrastructure-push-dwarfs-u-s-spending

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Theone123: 2:33am On Jul 03, 2022
ElSudani:

Do you know the insane amount of money China has been spending on infrastructures? Don't argue about things you don't really understand.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-06/china-infrastructure-push-dwarfs-u-s-spending

Are they generating the money for the infrastructure from thin air?
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by ElSudani: 2:40am On Jul 03, 2022
Theone123:

Are they generating the money for the infrastructure from thin air?

I really don't understand how you guys reason against facts.
The role of the government is to provide these things while the private sector takes over from there. Did you read the part where the report says most of the spending is towards helping manufacturing and related industries?
Na wah o, no wonder some of you are supporters of Peter Obi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Minjim: 3:03am On Jul 03, 2022
start
PresidObi:
But in truth, I had been rating Fashola very high before this past few weeks.

I even forgave his goof about "power not being rocket science " but what he is saying now makes me think he doesn't really know much.

Oga no nation is an Island for a refinery or steel company to function well you need roads leading to the them. Won't you first construct the infrastructure that'll make the place accessible?

Look at Dangote Refinery, Without good road how can they bring in all those equipment? .

Good roads give lands value. Imagine a remote area. Once govt construct asseccible road, people will start buying land and business opportunities will start coming in even the land price will start
Having increase value
Imagine what infrastructure like stable power will do for our economy?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by allcomage: 3:39am On Jul 03, 2022
CrimeKsmart:
What Fashola said is nothing but the truth but it will be very hard for an average brain to comprehend easily. Infrastructures like good roads, will have effect on cost of production which will eventually affect the price of a commodity. If there are good infrastructures that aid the cost of production, it will definitely help the economy to grow faster.

His point is so clear and simple unless you are daft or sentimental you won't understand his simple point.
Like the Abuja kaduna railway, billions of dollars borrowed for it, how far today? Where's government going to get the money to repay the loan and interest? Go and listen to Peter Obi version, he is miles ahead.
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Abdu81: 3:48am On Jul 03, 2022
ElSudani:
These people are so funny. What Fashola said is the absolute truth. One of the ways to boost employment and the economy is for the government to invest in infrastructure.
Obi will rather invest in a brewery though.
how an example of second niger bridge was given.
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by allcomage: 4:01am On Jul 03, 2022
Apc and buhari supporters tag the administration as the best infrastructurally, but at the end, 11,000,000 jobs were lost since apc took over. A successful entrepreneur is miles ahead of a office academician .
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by nnamdi640: 4:01am On Jul 03, 2022
I can see the kind of augment going on in this section of this headline as a result of obedient. No matter what you guys say the best is to create a friendly environment such creating job opportunities, stable electricity and good security also good educational system. When you build bridges and the above are lacking, a little disaster such as protest can turn those infrastructures to dust.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Petrol Will Be Available In Two Weeks – IPMAN / 87 Million PVCs Collected Says INEC / Has Trader Moni Been Postponed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.