Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong (8908 Views)

Tinubu "Beheads" Ebuka In Photoshop Gone Wrong / Senators Attempt To Reconvene The National Assembly. / Fashola Arrives Onitsha, Inspects Work On Second Niger Bridge- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Vicdgreat556(m): 10:46am On Jul 03, 2022
PresidObi:
But in truth, I had been rating Fashola very high before this past few weeks.

I even forgave his goof about "power not being rocket science " but what he is saying now makes me think he doesn't really know much.

Makes you think. Oga dat man nor Sabi zero.. all the people in buhari cupboard.. just check their life.. like father like

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Vicdgreat556(m): 10:48am On Jul 03, 2022
ElSudani:

In your superior logic, once bridges and roads are constructed they will just maintain themselves forever as nobody would need to maintain them? Wow!

Understanding isn't for all ok.. ask questions
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Kingbeewillsee(m): 11:18am On Jul 03, 2022
To build a paved one km of road in Nigeria is 87million naira and calculate if you know want to build 100 km of paved road will cost 8.7 billion naira the price will increase due to bribery and the company awarded the contract does the Government have the money to build more than 100 km of paved road all around the country..
You Fashola people you make it seems improving infrastructure is easy while it's hard and that's why Nigeria is in a debt trap with China currently Nigeria is still in debt instead of Nigeria should focus on improving local production and productivity and of course education and tourism sector to be able to pay off our debt to china and the world bank and tinubu wants to us to be a credit economy where everyone can take loan from bank anyhow and Nigeria will end up like USA in the 2008 financial bubble crash cause many banks were giving people to many loans to buy houses which in return people couldn't afford to pay back the loan
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Edopesin: 11:22am On Jul 03, 2022
Perfectbeing:
All of a sudden, Nigerians that insults the Government for bad roads are now opening their mouth to say roads are not important.

Nobody said infrastructure is not good, fashola said that infrastructure is the most legitimate means of wealth distribution, not investment in production which in turn create long term jobs.

Let's forget politics and discuss logically

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Edopesin: 11:24am On Jul 03, 2022
Vicdgreat556:

Makes you think. Oga dat man nor Sabi zero.. all the people in buhari cupboard.. just check their life.. like father like

If fashola no sabi zero then there's no hope for 95% of politicians
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by an0daGuy: 11:41am On Jul 03, 2022
logicalhumour:

Are you a farmer? No? Well, that's what I thought. Now, listen to a Benue boy educate you on farming in Nigeria.

- First of all, lemme break it to you that "good roads" aiding transportation is just a secondary school business studies meme. No matter how rugged a road is, our trucks will pass.

- Silos you say. If we encourage producing so much rice —more than we can consume, do you finding a way to store it will be a problem? Only the revenue generated from exporting it can handle the needed storage facilities (and once again, production gives birth to infrastructure)

- Communication
You're kidding, right? Don't get me started.

- Bridges, railways, "infrastructure is key"

Of course, infrastructure is key, however, the question is, should it be prioritised over production?

So you’re a Benue state indigene and also a farmer but yet whenever they post news of fulani herdsmen massacre against farmers in benue I’ve never ever seen you post RIP or make your displeasure known on those threads shocked

Na today I confirm say God go punish you angry
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Af0nja: 11:51am On Jul 03, 2022
It's all good, Fashola, however smart he is, looks daft here because he is trying to defend folly and make sense out obvious nonsense.

Infrastructure, which commonly translates to basic amenities will only enable a smooth playing ground for economic growth. Fashola is deceiving himself because we all know that the infrastructure he is talking about is unstable power, bad roads, lingering contracts, and their biased, economically irrelevant rail project.
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by intruder15(m): 11:55am On Jul 03, 2022
Misterone:
you be mumu! Have you seen where an industry is sites in a forest without access road, power etc? Mumu Obi supporters. Infrastructure leads to the development of an environment. Mumu take this to the bank. If you have a pieces of land in the bush, it is almost worthless but the moment a road is constructed in Front of that land, the value increases exponentially. Mumu.

You lack wisdom and understanding. I asked a simple question. Will infrastructure boost the economy better than production? That's the simple question I asked. Awaiting your response to know if you are sensible enough to educate further.
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Simplythebest: 11:57am On Jul 03, 2022
So u are saying once the road is build today tomorrow they will start to maintain them and what the percentage of people that will be maintaining them? Fashola should stop fooling himself buying saying Obi is wrong when actually he is the one that is wrong. That video was before 2015 election and fashion was made the minister of Power what happened to the power even the minister of works what happened to the roads. U guys should wake up
ElSudani:

In your superior logic, once bridges and roads are constructed they will just maintain themselves forever as nobody would need to maintain them? Wow!
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Hydroxide(m): 12:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
What does fashola even knows about production and distribution of wealth? Someone that studies law. If not for this stupid country, how can someone who is a lawyer with SAN be in charge of the ministry of housing, power and works? Buhari is a very stupid and confused man.
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Misterone: 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2022
intruder15:

You lack wisdom and understanding. I asked a simple question. Will infrastructure boost the economy better than production? That's the simple question I asked. Awaiting your response to know if you are sensible enough to educate further.
Ode! How do you get production without infrastructure? One must come before the other. Mumu. Infrastructure is key to every development.
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by intruder15(m): 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2022
Misterone:
Ode! How do you get production without infrastructure? One must come before the other. Mumu. Infrastructure is key to every development.

Obviously beating around the bush. How old are you again? Sorry. A fool can also be at 40. I don't overrule the importance of Infrastructure. But it will be stupidity to say that infrastructure will create more jobs than production. They work hand in hand. I agree. Not infrastructure over production.
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by mabea: 4:01pm On Jul 03, 2022
CrimeKsmart:

You reason like an illiterate. Sorry to say if you find it offensive. You don't need to digress, all things being equal, infrastructures will affect the final prices of commodities and that's what Fashola is trying to tell Obi and his supporters.

We all know what affect the present high cost of goods and services which are; price of petroleum,Insurgency, and government policies. But the truth still remains that infrastructures play a major role in the economy too.
Read what you wrote again carefully and apologize to the guy you called illiterate.
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Perfectbeing(m): 4:02pm On Jul 03, 2022
Edopesin:

Nobody said infrastructure is not good, fashola said that infrastructure is the most legitimate means of wealth distribution, not investment in production which in turn create long term jobs.

Let's forget politics and discuss logically
Peter Obi literally said, "infrastructures doesn't drive an economy". He totally down played the importance of infrastructures in an economy.

Fashola only tried to correct him. He never said infrastructures is the most legitimate means of wealth distribution.

And again I asked you. Would a foreign business man invest his hard earn billions in an economy where there are no infrastructures?
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by mabea: 4:04pm On Jul 03, 2022
ElSudani:

My friend, infrastructure is the driver of all modern economies. Power plants, roads, railways, bridges etc. These are the main engines of growth, you will not be able to efficiently grow your economy and increase productivity without these factors.
Listen to Fashola, he is miles ahead of Obi.
Do you mean even when the money is borrowed and without a proper check on security
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Perfectbeing(m): 4:08pm On Jul 03, 2022
Badgers14:

You could learn to make your point without ridiculing yourself- check your first sentence.

Nigeria is a blessed country, if you read my post very well, I mentioned plus other natural resources that Nigeria have and I will like to add agricultural products to the mix as well.

Nigeria have a huge population and God the creator gave them resources to fend for herselves but corruption will not let then.

The country gave up on Agriculture that was once our #1 source of income as a country, then faced oil, other industries were almost abandoned..
Even the oil self, neither of the government owned refineries are working in full capacity even with all the money earmarked for the project since Obasanjo's regime.

There's money to fix whatever needs to be fixed in Nigeria, Nigeria is not poor.

My conversation with Mr. Abdulwastecx was about the duration of the 2nd Niger bridge project.. a project of that small magnitude of less than 2 miles should not have taken this long to complete.

Between Nigeria and "those other natural resources" you are talking about are billions of dollars worth of investment. If not those resources are no different from sand and grass. And nobody will want to invest in those resources if he/she isn't sure of a high ROI. Nobody will invest his money there when there are no infrastructures in place.

The reason the refineries are not working is because of fuel subsidies. The money NNPC are supposed to use to maintain the refineries are used in subsiding fuel for us. Until fuel subsidy is removed, we will all keep deceiving ourselves.
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by ElSudani: 4:11pm On Jul 03, 2022
mabea:
Do you mean even when the money is borrowed and without a proper check on security

Is it by coincidence that all poor countries have shambolic infrastructure while all rich countries have well funded and well managed infrastructure?
Think my friend, think.
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by mabea: 4:35pm On Jul 03, 2022
ElSudani:

Is it by coincidence that all poor countries have shambolic infrastructure while all rich countries have well funded and well managed infrastructure?
Think my friend, think.
No matter the sea of infrastructures you have, if you you don't clamp down on insecurities you are wasting your time.
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Chido26: 4:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
Golan007:

As a farmer, good roads to your farm, construction of silos, bridges, railways, communication etc. would ease and improve your business.

Infrastructure is key.

Yet Nigeria is poverty capital of the World!!
Think and be obidient....
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by ElSudani: 4:46pm On Jul 03, 2022
mabea:
No matter the sea of infrastructures you have, if you you don't clamp down on insecurities you are wasting your time.

Who said you cannot build infrastructure and keep your country secured at the same time?
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Edopesin: 4:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Peter Obi literally said, "infrastructures doesn't drive an economy". He totally down played the importance of infrastructures in an economy.

Fashola only tried to correct him. He never said infrastructures is the most legitimate means of wealth distribution.

And again I asked you. Would a foreign business man invest his hard earn billions in an economy where there are no infrastructures?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9HUruemlAI?t=60

From this point he is insinuating that infrastructure is the way to legitimately distribute wealth, that is his main point here

But Peter Obi said this about the physical infrastructure, he never downplayed it's importance but instead placed human development higher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFOwww0kanA

P.S- I'd be grateful for the video of Peter Obi saying infrastructure doesn't drive an economy
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by CrimeKsmart: 4:58pm On Jul 03, 2022
mabea:
Read what you wrote again carefully and apologize to the guy you called illiterate.
You can tell me why I should apologize to the guy
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Golan007: 4:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
Chido26:

Yet Nigeria is poverty capital of the World!!
Think and be obidient....

Anambra is one of the poorest states whilst Lagos is by far the richest.
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by abdulwastecx(m): 5:08pm On Jul 03, 2022
Kingbeewillsee:
To build a paved one km of road in Nigeria is 87million naira and calculate if you know want to build 100 km of paved road will cost 8.7 billion naira the price will increase due to bribery and the company awarded the contract does the Government have the money to build more than 100 km of paved road all around the country..
You Fashola people you make it seems improving infrastructure is easy while it's hard and that's why Nigeria is in a debt trap with China currently Nigeria is still in debt instead of Nigeria should focus on improving local production and productivity and of course education and tourism sector to be able to pay off our debt to china and the world bank and tinubu wants to us to be a credit economy where everyone can take a loan from bank anyhow and Nigeria will end up like USA in the 2008 financial bubble crash cause many banks were giving people to many loans to buy houses which in return people couldn't afford to pay back the loan

A kilometer of the road of two-lane each of 3.75m with a shoulder of 2.5m costs an average of 200m/km($0.4m/km), excluding bridges. When you compare this to the USA's average of $1.87m/km, you will accept that is far cheaper to build roads in this climes.

Note: there are so many variables responsible for the cost of roads; things as topography, soil condition, the hydrological condition of the area, and location such is rural and urban etc.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Jajasabali(m): 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
Investing in infrastructure in a society with low rate of literacy is scam
Just like the Abuja train
And other infrastructures we've lost due to mismanagement it'll be the same spoiling
Education is key to any developing country
Critical investment in education
Accessible loans to the citizens would boost the economy especially through Sme and mortgage loans
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by mabea: 6:07pm On Jul 03, 2022
ElSudani:

Who said you cannot build infrastructure and keep your country secured at the same time?
But is that the reality in Nigeria?
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Perfectbeing(m): 6:46pm On Jul 03, 2022
Edopesin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9HUruemlAI?t=60

From this point he is insinuating that infrastructure is the way to legitimately distribute wealth, that is his main point here

But Peter Obi said this about the physical infrastructure, he never downplayed it's importance but instead placed human development higher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFOwww0kanA

P.S- I'd be grateful for the video of Peter Obi saying infrastructure doesn't drive an economy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m2Dkpjt2Pk

Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Edopesin: 7:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
Perfectbeing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m2Dkpjt2Pk

The other video of his I shared clearly states where he stands, that physical infrastructure shouldn't come first in the context of Nigeria.

I agree with him on that note but infrastructure also drives an economy and that's one thing I appreciate buhari for
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Perfectbeing(m): 9:54pm On Jul 03, 2022
Edopesin:

The other video of his I shared clearly states where he stands, that physical infrastructure shouldn't come first in the context of Nigeria.

I agree with him on that note but infrastructure also drives an economy and that's one thing I appreciate buhari for
One would wonder why Anambra didn't fair better than Lagos since he favoured physical infrastructures second.
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by McCoy662(m): 11:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
Pakute:

Agriculture itself is infrastructure. Where do Igbos get their Education ffs!
You guys should understand the meaning of infrastructure before coming to public forum to embarrass yourselves. Abeg.
Mumu... U are as dull as Fashola. Who told u the example of infrastructure is agriculture?? U are dumb!
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by Misterone: 10:02pm On Jul 10, 2022
intruder15:

Obviously beating around the bush. How old are you again? Sorry. A fool can also be at 40. I don't overrule the importance of Infrastructure. But it will be stupidity to say that infrastructure will create more jobs than production. They work hand in hand. I agree. Not infrastructure over production.
you are just too daft. I bet nothing meaningful can come out of those cranium of yours. Stupidity is even an easy word on you. Infrastructure before production. Sink that in.
Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by HilcomTech(m): 10:52pm On Jul 10, 2022
ElSudani:
These people are so funny. What Fashola said is the absolute truth. One of the ways to boost employment and the economy is for the government to invest in infrastructure.
Obi will rather invest in a brewery though.

Help me tell them oo

The Pandora criminal and his supporters have got to be the DUMBBEST people on the face of the earth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari: Insecurity Will Soon Be A Thing Of The Past / I’m A Product Of God’s Special Mercy, Protection - Osinbajo / Buhari Message To Newly Sworn In Officers Of 9th National Assembly & Legislators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.