Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,037 members, 7,953,126 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:05 AM

Drake Facetimes With Israel Adesanya Before UFC 276, Reveals He Bet A $1M - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Drake Facetimes With Israel Adesanya Before UFC 276, Reveals He Bet A $1M (739 Views)

Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drake Facetimes With Israel Adesanya Before UFC 276, Reveals He Bet A $1M by emekson(m): 11:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
Drake has been in contact with Israel Adesanya, making fans suddenly worried about the UFC middleweight champion heading into his next fight.

Adesanya puts his title on the line against Jared Cannonier on Saturday night at UFC 276 in Las Vegas. An already eventful fight week for Adesanya – filled with big talk, a wild verbal sparring match with Sean Strickland, and an intense faceoff with Cannonier – got even more interesting when Drake reached out to FaceTime with him Thursday.

Adesanya shared a clip of his conversation with Drake on Friday night, calling it “Goat Talk” between one of the UFC’s all-time middleweight greats and one of the biggest rappers/singers in music today.

During the call, Drake revealed that he placed a $1 million bet on Adesanya.

“Bro, I already know what time it is,” Drake said. “You know, I put a light million up.”

“Light mil?” Adesanya asked.

“A light mil,” Drake responded. “I had to put a light mil on my brother. Return on investment is a lock.”

Drake also wished Adesanya luck before his fight and complimented him heavily.

“I just want to wish you good luck,” Drake said. “You know I love you, brother. You’re different. You’re a different guy, bro. I have a deep, deep, deep love and respect for you. A deep love and respect.”

After they hung up, Adesanya was practically wonderstruck.

“That was dope,” Adesanya said to the camera. “I like that. He gave me chills. … F*ck that was cool.”

You can watch the conversation between Drake and Adesanya below (via Twitter):

Goat Talk �
Virtual dinner with @Drake over @stake �#stylebender #drake #poundcake � pic.twitter.com/7kQFkuIq66

Re: Drake Facetimes With Israel Adesanya Before UFC 276, Reveals He Bet A $1M by Rastaramsey(m): 11:59pm On Jul 02, 2022
Drake go swear for am tire if he lose grin grin grin
Re: Drake Facetimes With Israel Adesanya Before UFC 276, Reveals He Bet A $1M by Dandy1(m): 7:25am On Jul 03, 2022
Israel, you for avoid that call like a plague. You no fear the drake curse? shocked
Re: Drake Facetimes With Israel Adesanya Before UFC 276, Reveals He Bet A $1M by Wizywiz(m): 7:27am On Jul 03, 2022
But shey isreal won the match na cheesy
Re: Drake Facetimes With Israel Adesanya Before UFC 276, Reveals He Bet A $1M by adefitim(m): 7:47am On Jul 03, 2022
Drake Dey try tell am make e no let him million vanish
Re: Drake Facetimes With Israel Adesanya Before UFC 276, Reveals He Bet A $1M by CandyOps(m): 8:57am On Jul 03, 2022
Dandy1:
Israel, you for avoid that call like a plague. You no fear the drake curse? shocked

Its okay to pick up. This only call I will not advice anyone to pickup before any important event like, a big match, major surgery, childbirth or exams/interviews is if the call is from the office of the President of Naija

1 Like

Re: Drake Facetimes With Israel Adesanya Before UFC 276, Reveals He Bet A $1M by Soulsymbol99: 9:27am On Jul 03, 2022
Dandy1:

Naija curse don supersed Drake curse grin

(1) (Reply)

Gold For Nigeria In Women 4x100 Relay / FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup, Tue, 11 Oct; Germany 2-1 Nigeria Full-Time / Free VIP Correct Score

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.