Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Why You May Go To Hell After Many Years Of Being In Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You May Go To Hell After Many Years Of Being In Church. (582 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: God Swore To Make Me Rich Because I Gave Him Car Many Years Ago / Can A Christian Go To Hell After He Is Saved? / All Haters Should Proceed To Hell - PA To Pastor David Ibiyieome Address Haters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You May Go To Hell After Many Years Of Being In Church. by Utumax(m): 4:17am On Jul 03, 2022
Just as we all know, the physical evidence to show that one is a believer,is that he/she belongs to a Bible believing church.

And I believe it won't be an exaggeration to say that plenty of all Christians in the church at a point confessed Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.

Now, how truthful am I when I say that one who has confessed Jesus, possibly been attending church for many years as an affirmation that he truly and continually mean it,will be rejected by the one he has been following?

Will Jesus be so heartless to forget all the good deeds, acts of faith, melodious songs, wonderful testimonies and all you rendered in His presence?

"God can never be so wicked.He is a merciful God. The Bible confirmed it. We all read it". You said.

Hope you also read where He placed a choice of life and death before you? And He did beckoned on you to choose life.

Yeah. That was God's true intention for you. That you will live. And live in abundance-enternal life. He never wanted anyone to go to hell.Not even the devil.He had to send His son to make sure that all is Saved.

Why then will I go to hell after identify with a church?

To answer this question,I will love to draw your attention to why you were created. You were e created for the pleasure of God,the creator.

And because many people in the church don't know why they were created,they ended up not living to that purpose.

Being in the church seemed to you as all God wanted from you.

You forgot there's so much to living like Christ(Christian),than being in the church.

Going to church as beautiful as it is,is not enough to send one to heaven.

Jesus was killed by people that thought they were doing God a favour. Maybe God can't fight for Himself. Let's lend Him hands and eliminate his enemy. Wow!

There are many like that in churches today. They are not working their own salvation with fear and trembling as the Bible instructed.

Many have things they hold so tenacious. Things that are not in unison with the teachings of Jesus. They thought it doesn't matter.When queried by their leaders,they give thousand reasons why there should be overlooked and focus on other weightier matters.

They go to church to satisfy their desires.Living a camouflage live.They so engulfed by empty praises coming men.They think God doesn't see their hearts.

I know this will sound strange to you - that all your labour of love showed to brethren may not count because of one little sin�. Sin as little as lie, gossip,anger, covetousness, formication etc.

Perhaps you have confessed it to God overtimes but you refused to let go. You kept on falling back to it because most of your values are in synchronism with them.

In your mind you say, “Look, God, judge me according to my deeds. I’ve lived a good life. Take my good works and put them beside my bad ones and certainly the good will outweigh the bad!” I have served you in various capacities. I even built a sanctuary for you.

Wish you know your works will be compared with Jesus, the spotless Lamb. He is the Standard. The criterion upon which every man's life will be scrutinized.
Anything below that standard will be cast out into the lake of fire.

The scripture said in John 3:18 That He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

If after the whole thing you are not in the same page with Jesus,you will be men most miserable.You will be thrown to a place of gnashing of teeth and everlasting fire.Don not say you were never warned.

However,it is not late. Now is still like morning. All you need to do is to come. Acknowledged that He died on the cross because of your sins and rose the third to give you victory over sin.

Surrender all to Him, and allow Him cleanse and make you fit to live in Heaven.

Happy Sunday �
Re: Why You May Go To Hell After Many Years Of Being In Church. by Bankowner: 4:46am On Jul 03, 2022
Church does not take anyone to Heaven, it's obedience to God's laws after you genuinely give your life to Christ that does.

2 Likes

Re: Why You May Go To Hell After Many Years Of Being In Church. by Nobody: 5:06am On Jul 03, 2022
Bankowner:
Church does not take anyone to Heaven, it's obedience to God's laws after you genuinely give your life to Christ that does.

What Christ are you giving your life too?

When in the Bible did he request for your life?

And come to think of it, you detest the Sango and Amadioha in your backyard, but praise the one imported to you all the way from Middle-East.

I told someone African will forever be slaves! They are chained by religion!
Re: Why You May Go To Hell After Many Years Of Being In Church. by Blaqroman0000: 5:44am On Jul 03, 2022
Stop being confused
Re: Why You May Go To Hell After Many Years Of Being In Church. by Kobojunkie: 5:48am On Jul 03, 2022
Utumax:
Just as we all know, the physical evidence to show that one is a believer,is that he/she belongs to a Bible believing church.And I believe it won't be an exaggeration to say that plenty of all Christians in the church at a point confessed Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.

Now, how truthful am I when I say that one who has confessed Jesus, possibly been attending church for many years as an affirmation that he truly and continually mean it,will be rejected by the one he has been following?

Will Jesus be so heartless to forget all the good deeds, acts of faith, melodious songs, wonderful testimonies and all you rendered in His presence?
Your churches are the corridors that lead to the Broad gate which Jesus Christ warned will lead the multitudes to destruction(Hell). undecided

Jesus Christ warned His followers against following of the doctrines and traditions of men, which includes those of your churches, which He said were lies meant to deceive many away from following after the Truth of God. By humbling yourselves to the doctrines and traditions of your pastors and mogs, you nullify the power of God in your lives and situations, rendering void your worship of God, opening yourselves up to becoming fodder for the enemy instead. undecided
Re: Why You May Go To Hell After Many Years Of Being In Church. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:26am On Jul 03, 2022
These Dumbos actually believe in hell.. grin

Re: Why You May Go To Hell After Many Years Of Being In Church. by superCleanworks(m): 6:45am On Jul 03, 2022
if we go by all the many teachings, laws and rules in the bible,

if hell actually exists,

then 98% of the world will surely be there. even you.
Re: Why You May Go To Hell After Many Years Of Being In Church. by Iyasaburi: 6:54am On Jul 03, 2022
You don't understand the gospel bros.

Gospel = Jesus = GRACE
Re: Why You May Go To Hell After Many Years Of Being In Church. by justicechichex: 6:56am On Jul 03, 2022
Op just so u knw there's stark diff between HELL and HELLFIRE. Hell this, hell that. Did u know that Jesus went to hell and was there for 3 days b4 he was resurrected by his FATHER (Acts 2:31-32).. And just to be clear 'hell' is same as grave, 6ft. The other one is not a bibliical teaching....
Re: Why You May Go To Hell After Many Years Of Being In Church. by Utumax(m): 7:01am On Jul 03, 2022
Bankowner:
you are very right.
Re: Why You May Go To Hell After Many Years Of Being In Church. by Dtruthspeaker: 8:27am On Jul 03, 2022
Utumax:

So because a kidnappers and bandits and those Muslims who murder people because of their Mohammed said so did some good deeds, they should not be condemned?

See how you are deceiving yourself instead of you to change!

Na wah for una o.
Re: Why You May Go To Hell After Many Years Of Being In Church. by Bankowner: 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
Oga!

Did anyone make away with your breakfast this morning?

Where in everything the OP and I posted did we talk about your gods? Is this what your gods teach you? To up and foment trouble?

OgunLaakaye:

What Christ are you giving your life too?

When in the Bible did he request for your life?

And come to think of it, you detest the Sango and Amadioha in your backyard, but praise the one imported to you all the way from Middle-East.

I told someone African will forever be slaves! They are chained by religion!
Re: Why You May Go To Hell After Many Years Of Being In Church. by Kobojunkie: 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2022
superCleanworks:
if we go by all the many teachings, laws and rules in the bible,if hell actually exists, then 98% of the world will surely be there. even you.
Wrong! undecided

According to scripture, all those who will end up in Hell are born-again meaning only those who claim to believe in Jesus Christ , less than 50% of the population, have a chance in hell. undecided
Re: Why You May Go To Hell After Many Years Of Being In Church. by chidifrank(m): 10:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Wrong! undecided

According to scripture, all those who will end up in Hell are born-again meaning only those who claim to believe in Jesus Christ , less than 50% of the population, have a chance in hell. undecided
can you give a bible passage to confirm this? i like to read for myself
Re: Why You May Go To Hell After Many Years Of Being In Church. by Kobojunkie: 10:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
chidifrank:

can you give a bible passage to confirm this? i like to read for myself
According to Jesus Christ, whose is King of a Kingdom of God which is not of this world - John 18 vs 36 - , only those who are born-again can enter into the Kingdom- John 3 vs 5 - 8 - through either of the Broad gate which leads to Destruction (Hell) or the Narrow gate which leads to True life(Heaven) - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 - meaning both those who will end up in Heaven and those who will end up in Hell all believe and are born-again. What this also confirms is that both Heaven and Hell are domains under the jurisdiction of the King and ruler in the Kingdom of God. undecided

This is confirmed in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 where Jesus Christ describes the events to take place when He returns as King over Heaven and Hell to implement the final judgment. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Is God Unfair? / Slave Bible From 1800 Omitted Key Passages That Could Incite Rebellion / Pilgrimage To Jerusalem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.