Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Meet Bola Hammed Tinubu Jagaban (emi Lokan) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Bola Hammed Tinubu Jagaban (emi Lokan) (471 Views)

Mbeki, Kenyatta Meet Bola Tinubu In Abuja (Pictures) / 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu / Nollywood Actors Meet Bola Tinubu (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Bola Hammed Tinubu Jagaban (emi Lokan) by In4mationplug(f): 6:43am On Jul 03, 2022
Bola Ahmed Tinubu
BACKGROUND
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu was born on the 29th of March, 1952 in Lagos, Nigeria to the illustrious Tinubu Family of Lagos State.

POLITICIAN
Bola Ahmed Tinubu aka Jagaban served as Senator for the Lagos West constituency in Lagos State, Nigeria in 1993, prior to a military take-over in December 1993. After the return to democracy, he was elected into office as the governor of Lagos State from 29 May 1999 to 29 May 2007. He is the National Leader of the All Progressive Congress (APC) party with president Gen Muhammadu Buhari (rtd).

EDUCATION
Bola Tinubu had his primary education at St. John’s Primary School, Aroloya, Lagos and Children’s Home School in Ibadan before traveling to the United States in the year 1975, where he had his secondary education at Richard J. Daley College Chicago, Illinois. Thereafter, he was admitted into the Chicago State University where he graduated in the year 1979 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting

CAREER
Upon graduation, Bola Tinubu worked with Arthur Andersen, Deloitte, Haskins & Sells, and GTE Services Corporation, both in the United States of Nigeria. In the year 1983, he returned to Nigeria, and secured a job with Mobil Oil Nigeria, where he rose to the position of an executive in the company.

He began his political career in 1992, serving as the Nigerian Senate representing the Lagos West constituency in the short-lived Nigerian Third Republic. After the annulment of the June 12, 1993 election, Bola Tinubu founded National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) with some other Nigerians, a group that advocated for the restoration of democracy and recognition of the 12 June results. In the year 1994, Bola Tinubu went into exile and later came back in the year 1998 when Sani Abacha died.

In the year 1999, Bola Tinubu contested for the position of the governor of Lagos State and was elected in the platform of Alliance For Democracy (AD). In April 2003, he was re-elected for a second term, and served until 2007.

Currently, he is the National Leader of the All Progressive Congress (APC) party with president Gen Muhammadu Buhari (rtd).

ACHIEVEMENTS
He was a founding member of the pro-democracy National Democratic Coalition (NADECO), which mobilized support for the restoration of democracy and recognition of the 12 June results.
He co-founded the All Progressive Congress (APC) party which currently has the sitting president of Nigeria.

RELIGION
He is a Muslim but does not discriminate based on religion

POLITICS
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is described as a political guru. he was actively involved in the creation of the Action Congress (AC) political party as recourse to the decimated Alliance for Democracy (AD). Rallying like minds across the country, he sold sound ideals and programmes on this fresh and new political platform. Within a few months, he transformed this new party as the credible opposition to the PDP in the country.

As an astute political strategist, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu survived the massive incursion of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the South Western States of Nigeria as the lone re-elected Governor of the Alliance for Democracy (AD). This led him on a regular collision course with the PDP-controlled Federal Government, especially on his creation of additional 37 Local Council Development Areas for Lagos States. A Supreme Court judgment in his favour stated that the Mr. Olusegun Obasanjo’s Federal Government should release the seized statutory allocation of the Lagos State Local Government funds.

VIEWS
Quotations: “I thank everyone for taking part in this important symposium. The importance of this event is not that it comes on my birthday. It is due to the topic explored and the richness of the contributions made in this regard. I am simply honored that you would use my birthday as a platform for this vital national discourse.”

” I tender a deep APPRECIATION to Vice President Osinbajo and all others who organized this colloquium. Yours has been a job excellently done. Above all, I thank President Muhammadu Buhari, Commander in Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria for giving of his precious time to be here today.In so doing, you have provided a most wonderful birthday present. Thank you.”

“You also have given to the people of Nigeria something even more important. Mr. President, in your Easter message, you asked the people to be steadfast and of strong hope because you would not let them down. That you would fulfill your promise to bring positive change to our beloved land.”

“Today, on my birthday, I ask that you allow me to support what you said to the people. I believe in our President and his administration. He is a leader dedicated to the betterment of Nigeria. He needs our support to make this a reality.”

“During the 7th Colloquium which held last year (2015) in Lagos, I recall I made a request. I said the best birthday gift I wanted was for people go out and vote massively to secure election victory. To the glory of God, our party, the APC won a remarkable victory.”

PERSONALITY
He is known as a dogged politician who has been behind the success of the All Progressives Congress in the last general election in Nigeria

Physical Characteristics: He is black, has brown eyes, and about 1.6m tall

CONNECTIONS
He is married, and has children

#in4mationplug

1 Share

Re: Meet Bola Hammed Tinubu Jagaban (emi Lokan) by Great0ne1: 6:59am On Jul 03, 2022
In4mationplug:
Bola Ahmed Tinubu
BACKGROUND
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu was born on the 29th of March, 1952 in Lagos, Nigeria to the illustrious Tinubu Family of Lagos State.

POLITICIAN
Bola Ahmed Tinubu aka Jagaban served as Senator for the Lagos West constituency in Lagos State, Nigeria in 1993, prior to a military take-over in December 1993. After the return to democracy, he was elected into office as the governor of Lagos State from 29 May 1999 to 29 May 2007. He is the National Leader of the All Progressive Congress (APC) party with president Gen Muhammadu Buhari (rtd).

EDUCATION
Bola Tinubu had his primary education at St. John’s Primary School, Aroloya, Lagos and Children’s Home School in Ibadan before traveling to the United States in the year 1975, where he had his secondary education at Richard J. Daley College Chicago, Illinois. Thereafter, he was admitted into the Chicago State University where he graduated in the year 1979 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting

CAREER
Upon graduation, Bola Tinubu worked with Arthur Andersen, Deloitte, Haskins & Sells, and GTE Services Corporation, both in the United States of Nigeria. In the year 1983, he returned to Nigeria, and secured a job with Mobil Oil Nigeria, where he rose to the position of an executive in the company.

He began his political career in 1992, serving as the Nigerian Senate representing the Lagos West constituency in the short-lived Nigerian Third Republic. After the annulment of the June 12, 1993 election, Bola Tinubu founded National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) with some other Nigerians, a group that advocated for the restoration of democracy and recognition of the 12 June results. In the year 1994, Bola Tinubu went into exile and later came back in the year 1998 when Sani Abacha died.

In the year 1999, Bola Tinubu contested for the position of the governor of Lagos State and was elected in the platform of Alliance For Democracy (AD). In April 2003, he was re-elected for a second term, and served until 2007.

Currently, he is the National Leader of the All Progressive Congress (APC) party with president Gen Muhammadu Buhari (rtd).

ACHIEVEMENTS
He was a founding member of the pro-democracy National Democratic Coalition (NADECO), which mobilized support for the restoration of democracy and recognition of the 12 June results.
He co-founded the All Progressive Congress (APC) party which currently has the sitting president of Nigeria.

RELIGION
He is a Muslim but does not discriminate based on religion

POLITICS
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is described as a political guru. he was actively involved in the creation of the Action Congress (AC) political party as recourse to the decimated Alliance for Democracy (AD). Rallying like minds across the country, he sold sound ideals and programmes on this fresh and new political platform. Within a few months, he transformed this new party as the credible opposition to the PDP in the country.

As an astute political strategist, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu survived the massive incursion of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the South Western States of Nigeria as the lone re-elected Governor of the Alliance for Democracy (AD). This led him on a regular collision course with the PDP-controlled Federal Government, especially on his creation of additional 37 Local Council Development Areas for Lagos States. A Supreme Court judgment in his favour stated that the Mr. Olusegun Obasanjo’s Federal Government should release the seized statutory allocation of the Lagos State Local Government funds.

VIEWS
Quotations: “I thank everyone for taking part in this important symposium. The importance of this event is not that it comes on my birthday. It is due to the topic explored and the richness of the contributions made in this regard. I am simply honored that you would use my birthday as a platform for this vital national discourse.”

” I tender a deep APPRECIATION to Vice President Osinbajo and all others who organized this colloquium. Yours has been a job excellently done. Above all, I thank President Muhammadu Buhari, Commander in Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria for giving of his precious time to be here today.In so doing, you have provided a most wonderful birthday present. Thank you.”

“You also have given to the people of Nigeria something even more important. Mr. President, in your Easter message, you asked the people to be steadfast and of strong hope because you would not let them down. That you would fulfill your promise to bring positive change to our beloved land.”

“Today, on my birthday, I ask that you allow me to support what you said to the people. I believe in our President and his administration. He is a leader dedicated to the betterment of Nigeria. He needs our support to make this a reality.”

“During the 7th Colloquium which held last year (2015) in Lagos, I recall I made a request. I said the best birthday gift I wanted was for people go out and vote massively to secure election victory. To the glory of God, our party, the APC won a remarkable victory.”

PERSONALITY
He is known as a dogged politician who has been behind the success of the All Progressives Congress in the last general election in Nigeria

Physical Characteristics: He is black, has brown eyes, and about 1.6m tall

CONNECTIONS
He is married, and has children

#in4mationplug
He also has brown teeth

1 Like

Re: Meet Bola Hammed Tinubu Jagaban (emi Lokan) by Tolumiide: 7:04am On Jul 03, 2022
Secondary and university education between 1975 to 1979.

1 Like

Re: Meet Bola Hammed Tinubu Jagaban (emi Lokan) by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 03, 2022
Nice reputation
But that won't make him Nigerians president

Turn to the nxt page please

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

When Tinubu Is Coming Back From Hospital / Why I Admire Governor Shettima – Catholic Archbishop Kaigama / The Hypocrisy Over The Outcry Of Muslim-muslim Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.