Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu (53885 Views)

This Is The Man I Will Happily Say "Emi Lokan" For / "Get Out Of My House" — Obasanjo Drags Presidential Candidate Out Of His House / Olujonwo Obasanjo Drags Wife Temitope Adebutu To Court, One Year After Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by iSense247: 5:09pm On Jan 01, 2023
Former Nigerian President, Olusegun Obasanjo, has condemned the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, for saying ’emi lokan’.

Tinubu, in the buildup to the APC presidential primary election, had claimed that he was the next person to become the President of Nigeria, saying, “It is my turn.”

In a letter on Sunday, Obasanjo said: “Let me say straight away that ‘Emi Lokan’ (My turn) and ‘I have paid my dues’ are one and the same thing and are wrong attitude and mentality for the leadership of Nigeria now.

Those claims, according to Obasanjo, “cannot form the new pedestal to reinvent and to invest in a new Nigeria based on an All-Nigeria Government for the liberation and restoration of Nigeria.”

Obasanjo said no individual can claim he has the absolute solutions to Nigeria’s problems, stating that “the solution should be in ‘we’ and ‘us’ and not in ‘me’ and ‘I’.”
https://dailypost.ng/2023/01/01/2023-its-wrong-to-say-emi-lokan-obasanjo-drags-tinubu/?amp=1

302 Likes 46 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by DonBenny77(m): 5:11pm On Jan 01, 2023
grin

207 Likes 21 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by Thesaint141(m): 5:13pm On Jan 01, 2023
Tell Dem.

680 Likes 54 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by AntiTerrorist: 5:13pm On Jan 01, 2023
Baba wey no well, he dey shout emilokan. Instead of him to go and take care of his collapsed health. Can Tinubu successfully manage a pure water factory?

It is wrong to say it is your turn when it is not a family affair. When did Nigeria's presidency become a village chieftaincy title?

876 Likes 79 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by OnyeAshuaUru: 5:14pm On Jan 01, 2023
Tinubu is a disaster on all fronts. A corrupt, unsightly, covetous fiend like him is not even fit to contest the chairmanship of Iragbiji Town Union talk more of the presidency of a big country as Nigeria.
Peter Obi is the next President of Nigeria

700 Likes 64 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by Moh247: 5:14pm On Jan 01, 2023
cool

E don dey clear for Baba Obasanjo eye

Baba don start to dey write letter attack people

2023 Emi lokan, great wealth and health emi lokan

Affirmative words of positivity

212 Likes 20 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 01, 2023
What tinubu meant was that,he helped buhari to rig the election.He is also expecting Buhari to do the same for him. MODIFY:For tinubu boys quoting me,according to inec data,majority of the votes that buhari won came from incidence forms.We all know that incidence form is another rigging method.Tinubu is against the newly introduced inec bimodal voting machine.He also want the incidence forms to be use to facilitate his victory.

440 Likes 33 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by AntiTerrorist: 5:19pm On Jan 01, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Does the word emilokan makes sense to you? How is it Tinubu's turn out of 250m nigerians? Can you employ someone like Thiefnubuu to manage your business?

445 Likes 44 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by Moh247: 5:20pm On Jan 01, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
Does the word emilokan makes sense to you? How is it Tinubu's turn out of 250m nigerians? Can you employ someone like Thiefnubuu to manage your business?

All this questions and many more would be answered by February 25

197 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by Mindcure: 5:22pm On Jan 01, 2023
Moh247:

Dedicated urchin

324 Likes 28 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by Mindcure: 5:24pm On Jan 01, 2023
Emi lokan that couldn't even make a down payment for a roasted corn. >: grin grin grin

298 Likes 25 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by okosodo: 5:24pm On Jan 01, 2023
If we have to be true to our conscience as of today, Obi is the most qualified to be the next president. Tinubu, to me is too arrogant and boastful. I have never seen his level of pride amongst any living politician.

320 Likes 32 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by AntiTerrorist: 5:28pm On Jan 01, 2023
Moh247:

Why not answer them now? What is the name Tinubu's primary and secondary schools? Who were his classmates?

234 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by ElSudani: 5:29pm On Jan 01, 2023
Tinubu was speaking to his party members. He was seeking the nomination of his party, he wasn't contesting for the presidency then.
It is easy to spin and twist anything for political expediency but I believe Nigerians are discerning enough to sift through all the lies and misrepresentations.

61 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by Salvador1: 5:29pm On Jan 01, 2023
Fire on obj.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by Moh247: 5:30pm On Jan 01, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
Why not answer them now? What is the name Tinubu's primary and secondary schools? Who were his classmates?

Make sure you check INEC portal for live transmission of results

All your answer you would have them

154 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by StrongandMighty: 5:32pm On Jan 01, 2023
This is a situation of yoruba Christains against yoruba muslims, this shows that yoruba Christains have outrightly rejected tinubu!

I'm still wondering how agbado will win southwest, it's getting practically impossible as the election draws near!

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by ganisucks(f): 5:32pm On Jan 01, 2023
OBJ is so wickid. He only spared one sentence in addressing Baba Lagos. He doesn't consider Tinubu an important threat.

88 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by DeOTR: 5:34pm On Jan 01, 2023
He said that in the context of an APC member.
He didn't mean he's the next Nigerian President, but APC Presidential candidate for the next election.
Baba should stop been ridiculous. We also understand Yoruba language.

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by ganisucks(f): 5:34pm On Jan 01, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Wow, you still don't see it. You can't see what OBJ is doing. You clearly didn't read the letter. The letter is a confirmation of Obi's presidency. OBJ is telling you why the cabal chose Obi. But you think OBJ is angry.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by Moh247: 5:37pm On Jan 01, 2023
ganisucks:

Wow, you still don't see it.
You can't see what OBJ is doing.
You clearly didn't read the letter.
The letter is a confirmation of Obi's presidency.
OBJ is telling you why the cabal chose Obi.
But you think OBJ is angry.

Obj endorsed Atiku in 2019 how did it end?!

This isn't 2007 where he rigged Yaradua, or 2011 where he forced Jonathan

147 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by ganisucks(f): 5:40pm On Jan 01, 2023
Moh247:

How many times will I explain this to you. OBJ fooled Atiku into putting Obi as his vice. That was the plan for 2023. OBJ never really endorsed Atiku. How would OBJ in all honesty endorse someone like Atiku.

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by Omoyoruba101: 5:41pm On Jan 01, 2023
Very very wrong but oga you wanted 3rd term.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by Moh247: 5:45pm On Jan 01, 2023
ganisucks:

How many times will I explain this to you. OBJ fooled Atiku into putting Obi as his vice. That was the plan for 2023. OBJ never really endorsed Atiku. How would OBJ in all honesty endorse someone like Atiku.

You really hype Obj and this is very funny

I can put a bet down not only would Tinubu win Ota Baba's residence, Tinubu would win Ibogun Obasanjo's village and win Ogun with a wide margin

Obasanjo is an expired milk in modern Politics,

162 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by JoeNL22(m): 5:47pm On Jan 01, 2023
iSense247:
Former Nigerian President, Olusegun Obasanjo, has condemned the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, for saying ’emi lokan’.

Tinubu, in the buildup to the APC presidential primary election, had claimed that he was the next person to become the President of Nigeria, saying, “It is my turn.”

In a letter on Sunday, Obasanjo said: “Let me say straight away that ‘Emi Lokan’ (My turn) and ‘I have paid my dues’ are one and the same thing and are wrong attitude and mentality for the leadership of Nigeria now.

Those claims, according to Obasanjo, “cannot form the new pedestal to reinvent and to invest in a new Nigeria based on an All-Nigeria Government for the liberation and restoration of Nigeria.”

Obasanjo said no individual can claim he has the absolute solutions to Nigeria’s problems, stating that “the solution should be in ‘we’ and ‘us’ and not in ‘me’ and ‘I’.”

https://dailypost.ng/2023/01/01/2023-its-wrong-to-say-emi-lokan-obasanjo-drags-tinubu/?amp=1
Very true.
It's our turn.
Obi is cumin!

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by Racoon(m): 5:49pm On Jan 01, 2023
The positive interpretation is that President Buhari would ensure next year’s presidential election is free and fair, a point he has, indeed, made. But the negative interpretation is that he doesn’t care about the integrity, character and honesty of who succeeds him.

That negative interpretation is my concern here, and it’s premised on Buhari’s support for the election of Bola Tinubu as Nigeria’s next president. It concerns me because I’m fully convinced that a Tinubu presidency would not only destabilise Nigeria internally, it would damage Nigeria globally, making it a big laughing stock, a butt of dark international jokes!

Truth is, next year’s presidential election will have huge long-term implications, its outcome will affect Nigeria for decades. Therefore, no patriotic Nigerian should sit on the fence; that patriotism is what underpins this intervention. To be sure, the presidential election should be as much about character as manifesto.

The presidency is too serious an office to be invested in someone with serious integrity deficit. Those ignoring character and integrity should remember the Turkish proverb: “When a clown moves into a palace, he doesn’t become a king. The palace becomes a circus.”

But here are questions for President Buhari: Is he aware of the damaging allegations swirling around Tinubu? Given what he knows, does he think Tinubu is a fit and proper person to be Nigeria’s president? Is he happy that Tinubu’s life, pedigree and backstory are veiled in secrecy or, as someone puts it, a “miasma of dubiety”?

In the US, every major presidential candidate is an open book. But not Tinubu. He arrogantly refuses to answer uncomfortable questions about his past. Instead, he uses surrogates: Festus Keyamo, Femi Fani-Kayode, Bayo Onanuga.

Who see him as their route to advancement and are blatantly lying to Nigerians, treating them as morons. Recently, they came full throttle with deliberate untruths about the drug allegations against Tinubu.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/tinubu-as-president-buhari-must-really-hate-nigeria/amp/

4 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by okosodo: 5:53pm On Jan 01, 2023
StrongandMighty:
This is a situation of yoruba Christains against yoruba muslims, this shows that yoruba Christains have outrightly rejected tinubu!

I'm still wondering how agbado will win southwest, it's getting practically impossible as the election draws near!
Christians are generally docile, that is why muslims are gradually taking christian communites from the north to the south. I am certain that islam will destroy christianity in Nigeria bacuse all the christian leaders are falling over themselves to betray their followers, exactly what islam preaches against. The kind of christianity practiced in nigeria can not stand the full force of islamic invasion

18 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by JoeNL22(m): 5:55pm On Jan 01, 2023
Moh247:

You really hype Obj and this is very funny

I can put a bet down not only would Tinubu win Ota Baba's residence, Tinubu would win Ibogun Obasanjo's village and win Ogun with a wide margin

Obasanjo is an expired milk in modern Politics,
Funny you.
Because he didn't endorse your expired polithifian in the name of Emilokan. He has turned to a lightweight politician. Right?
One thing you should understand, whether obj endorses obi or not, obi through sane Nigerians are wining this elections.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by beejaay: 5:57pm On Jan 01, 2023
Moh247:

and yet tinubu and his entourage went to him in otta and even claiming obj endorsed him with the shout of him taken tinubu into inner house for omoluabi meeting..now he don turn sour and you don dey change mouth...we omoluabis are not known for double mouth...una go get sense laslas

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:01pm On Jan 01, 2023
Obasanjo should rest, he wanted to be president for life, he’s got his flaws too.

First president to flood the National Assembly with GMG bags of cash

17 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Arms Deal: Why We’ve Not Invited Jonathan – EFCC Boss / We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. / Bashir El-Rufai Condemns The Decay Of Infrastructure In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.