Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Outgoing President As Serial Betrayer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Outgoing President As Serial Betrayer (302 Views)

Buhari & Tinubu: Outgoing President Leading The Way For The Incoming President / Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole / Wike Replies Obaseki, Says Edo Governor Is A Serial Betrayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Outgoing President As Serial Betrayer by ogododo: 8:14am On Jul 03, 2022
“If I served God as diligently as I have served the King [Henry VIII], he would not have given me over [betrayed me] in my grey hairs! This is my just reward” – Cardinal Woolsey, 1475-1530.

Like Cardinal Woolsey, who served King Henry V111 as his long term closest subordinate, faithfully, made several enemies along the way, and was ridiculed privately and publicly, several known top members of the All Progressives Congress, APC, are now wishing they were closer to God than the outgoing President of Nigeria

When shortly after he was pronounced winner of the 2015 presidential election he announced that “I am for everybody”, they should have been on their guards. They should have known that the majority of members were being lured to sleep; while the incoming President drew up his list of the inner caucus.

Those would be the beneficiaries of his government. The rest of us will be classified into second and third class. Most Nigerians would get nothing. My attitude was different. “Blessed are those who expect nothing; for they can never be disappointed.” I expected nothing but grief from Buhari’s government. The beneficiaries would be almost all northerners, from Katsina, particularly Daura, in-laws, former lawyers and friends. Merit had nothing to do with it.

Unknown to most Nigerians, the ingratitude and betrayal of major benefactors started from there. The three major financial contributors to Buhari’s success in 2015 (not in order of contributions made) were Rotimi Amaechi, Atiku and Tinubu. Asiwaju was also a co-founder of the APC and he was anointed National Leader. Jagaban and Atiku discovered how little Buhari appreciated their support very quickly. None was consulted when all the major appointments were made. They became aware of the appointments like other Nigerians – they heard about it on television or read about them in newspapers.

Morning frequently shows the day. The two leaders should have known that they were not dealing with a beneficiary reputed for demonstrating gratitude. Atiku was the first to learn. Tinubu, meanwhile, was stuck. There was a secret turn-by-turn agreement between him and Buhari – unknown to others in the party. Buhari would go first; Tinubu would follow into Aso Rock. Well, Buhari went first; he is now starting his eighth year in office. Instead of automatically using his veto power to nominate Tinubu, he made the poor fellow work for his ticket and to spend huge sums of money – which would have become unnecessary if Buhari had fulfilled his own side of the 2014-5 bargain. Tinubu has learnt so late what Buhari’s military colleagues knew when they kicked him out in 1985.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/outgoing-president-as-serial-betrayer/
Re: Outgoing President As Serial Betrayer by ogododo: 8:44am On Jul 03, 2022
Bubu just came to scam us.
Re: Outgoing President As Serial Betrayer by sweetonugbu: 9:27am On Jul 03, 2022
You guys are calling bubu outgoing president suprise awaits the nay sayers.
Re: Outgoing President As Serial Betrayer by Ibironke4s: 9:30am On Jul 03, 2022
Hnnnnm
Re: Outgoing President As Serial Betrayer by ogododo: 1:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
sweetonugbu:

U want extend am?
Re: Outgoing President As Serial Betrayer by ogododo: 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2022
Sobo na erudite scholar.
Re: Outgoing President As Serial Betrayer by Freethinker87: 8:44pm On Jul 04, 2022
The same people who sold Buhari to us in 2015.

The same people who told us that 4 years is not enough to fix the damages done by PDP's 16 years rule.

It's been 8 years and the same people are advising us to vote for Atiku and Tinubu.

Oga suffer no dey tire you?
Re: Outgoing President As Serial Betrayer by Ddeliverer007(m): 8:47pm On Jul 04, 2022
sweetonugbu:

Y’all don’t want him to leave? After destroying this country? Obi Peter is coming to save us.

There is HOPE

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

We Celebrate The Dead While The Living Wallow In Poverty / FACT : Why People Have Chosen Tinubu, Atiku Or Obi As Their Choice...... / Muslim-muslim Ticket: APC Chieftain D. H Bwala Resigns Over Tinubu's Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.