Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

IR-2 Us Immigrant Visa: My Experience So Far - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / IR-2 Us Immigrant Visa: My Experience So Far (1570 Views)

2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) / Nigerian In Russia-my Experience So Far / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IR-2 Us Immigrant Visa: My Experience So Far by Jordynnn: 9:45am On Jul 03, 2022
Hello everybody this is my first post and I want to share my immigrant visa incase it might help people
NB: At the time I'm writing this I've not done my interview

Okay in 2020 my step mum who is my petitioner filed for a family based immigrant visa and after submitting the required documents I was notified that my case was in lagos and I should await my interview
I waited from November 2020 with each call we made or email we sent they told us the same thing( our case is in lagos and we should wait) it was very frustrating but in May 2022 we finally got an email saying I should come for my interview
I'm collating all the documents including all the documents we submitted although I printed the interview letter and every other thing to print in black and white I don't know if that would count against me
I'm also going for a medical appointment in Q-life family clinic
That's the stage I'm at...I keep praying that everything goes well by the grace of God it will

I will keep writing about my experience as I go on

2 Likes

Re: IR-2 Us Immigrant Visa: My Experience So Far by Lasisieniola77(m): 6:15am On Jul 06, 2022
When did you get DQ. We started petitioning since 2019
Jordynnn:
Hello everybody this is my first post and I want to share my immigrant visa incase it might help people
NB: At the time I'm writing this I've not done my interview

Okay in 2020 my step mum who is my petitioner filed for a family based immigrant visa and after submitting the required documents I was notified that my case was in lagos and I should await my interview
I waited from November 2020 with each call we made or email we sent they told us the same thing( our case is in lagos and we should wait) it was very frustrating but in May 2022 we finally got an email saying I should come for my interview
I'm collating all the documents including all the documents we submitted although I printed the interview letter and every other thing to print in black and white I don't know if that would count against me
I'm also going for a medical appointment in Q-life family clinic
That's the stage I'm at...I keep praying that everything goes well by the grace of God it will

I will keep writing about my experience as I go on
Re: IR-2 Us Immigrant Visa: My Experience So Far by Jordynnn: 12:57pm On Jul 06, 2022
Lasisieniola77:
When did you get DQ. We started petitioning since 2019
Well my case got approved 2020 and I have been waiting for an interview date since then
Re: IR-2 Us Immigrant Visa: My Experience So Far by Jordynnn: 5:03pm On Jul 09, 2022
Hello
So update: Medicals...yup medical report
So one of the requirements for the interview is medical report and So I booked in Qlife family clinic and my experience was very good
Before booking,I read a lot of reviews from IOM ikeja and Qlife...majority of the reviews from IOM were terrible and so I decided on Qlife even though its so far from where I stay
The booking/basic fee was 57500 naira and I booked online because they said they don't book in person...it was a bit expensive but after asking they said if my immunisations were in order I won't have to pay any additional fees...so I started looking for all my immunisation records it was stressful but I found them

On the date of my appointment I got there earlier and the security personnel ticked my name and I was asked to wait when it was My time my name was called and I went upstairs to the US medical screening and was asked for my medical and immunisation record...after presentation I was asked to pay an additional 64000 naira for immunisations...I was shocked but ended up paying
My blood sample was collected , I was given 5 injections for the immunisations, my urine sample was collected and my chest xray too
After that I was given a date for collection and that was it
It took an hour max and I was happy with my experience
So on to the next stage I guess �

1 Like

Re: IR-2 Us Immigrant Visa: My Experience So Far by Hogwarthtrades: 2:55am On Jul 11, 2022
5 shots in one day? do you care to share what immunization was administered. trying to avoid getting them all in one fell swoop. Thanks for sharing.
Re: IR-2 Us Immigrant Visa: My Experience So Far by Jordynnn: 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2022
Hogwarthtrades:
5 shots in one day? do you care to share what immunization was administered. trying to avoid getting them all in one fell swoop. Thanks for sharing.
Yes I took 5 in one day...before taking them I was assured that I could take them all at once and the nurse told me the names...I took
Ipv: inactive polio vaccine
Var: for chicken pox
Tdap: for tetanus
Mmr : for measles
Hepatitis b vaccine

Hope this helps
I also showed them my child immunisation card but I was still given 5 of them...they were painful though cheesy

3 Likes

Re: IR-2 Us Immigrant Visa: My Experience So Far by Hogwarthtrades: 3:48pm On Jul 11, 2022
Thanks for the update..... that's weird to get the same shot if one got vaccinated as a kid.
Re: IR-2 Us Immigrant Visa: My Experience So Far by Jordynnn: 5:35pm On Jul 11, 2022
Hogwarthtrades:
Thanks for the update..... that's weird to get the same shot if one got vaccinated as a kid.
Well some of them have to be taken every 10 years but in some cases the consulate would like to be sure you have actually taken them and not faked the card

1 Like

Re: IR-2 Us Immigrant Visa: My Experience So Far by Kraytur: 9:43am On Sep 19, 2022
What’s the update ?have you gone yet
Re: IR-2 Us Immigrant Visa: My Experience So Far by internationalman(m): 11:32am On Sep 19, 2022
When is the interview.

Are you below 23

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

One Of Those Reasons Young Nigerians Should Go Abroad / / Has Anyone Travelled To Peru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.