Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,858 members, 7,956,236 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:17 AM

My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo (1807 Views)

Man Tricks Wife And Kids Into Visiting Nigeria, Dumps Them And Returns To Spain / My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Mstravelindiva: 8:51pm On Apr 14, 2022
Okay, here’s Part 2 of my trip to Spain. Madrid and Toledo!

We stayed at the Hyatt Centric Gran Via which I LOVED!!!! Amazing staff and our room
had a huge terrace and excellent view of the Gran Via. Rated 5* by European standards, very central and walkable to main attractions and they have one of the best rooftop bars in the city (similar to my hotel in Malaga).

“1920 Bad Company” was one of the highlights of my trip, it’s a speakeasy, excellent vibes and amazing energy and you’ll just need to make reservations via Instagram. The line to get in was a block long, definitely check out my pics.

Definitely recommend doing a Tapas crawl down Cava Baja street, restaurant/bars usually open at noon and stay open until 4, then closed and open again for dinner at 8p.

Madrid and is very walkable so no need to rent a car. They have a very good transportation system, and Uber and taxis are everywhere and cheap.

Toledo was a very easy day trip by train or bus from Madrid, and we did the Hop on Hop Off bus tour which picks your up at the train station. Toledo is breathtaking and I’m glad I took you guys advice to visit. Quick note, there’s no Uber in Toledo, but they do have taxis and buses which appear to run frequently during the day.

The Mercado San Miguel I’ll be honest, I was not impressed. Fairly small, but everything I sampled was delicious especially the oysters and Cava tasting.

We did a Flamenco show which was another highlight of my trip, I thoroughly enjoyed it and it’s definitely worth the experience!

Here are the names/details of the places we toured, ate at and enjoyed nightlife/cocktails!

*Madrid - My See/Do List:
Plaza Mayor
Prado National Museum (free daily from 6-8p)
Mercado San Miguel
Royal Palace of Madrid
Retiro Park
Flamenco Show at Corral De La Moreria

*Bars/Speakeasy:
1862 Dry Bar
1920 Bad Company (A MUST)
La Santoria
Bar Cock
Casa Toni (Bar & Tapas)
Malaspina
Vinoteca Vides

*Cava Baja Street - Tapas Crawl
Taberna La Concha
Diaz Y Larroy- tapas and wines
La Pasada La villa
La Pasada De Dragon
Casa Lucas
Taberna Tampretino (food duck thighs and ambiance)
Los Heuvo de Lucio

*Madrid Restuarants:
El Club Allard
Cantina La Traviessa
Taverna txaoli
Panem Bakery (breakfast)
Honest Beans and Honest Greens (good coffee)
El Tigre Sidra Bar
Botin (Madrid’s oldest restaurant)

Again, they eat late in Spain, so if early dining is your preference you might be disappointed (or just plan accordingly).

Weather was absolutely gorgeous in Madrid as well, high 60’s, clear skies and sunny!

Until next time…Keep calm and travel!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Mstravelindiva: 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2022

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Mstravelindiva: 8:56pm On Apr 14, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Shalommy(f): 8:58pm On Apr 14, 2022
Makes no sense! cry
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Mstravelindiva: 8:58pm On Apr 14, 2022

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Mstravelindiva: 9:00pm On Apr 14, 2022

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Ebubu: 9:01pm On Apr 14, 2022
Y oyibo pple no dey get sand for road and gutter sad
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Mstravelindiva: 9:01pm On Apr 14, 2022

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Mstravelindiva: 9:03pm On Apr 14, 2022
Day trip to Toledo

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Mstravelindiva: 9:04pm On Apr 14, 2022
Lunch in Toledo

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Mstravelindiva: 9:06pm On Apr 14, 2022
More of Toledo

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Mstravelindiva: 9:10pm On Apr 14, 2022
Puerto Rican cuisine in Madrid

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Mstravelindiva: 9:13pm On Apr 14, 2022
Long yet comfy flight back home! Was even able to pic these two beauties up at the Duty Free Shop at Madrid airport.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Mstravelindiva: 9:20pm On Apr 14, 2022

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 14, 2022
angry
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Stargangz: 9:29pm On Apr 14, 2022
Wow! See better country. How can I disappear enter this place?
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Stargangz: 9:34pm On Apr 14, 2022
Shalommy:
Makes no sense! cry
bad belle spotted
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by mexxy1(m): 10:35pm On Apr 14, 2022
I always enjoy your threads, especially the pictures.

Keep it up!

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by VandalSavage(m): 11:25pm On Apr 14, 2022
What about their racism oga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Mstravelindiva: 2:26am On Apr 15, 2022
mexxy1:
I always enjoy your threads, especially the pictures.

Keep it up!

Thank you friend!

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Mstravelindiva: 2:27am On Apr 15, 2022
VandalSavage:
What about their racism oga

I personally didn’t experience any. The locals were quite friendly and helpful.
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Gerrard59(m): 7:33am On Apr 15, 2022
Another banger! grin As always, the pictures are beautiful, and I am pretty sure, the experience was priceless!

I am curious, what is your budget like (I understand it is for two persons)? Give a range if you don't want to be specific.

5 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by mexxy1(m): 1:37pm On Apr 15, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

Thank you friend!

You're welcome.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Mstravelindiva: 10:17pm On Apr 15, 2022
Gerrard59:
Another banger! grin As always, the pictures are beautiful, and I am pretty sure, the experience was priceless!

I am curious, what is your budget like (I understand it is for two persons)? Give a range if you don't want to be specific.

Flights will vary depending on where you’re flying from. I typically budget $200 euros a night for lodging (4*/5*) and $50-$75 euros per day for meals. I also budget about $5-$10 euros for museums.

I travel off-season to get the best rates for lodging, flights which means the attractions are less crowded. Also, if you’re open to staying in a hostel, I’ve seen them as cheap as $7 euros a night. Nothing fancy, but comfortable, clean, safe, and centrally located. I hope this helps. Safe travels my friend!

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Gerrard59(m): 11:17pm On Apr 15, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

Flights will vary depending on where you’re flying from. I typically budget $200 euros a night for lodging (4*/5*) and $50-$75 euros per day for meals. I also budget about $5-$10 euros for museums.

I travel off-season to get the best rates for lodging, flights which means the attractions are less crowded. Also, if you’re open to staying in a hostel, I’ve seen them as cheap as $7 euros a night. Nothing fancy, but comfortable, clean, safe, and centrally located. I hope this helps. Safe travels my friend!

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Ebubu: 9:24am On Apr 16, 2022
Gerrard59:

Thanks!

So 3k dollars don run this travel so for at least 3 nights, to and fro flights, meals and tours for those 3days angry

Cheap angry
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Mstravelindiva: 2:59am On Apr 19, 2022
Ebubu:

So 3k dollars don run this travel so for at least 3 nights, to and fro flights, meals and tours for those 3days angry

Cheap angry

Meals vary based on your preference, I shared my budget however, you can easily find meals for 1/3 the cost I paid. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by zolajpower: 10:54am On Jun 29, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

Meals vary based on your preference, I shared my budget however, you can easily find meals for 1/3 the cost I paid. Hope this helps!

Hello mstravlindiva, I'm planning a trip in December with my beautiful African American fiancee to south Africa and I'm sure you have traveled there bf . So I want you to assist us with getting a tourist company that can help us with a better deal . I hope to hear from you soon . Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Mstravelindiva: 6:54am On Jun 30, 2022
zolajpower:

Hello mstravlindiva, I'm planning a trip in December with my beautiful African American fiancee to south Africa and I'm sure you have traveled there bf . So I want you to assist us with getting a tourist company that can help us with a better deal . I hope to hear from you soon . Thanks

Hey friend! Unfortunately SA is not a country I have visited yet, but it’s on my list. You may want to try travelzoo.com for travel deals to SA.

I hope this helps!
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by zolajpower: 9:30am On Jun 30, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

Hey friend! Unfortunately SA is not a country I have visited yet, but it’s on my list. You may want to try travelzoo.com for travel deals to SA.

I hope this helps!
Okay thanks , I will look it up .

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by PrincessB1(f): 11:27am On Oct 26, 2022
I sighted one of your thread at frontpage this morning. Every other chapter of the other thread I opened are breathtaking. Keep it coming ma'am.
Pls take me along like your handbag when next you are traveling cheesy smiley

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 2 | Madrid & Toledo by Mstravelindiva: 4:21am On Oct 28, 2022
PrincessB1:
I sighted one of your thread at frontpage this morning. Every other chapter of the other thread I opened are breathtaking. Keep it coming ma'am.
Pls take me along like your handbag when next you are traveling cheesy smiley

Thank you kindly friend! :-D

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Canada Invitation Letter / Why Nigerians Should Stay Away From British Airways / Studying Abroad ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.