Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,865 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? (685 Views)

Obi's Kano Rally: Realistically, I Think Obi Will Be 4th In Kano / Unidentified Man Ordered Out Of His SUV And Shot Dead On The Road In Enugu / Man Who Trekked For Buhari In 2015 Seeks Assistance For Limb Pains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? by KnowAll(m): 11:11am On Jul 03, 2022
Some weeks back I posted Obi is dead on Arrival but recent events & activities on d Net I think Obi is Limb on Arrival.

That means rather than been dead he has a limb, he can crawl due to d demise of Mr Atikulating but BAT is d only who is ready for d real business of governance.

How can a presidential candidate say infrastructure is not good. Na sure say that Obi go Harvard.

Infrastructure is d driver of any economy. Na wah 4 obi.
Re: Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? by postbmd: 11:16am On Jul 03, 2022
Yawn, this one never tire to dey see old people for power.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? by immortalcrown(m): 11:19am On Jul 03, 2022
KnowAll:
Some weeks back I posted Obi is dead on Arrival but recent events & activities on d Net I think Obi is Limb on Arrival.

That means rather than been dead he has a limb, he can crawl due to d demise of Mr Atikulating but BAT is d only who is ready for d real business of governance.

How can a presidential candidate say infrastructure is not good. Na sure say that Obi go Harvard.

You are wrong. Obi did not say infrastructure is not good. He said infrastructure is not what drives economy. And I have a good proof. Ebonyi State had the lowest cost of living among all Igbo states before 2015. For the past 7 years, the state has gotten many infrastructures. But standard of living has drastically fallen in the same state. There is little or no difference between Ebonyi and other Igbo states now in terms of cost of living. Did the infrastructure provide more jobs or improve education in Ebonyi in the past 7 years? Has the infrastructure reduced the number of Ebonyi youths that run to other states for hawking? Lagos State is another example. Lagos has more infrastructures than most of or all other states in Nigeria. But cost of living is higher in Lagos, both in rent and in food prices. They build roads and flyovers in every area. What happens later? Land become expensive, fraudsters and embezzlers of public funds buy the land and build houses to show their wealth. No other benefits. Foreign engineers are used for the construction of the infrastructures. Apart from sand and maybe cement and wood, other materials for the constructions are imported. How many Nigerians secured good jobs because of the infrastructures? Apart from doing menial jobs for the construction companies, what else?

No good roads or flyover in Ibeju Lekki before Dangote situated his refinery there. This proves that good roads and flyovers have not been able to give Nigeria a refinery. No good roads and flyover in the local government area where Dangote has cement factory in Benue. The breweries in Enugu are not surrounded by amazing roads and flyovers. But these establishments give Nigerians good jobs. Ebonyi is building roads and flyovers but its indigens do not have good jobs in the quarry sites. The good roads, flyovers and estates in Lagos do not exempt Lagos from ASUU strike. Even the same Lagos is borrowing money from foreign banks.

Infrastructure is good and aids economy. But it is not among the major things that drive economy. Stop misquoting Obi.

9 Likes

Re: Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? by DispatcherLagos: 11:20am On Jul 03, 2022
Inconsequential opinions everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? by mycar: 11:26am On Jul 03, 2022
The infrastructure been deployed in this country is not the real deal. However, we have to get the fundamentals right before going advance.
Re: Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? by Oilwell(m): 11:26am On Jul 03, 2022
KnowAll:

We understand the agenda against Obi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? by KnowAll(m): 11:27am On Jul 03, 2022
Can u imagine traveling from Lagos to Ibadan then to Kano on d old Lagos Ibadan. Face me I face u road. It would 4days to get to Kano.

Imagine in this day & age a presidential candidate saying infrastructure does not matter.

If IBB did note build 3rd mainland bridge we would still be going to Lagos through Ikorodu Road can imagine d calamity that city would be like today.
Re: Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? by flamingREED(m): 11:37am On Jul 03, 2022
It would soon be wings on arrival
Ave you'll be singing "Obi carry me dey go the promised land".
Re: Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? by PresidObi: 11:41am On Jul 03, 2022
immortalcrown:
You are wrong. Obi did not say infrastructure is not good. He said infrastructure is not what drives economy. And I have a good proof. Ebonyi State had the lowest cost of living among all Igbo states before 2015. For the past 7 years, the state has gotten many infrastructures. But standard of living has drastically fallen in the same state. There is little or no difference between Ebonyi and other Igbo states now in terms of cost of living. Did the infrastructure provide more jobs or improve education in Ebonyi in the past 7 years? Has the infrastructure reduced the number of Ebonyi youths that run to other states for hawking? Lagos State is another example. Lagos has more infrastructures than most of or all other states in Nigeria. But cost of living is higher in Lagos, both in rent and in food prices. They build roads and flyovers in every area. What happens later? Land become expensive, fraudsters and embezzlers of public funds buy the land and build houses to show their wealth. No other benefits. Foreign engineers are used for the construction of the infrastructures. How many Nigerians secured good jobs because of the infrastructures? Apart from doing menial jobs for the construction companies, what else?

No good roads or flyover in Ibeju Lekki before Dangote situated his refinery there. No good roads and flyover in the local government area where Dangote has cement factory in Benue. The breweries in Enugu are not surrounded by amazing roads and flyovers. But these establishments give Nigerians good jobs. Ebonyi is building roads and flyovers but its indigens do not have good jobs in the quarry sites.

Infrastructure is good and aids economy. But it is not among the major things that drive economy. Stop misquoting Obi.

God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? by redsun(m): 11:46am On Jul 03, 2022
KnowAll:
Can u imagine traveling from Lagos to Ibadan then to Kano on d old Lagos Ibadan. Face me I face u road. It would 4days to get to Kano.

Imagine in this day & age a presidential candidate saying infrastructure does not matter.

If IBB did note build 3rd mainland bridge we would still be going to Lagos through Ikorodu Road can imagine d calamity that city would be like today.

Is it not the same so-called lagos,abuja and kaduna rail line that they kidnapped and killed so many recently? The rail lines are havens for terrorists and bandits becuase the preliminary things are not in place for it to operate safely and effectively.

IBB built the third mainland bridge when nigeria was not officially a rogue state. Right now, nigeria is more or less a rogue state and that has to be fixed first.

As helpless babies,you cannot walk or run before you crawl. It is not possible.

1 Like

Re: Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? by naija4life247: 11:49am On Jul 03, 2022
KnowAll:

Na short course he do for Harvard nah. A 3rd Class Philosophy graduate will never ever be qualified to do a Masters degree in Harvard or any rated university nah. That's why he started doing unrated courses everywhere.

Re: Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? by 3ple9iner: 12:04pm On Jul 03, 2022
immortalcrown:
You are wrong. Obi did not say infrastructure is not good. He said infrastructure is not what drives economy. And I have a good proof. Ebonyi State had the lowest cost of living among all Igbo states before 2015. For the past 7 years, the state has gotten many infrastructures. But standard of living has drastically fallen in the same state. There is little or no difference between Ebonyi and other Igbo states now in terms of cost of living. Did the infrastructure provide more jobs or improve education in Ebonyi in the past 7 years? Has the infrastructure reduced the number of Ebonyi youths that run to other states for hawking? Lagos State is another example. Lagos has more infrastructures than most of or all other states in Nigeria. But cost of living is higher in Lagos, both in rent and in food prices. They build roads and flyovers in every area. What happens later? Land become expensive, fraudsters and embezzlers of public funds buy the land and build houses to show their wealth. No other benefits. Foreign engineers are used for the construction of the infrastructures. Apart from sand and maybe cement and wood, other materials for the constructions are imported. How many Nigerians secured good jobs because of the infrastructures? Apart from doing menial jobs for the construction companies, what else?

No good roads or flyover in Ibeju Lekki before Dangote situated his refinery there. This proves that good roads and flyovers have not been able to give Nigeria a refinery. No good roads and flyover in the local government area where Dangote has cement factory in Benue. The breweries in Enugu are not surrounded by amazing roads and flyovers. But these establishments give Nigerians good jobs. Ebonyi is building roads and flyovers but its indigens do not have good jobs in the quarry sites. The good roads, flyovers and estates in Lagos do not exempt Lagos from ASUU strike. Even the same Lagos is borrowing money from foreign banks.

1) Lasu isn't on strike
2) You said Ebonyi had the lowest cost of living in the east before the government started building roads and bridges my question is was Ebonyi a village when it had the lowest cost of living, were there no roads during that time?

3) Infrastructure is not only about building roads and bridges, refinery is an infrastructure, sea port, airport,dry port, economic zones/business zone, power plants etc. How would a country battling with high cost of foreign exchange do without these.

4) Now please explain to me in detailed for how human capital development would help the economy.
Re: Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? by immortalcrown(m): 12:11pm On Jul 03, 2022
3ple9iner:

1) Lasu isn't on strike
2) You said Ebonyi had the lowest cost of living in the east before the government started building roads and bridges my question is was Ebonyi a village when it had the lowest cost of living, were there no roads during that time?

3) Infrastructure is not only about building roads and bridges, refinery is an infrastructure, sea port, airport,dry port, economic zones/business zone, power plants etc. How would a country battling with high cost of foreign exchange do without these.

4) Now please explain to me in detailed for how human capital development would help the economy.
Federal universities have the highest population of undergraduates in Nigeria. UNILAG is on strike.

Refinery is an infrastructure. Sea and dry ports are infrastructures and they at least give jobs. I already stated in my comment. Did you not see it? But I never said they are the major things that drive economy. And I am not wrong. Do the ports correct the abnormality of Nigeria economy? 2007 Toyota Corolla's price is increasing every month. The prices of other cars and keke are not different. The price of every imported item is increasing. It even affects housing. I am sick because I was involved in a road accident. The corset I bought 15k in October last year costs more than 25k now and it is not even available in the market. The drugs I got around 6k in October last year cost above 13k now. A used gaming laptop I bought at the price of 170k in 2020 now costs about 300k. So, how are the sea and dry ports the major drivers of the economy? Until Nigeria's dependency on foreign goods and services reduces, the Nigeria economy cannot grow.

They way to drive the economy is to make policies that will reduce government foreign expenditure to balance international trade and favour the country's currency. Give more allocations to education and ensure proper utilization of the allocations. Cut the salaries of governors and senators. Prevent herdsmen from disrupting farming in other parts of the country so that the North will not be the only major producer of food items. Stop using borrowed fund to share flashy cars to the political leaders, so that you will not continue to borrow. Build a government refinery, not the ones owned by Dangote and BUA. Dangote and BUA will likely not make fuel cheap. Look at how they sell cement, floor, sugar and salt. Use Local engineers for most of the works. You cannot develop when the works are done by Chinese. Medical treatment abroad by politicians should stop so the hospitals here will be equipped and the doctors and nurses will be well-paid. The list is endless.

2 Likes

Re: Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? by redsun(m): 12:15pm On Jul 03, 2022
3ple9iner:

1) Lasu isn't on strike

The human capital development builds the infrastructures itself. It will be more benficial to the economy when the people are mentally developed enough to build things for themselves.Then all that monies wasted on chinese and german expertriates will be saved in the long run.
Re: Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? by KnowAll(m): 12:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
^^^^^^^^^

In d UK, during d pandemic, d govt gave every registered business £50,000.00 this money help businesses move their goods all over d place, if there are are no good infrastructure in d UK that money would go down d drain.
Re: Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? by postbmd: 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2022
First u say dead
Then u say limp
Then u say cause of atiku he dey limp

How do u look @ d country n still open urr mouth and say apc, are u wise?

Atleast comot d country hand from apc n pdp first, thats a start
Re: Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? by 3ple9iner: 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
immortalcrown:

Federal universities have the highest population of undergraduates in Nigeria. UNILAG is on strike.

You said Lagos and Lagos have no control on federal schools

Refinery is an infrastructure. Sea and dry ports are infrastructures and they at least give jobs. I already stated in my comment. Did you not see it? But I never said they are the major things that drive economy. And I am not wrong. Do the ports correct the abnormality of Nigeria economy? 2007 Toyota Corolla's price is increasing every month. The prices of other cars and keke are not different. The price of every imported item is increasing. It even affects housing. I am sick because I was involved in a road accident. The corset I bought 15k in October last year costs more than 25k now and it is not even available in the market. The drugs I got around 6k in October last year cost above 13k now. A used gaming laptop I bought at the price of 170k in 2020 now costs about 300k. So, how are the sea and dry ports the major drivers of the economy?

The prices of what you listed increase because of the price of dollars meaning importers have to pay more for dollars in other to import these things. so how can we solve that?

Nigeria spends about 12% of it's foreign exchange on just importation of petroleum products. In other for Nigerians to by this products cheap, Nigeria spends over #1trn on subsidy every year.

What all these means is that most of Nigeria income is used to buy dollars to import fuel and also used to pay for the price to be reduced in other to cushion the effects on Nigeria. If we had a working refinery, Nigeria doesn't need to spend those money and still the product would be cheap and we would be able to export these products to other countries which would also strengthen our currency.

Until Nigeria's dependency on foreign goods and services reduces, the Nigeria economy cannot grow.

They way to drive the economy is to make policies that will reduce government foreign expenditure to balance international trade and favour the country's currency. Give more allocations to education and ensure proper utilization of the allocations. Cut the salaries of governors and senatorsPrevent herdsmen from disrupting farming in other parts of the country so that the North will not be the only major producer of food items. Stop using borrowed fund to share flashy cars to the political leaders, so that you will not continue to borrow. Build a government refinery, not the ones owned by Dangote and BUA. Dangote and BUA will likely not make fuel cheap. Look at how they sell cement, floor, sugar and salt. Use Local engineers for most of the works. You cannot develop when the works are done by Chinese. Medical treatment abroad by politicians should stop so the hospitals here will be equipped and the doctors and nurses will be well-paid. The list is endless.
How do you intend to do all these with the needed infrastructure, how do you want a farmer to reduce the price of his goods when the road from his farm to the market his bad.
2) How do you intend to tell manufacturers to reduce the price of their goods when it's raw materials are in a village and can only be accessed by boat/ships when you can build a bridge and the manufacturer would go there

3) How do you intend to tell a farmer to produce more goods when he has no form of infrastructure to preserve them.
4) How do you tell a farmer/manufacturer to export his goods when the country has no working seaport or airport.

5) How do you intend to trade with other countries when you don't have the needed infrastructures for example if Nigeria had the right infrastructures for exporting gas, wouldn't we be having gains now that countries are avoiding Russia.

6) The government introduce farmer money to help farmers increase the amount of crops they produce did it work? yes it did but when it did the farmers were crying that they don't have were to store their produce.

7) The way Nigerians have been prospering abroad has shown that what we need is the right infrastructure in place before our economy would grow.

cool I think I don't understand you own definition of human capital development maybe you should explain to me.
Re: Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? by immortalcrown(m): 1:44pm On Jul 03, 2022
3ple9iner:

You said Lagos and Lagos have no control on federal schools

The prices of what you listed increase because of the price of dollars meaning importers have to pay more for dollars in other to import these things. so how can we solve that?

Nigeria spends about 12% of it's foreign exchange on just importation of petroleum products. In other for Nigerians to by this products cheap, Nigeria spends over #1trn on subsidy every year.

What all these means is that most of Nigeria income is used to buy dollars to import fuel and also used to pay for the price to be reduced in other to cushion the effects on Nigeria. If we had a working refinery, Nigeria doesn't need to spend those money and still the product would be cheap and we would be able to export these products to other countries which would also strengthen our currency.

How do you intend to do all these with the needed infrastructure, how do you want a farmer to reduce the price of his goods when the road from his farm to the market his bad.
2) How do you intend to tell manufacturers to reduce the price of their goods when it's raw materials are in a village and can only be accessed by boat/ships when you can build a bridge and the manufacturer would go there

3) How do you intend to tell a farmer to produce more goods when he has no form of infrastructure to preserve them.
4) How do you tell a farmer/manufacturer to export his goods when the country has no working seaport or airport.

5) How do you intend to trade with other countries when you don't have the needed infrastructures for example if Nigeria had the right infrastructures for exporting gas, wouldn't we be having gains now that countries are avoiding Russia.

6) The government introduce farmer money to help farmers increase the amount of crops they produce did it work? yes it did but when it did the farmers were crying that they don't have were to store their produce.

7) The way Nigerians have been prospering abroad has shown that what we need is the right infrastructure in place before our economy would grow.

cool I think I don't understand you own definition of human capital development maybe you should explain to me.

You need to examine your brain. I mentioned ASUU to let you know that if infrastructure is the major driver of economy, UNILAG students in Lagos State will not be affected by ASUU since Lagos has infrastructure. All these things you listed are so because of unimplemented good policies and implemented bad policies. I mentioned policy and proper utilization of allocation. I mentioned the use of local experts and many other things. I am not sure you read my comment before quoting me. If you did, answer the questions I asked about infrastructures. I listed what infrastructures have not been able to do. Tell me that infrastructure did those things.

(1) (Reply)

Baze University, Peter Obi And Graduates / Atiku To Arrive Nigeria Tomorrow / List of Politicians that must retire after 2023!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.