Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? (745 Views)

Those Saying That There Are No Igbos In Edo State. See This. / "There Are No Igbos In The South South" / SHOCKING: Saraki Is Not From Kwara, But Abeokuta...read Detail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by Penguin2: 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2022
See, I don’t have strength for long epistle so I’m going straight to the point.

Every time there’s any talk of Igbos in Delta and Rivers, some people here will say there are no Igbos in those areas and that Igbo names doesn’t translate to being Igbos.

According to them, the Ngozi in Rivers who speaks Igbo fluently is Ijaw while only the Ngozi in Owerri is Igbo.

If you ask them why they are making such argument? They will say that those people have said they are not Igbos.

Then you remind them of people like Amaechi and Okowa who have told the world they are Igbo, and they will still say it’s a lie, that they are making the statement out of political exigencies.

But ironically, these same people believe and agree that the Bukola in Kwara (Northern Nigeria) is not different from Bukola in Akure (Southwest Nigeria).

Why?
Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by kingsceemark(m): 12:45pm On Jul 03, 2022
Penguin2:

Every time there’s any talk of Igbos in Delta and Rivers, some people here will say there are no Igbos in those areas and that Igbo names doesn’t translate to being Igbos.

According to them, the Ngozi in Rivers who speaks Igbo fluently is Ijaw while only the Ngozi in Owerri is Igbo.

If you ask them why they are making such argument? They will say that those people have said they are not Igbos.

Then you remind them of people like Amaechi and Okowa who have told the world they are Igbo, and they will still say it’s a lie, that they are making the statement out of political exigencies.

But ironically, these same people believe and agree that the Bukola in Kwara (Northern Nigeria) is not different from Bukola in Akure (Southwest Nigeria).

Why?

Guy we're talking about politics and Obedient here, and you're talking out of the line, wait till after 2023 before your questions can be answered

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by tctrills: 12:47pm On Jul 03, 2022
Penguin2:

Why?
Do don't seem to have a real question. Are you saying that Ijaws should become Igbos?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 03, 2022
Brave one

kingsceemark:

Guy we're talking about politics and Obedient here, and you're talking out of the line, wait till after 2023 before your questions can be answered

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by Transcriber: 12:48pm On Jul 03, 2022
The Yoruba in Kwara claim Yoruba

Can't say the same for you

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by Transcriber: 12:49pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ask wike if he is Igbo

Ask Saraki (even though he is not full Yoruba) if he is Yoruba

Come back to talk nonsense

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2022
Transcriber:
Ask wike if he is Igbo

Ask Saraki (even though he is not full Yoruba) if he is Yoruba

Come back to talk nonsense
Ifeanti Okowa identifies as Igbo
Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2022
Why bring the Yorubas into this argument? Are we the ones disagreeing the existence of Igbos in the SS? The people who don't agree with you are the ones you're trying to force Igbo tribe on, not Yorubas.

Anyone with a functioning brain would know that Kwara is a Yoruba land. The Yorubas in Kogi state are also Yorubas. They don't need to be reminded or forced to accept that they're Yorubas. We don't force people. You are the ones lumping people who don't want to be recognized as being part of you together.

Every Yoruba man/woman has the Moluabi spirit and don't need to be forced. The Ikwerres and the Ikas don't believe they're Igbos. Deal with that. If you had any useful historical records, perhaps you'll not be here asking this mumu question. You'd have tutored anyone who disagrees.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by chiefolododo(m): 12:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
There are Yorubas in Delta

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by Transcriber: 12:54pm On Jul 03, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Ifeanti Okowa identifies as Igbo
who is that?

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by Transcriber: 12:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
chiefolododo:
There are itsekiri and lukumí not Yoruba in delta

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by Pakute: 12:56pm On Jul 03, 2022
chiefolododo:
Tell them abeg, they don't know.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by Wintertime: 12:56pm On Jul 03, 2022
Shut up, most of the Igbos there are indigenous

Most clinched to being Called another tribe so as to avoid instigation and doubt of loyalty to other tribes
Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by Pakute: 12:56pm On Jul 03, 2022
Transcriber:
What are you saying?
Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by Transcriber: 12:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
Pakute:

What are you saying?
google those groups and stop asking me such questions

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by Pakute: 12:58pm On Jul 03, 2022
Transcriber:
google those groups and stop asking me such questions
Are you insinuating they aren't Yoruba?
Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by ogele: 12:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
I am Igbo from Rivers State. Majority of rivers people are igbos

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by chiefolododo(m): 12:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
Transcriber:

itsekiri are yorubas

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by Transcriber: 1:01pm On Jul 03, 2022
chiefolododo:
itsekiri are yorubas
I know a lot of them
They have their own identity already

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by chiefolododo(m): 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
Transcriber:
I know a lot of them
They have their own identity already
you know itsekiri more than the Olu of Warri?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by MetaPhysical: 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2022
Why are Yoruba in Kwara ke?
Because its Yoruba State.

Do you mean to ask why is Kwara in North?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by Transcriber: 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2022
chiefolododo:
you know itsekiri more than the Olu of Warri?
if Buhari says Nigerian youths are lazy doe it mean Nigerian youths are lazy?

Don't clear their heritage
It's insultive

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by chiefolododo(m): 1:06pm On Jul 03, 2022
Transcriber:

It's insultive
I understand your perspective
Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by Ebubu3: 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
Penguin2:

Why?

It is not the fault of the Yoruba people but due to the insistence of the Rivers people and some Delta people to identify NOT as Igbo.

All Rivers people don't identify as Igbo, but speak very clear Igbo language.

Some Delta people don't identify as Igbo but want to be known by the name of the community from which they come from. (though some other Delta persons actually and truly identify as Igbo). So essentially, Delta Igbo people are divided, some are in, some are out. Rivers entirely, want to be out.

It is on the realization of how these states choose to identify with, that Yoruba people latch onto it to mock Igbo people.

If Kwara people deny Yoruba, Igbo people can latch onto it too to mock Yoruba, sadly they don't.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by illicit(m): 1:10pm On Jul 03, 2022
Transcriber:

Itsekiri and lukumi are Yoruba

Ilorin is Yoruba, any Fulani in Ilorin has become Yoruba

U won't know they are related to fulani until they tell you

I was there

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by chiefolododo(m): 1:10pm On Jul 03, 2022
Transcriber:

It's insultive
are you aware that yorubas are in Edo too?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by Moh247: 1:10pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ibos and their worship of everything Yoruba

Who gives a fvck if Ibo is in Delta or Damaturu

Una people with identity crisis issues sef

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by Transcriber: 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2022
chiefolododo:
are you aware that yorubas are in Edo too?
yeah I'm aware
é.g Akoko Edo

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by juman(m): 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2022
Moh247:
Ibos and their worship of everything Yoruba

Who gives a fvck if Ibo is in Delta or Damaturu

Una people with identity crisis issues sef

Abi o.
Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by chiefolododo(m): 1:16pm On Jul 03, 2022
Transcriber:
yeah I'm aware
é.g Akoko Edo
you can now see that aside the SW, Yorubas are in Edo, Delta, Benin Republic, etc

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by Kdon2: 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2022
Penguin2:

Why?

Because you are not properly informed that's why! grin
Re: Why Are Yorubas In Kwara But No Igbos In Rivers And Delta? by Kdon2: 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2022
kingsceemark:

The vawulence here is very hard o!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Are Your Preferred Presidential Candidates? Twitter Poll Nigerian Tribune / Osun: Apc’ll Respond To Results After Consultation – Oyetola / Are Nigerdeltans OK With How Things Are?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.