Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,761 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Migration To Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Migration To Canada (1126 Views)

Migration To Germany As A Medical Laboratory Scientist: A Thread. / Migration: The Long Road To Canada / Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Migration To Canada by ZackZA(m): 1:15pm On Jul 03, 2022
Hello all, I have the desire to migrate to the either to the canada, USA or Australia for a short term work for 2 years or so before regularizing in the future for permanent residence. I have seen alot of agents who ate willing to assist but not so convinced yet. I am a University teacher with a lot of years experience and with a PhD. Alot of people say I can go through a post doc, but postdocs are not so easy either my PhD ismore than 3 years or so. Am a married man in my late thirties. Advice pls
Re: Migration To Canada by ednut1(m): 2:49pm On Jul 03, 2022
ZackZA:
Hello all, I have the desire to migrate to the either to the canada, USA or Australia for a short term work for 2 years or so before regularizing in the future for permanent residence. I have seen alot of agents who ate willing to assist but not so convinced yet. I am a University teacher with a lot of years experience and with a PhD. Alot of people say I can go through a post doc, but postdocs are not so easy either my PhD ismore than 3 years or so. Am a married man in my late thirties. Advice pls
the agents are scammers they will only take your money and run. Ask yourself have you seen anyone you know who agent helped to canada or Australia with work permitRead here for express entry
https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Re: Migration To Canada by jesmond3945: 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
ZackZA:
only IT or heath would migrate you. Academic work will only.migrate you if you graduated from their schools.
Re: Migration To Canada by Nozino: 5:06pm On Jul 03, 2022
ZackZA:

Hello,

A lot of US Unis recruit post docs especially in Engineering. You can try googling laps accepting post docs within your niche area and going to their website.

Or try the EE route.
Re: Migration To Canada by Saynoomore: 6:01pm On Jul 04, 2022
Nozino:

Hello,

A lot of US Unis recruit post docs especially in Engineering. You can try googling laps accepting post docs within your niche area and going to their website.

Or try the EE route.

I'm also in the academia, and from experience, postdocs are extremely competitive. Postdoc offers don't come easy anymore.

OP, should simply focus on Express Entry. That's what I'm currently trying to explore, but already a lot of point has been lost to age. Learning French is a Herculean task! No pathway easy o! grin
Re: Migration To Canada by Nozino: 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2022
Saynoomore:

I'm also in the academia, and from experience, postdocs are extremely competitive. Postdoc offers don't come easy anymore.

OP, should simply focus on Express Entry. That's what I'm currently trying to explore, but already a lot of point has been lost to age. Learning French is a Herculean task! No pathway easy o! grin

Ok sir. I didn’t know. But when I was looking for funding for my PhD, a lot of Professors had vacancies for post docs.
Re: Migration To Canada by Saynoomore: 9:49am On Jul 05, 2022
Nozino:

Ok sir. I didn’t know. But when I was looking for funding for my Ph.D., many professors had vacancies for post docs.

Of course, many of them have it advertised. The problem is that only one spot is usually available for each advert, and often home candidates are their first choice to avoid the hurdles of getting visas for international students. I had applied to over 55 postdocs before I got one in the US. I'm back in Nigeria, but seeing the country's situation now, I am just weak for words! It's sad, regrettably sad! sad
Re: Migration To Canada by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 05, 2022
ednut1:
the agents are scammers they will only take your money and run. Ask yourself have you seen anyone you know who agent helped to canada or Australia with work permitRead here for express entry
https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

No be every agent be scammer, I have a genuine one but not ready to share it with anyone. Genuine agents guide you with relevant documents and interview guide too.
Re: Migration To Canada by ednut1(m): 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2022
Ninisun:

No be every agent be scammer, I have a genuine one but not ready to share it with anyone. Genuine agents guide you with relevant documents and interview guide too.
can you re read the nonsense you just typed. I have a genuine one but not ready to share. Why are you hiding him or her if he is genuine abeg

1 Like

Re: Migration To Canada by AgentGoat: 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2022
Saynoomore:

Of course, many of them have it advertised. The problem is that only one spot is usually available for each advert, and often home candidates are their first choice to avoid the hurdles of getting visas for international students. I had applied to over 55 postdocs before I got one in the US. I'm back in Nigeria, but seeing the country's situation now, I am just weak for words! It's sad, regrettably sad! sad

What is your niche?
Re: Migration To Canada by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 05, 2022
ednut1:
can you re read the nonsense you just typed. I have a genuine one but not ready to share. Why are you hiding him or her if he is genuine abeg

I'm not sharing it till next month, I purposely wrote that cus some of you might think I want to promote agents, so go knack your head for wall Oga. We have some reliable agents with good success stories.
Re: Migration To Canada by Nozino: 2:58pm On Jul 05, 2022
Saynoomore:

Ok sir.
Re: Migration To Canada by ednut1(m): 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2022
Ninisun:

I'm not sharing it till next month, I purposely wrote that cus some of you might think I want to promote agents, so go knack your head for wall Oga. We have some reliable agents with good success stories.
provide one person your agent has taken to Canada. Meanwhile go face ya uk care job hustle and no dey disturb us here with cheap agent adverts.
Re: Migration To Canada by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 05, 2022
ednut1:
provide one person your agent has taken to Canada. Meanwhile go face ya uk care job hustle and no dey disturb us here with cheap agent adverts.

It's not even Canada, na US...nna japa na for every viable country and so dey there dey misyan. I won't share it with you okay..oya run along

(1) (Reply)

Phrankleen: Nigerians Abroad Telling Others To Return Back Home / Newest Airline In Nigeria (2006)? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.