Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife (744 Views)

I Caught My Brother’s Wife Having Sex With Another Man In Their Sitting Room / My Friend Was Caught Peeping At His Brother's Wife In The Shower Today / Help!! My Father's Brother Wants To Inherit Some Of His Properties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by coputa(m): 5:32pm On Jul 03, 2022
In many cultures,people inherits properties of their families for the purpose of continuity including their wives,as the family do not want their wives and properties to go to other families.Some accepted it whole heartedly while others frowns at it.Do you think it is advisable.
Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by MufasaLion: 5:33pm On Jul 03, 2022
Why would you wanna do that?

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by Cypress042(m): 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2022
Is not advisable man cool

Inheriting one's wife, is like inheriting one's left over problem.

Wise people already know what i mean smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by coputa(m): 5:39pm On Jul 03, 2022
MufasaLion:
Why would you wanna do that?
These things exist in many cultures,not mine as their tradition demands,for the sake of continuity.
Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by MufasaLion: 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2022
coputa:
These things exist in many cultures,not mine as their tradition demands,for the sake of continuity.

Well, culture and tradition is evolving now. Naturally, I see no reason why one should find his father's wife attractive. To me, it's disgusting

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by nifemi25(m): 5:44pm On Jul 03, 2022
Inherit my late dad's property is a good thing but his wife is no go area .....

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by coputa(m): 5:47pm On Jul 03, 2022
MufasaLion:

Well, culture and tradition is evolving now. Naturally, I see no reason why one should find his father's wife attractive. To me, it's disgusting
it's not about the woman being attractive or not,it's about holding forth,what belongs to the family,it's a form of responsibility of the first son.i think it's wise.

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by MufasaLion: 5:50pm On Jul 03, 2022
coputa:
it's not about the woman being attractive or not,it's about holding forth,what belongs to the family,it's a form of responsibility of the first son.i think it's wise.

Will such man be intimate with his widowed mother? No!

You can be responsible for the woman without being intimate. It's illogical to think you must be intimate because the woman is your responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by advanceDNA: 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
MufasaLion:

Its a culture that is done for the purpose providing for the widow..as in those days hardly do men marry single mothers when there are plenty single women around..

..its not continuation of sex.... and if the woman wants to move on or has found another man..shes not forced to remain in her dead husbands home...

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by MufasaLion: 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
advanceDNA:

Its a culture that is done for the purpose providing for the widow..
..its not continuation of sex.... and if the woman wants to move on or has found another man..shes not forced to remain in her dead husbands home...

Inherit shouldn't be the word to use then.
Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by youngmd: 5:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
Inheriting one's father wife is just a name .it depends on u d individual .u can decide to not to sleep with her .

May purpose of inheriting her "is for her to still be in d family.in my tribe is just formality no big deal in it

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by advanceDNA: 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2022
MufasaLion:

Inherit shouldn't be the word to use then.

Hes inheriting her responsibilities or the liability...same naanii
Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by MufasaLion: 5:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
advanceDNA:

Hes inheriting her responsibilities or the liability...same naanii

Inheriting her responsibilities? Wrong usage of words.
Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by advanceDNA: 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
MufasaLion:

Inheriting her responsibilities? Wrong usage of words.

Put any word u like bros...
Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by coputa(m): 5:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
Cypress042:
Is not advisable man cool

Inheriting one's wife, is like inheriting one's left over problem.

Wise people already know what i mean smiley
But people that practiced this saw a lot of advantages in it than the problems.For example,if a woman that has already had children with the first husband is allowed to marry another man,she is already taking their children into another home which sometimes have grave consequencies.
Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 03, 2022

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by coputa(m): 6:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
MufasaLion:

Will such man be intimate with his widowed mother? No!

You can be responsible for the woman without being intimate. It's illogical to think you must be intimate because the woman is your responsibility
love and intimacy are built over time,it's not done overnight,what of people they match make,ain't a lot of them happy.
Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by MufasaLion: 6:07pm On Jul 03, 2022
coputa:
love and intimacy are built over time,it's not done overnight,what of people they match make,ain't a lot of them happy.

Your response doesn't align with the bone of contention. Goodday!
Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by Boogyman557: 6:08pm On Jul 03, 2022
Holly Gram cool E de always happen for Nollywood movies..

But e no make SENTENCES at ALL..

Although some will say is tradition but to me, E no make any SENTENCES!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by coputa(m): 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2022
youngmd:
Inheriting one's father wife is just a name .it depends on u d individual .u can decide to not to sleep with her .

May purpose of inheriting her "is for her to still be in d family.in my tribe is just formality no big deal in it
What if she's still young,and fertile.
Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by Cypress042(m): 6:12pm On Jul 03, 2022
coputa:
But people that practiced this saw a lot of advantages in it than the problems.For example,if a woman that has already had children with the first husband is allowed to marry another man,she is already taking their children into another home which sometimes have grave consequencies.
Is not proper and shouldn't be encourage The question now is, are you getting married to your brothers wife because you love her or because of you want to sympathise with her ?
Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by coputa(m): 6:24pm On Jul 03, 2022
Cypress042:
Is not proper and shouldn't be encourage The question now is, are you getting married to your brothers wife because you love her or because of you want to sympathise with her ?
Neither of them,it's mainly to protect her and the children.
Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by Mindlog: 6:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
coputa:

Protect her and the children from what?

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by coputa(m): 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2022
Mindlog:

Protect her and the children from what?
A woman taking her children along with her into another marriage is a risky adventure.
Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by Mindlog: 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
coputa:
A woman taking her children along with her into another marriage is a risky adventure.

She has every right to remarry who is she comfortable with and not be restricted to males from late husband's family. The children will still bear their late father's name even if she remarries.

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Inherit One's Father's/brother's Wife by Cypress042(m): 8:28pm On Jul 03, 2022
coputa:

Mr protector, continue the good works grin

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Husband Happy VS How To Make Your Wife Happy / Trouble Some Neigbour: Child Abuse :'( :'( / I Need advice from a Male Living In Lagos Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.