Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) (567 Views)

Federal Appeals Court Dismisses Trump Campaign Lawsuit Over Pennsylvania Voting / Michigan County Flips Back To Trump, Following Repair Of Voting Software Glitch / Over 30 Millions Americans Have Voted As Early Voting Starts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
In brazil, voting is mandatory and we are already in the election year in brazil.

According to the Federal Constitution, voting in Brazil is mandatory for every citizen, born or naturalized, literate, aged between 18 and 70 years. Voting is optional for young people aged 16 and 17, for people over 70, and for the illiterate.

You would pay a fine if you do not vote and you would have difficulties getting a new passport, even Brazilians abroad are also required to vote.

Citizens who have a regular status in the Electoral Court can vote, that is, without pending issues that prevent them from exercising their right to vote. This means that those who have not taken their voter registration card or regularized this condition until May 4, 2022, before the closing of the electoral register, will not be able to vote in the October elections. It is that, as provided for in the Resolution of the Superior Electoral Court (TSE) No. 23.674/2021, the deadline for regularization ends 151 days before the vote.

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2022/07/voting-is-compulsory-in-brazil.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by DispatcherLagos: 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2022
Good
Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by Totilopussylick(m): 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
It should be extended to Nigeria too
Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by Enoch07: 5:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
There problem, here it's a constitutional rights no be by force

1 Like

Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 03, 2022
Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 03, 2022
Totilopussylick:
It should be extended to Nigeria too

Lol, grin
Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2022
Enoch07:

It is a constitutional right to vote in brazil.

1 Like

Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2022
Enoch07:

If you read the part where is says "according to the federal constitution".
Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by Enoch07: 6:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

It is a constitutional right to vote in brazil.
But mandatory with fines for that matter
Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by datola: 6:27pm On Jul 03, 2022
Wow.

We need the same law in Nigeria.
Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
Enoch07:

But mandatory with fines for that matter

Yes o, in the last election 107m people voted for their choice.

1 Like

Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
datola:
Wow.

We need the same law in Nigeria.

cheesy
Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by MufasaLion: 6:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

Yes o, in the last election 107m people voted for their choice.

Wow!!! In a population of 200m plus? Very encouraging.
Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
MufasaLion:

Wow!!! In a population of 200m plus? Very encouraging.

Actually the voter turn out was 117m and if you remove null and blank votes you have 107m.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by MufasaLion: 6:45pm On Jul 03, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

Actually the voter turn out was 117m and if you remove null and blank votes you have 107m.

Here in Nigeria, we got 27m in the last election. Nigerians are used to making noise online and sit back on election days. Some will use that day to bring back the glory of their football days in school.

2 Likes

Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
MufasaLion:

Here in Nigeria, we got 27m in the last election. Nigerians are used to making noise online and sit back on election days. Some will use that day to bring back the glory of their football days in school.

Lol, the people don't believe in the electoral system because we all know the system is not credible, in brazil they use a voting machine and it impossible to rig anything,so your votes would definitely count.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by MufasaLion: 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

Lol, the people don't believe in the electoral system because we all know the system is not credible, in brazil they use a voting machine and it impossible to rig anything,so your votes would definitely count.

Right. I'm glad Nigerians are now more conscious of their environment and more importantly, political-consciousness.
Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 03, 2022
MufasaLion:

Right. I'm glad Nigerians are now more conscious of their environment and more importantly, political-consciousness.

Yes, everyone is getting their pvc, let's hope the votes would count this time around grin
Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by MufasaLion: 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

Yes, everyone is getting their pvc, let's hope the votes would count this time around grin

Hopefully! Nigeria will be great again but it's gonna be a bumpy ride.
Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 03, 2022
MufasaLion:

Hopefully! Nigeria will be great again but it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

That's true

1 Like

Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by AlphaTaikun: 3:40pm On Jul 04, 2022
walkbrazil4k:
In brazil, voting is mandatory and we are already in the election year in brazil.

According to the Federal Constitution, voting in Brazil is mandatory for every citizen, born or naturalized, literate, aged between 18 and 70 years. Voting is optional for young people aged 16 and 17, for people over 70, and for the illiterate.

You would pay a fine if you do not vote and you would have difficulties getting a new passport, even Brazilians abroad are also required to vote.

Citizens who have a regular status in the Electoral Court can vote, that is, without pending issues that prevent them from exercising their right to vote. This means that those who have not taken their voter registration card or regularized this condition until May 4, 2022, before the closing of the electoral register, will not be able to vote in the October elections. It is that, as provided for in the Resolution of the Superior Electoral Court (TSE) No. 23.674/2021, the deadline for regularization ends 151 days before the vote.

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2022/07/voting-is-compulsory-in-brazil.html?m=1
That's pretty cool! With the deployment of innovative voting technologies like those that exist in
Emerging economies like India and
Brasilia, more citizens of countries such as Nigeria would be motivated to vote instead of watching cable
TV, sleeping off or eating chicken shawarma at home on election day.
Lol.

Great post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

That's pretty cool! With the deployment of innovative voting technologies like those that exist in
Emerging economies like India and
Brasilia, more citizens of countries such as Nigeria would be motivated to vote instead of watching cable
TV, sleeping off or eating chicken shawarma at home on election day.
Lol.

Great post.

cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by 1Sharon(f): 7:24pm On Jul 04, 2022
Lol what about the jehovahs witnesses over there?
Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 04, 2022
1Sharon:
Lol what about the jehovahs witnesses over there?

Wonderful and lovely people,I attend the kingdom hall here and I love it, but I am not a member, I think they also get involved in politics, I would ask my friends.
Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by dehiero: 5:36am On Jul 05, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

Wonderful and lovely people,I attend the kingdom hall here and I love it, but I am not a member, I think they also get involved in politics, I would ask my friends.
my Oga shey person fit see better wife for that una church… person dn old finish o
Re: Voting Is Compulsory In Brazil(photo) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 05, 2022
dehiero:
my Oga shey person fit see better wife for that una church… person dn old finish o

Lol, I don't attend all the time, just when I am free because I work from Monday - Saturday and sometimes I even deliver on Sundays.but any church is the best place to find a woman.

(1) (Reply)

China-russia Agrees To Build A New Gas Pipeline To Replace Nordstream2 / South Africa, Russia And China Will Hold A Naval Exercise / ⚡️#BREAKING Putin: Russia Suspends Participations In Strategic Arms Treaty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.