Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Child Exploitation And Abuse: Where Can I Report This Please? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Child Exploitation And Abuse: Where Can I Report This Please? (318 Views)

Should I Report A Cheating Husband To His Wife? / He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.Please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support? / Cussons Baby Moment: Parents Accuse Organisers Of Favouritism And Exploitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Child Exploitation And Abuse: Where Can I Report This Please? by LSKD: 10:02pm On Jul 03, 2022
The girl is just 13 she has been working since June last year by doing domestic work for a woman.

Around 5/6 morning she visit the woman house i.e before going to school, wash plate, sweep her compound and fetch water with bucket or basin since no water source in the house. Then in the evening she visit the house around 4/5, she wash plate, refill water again. Additionally on Saturdays, she wash clothes of 2 of the woman's children.

She do this for everyday of the week excluding Sundays for this family of 6(the couple + 22, 12 years children while the other two are less than 10) . She don't live with them but only visit to perform this chores and leave immediately when she's done. They only pay her 3,000 a month.

From my findings her father is late, the mother collects her salary. Her salary is being used as as school fees(3k) when ever school fees payment arise since her madam also work in her school.

I don't have much but I plan to pay for all her school fees if this would save this innocent little girl from what she's passing through. My concern is her madam would go free and most definitely employ another minor because before this current girl she employ a girl not upto 10 years but later sack her because she can't keep up with work.

I don't know why or what kind of mother would allow her child to undergo this for just 3k? Or how evil and wicked can one be to employ this minor as a maid more so paying her just 3k.

Please where or what agency can I report this to? I think the mother needs serious counseling/brain and sense while the madam pay for this wickedness. This is happening in Taraba state
Re: Child Exploitation And Abuse: Where Can I Report This Please? by MufasaLion: 10:10pm On Jul 03, 2022
Report to Lagos DSVRT.
Re: Child Exploitation And Abuse: Where Can I Report This Please? by Cypress042(m): 10:16pm On Jul 03, 2022
Hmmmmm things are happening sad
Re: Child Exploitation And Abuse: Where Can I Report This Please? by Latty88(f): 10:21pm On Jul 03, 2022
Honestly this is pure wickedness on the part of the woman. That money is too poor, some people don't just have conscience at all.
Re: Child Exploitation And Abuse: Where Can I Report This Please? by Mindlog: 10:32pm On Jul 03, 2022
I think you have get in touch with Taraba state's ministry of women and social development to get info on their agency that deals with such.

It is high time Nigeria set up a national child abuse hotline, where people can call anonymously and report abuses and the centre get their state's units to follow up. angry
Re: Child Exploitation And Abuse: Where Can I Report This Please? by LSKD: 10:42pm On Jul 03, 2022
MufasaLion:
Report to Lagos DSVRT.

Not in Lagos state
Re: Child Exploitation And Abuse: Where Can I Report This Please? by MufasaLion: 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2022
LSKD:

Not in Lagos state

What state?
Re: Child Exploitation And Abuse: Where Can I Report This Please? by bdchange(m): 7:50am On Jul 04, 2022
The main culprits you should report should be the mother of the girl who gave her child to be used as slave while she is alive and healthy to provide such basic needs. Cant the mother do such job and use it to provide for the child instead of the opposite.
Re: Child Exploitation And Abuse: Where Can I Report This Please? by LSKD: 9:31am On Jul 04, 2022
MufasaLion:

What state?
Taraba state

(1) (Reply)

Is Your GOTV Working? Is This Only Me.. / Buy Waist Beads Online / Advice Really Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.