Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

2023: We’ve Lost Faith In Nigeria’s Electoral System – Igbo Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: We’ve Lost Faith In Nigeria’s Electoral System – Igbo Group (362 Views)

Sad, We’ve Lost Brave Men,’ Buhari Grieves Over Soldiers Killed In Niger / Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala / We’ve Lost Our Most-valued Crude Oil Customers – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: We’ve Lost Faith In Nigeria’s Electoral System – Igbo Group by press9jatv: 12:05am On Jul 04, 2022
A socio-political organisation in the southeast has said it has lost faith in Nigeria’s electoral system ahead of the 2023 general election.

The Alaigbo Development Foundation, ADF, noted that it didn’t hide its reservations about the current electoral process in the country, which would signal the election of the nation’s leaders come 2023.

The President-General of the group, Prof Uzodinma Nwala, made this known in a statement signed and issued to journalists during a reception organized in honour of the former presidential aspirant, Sam Ohuabunwa, who contested for President on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Prof. Nwala described as brutal, undemocratic, and highly monetised the recent primary election of PDP that was held in May 2022.

He said: “This is a special moment for us, members of the Alaigbo Development Foundation, as we welcome one of our most remarkable leaders, Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa, who has just returned to us after a brutal encounter with the undemocratic mode of selection of candidates for the presidency of the Federation of Nigeria.

“Right from the beginning of the current electoral process, even before and in fact till tomorrow, the ADF never hid her lack of faith in the highly monetised and corrupt electoral system in Nigeria.

“What Ohuabnunwa has undergone is a brutal experience with the Nigerian electoral system, which ADF has consistently referred to as the game only vampires can play.

“ADF is of the view that Ohuabunwa lost in the undemocratic delegates mode of selection in the Nigerian electoral system and that the masses of Nigeria had no hand in what happened at the National Stadium on May 28 and 29, 2022.”

Speaking at the reception, Ohuabunwa, said the occasion rekindled his burning desire to replicate the Igbo entrepreneurial attitude in the Nigerian system, saying he wasn’t oblivious that Nigerians watched keenly as events unfolded before, during, and after the presidential elections.

While thanking the ADF for the honour accorded to him, he observed that the Igbos were currently misconstrued, mischaracterized, and misunderstood in the country, adding the people of the South-East region were broad-minded, accommodating, and fair play seekers.

He said, “You know when you go into this race sometimes, it’s a fairly lonely battle and you know, everybody is watching you as if you are a movie.

“As I often say, the Igbo man in Nigeria is not well-represented. He’s largely mis-characterized, misunderstood, and mis-profiled. And one of my desire is if I have an opportunity, I will show the difference. I tried to show the best of what a Nigerian of Igbo extraction can be.

“We seek justice, equity and fairly. We are a people who move on in life inspite of challenges and we are also interested in others moving on , too. We are not lazy; we are not laid-back; we are not fraudulent and we are not mischievous and we are not mercantilist. But we have a sense of justice and equity; we don’t like to beg.”

https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/03/2023-weve-lost-faith-in-nigerias-electoral-system-igbo-group/

Re: 2023: We’ve Lost Faith In Nigeria’s Electoral System – Igbo Group by Softmirror: 12:07am On Jul 04, 2022
grin.

Modified:

WHAT ELSE SHOULD BE EXPECTED FROM A VERY,VERY,VERY CONFUSED TRIBE THAT DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY WANT?

BELOW IS A PICTURE OF PETER OBI'S SON.

chatinent

Re: 2023: We’ve Lost Faith In Nigeria’s Electoral System – Igbo Group by press9jatv: 12:07am On Jul 04, 2022
Igbo group ti soro soke
Re: 2023: We’ve Lost Faith In Nigeria’s Electoral System – Igbo Group by chatinent: 12:09am On Jul 04, 2022
Softmirror:
grin. WHAT ELSE SHOULD BE EXPECTED FROM LOSERS?

You can make your point without being tribalistic. Trust me, you'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: 2023: We’ve Lost Faith In Nigeria’s Electoral System – Igbo Group by Frigga13: 12:12am On Jul 04, 2022
Time wasters

Wait make dem come spoon feed Una ...

All of Una hide before primaries.. with Ohaneze gibberish..
Now Una Dey even lose.. Una don Dey make noise

Power to the people
North 2023
Re: 2023: We’ve Lost Faith In Nigeria’s Electoral System – Igbo Group by Totilopussylick(m): 12:13am On Jul 04, 2022
Softmirror:
grin. WHAT ELSE SHOULD BE EXPECTED FROM A VERY,VERY,VERY OF CONFUSED TRIBE THAT DON'T KNOW WHAT THE WANT?

Let me assumed

you are being sarcastic

but the level of your foolishness

shows that you lack home training tongue tongue tongue.

1 Like

Re: 2023: We’ve Lost Faith In Nigeria’s Electoral System – Igbo Group by richie240: 12:14am On Jul 04, 2022
Race never start una don begin complain!
cool

1 Like

Re: 2023: We’ve Lost Faith In Nigeria’s Electoral System – Igbo Group by yyba: 12:16am On Jul 04, 2022
Mteeew as if they have any impact to nigeria electoral system.

1 Like

Re: 2023: We’ve Lost Faith In Nigeria’s Electoral System – Igbo Group by chatinent: 12:16am On Jul 04, 2022
Softmirror:
grin.

Modified:

WHAT ELSE SHOULD BE EXPECTED FROM A VERY,VERY,VERY CONFUSED TRIBE THAT DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY WANT?

chatinent

I have no business with Peter Obi.

I am just advising you that to use the better part of your brain to type is human too.

1 Like

Re: 2023: We’ve Lost Faith In Nigeria’s Electoral System – Igbo Group by Softmirror: 12:18am On Jul 04, 2022
chatinent:

You can make your point without being tribalistic. Trust me, you'll be fine.

THERE IS NOTHING TRIBALISTIC ABOUT THAT COMMENT. IT'S THE SIMPLE FACT BASED ON NIGERIA'S HISTORY PAST AND CURRENT. AS FAR AS POLITICS IS CONCERNED, IGBOS ARE A BUNCH OF LOSERS IN THIS GAME. THE SIMPLE REASON IS THAT VERY EMPTY PRIDE WHICH IS KILLING YOU LOTS.
Re: 2023: We’ve Lost Faith In Nigeria’s Electoral System – Igbo Group by Smithkafors(m): 12:21am On Jul 04, 2022
APC keeps on creating fake group aND Obis Son. Keep on deceiving yourself while the man keeps conquering m
Re: 2023: We’ve Lost Faith In Nigeria’s Electoral System – Igbo Group by Softmirror: 12:23am On Jul 04, 2022
chatinent:

I have no busy with Peter Obi.

I am just advising you that to use the better part of your brain to type is human too.

CONCERNED NIGERIANS HAVE ALL BUSINESS WITH PETER OBI AN IGBO MAN.

In the picture above is Gregory Peter Oseloka Obi, Mr. Peter Obi ’s son with IPOB clothes on, standing on the NIGERIA national flag.

We are watching. Doe his father want to become President of the same Nigeria or actualize Biafra?.

Re: 2023: We’ve Lost Faith In Nigeria’s Electoral System – Igbo Group by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 04, 2022
grin grin grin

Too early to start wailing

Reality dawning on them that the fraud they are selling will only become president on social media, and have started giving excuses.

It’s certain that after 2023, when Peter Obi has completely lost out, the “Biafra or Death” agitation will start again.

I knew it will get to these levels.

1 Like

Re: 2023: We’ve Lost Faith In Nigeria’s Electoral System – Igbo Group by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 04, 2022
Softmirror:
grin.

Modified:

chatinent

The fathers major objective is to divide Nigeria. Sane Nigeria know his major objective, and all those infeasible and unrealistic economic calculations are just to cover his demonic objective.

Cows don’t birth dogs, the son only publicized the family beliefs which Obi is part of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: We’ve Lost Faith In Nigeria’s Electoral System – Igbo Group by Softmirror: 12:40am On Jul 04, 2022
OgunLaakaye:

The fathers major objective is to divide Nigeria. Sane Nigeria know his major objective, and all those infeasible and unrealistic economic calculations are just to cover his demonic objective.

Cows don’t birth dogs, the son only publicized the family beliefs which Obi is part of.
IGBOS ARE A VERY UNSERIOUS TRIBE WHEN IT COMES TO POLITICS. AT LEAST THE JUST CONCLUDED PRIMARIES IS A TESTIMONY TO THIS FACT. ONE WOULD HAVE EXPECTED IGBOS SUPPORTING EACH OTHER. STILL YET, THE ENDED UP BEING LOSERS AGAIN AND AGAIN. MR PETER OBI IS ONLY A FANTASTIC FANTASY, NO PRIMARIES TO EVEN TEST HIS MIGHT, RUNNING WITH 'LAZY PEOPLE'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: We’ve Lost Faith In Nigeria’s Electoral System – Igbo Group by Oshodipikin: 12:41am On Jul 04, 2022
Wailing wailers don't want biafrauud again, zoo isn't considering them good enough for the presidency and now you lost faith even before the referee blow the whistle to kick start 2023 election.

Cry me a river.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: We’ve Lost Faith In Nigeria’s Electoral System – Igbo Group by SlavaUkraini: 1:27am On Jul 04, 2022
Another thread that would surely and have already ignited Another round of Nairaland Tribal Warfare.

Kindly Say No to Tribalism.

Vote Atiku 2023

Power to the People

(1) (Reply)

Prof Abdullahi Yusuf, A Superlative Performer, Silent Achiever -UITH Staff / Reno Omokri On Peter Obi / Shettima’s Nomination Unsettles Opposition Parties’ Camps – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.