Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

ASUU Strike: Northern Students Protest In Jalingo, Ask FG To Meet ASUU’s Demands - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Northern Students Protest In Jalingo, Ask FG To Meet ASUU’s Demands (421 Views)

Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic / ASUU Demands ₦1 Trillion From FG To Suspend Ongoing Strike / List Of ASUU Demands As Strike Is Suspended Conditionally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: Northern Students Protest In Jalingo, Ask FG To Meet ASUU’s Demands by HaryaorGirl(f): 5:14am On Jul 04, 2022
Students from the nineteen northern states of Nigeria, on Friday, protested the lingering ASUU strike in Jalingo, the Taraba State capital.

Under the auspices of the Coalition of Northern Groups’ Students, the undergraduates are asking traditional rulers, civil society organisations, and government at all levels to urgently intervene and end the strike.

The protest followed the inability of the Federal Government to resolve the ongoing strike by members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), which has entered its fifth month.

Northern students protest against the lingering ASUU strike in Taraba on July 1, 2022.

To air their grievances, they carried placards bearing several inscriptions like ‘FG, end ASUU strike now’, ‘Incessant ASUU/FG face-off, a demonstration of craziness,’ etc.

The exasperated students while rallying for their cause barricaded the ever-busy Jalingo Expressway, a situation that caused gridlock for motorists.

Speaking to journalists, the National Secretary-General of the Coalition, Emuseh Gimba, accused the Federal Government of meeting the demands of the striking lecturers.

“The Federal Government has refused to listen to ASUU or even consider their plea. This is something we are supposed to be responsible for,” she said.

“These same people in government have once been students. These people have enjoyed free education in the past. They are the same people that call themselves our parents. If they will not listen to the plea of our lecturers, why won’t they listen to the plea of the Nigerian students?

“Why won’t they consider the fact that they enjoyed free education and the students in this time are not enjoying free education they enjoyed?”

According to her, students schooling in Kaduna, Katsina, and other northern states are worried by the worsening state of insecurity.

Gimba further bemoaned the high spate of kidnapping and banditry activities in the region, accusing the government of making life miserable for students by compounding their woes with the lingering ASUU strike.

She further asked the authorities to resolve the impasse with the striking lecturers so that students’ welfare can be prioritised.

Source: https://www.channelstv.com/2022/07/02/northern-students-protest-lingering-ASUU-strike-in-jalingo/amp/

Meanwhile, Unijos are acting less concerned about the whole thing.

Re: ASUU Strike: Northern Students Protest In Jalingo, Ask FG To Meet ASUU’s Demands by HaryaorGirl(f): 5:16am On Jul 04, 2022
ASUU Vs FG
ABEG NA

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Northern Students Protest In Jalingo, Ask FG To Meet ASUU’s Demands by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 5:25am On Jul 04, 2022
They should go get their PVC and vote out incompetent political parties that have no concern for the educational system in Nigeria

Any Nigerian undergraduate suffering ASUU strike and still supporting APC or PDP is definitely very foolish.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Northern Students Protest In Jalingo, Ask FG To Meet ASUU’s Demands by Deborah98(f): 6:02am On Jul 04, 2022
This is very pathetic. FG should do something now, ASUU on their own should consider the students under them. Nawa this country tire me Abeg
Re: ASUU Strike: Northern Students Protest In Jalingo, Ask FG To Meet ASUU’s Demands by DKM123: 6:13am On Jul 04, 2022
Last week, I bumped into a group of youth in Nicon Luxury all dressed in suits, numbering about 50. When I noticed they were going for lunch and it was buffet, I enquired who they are. A staff told me they have been there for over a week and have been undergoing training. All for Tinubu. These are young guys who will very soon hijack the social media. There are also groups in Lagos and Port Harcourt.

You know what, when they are unleashed, you will understand. That's what they used against Goodluck. It will be worse for PO because the social media is his strongest point right now. Each of these boys will have up to 100 social media accounts and will be online 24/7. If you make any post, within an hour you will get a 100 attacks, neutralizing any positive thing you may have posted about PO. They will come in different identities, including Igbo, so people will be confused. It is war, but PO team doesn't seem to understand this yet. I was speaking with Val yesterday. I told him about it, hoping he would understand. This is not the type only him will be replying PO critiques, he will be overwhelmed.
The tactics is based on studies of countries where incumbent presidents were beaten in elections. APC did the study and deployed it well against Goodluck. They are at it again, but we Nigerian students refuse to be FUULED once more. We say, NEVER AGAIN! NEVER AGAIN!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Northern Students Protest In Jalingo, Ask FG To Meet ASUU’s Demands by JASONjnr(m): 7:14am On Jul 04, 2022
Buhari that is officially the minister of tourism, doesn't know who ASUU is or what they do.
Re: ASUU Strike: Northern Students Protest In Jalingo, Ask FG To Meet ASUU’s Demands by christejames(m): 8:14am On Jul 04, 2022
DKM123:
Last week, I bumped into a group of youth in Nicon Luxury all dressed in suits, numbering about 50. When I noticed they were going for lunch and it was buffet, I enquired who they are. A staff told me they have been there for over a week and have been undergoing training. All for Tinubu. These are young guys who will very soon hijack the social media. There are also groups in Lagos and Port Harcourt.

You know what, when they are unleashed, you will understand. That's what they used against Goodluck. It will be worse for PO because the social media is his strongest point right now. Each of these boys will have up to 100 social media accounts and will be online 24/7. If you make any post, within an hour you will get a 100 attacks, neutralizing any positive thing you may have posted about PO. They will come in different identities, including Igbo, so people will be confused. It is war, but PO team doesn't seem to understand this yet. I was speaking with Val yesterday. I told him about it, hoping he would understand. This is not the type only him will be replying PO critiques, he will be overwhelmed.
The tactics is based on studies of countries where incumbent presidents were beaten in elections. APC did the study and deployed it well against Goodluck. They are at it again, but we Nigerian students refuse to be FUULED once more. We say, NEVER AGAIN! NEVER AGAIN!

Don't worry brother, let them keep scheming, all from Tinubu's pockets... How many Nigerians will they counter with their so called media warriors? Like they say, if one cooks for the masses it won't even be enough but when the masses cook for one there is a problem for that person grin

OBIdients are the masses.

Nigerians will prevail!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Northern Students Protest In Jalingo, Ask FG To Meet ASUU’s Demands by Sucre6: 8:36am On Jul 04, 2022
This ASUU Vs FG matter no be small, ASUU made me spend 7 years for a 5 years course for school, thank God say I don graduate,

ASUU and FG be playing tambourine with students future, it's so sad

Re: ASUU Strike: Northern Students Protest In Jalingo, Ask FG To Meet ASUU’s Demands by HaryaorGirl(f): 8:19am On Jul 07, 2022
JASONjnr:
Buhari that is officially the minister of tourism, doesn't know who ASUU is or what they do.

The annoying thing is that; ASUU knows this and they are still insisting on this endless strike.

Foolishness in its highest order

What's more frustrating is that my fellow UniJos student will not follow with this ongoing trend

(1) (Reply)

Gofundme Help Needed / Wizard Of The Crow By Ngugi Wa Thiong'o - Themes In The Novel / How Lucrative Is Estate Management???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.