Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic (62717 Views)

What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* / Reps Ask FG To Reverse Decision On 2020 WASSCE / Textbook Explains Cultism With Don Jazzy, D'banj, Wande Coal (Mo'hits Group Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by ijustdey: 8:02pm On Oct 19, 2023
The house of representatives has asked the federal government, state and local governments to ban Queen Primer, a textbook used in primary schools.

The green chamber passed the resolution at plenary on Thursday after the adoption of a motion sponsored by Sulaiman Gumi, a lawmaker from Zamfara state.

Gumi said the textbook “subtly introduces the terms — ‘gay’, ‘eros’ — that communise sexual perversion and immoral behaviours”.

He said the textbook exposes children to terms inappropriate for their age.

The lawmaker described it as “unlawful, unethical, highly immoral and antithetical to child upbringing”.

The house asked the federal government to place a “total ban on the local production, importation and use of any educational material” that contains words that teach or promote “lesbianism, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT)” in schools across the country.

The house also asked the ministry of education, Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council, and the Education Research Council (ERC) to “carefully vet and censor” the contents of educational materials used in nursery and primary schools in the country and ensure that they are “appropriate and devoid of any connotation of pervasive culture”.

‘ALIEN NORMS

While moving the motion, Gumi said there is an “influx” of foreign educational materials that promote and teach “certain morals” that are “alien and inimical” to the nation’s norms and values.

He said there’s a need to “instil and protect” moral values in children and society by resisting behaviour which violates the country’s laws.

The nation’s anti-gay law prohibits gay relationships and same-sex marriage. Persons convicted face up to 14 years in jail.

It is also prohibited to have a meeting of homosexuals, or to operate or attend a gay club, society or organisation. Public show of same-sex intimate affection is also outlawed and offenders may be jailed for up to 10 years.

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-reps-ask-fg-to-ban-queen-primer-textbook-say-it-contains-sexual-perversions/amp

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by atiku4President(m): 8:04pm On Oct 19, 2023
Noted. At least the concerned Rep has said something worthy of reporting. Some are there and the only time they have raised their hands is to collect bullet proof SUV.

141 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by ojun50(m): 8:22pm On Oct 19, 2023
Na wa oooooh
Make I no talk

2 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by TemplarLandry: 8:43pm On Oct 19, 2023
cool

2 Likes

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by blueghost(m): 8:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
Just imagine!!! They just want to bastardise the system by all means. Queen premier wey person use learn how to read all those 2 letters and 3 letter words. Na by force to be LGBTQ? even music movies religion sports books they are trying to shove it down people throats.
I like how Qatar handled them at the world cup. Looking for one of the subtitle ways of reducing population.
We must resist by all means this barbarian acts for the sake of our future generations. they say nuclear weapons will end population but trust me LGBTQ is a much bigger threat than nuclear weapon

Edit: to all those gays mentioning me, the jokes are on you, i won't reply or quote you to gain publicity. Even the people claming LGBTQ were born by male and female parents. when a male footballer do transgender why is it they don't allow such person to participate in the FIFA Women world cup or Olympics Female team? why do they lock up transgender males convict in males prison facilities? bunch of confuse clowns.

297 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by Apus: 9:06pm On Oct 19, 2023
Nice.

Seems someone created a thread earlier on this.
This gay evangelism is becoming annoying.

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by jubrilcastle(m): 9:15pm On Oct 19, 2023
KillIgbohoN0W:
Ban the Quran first.
It contains graphic descriptions of child molestation and rape.
Would have been lovely to add the verse in the Qur'an for all to see. What you you put up there was a statement from just a mere mortal

98 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by Timoleon(m): 9:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
Ban it.

It did not subtly introduce gay into it, it did it viciously. After few pages, they put in the line ‘let us be gay’ for little kids to fill their heads with.

It must be banned.

112 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by Adebaba1(m): 9:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
they don rebrand the legendary queen premier
its very sad

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by Passionate888: 9:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
shocked
Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by Judolisco(m): 9:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
Toor make dem ban am, I don't know d essence of d book sef.... normal macmilian English plus some story books with better cain don do to make u read properly as a child... Mastering english by mo. Odiaka na wetin we read back then bdat

....... . Seriously no be d main issue bdat now.... Fueling stations are now selling air instead of fuel... I nearly cried today in Abuja... You've increased d price to 630 then why sell air to me again angry

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by GBPUSD: 9:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
But BBNaija show is readily available for these kids on national tv.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by inoki247: 9:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
Lol....

Why modify the book and add rubbish inside sef...

11 Likes

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by GanagiBitrus: 9:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
If their claim about the textbook is correct, then the ban is in order.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by salbis(m): 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2023
Some people will not like this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by etcme(m): 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2023
Majoring on the minor and minoring on the major.

If they ask this one what motion he has sponsored in the house, he will open his mouth and say "Banning of Queen Premier".

Let the Ministry of Education do it's work, find another thing and raise there. We still have some people getting married to underaged children. You can raise that one.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by UselessBuharist: 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2023
These guys have nothing serious to do

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by grandstar(m): 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2023
I fully support this motion.

It's a subtle way to introduce perversion to kids and for them to normalize it.

Homosexuality by its very nature is disconcerting to a teenager.

Homophobia is bad but it does not justify terming homosexuality as normal or encouraging kids to even experiment with it.

"Woe to those calling good, bad and bad, good" as the book of Isaiah says

Edit:

I just read the "gay" part of the book and it has zero to do with homosexuality. It uses the word gay simply in the original sense of the word "happy".

It has nothing to do with homosexuality.

Nevertheless, a perverted few may start twisting the words for personal sexual gain.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by RingRoadMafia: 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2023
I fit bet my life say this idiot nor know say "gay" get other meanings. Is this what they're paying you people billions of naira to legislate?? Wtf?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2023
Ok, noted
Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by osuofia2(m): 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2023
blueghost:
Just imagine!!! They just want to bastardaise the system by all means. Queen premier wey person use learn how to read all those 2 letters and 3 letter words. Na by force to be LGBTQ even music movies religion sports they are trying to shove it down people throats. I like how Qatar handled them at the world cup.
We must resist by all means this barbarian acts
V
Very useless book, I saw one with my ward. I was surprised the kind of gay words been used there

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by Paracetamol01: 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2023
tongue shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by Think9ja(m): 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2023
K
Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by bonechamberlain(m): 9:59pm On Oct 19, 2023
And replace it with what? Instead of outright ban, why not remove every negative page(s).

The book still has it's positive and educational impact.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:59pm On Oct 19, 2023
I was shocked when I saw the word gay recently in it. Deep down I was praying make My niece no ask me uncle what is gay. Glad she did not ask but I think they should stop trying to shove that agenda on us. Let the kids decide for themselves when they become adult.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by Sapphire94: 9:59pm On Oct 19, 2023
ojun50:
Na wa oooooh
Make I no talk
why are you gay?

6 Likes

Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by JustPowerApps(m): 9:59pm On Oct 19, 2023
What version of Queen Premier is this anyway, the quote is sick tbh
Re: Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic by oluwaseyi0: 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2023
All this Muslims have started again

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook / Ladies Pour Water On UNIBEN Final Year Student / Man Disguised As A woman, Sneaked Into Female University Hostel In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.