Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate (2167 Views)

Tinubu Picks Dr Akindele Egbuwalo As Acting CEO Of NSIPA / Orderly Dies As Innocent Barikor Escapes Assassination In Port Harcourt, Rivers / Tonye Cole Picks Victor Giadom As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by garfield1: 11:00am On Jul 04, 2022
Dr Innocent Bariate Barikor, a lecturer with the Department of Political Science/ Administration, University of Port Harcourt, has emerged as the Rivers State All Progressives Congress APC, Deputy Governorship Candidate and running mate to Arc. Tonye Cole, the Party’s Gubernatorial Candidate, for the 2023 elections.

Dr. Barikor, an Ogoni indigene from Gokana Local Government Area of Rivers State and a former House of Assembly member, who represeted Gokana Constituency in the Rivers State House of Assembly, was reportedly adopted unanimously by Rivers APC leaders and stakeholders, at a meeting held at the residence of former Transportation Minister and leader of the APC in the State, Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi, in Abuja.

Dr. Innocent Bariate Barikor, who served in the Rivere State House of Assembly from 2011 – 2015, received his doctoral degree in Political Science with emphasis on development studies from the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.

He lectured at the Rivers State College of Education and served as a supervisor at the Gokana local government council, before crossing over to the University of Port Harcourt to continue his academic career until 2010, when attained the position of Senior Lecturer in Political Science.

Dr. Barikor was appointed Rivers State Coordinator of the National Poverty Eradication Programme (NAPEP) by the President of Nigeria in 2014 and during his tenure, he developed and supervised innovative poverty reduction programmes such as COPE, Village Economic Development Solutions, Promise Keeper programme and others which have impacted on the Nigeria’s rural poor.

In 2007, Dr. Barikor led the Grassroots Empowerment Network (GEN) delegation to the South Africa Investment Summit held in Durban.

Hon. Dr. Innocent B. Barikor also served as the Rivers State Chairman, State Selection Committee (SSC), Special Public Works (SPW) program by the Federal Government’s 774,000 post-Coronavirus jobs Committee by President Buhari; a no-qualifications needed initiative of the Federal Government, funded by the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, to assist Nigerians in mitigating against the pandemic, with a three-month engagement, between October-December, 2020. Each local government was reportedly allotted 1,000.

As a development consultant, he has worked for numerous organizations including the Rivers State Sustainable Development Agency (RSSDA), where he consulted on the Agency’s Cassava Project between 2007 and 2008.

He also has served as Chairman of the Board of the Grassroots Empowerment Network and is expected to bring his vast experience and network as a renowned grassroots mobizer, into his new responsibility, as he pairs with Arch. Tonye Cole on the APC Rivers joint ticket for the Governorship election in 2023

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://flashpointnews.com/2022/06/28/2023-rivers-apc-picks-barikor-as-running-mate-to-cole/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjqiO7q-974AhUhx4UKHcU0D-wQFnoECAcQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3La9yS8GfpHfglgfcGuiNq

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Fergie001
Tutudesz
Seanfer
Chrixxx
Jaxxy
Jrusky
Esseite
Ojuntana
Kyase
Guzel
Chukel
Ken
Indispensable85
Okoroawusa
Afamed
Famology
Frowland
Ejimatic
Maasoap
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by garfield1: 11:00am On Jul 04, 2022
I love this combo.ijaw/ogonie.amechi is wise
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by Truthisunique2: 11:01am On Jul 04, 2022
Sure defeat

Na still court Dem go dey battle themselves with abe

2 Likes

Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by Ibironke4s: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2022
Nice choice
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by garfield1: 11:12am On Jul 04, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Sure defeat

Na still court Dem go dey battle themselves with abe

Abe is not in court son

1 Like

Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by Passionate888: 11:33am On Jul 04, 2022
This 7k Pol. Science guy? Girls hear am for him hand.

Amaechi picked not Tonye Cole.

Modified.

1 Like

Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by garfield1: 11:38am On Jul 04, 2022
Passionate888:
This 7k Pol. Science guy? Girls hear am for him hand.

Wike picked not Tonye Cole

He would bring ogoni votes
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by Passionate888: 11:42am On Jul 04, 2022
garfield1:

He would bring ogoni votes

Do you know about Gokana and Khana?

1 Like

Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by garfield1: 11:46am On Jul 04, 2022
Passionate888:

Do you know about Gokana and Khana?

Yes plus Khana,tai and eleme.him and amb oji ngofa will humiliate pdp
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by kcmichael: 11:53am On Jul 04, 2022
Rivers State guber Election result 2023
Apc= 183,530 PDP=120,940

1 Like

Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by garfield1: 11:55am On Jul 04, 2022
kcmichael:
Rivers State guber Election result 2023

Apc= 183,530
PDP=120,940

Hmmm.that's too small for rivers
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by Patrioticbreed9(m): 12:56pm On Jul 04, 2022
I will have to vote for apc then..
Deputy slot belongs to ogoni!
Pdp are you watching?
#ogonifordeputy! #OGmatters!.
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by garfield1: 1:02pm On Jul 04, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:
I will have to vote for apc then..

Deputy slot belongs to ogoni!

Pdp are you watching?

#ogonifordeputy!
#OGmatters!.

Up ogoni
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by Patrioticbreed9(m): 1:27pm On Jul 04, 2022
garfield1:

Up ogoni
OG lives matters bro!.
Its ogoni o'clock..
Where be your 422 like this?
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by Patrioticbreed9(m): 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2022
garfield1:

PDP go humble for Rivers 2023.
Infact wike self don give up.
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by Passionate888: 1:45pm On Jul 04, 2022
garfield1:

I'm asking you about the mistrust between Khana and Gokana
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by AwkaFinest: 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2022
garfield1:
I love this combo.ijaw/ikwerre.amechi is wise

Wrong. It's Ijaw/Ogoni
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by garfield1: 1:49pm On Jul 04, 2022
AwkaFinest:

Wrong. It's Ijaw/Ogoni

You are right
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by garfield1: 1:49pm On Jul 04, 2022
Passionate888:
I'm asking you about the mistrust between Khana and Gokana

Am not aware but they are in the same fed constituency and will deliver
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by garfield1: 1:50pm On Jul 04, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

He better decamps before its late
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by garfield1: 1:50pm On Jul 04, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

OG lives matters bro!.

Its ogoni o'clock..

Where be your 422 like this?

I dey choba
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by AwkaFinest: 1:53pm On Jul 04, 2022
garfield1:

You are right

Finally you are taking corrections. You were among those that said Ikwerre will rule Rivers for ever. No Riverine will rule Rivers State. Una eyes don clear. Change is coming in Rivers.
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by garfield1: 2:12pm On Jul 04, 2022
AwkaFinest:

Finally you are taking corrections. You were among those that said Ikwerre will rule Rivers for ever. No Riverine will rule Rivers State. Una eyes don clear. Change is coming in Rivers.

Me? You are mistaken.I have been calling for power shift to ogoni/riverine since 2015.
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by Patrioticbreed9(m): 2:38pm On Jul 04, 2022
garfield1:

I dey choba

Junction side, back of kilimanjaro and samies?

Na una dey enjoy that cheap, cheap food wey those aks women dey sell for night for front of everyday abi grin .
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by garfield1: 2:40pm On Jul 04, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

Junction side, back of kilimanjaro and samies?

Na una dey enjoy that cheap, cheap food wey those aks women dey sell for night for front of everyday abi grin .

Na Kilimanjaro I dey ho chop oh
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by Patrioticbreed9(m): 2:41pm On Jul 04, 2022
garfield1:

He better decamps before its late
A tiger and a lion cant be in the same party, amechi no go gree.
Wike is better off in pdp.

1 Like

Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by Patrioticbreed9(m): 2:44pm On Jul 04, 2022
garfield1:

Na Kilimanjaro I dey ho chop oh
Talk true u sure no be for linus grin? I hear say him beans dey hold belle sha grin
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by garfield1: 2:45pm On Jul 04, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

A tiger and a lion cant be in the same party, amechi no go gree.

Wike is better off in pdp.

Tinubu will push amechi out
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by Patrioticbreed9(m): 2:47pm On Jul 04, 2022
garfield1:

Tinubu will push amechi out
Dem no born am well! Except amaechi no be nwoeli.
Dem no dey cheat ikwerre man.
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by Passionate888: 3:20pm On Jul 04, 2022
garfield1:

Am not aware but they are in the same fed constituency and will deliver
Ok o
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by ImmaculateJOE(m): 3:29pm On Jul 04, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

Fubara has Igbo routes, infact in his LGA(Oppo) Igbo is linguial franka.
PDP is using that as an advantage to campaign in OBALGA, PHALGA and Oyibo... These three LGAs will give victory to PDP..
Re: Dr Tonye Cole Picks Dr Barikor As Running Mate by Penguin2: 3:46pm On Jul 04, 2022
ImmaculateJOE:

Fubara has Igbo routes, infact in his LGA(Oppo) Igbo is linguial franka.
PDP is using that as an advantage to campaign in OBALGA, PHALGA and Oyibo... These three LGAs will give victory to PDP..

I’m wondering how somebody is serious about winning an election in Rivers and he doesn’t have the Ikwerres/Igbo represented in his ticket.

It’s like somebody in Benue dreaming of winning without a Tiv in his ticket.

Or somebody dreaming of winning without the Igala represented in his ticket in Kogi.

But let’s see how that pans out sha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun Governorship Election Debate Live - Pdp Candidate Absent / After Obi Is Sworn In As President Of Nigeria , I Will Enlarge This Picture And / Obasanjo ‘desperately’ Envious Of Tinubu — Adamu Garba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.