Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,595 members, 7,840,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

The Aworis Are The Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Aworis Are The Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba (3299 Views)

FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku / 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos / Odumakin: Money Generated By Lagos Not Reflecting In The Lives Of Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Aworis Are The Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba by TopBanter: 8:26am On Nov 30, 2023
These people, of all Nigerians and even universally, are so predictably offensive. Only yesterday I commented about their offensive divide-and-conquer modus operandi the covetous and greedy people hope to profit from while others fight themselves over the division Igbos have caused deliberately and cynically.

Problem is that Yorubas are simply way more intelligent than Igbos to fall for their crude antics. Take any 10 face off between Yorubas and Igbos it will be 10-0 in favour of Yoruba. This their current madness and misadventure, led by the desperation to own Lagos will end in tears when the ultra-tolerant Yorubas have no choice but to boot them out as has happened in Ghana and many nations of the world where they caste their greedy and beady eyes over the assets of others.

As a parting shot challenge, Nigerians should find ten random Aworis on the street of any State and ask them which ethnic group they belong to. I of course know the answer they will give as I have many Awori friends.

Suffice to say Igbo , like the civil war and their IPOB misadventure, are on another road to perdition with them being the only one of over at least 200 ethnic groups in Lagos desperate to wrestle Lagos with the Yorubas rather than going to make their 5 SE States even better than Lagos which is possible if Igbos are peaceful and respectful rather than an unreasonable and pugnacious covetous people.

https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=7925108&post=127233844

TopBanter:

They are a people who specialize in finding what divides people to use as polarizing weapons they feel they can profit from eg “Yerooba Muslim” slur aimed at breaching the religious tolerance they the Igbos envy so badly but can never achieve because of their bigoted and intolerant nature.

They therefore feel there is profit in promoting intolerance amongst Yorubas they can use to create a toxic environment in the SW they would go on to take advantage of when Yoruba Christians and Moslems begin to fight each other murderously as obtain in the most religiously intolerant nations of the world.

They are known, from time immemorial, to always act in haste disruptively to regret their actions later.

2 Likes

Re: The Aworis Are The Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba by drlateef: 8:40am On Nov 30, 2023
ScamHunter:
If you go through history, you would understand that Lagos is Aworiland. The Aworis are from Benin. So the Bini have more claims to Lagos than any other tribe. In fact, if not for colonialism, Lagos should be a vassal of the Benin kingdom.

This is for those claiming that Lagos belongs to them. Yorubaland is Ile-Ife and Oyo and co. It doesn't extend to Lagos.

Please shut up and learn before talking. Aworis are yoruba from Ile Ife. As I yoruba, i can understand their dialect of yoruba easily. Foreigners should ef off Lagos ownership now.

1 Like

Re: The Aworis Are The Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba by TopBanter: 8:42am On Nov 30, 2023
Ttalk:

May gods fire your generation for delving into history you know nothing about. You will continue to fail just as you fail in your attempt to bring out separation where does not exit.

Enrol into LASU you'll be thought history of Lagos in GNS.

Your stupid distortion of history will ruin your generation and ease you from the surface of the earth.

They are such an offensive and shallow people lacking decorum and having no respect for boundaries all because of the love of money, land, cars and garish materialism.

They have no problem peddling wholesale lies, propaganda and outright fabrication so far as such suits their current pursuit or mission. Case in point "Buhari is dead and replaced by Jubrin from Sudan".

The heights of crude mischief that thoroughly disgraced Nigeria caused by one ethnic group who have a history of doing similar, i.e sabotaging Nigeria, ever since history of Nigeria began to be written and annotated.

A brave Nigerian President should find a permanent solution to the Igbo problem because they cannot be accommodated.

Ghana, South Africa, many nations of the world, and eve Wike in Nigeria have shown us this reality first-hand and Yorubas should take lessons from how they dealt with Igbos before the excesses of the Nzogbu Nzogbu people caused irreparable damage to their nation and peaceful co-existence of their people.

1 Like

Re: The Aworis Are The Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba by TopBanter: 9:12am On Nov 30, 2023
drlateef:

Please shut up and learn before talking. Aworis are yoruba from Ile Ife. As I yoruba, i can understand their dialect of yoruba easily. Foreigners should ef off Lagos ownership now.

I don't know how a grown ass man can open his mouth to be spouting outright and ridiculous fallacy simply because he covets what belongs to others.

I am yet to meet a substantial amount of Igbos with genuine integrity and enduring principles. Even their so-called intellectuals and technocrats begin acting like agbero rabble rousers when face-off against Yorubas is on the menu.

Like 'letter writer' Chimamanda and despicable and highly disrespectful Ezekwesili who deliberately kept calling our duly elected President "Senator Tinubu" as a sign of childish and misguided rebellion and disrespect for Tinubu's exalted positon that should not be found in a person of her education and technocratic exposure.

I just know Yorubas, the over-liberal ones, never listen and act and that will get us in trouble eventually.

I remember shouting myself hoarse years ago when dumb Yorubas used to say the hate between Yorubas and Igbo is online only and I used to insist it was not and that Igbos really hate, envy and despise us.

Look what happened when Obi ran to be President and Chinedu ran to be governor of Lagos. Imagine Obi as President today and Chinedu as Governor of Lagos.

I really worry for Yorubas and how we are not moving proactively, purposefully and deliberately to whittle down to a minimum the influence, in our land, of a people it is now proven beyond doubt hate us, have bad intentions for us and wish to actualize a hostile takeover at the expense of the interests of Yorubas?

I really don't know how it is not obvious to Yorubas they are dealing with sadistic and dangerous megalomaniacs when a koboless fan Yogo hawker can be bragging online he owns properties in Lagos and that Igbos control the state and are "enslaving " Yorubas in their own land. Is it not obvious this is what the penniless hack will seek to do if, per adventure, he becomes rich and influential?

I.e commandeer as much asset of Yorubas for his Igbo ethnic group and try to "enslave" Yorubas in their own land.

Abi is that not how 21 year old Chinasa Michael, an Obidient all the way from Anambra, burnt down BRT bus park in Lagos, causing untold damage, while mumu Yorubas like Falz and Macaroni will be telling you the hate is online only? Yorubas really need to be proactive and not reactionary. Oue leaders should take lessons from Wike.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Aworis Are The Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba by drlateef: 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2023
TopBanter:

I don't know how a grown ass man can open his mouth to be spouting outright and ridiculous fallacy simply because he covets what belongs to others.

I am yet to meet a substantial amount of Igbos with genuine integrity and enduring principles. Even their so-called intellectuals and technocrats begin acting like agbero rabble rousers when face-off against Yorubas is on the menu.

Like 'letter writer' Chimamanda and despicable and highly disrespectful Ezekwesili who deliberately kept calling our duly elected President "Senator Tinubu" as a sign of childish and misguided rebellion and disrespect for Tinubu's exalted positon that should not be found in a person of her education and technocratic exposure.

I just know Yorubas, the over-liberal ones, never listen and act and that will get us in trouble eventually.

I remember shouting myself hoarse years ago when dumb Yorubas used to say the hate between Yorubas and Igbo is online only and I used to insist it was not and that Igbos really hate, envy and despise us.

Look what happened when Obi ran to be President and Chinedu ran to be governor of Lagos. Imagine Obi as President today and Chinedu as Governor of Lagos.

I really worry for Yorubas and how we are not moving proactively, purposefully and deliberately to whittle down to a minimum the influence, in our land, of a people it is now proven beyond doubt hate us, have bad intentions for us and wish to actualize a hostile takeover at the expense of the interests of Yorubas?

I really don't know how it is not obvious to Yorubas they are dealing with sadistic and dangerous megalomaniacs when a koboless fan Yogo hawker can be bragging online he owns properties in Lagos and that Igbos control the state and are "enslaving " Yorubas in their own land. Is it not obvious this is what the penniless hack will seek to do if, per adventure, he becomes rich and influential?

I.e commandeer as much asset of Yorubas for his Igbo ethnic group and try to "enslave" Yorubas in their own land.

Abi is that not how 21 year old Chinasa Michael, an Obidient all the way from Anambra, burnt down BRT bus park in Lagos, causing untold damage, while mumu Yorubas like Falz and Macaroni will be telling you the hate is online only? Yorubas really need to be proactive and not reactionary. Oue leaders should take lessons from Wike.

You are 100% on point. I am not a tribal bigot. But when outsiders want to cheat and dispossess you, you have to be wise and territorial in your approach. Their antics all over the world is that of aggression and sense of entitlement. From Pakistan, yes I mean it, to Bangladesh, to Indonesia, to India, to South Africa, the igbo man is well known to be aggressive opportunistic title grabbing person who uses drug money to buy everything in sight and point his finger at your nose for being a mumu. They have many things in common with the jews. See what they have done to Palestinians. We will never allow that to happen in our land.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Aworis Are The Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba by dealslip(f): 4:03pm On Nov 30, 2023
ScamHunter:
If you go through history, you would understand that Lagos is Aworiland. The Aworis are from Benin. So the Bini have more claims to Lagos than any other tribe. In fact, if not for colonialism, Lagos should be a vassal of the Benin kingdom.

This is for those claiming that Lagos belongs to them. Yorubaland is Ile-Ife and Oyo and co. It doesn't extend to Lagos.

grin grin Now that its being repeated over and over again, that Aworis founded and own majority of Lagos, you have decided to change the narratives to Aworis are Benin, The Awori's are strictly of Yoruba stock. How can a land totally sorrounded by Yoruba lands belong to Bini? How did they jump Ondo, Oyo, Ogun to found a place in Lagos. For instance Onitsha has a greater proximity to Benin and the story that Benin found Onitsha make more sense if you look at the proximity between the two cities. By the way there was nothing called Lagos State until about six decades ago.
The Aworis own at least 60% of Lagos land. I am Awori and I am not from Benin. Our forefathers are Yorubas and we are proudly Yoruba not Benin. When you look into Benin Republic, you find the Yoruba speaking community proximity to Lagos lends credence to the fact that Lagos is Yoruba land. Even the Yoruba speaking part of Benin Republic like Porto Novo has more rights to ownership of Lagos than people from Onitsha and Benin. Even Benin Republic bounds Yorubaland with 4 states Namely lagos, Ogun, Oyo and Kwara.

I expect you to keep rehasing the vituperation because you want it to become the truth badly but we wont become Benin because you wish us to become.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Aworis Are The Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba by TopBanter: 5:18pm On Nov 30, 2023
drlateef:

You are 100% on point. I am not a tribal bigot. But when outsiders want to cheat and dispossess you, you have to be wise and territorial in your approach. Their antics all over the world is that of aggression and sense of entitlement. From Pakistan, yes I mean it, to Bangladesh, to Indonesia, to India, to South Africa, the igbo man is well known to be aggressive opportunistic title grabbing person who uses drug money to buy everything in sight and point his finger at your nose for being a mumu. They have many things in common with the jews. See what they have done to Palestinians. We will never allow that to happen in our land.

Bro, what Yorubas are doing is the equivalent of a supposedly intelligent adult going to find the baby of a wild animal in the thickest forest.

That baby wild animal may be cute and charming initially but same will devour you once fully grown, never mind that you fed and nurtured it to adulthood, because such is it's nature.

What Igbos do is their nature too otherwise, everywhere worldwide, you will not find them being the only folks who are a major, covetous and disruptive pain in the ass to their host.

Smart Yorubas will ask: how many ethnic groups in Lagos? Over 200 yet one alone give us problem consistently, claim to be "enslaving" us in our own land, mock us as lazy and unambitious plus even insolently tagged Lagos "no man's land" as a statement of covetous intent.

Many others, like the Edos and Calabars, have lived in Lagos for decades yet you hear no disruptive noise from them nor witness them engaged in divisive antics against Yorubas because those folks are simply happy to live, make progress and co-exist peacefully with their Yoruba host.

Yorubas naivete and lack of self-preservation nous, will be our undoing if we do not change because our tolerant and accommodating mien is fine with most normal folks but never Igbos who take that as weakness and the signal it is okay to "wo le si awon mumu yen ni ara".

They try same worldwide, from Ghana to Thailand, but are quickly rebuffed and put in their place. Yorubas really need to wise up and recognise the reality of Nigeria especially as pertains to Igbos.

1 Like

Re: The Aworis Are The Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba by TopBanter: 5:29pm On Nov 30, 2023
dealslip:

I expect you to keep rehasing the vituperation because you want it to become the truth badly but we wont become Benin because you wish us to become.

Gos bless you. It was the Nazi propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels who proclaimed "if you repeat a lie often enough it becomes the truth".

As if we don't know what the Igbos, the biggest and most cynical propagandists in Africa and even the world, want to achieve and the profit they seek from the many shameless lies they tell repeatedly.

I remember , during the time, many intelligent adults wide-eyed and telling me that "Buhari had been replaced by a clone from Sudan called Jubrin because Igbos had merciless bombarded the information space with the lie repeatedly. They actually believed the asinine hogwash.

The reality is that Igbos are a cynically dangerous people and more so against those who are naive, accommodating, tolerant, generous, trusting, open to sharing and good-spirited as most Yorubas are.

Mind you those are the very quality that makes them refer to Yorubas as "mumus" because they are never that way. They are the opposite and are a hard-nosed, intolerant, covetous, greedy, inhospitable, very discriminatory, cynical, opportunist and exploitative people who are unapologetically proud to be that way.

Re: The Aworis Are The Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba by Christistruth00: 5:45pm On Nov 30, 2023
It pains them so much that Lagos is Yorubaland that they cannot handle it

Awori are Full blown full blooded Yorubas
Who got swag on top

Oya!
Here are the Authentic Founders and Owners of Lagos

Olofin of Isheri Speaking
Go and find Yoruba Interpreter he is speaking Awori dialect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6-maXTYNSg?si=6IUYhEVQaI1hhtJZ
Re: The Aworis Are The Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba by Christistruth00: 6:04pm On Nov 30, 2023
ScamHunter:

Does Olofin Isheri look like an Edo Man to you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6-maXTYNSg?si=6IUYhEVQaI1hhtJZ

By the Way the Awori people were once under Alaafin of Oyo and it was even the Alaafin that was in Control of Badagry when the British Colonial Masters arrived

Ijebu and Egba Controlled everywhere else in Lagos except the Lagos Island

Even Iddo Island was under the Egbas

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Here Is Mother If Lagos Markets, Iya Oloja, Tinubu Daughter / Crowd Goes Wild As Peter Obi Arrives Gov Soludo’s ’one Year In Office’ Event / Why I Formed New Political Party —soyinka !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.