Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Relocate VS Start-up? I Have Decided To Establish A Start-up Here In Nigeria - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Relocate VS Start-up? I Have Decided To Establish A Start-up Here In Nigeria (1223 Views)

What Skills Do I Need To Establish A Career As A Machine Learning Engineer? / Must I Become A Programmer To Own A Start-up? / Serious Php/go/scala/python/javascript Developers Needed To Join A Start Up. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocate VS Start-up? I Have Decided To Establish A Start-up Here In Nigeria by Emeraldfynest(m): 7:17am On Jul 06, 2022
Alright, thanks.
realunclej:
Thanks for showing interest. I will keep in touch
Re: Relocate VS Start-up? I Have Decided To Establish A Start-up Here In Nigeria by motionarena: 8:27am On Jul 06, 2022
realunclej:
Earlier I asked in this forum if I should relocate or establish a start-up based on my situation. I got a lot of genuine advise for both options. It was really an eye opener. You can read about it here https://www.nairaland.com/7181099/should-relocate-work-remotely-developer

First I want to thank all the people that shared their opinion:
airsaylongcome
Maclink288
bet9ja
LikeAking
truthsayer009 (special thanks)
motionarena
satandeterrible
Playermaywed
jackcanfield

These guys were awesome. After I carefully went through these feedback and putting other factors into consideration I decided to stage a start-up here in Nigeria.

I have come to the conclusion that if I get the start-up right, it can take me to any part of the world.

My resolution is:

1. To build a start-up that can scale globally
2. To build a start-up that can attract at least $2Million pre-seed investment
3. To start small and scale bigger in a short span
4. To launch my start-up in early 2023
5. To get all relevant licenses and legal backing

To begin, I plan to join the Founder Institute (https://fi.co/) Lagos Fall 2022 to accelerate my start-up and boost my chance of getting funded. Although the $399 application fee is a bit high.

I can also use all the help I can get. I want to assemble one of the best team in terms of the governing body, developers and staff.

I am currently looking for a few Nigerians who are experienced in the following fields to join my team:
1. Flutter Engineer (2 persons)
2. Python Backend Engineer (2 persons)
3. Node.js Backend Engineer (2 persons)
4. Senior React Engineer (3)
5. DevOps & Cloud Engineer (2 persons)
6. DevTools Engineer (1 person)
7. Database Engineer (2 persons)
8. UX/UI Designer (2 persons)
9. Frontend Engineer - API Design, API Publishing, Design System, API Client (2 persons)
10. Market Researcher (at least 1 person per community)
11. Web Research & Content Creator (1000 persons)

For some of the positions above, I will hire international consultants to complement the skills of the team. This will be for the duration of the project leading to the launching. For some of the tasks, I will make some financial remuneration that is reasonably acceptable based on the person's skill level. But since this is a project that has not kick-off, there is limit to the level I can pay. If you are interested just indicate below.

I will be sharing my progress in this thread as a guide to others who may want to follow this path.

I will also appreciate any feedback from those who have followed this journey.
Am interested in joining the team as Devops Engineer
Re: Relocate VS Start-up? I Have Decided To Establish A Start-up Here In Nigeria by realunclej(m): 11:30am On Jul 06, 2022
motionarena:

Am interested in joining the team as Devops Engineer
Thanks for showing interest. I will keep in touch. Please keep in mind that I am deploying in the cloud
Re: Relocate VS Start-up? I Have Decided To Establish A Start-up Here In Nigeria by Ajibade123(m): 4:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
realunclej:
sure
I sent you a mail
Re: Relocate VS Start-up? I Have Decided To Establish A Start-up Here In Nigeria by realunclej(m): 8:19pm On Jul 07, 2022
Ajibade123:

I sent you a mail
ok I'll revert
Re: Relocate VS Start-up? I Have Decided To Establish A Start-up Here In Nigeria by numtums(m): 5:51pm On Jul 08, 2022
realunclej:
Earlier I asked in this forum if I should relocate or establish a start-up based on my situation. I got a lot of genuine advise for both options. It was really an eye opener. You can read about it here https://www.nairaland.com/7181099/should-relocate-work-remotely-developer

First I want to thank all the people that shared their opinion:
airsaylongcome
Maclink288
bet9ja
LikeAking
truthsayer009 (special thanks)
motionarena
satandeterrible
Playermaywed
jackcanfield

These guys were awesome. After I carefully went through these feedback and putting other factors into consideration I decided to stage a start-up here in Nigeria.

I have come to the conclusion that if I get the start-up right, it can take me to any part of the world.

My resolution is:

1. To build a start-up that can scale globally
2. To build a start-up that can attract at least $2Million pre-seed investment
3. To start small and scale bigger in a short span
4. To launch my start-up in early 2023
5. To get all relevant licenses and legal backing

To begin, I plan to join the Founder Institute (https://fi.co/) Lagos Fall 2022 to accelerate my start-up and boost my chance of getting funded. Although the $399 application fee is a bit high.

I can also use all the help I can get. I want to assemble one of the best team in terms of the governing body, developers and staff.

I am currently looking for a few Nigerians who are experienced in the following fields to join my team:
1. Flutter Engineer (2 persons)
2. Python Backend Engineer (2 persons)
3. Node.js Backend Engineer (2 persons)
4. Senior React Engineer (3)
5. DevOps & Cloud Engineer (2 persons)
6. DevTools Engineer (1 person)
7. Database Engineer (2 persons)
8. UX/UI Designer (2 persons)
9. Frontend Engineer - API Design, API Publishing, Design System, API Client (2 persons)
10. Market Researcher (at least 1 person per community)
11. Web Research & Content Creator (1000 persons)

For some of the positions above, I will hire international consultants to complement the skills of the team. This will be for the duration of the project leading to the launching. For some of the tasks, I will make some financial remuneration that is reasonably acceptable based on the person's skill level. But since this is a project that has not kick-off, there is limit to the level I can pay. If you are interested just indicate below.

I will be sharing my progress in this thread as a guide to others who may want to follow this path.

I will also appreciate any feedback from those who have followed this journey.
I'd love to join your team as a UI/ux designer. My contact is in my signature
Re: Relocate VS Start-up? I Have Decided To Establish A Start-up Here In Nigeria by Maclink288: 7:27pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hello,
This is so good to hear.
I'm interested in the UI/UX design position. I posted some of my works on my previous thread alongside a link to my portfolio.

This startup really has unique prospects. Cheers bro
Re: Relocate VS Start-up? I Have Decided To Establish A Start-up Here In Nigeria by Macheque: 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hello boss. I would like to indicate interest to join the team as a FLUTTER DEVELOPER
Re: Relocate VS Start-up? I Have Decided To Establish A Start-up Here In Nigeria by realunclej(m): 7:22am On Jul 09, 2022
numtums:

I'd love to join your team as a UI/ux designer. My contact is in my signature
I'll keep in touch

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tutorials On Vb6 / c / Learn Php In Less Than 3weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.