Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:54 AM

Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics (17973 Views)

Tinubu’s Supporters Are Punishing Themselves Over Sabinus – Fisayo Soyombo / Ajimobi Hasn’t Been Disconnected From Life Support But He's Gone- Fisayo Soyombo / 2019 Presidency: Atiku Is My Friend – Tinubu Issues Statement Ahead Of Saturday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by NakedTruth4eva: 2:29pm On Jul 05, 2022
APC should be crushed in 2023 cry

Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by Mccullum: 2:31pm On Jul 05, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
I still wise pass your papa supporting Tinubu and Atiku

shocked You can join my papa in the grave and compete with him, unfortunate one that's using legs to wake his parent while asleep. grin
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by Eniitankorede: 2:38pm On Jul 05, 2022
Businessmen who are successful know the best business leader, not a fake Obituary who collected fake online certificates from business schools all over the place, only to invest in poison called beer.

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by rcspy: 2:41pm On Jul 05, 2022
So a Nigerian citizen doesn't have a right to support his friend again. E be like say this Ori eyin people ti Yi mein.
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by iCauseTrouble: 2:42pm On Jul 05, 2022
OK. I wise pass your uncle then or any elder that is alive in your family
Mccullum:

shocked You can join my papa in the grave and compete with him, unfortunate one that's using legs to wake his parent while asleep. grin
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by Godispeace: 2:45pm On Jul 05, 2022
so who really care ?
otipoju:
True talk. Yes, today Femi Otedola is a billionaire and son of a former governor of Lagos State Sir Michael Otedola. So na still dem dem.

But at one time what he owned was a Printing press at Shomolu Bariga. It was patronage that made him and granted access to the Oil and Gas industry . So I can understand him going to pay homage to one of those that made life good and can make life hell for him.

So in turn youths and the masses should follow those who really care and want to make life good for them instead of those who just want to amass money and power for power sake and dont give two f**ks about their existence and use poverty as a weapon to keep them in servitude.

We want a Nigeria were you dont need to know anybody before you become successful. Your knowledge skills and abilities should be the major determinant of success.

The current Patronic way of doing things much change to a system were merit is key. To even join military in Nigeria you must know person whereas in USA you simply walk into a recruiting office that you find everywhere and fill forms, they do background, health and credit checks on you and you are good to go.
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by UncleJudax(m): 2:47pm On Jul 05, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Politics in Nigeria is about common interest among the political elites and never for common good of the masses.

Hope we get it right in 2023
Politics everywhere is about common interests. The problem is that in Africa, the politicians hardly do anything for the masses.
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by madjune(m): 2:49pm On Jul 05, 2022
Otedola has never had the interests of the Nigerian youth at heart.

Check his records. It's always been about business to him.
With all his money, is there any 5% of it devoted to an NGO created to ameliorate the sufferings of say, the homeless, orphans or widows?

That's what most billionaires do in the western world.
And, that helps to keep their economy running.

What this money miss road knows to do is, fly on his jet to Italy with his money miss road daughter just to buy ice cream, while his country burns.

And next time, you see him laughing foolishly inside Molue just to act like Undercover billionaire, thinking Legosians send him.

These days, people don't send him at all.

His money has always benefited only him and his interests.
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by Obyino: 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2022
The good people of Nigeria will decide
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by CommonSense1967: 2:54pm On Jul 05, 2022
Reyhzor:

It's not brother...
No Igbo man will vote for Rochas or Wike because they're more corrupt...

So APC didn't see Osibanjo abii before they selected Tinubu?
Or Pdp didn't see Sanusi Lamido to pick ahead of Atiku?
They're better men out there still they chose people that takes medication abroad

And Peter Obi-tuary is not corrupt? A man that invested govt money into his own family business?
Pandora papers are also there how he tried to hide money around the world.
He's nothing but a stingy Corrupt politician.
Pls tell us now now what has he done when he was thr Governor that sets him apart from other politicians.
I put it to you that Obi was a average or even below average Governor when compared to other Governors.
What out of the box ideas did he implemented or even brought in governance?
Nothing, you guys are supporting him simply because he's IGBO. Nothing more.
Pls list for is his achievements that sets him apart from others...we are waiting.. grin

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by MetaPhysical: 2:58pm On Jul 05, 2022
fregeneh:
gbamsolutely....its only unfortunate southerners that will not vote tinubu!

Me I wont vote him, even though I know he is next President.
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by obyrich(m): 3:06pm On Jul 05, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
If your Parents are still supporting APC or PDP, steal their PVC and throw it away. They are ignorantly destroying your future after they've had theirs.
Lol grin. Werey. grin
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by Reyhzor(m): 3:10pm On Jul 05, 2022
CommonSense1967:

And Peter Obi-tuary is not corrupt? A man that invested govt money into his own family business?
Pandora papers are also there how he tried to hide money around the world.
He's nothing but a stingy Corrupt politician.
Pls tell us now now what has he done when he was thr Governor that sets him apart from other politicians.
I put it to you that Obi was a average or even below average Governor when compared to other Governors.
What out of the box ideas did he implemented or even brought in governance?
Nothing, you guys are supporting him simply because he's IGBO. Nothing more.
Pls list for is his achievements that sets him apart from others...we are waiting.. grin

During his regime,he invited Sabmiller which is the second largest brewery in the world (Hero).
He left $500 million Dollars in investment as well as local and foreign currency, including $156 million in Dollar-denominated bonds. Some of the funds were used for the construction of Anambra state International Airport.
The State’s ground-breaking return of schools to their original owners – Voluntary Agencies (Churches) on 1st January 2009, and subsequent partnership with the Agencies in Education, saw the State move from 24th position out of 36 States to Number One.

The State was the first to procure and distribute more than 30,000 computers to secondary schools, including 22,500 from HP. The Managing Director for Personal Systems Group HP Inc, Mr. FabriceCampoy described the deployment as the biggest of such projects in the Middle-East and Africa.

More than 700 buses were provided to secondary schools in the State by our Government.(incase you need pictures/videos I can show you proof)

Numerous classrooms were built in all the 177 communities of the State.
His Government commenced the planned development of the Igbariam Campus of the ChukwuemekaOdumegwu-Ojukwu University, including the fencing, construction of internal roads, electrification, construction of the Faculty of Law, Auditorium, Administrative Block, Faculty of Agriculture, Management Building, among others).

His Administration conceived and built, from scratch, the first state-owned Teaching Hospital, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu teaching Hospital, Awka.

Through partnership with the Church in the Health sector, his Government funded the transformation of -:

a: Iyienu Hospital, Ogidi;
b: Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Ihiala;
c: St Charles Borromeo Hospital, Onitsha;
d: Holy Rosary Hospital, Waterside, Onitsha; and
e: St. Joseph Hospital, Adazi-Nnukwu.
His Government also built the Joseph Nwilo Heart Centre in St. Joseph, Adazi-Nnukwu, where heart operations are now being performed.

His Government won the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (1 Million dollars) as the best-performing state in immunisation in the South-East. With complementary funding from our Government, they used the money to build 10 Maternal and Child Care Centres across the State, particularly in rural communities, in partnership with the Churches.

The Nigerian Debt Management Office (DMO) rated Anambra as the least indebted state in Nigeria. In spite of visible and measurable achievements recorded in various sectors, the State under him did not borrow or raise bonds for her various projects.

For the first time in the history of Anambra State, Ambassadors and High Commissioners of notable countries such as United Stated, Britain, Russia, European Union, South Africa, Belgium, Israel, the Netherlands, Canada, among others, visited the State. Before my tenure, Anambra was practically a pariah state blacklisted by the Diplomatic Corps and international development partners.

By the end of his tenure in 2014, more than twelve (12) health institutions, including two hospitals, had secured accreditation; when we took off in 2006, no health institution in Anambra State was duly accredited.
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by Idaytesj29(m): 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2022
Join the Pi revolution before its too late.
Download the Pi app and start mining.
Use this Invitation code:
cowrycoins
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by CommonSense1967: 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2022
Reyhzor:

During his regime,he invited Sabmiller which is the second largest brewery in the world (Hero).
He left $500 million Dollars in investment as well as local and foreign currency, including $156 million in Dollar-denominated bonds. Some of the funds were used for the construction of Anambra state International Airport.
The State’s ground-breaking return of schools to their original owners – Voluntary Agencies (Churches) on 1st January 2009, and subsequent partnership with the Agencies in Education, saw the State move from 24th position out of 36 States to Number One.

The State was the first to procure and distribute more than 30,000 computers to secondary schools, including 22,500 from HP. The Managing Director for Personal Systems Group HP Inc, Mr. FabriceCampoy described the deployment as the biggest of such projects in the Middle-East and Africa.

More than 700 buses were provided to secondary schools in the State by our Government.(incase you need pictures/videos I can show you prove)

Numerous classrooms were built in all the 177 communities of the State.

His Administration conceived and built, from scratch, the first state-owned Teaching Hospital, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu teaching Hospital, Awka.

Through partnership with the Church in the Health sector, his Government funded the transformation of -:

a: Iyienu Hospital, Ogidi;
b: Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Ihiala;
c: St Charles Borromeo Hospital, Onitsha;
d: Holy Rosary Hospital, Waterside, Onitsha; and
e: St. Joseph Hospital, Adazi-Nnukwu.
His Government also built the Joseph Nwilo Heart Centre in St. Joseph, Adazi-Nnukwu, where heart operations are now being performed.

First, these are all basic things done by even a failed Governor in most states. Building roads, houses, hospitals are basic things done by even the worst of past and present Governors.
On his investment in a brewery company, that has turned out to be a very bad investment. The current value of his investment is now less than what he invested.
Secondly, he used this investment to enrich himself and his cohorts.
If this is the kind of brain that you guys wants to rule Nigeria, then that tells me that you people don't really care about good governance, all you care about is that the ruler is from your tribe.
End of story.
Bye

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by Reyhzor(m): 3:21pm On Jul 05, 2022
CommonSense1967:

First, these are all basic things done by even a failed Governor in most states. Building roads, houses, hospitals are basic things done by even the worst of past and present Governors.
On his investment in a brewery company, that has turned out to be a very bad investment. The current value of his investment is now less than what he invested.
Secondly, he used this investment to enrich himself and his cohorts.
If this is the kind of brain that you guys wants to rule Nigeria, then that tells me that you people don't really care about good governance, all you care about is that the ruler is from your tribe.
End of story.
Bye

My brother I live and I've worked at Hero company during my service year.
You don't believe everything you read.
I Can show you proof of anything you want because I still live at Odekpe where it's located.
I don't think you're following this at all.
I said no Igbo man will vote Rochas and Wike as Presidential aspirants.
By the way which state are you from?
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by otipoju(m): 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
Godispeace:
so who really care ?

Tinubu: steals the property belonging to Lagos state Polytechnic where students take lectures and converts it into a TV station belonging to him. He could have bought or used any other building.

Atiku: tasked with privatizing public corporations for better effeciency. Proceeds to sell all to himself and friends for dirt cheap. Lives in Dubai where there is high quality of life and comes to Nigeria when it is election period. When he loses, its off to Dubai again. Instigated ethno religious sectional violence as a means to put pressure on Obasanjo.

Peter Obi: was offered two plots of land as a sitting governor. Rejected both with a letter saying he is not in office for undue benefits but to serve. Focuses a lot on schools and hospitals as governor and till date goes around donating cash and equipment to achools and hospitals.

I wont tell you who cares...but you can decide yourself.
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by CommonSense1967: 3:38pm On Jul 05, 2022
Reyhzor:

My brother I live and I've worked at Hero company during my service year.
You don't believe everything you read.
I Can show you proof of anything you want because I still live at Odekpe where it's located.
I don't think you're following this at all.
I said no Igbo man will vote Rochas and Wike as Presidential aspirants.
By the way which state are you from?

Do you think if the likes of Fayose is running for President, do you think we Yorubas will support him like we are supporting Tinubu?
We didn't even fully support Obasanjo because he had nothing to show from when he was in government to warrant any such support.
Tinubu is older then Obi, but he's way ahead of him in terms of ideas, innovation, and out of the box ideas.
The only thing that I see going for Obi is that he's younger than all the other major candidates.
If we should remove age barrier then he lacks everything else that I look for in a candidate.

Anyone can make promises, but what have you delivered in the past is what matters. Your antecedents and precedents is all I need to know.
I'm a Yoruba man from Lagos State but I would have supported Tinubu even if I'm from Anambra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by Fiatena: 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2022
see below

Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by olatuns2017: 3:44pm On Jul 05, 2022

Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by Nosayer: 3:45pm On Jul 05, 2022
koonbey:

What Soyombo is saying is that Otedola's statement is based on personal interest, not necessarily the best for Nigerians at large, and that the masses need to follow their own interests

Impliedly, he's saying Tinubu isn't in the masses' best interest, but you people don't even read to understand before you jump and start calling people names, insulting some regions/states, and making accusations of tribalism or whatever. You're doing incredible damage to the candidate you're trying to promote and it's sad to watch.

Do you really think everyone online thinks deductively? Sometimes you just leave them alone. Ability to get a smartphone, access the internet, string sentences together and post comments on topics doesn't make one brilliant.
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by PHIPEX(m): 3:57pm On Jul 05, 2022
Hotfreezer:

In Buhari's tenure, I have made much more progress than I made previously. You see technology and payments has made more billionaires than ever before.
Every policy of government has its good and bad sides. If you keep looking at the problems instead of the opportunities, na your mumu be that.
If you wasted the last 8 years of your life, that is your problem.
Billionaires are made during war, people are making money from Boko Haram and bandit opeeations, should we continue to fight because of it? If you are lucky to have escaped the disaster of the last 8years, don't be selfish
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by Reyhzor(m): 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2022
CommonSense1967:

Do you think if the likes of Fayose is running for President, do you think we Yorubas will support him like we are supporting Tinubu?
We didn't even fully support Obasanjo because he had nothing to show from when he was in government to warrant any such support.
Tinubu is older then Obi, but he's way ahead of him in terms of ideas, innovation, and out of the box ideas.
The only thing that I see going for Obi is that he's younger than all the other major candidates.
If we should remove age barrier then he lacks everything else that I look for in a candidate.

Anyone can make promises, but what have you delivered in the past is what matters. Your antecedents and precedents is all I need to know.
I'm a Yoruba man from Lagos State but I would have supported Tinubu even if I'm from Anambra.

Tinubu is the person that convinced Nigeria to vote Buhari, since then he Didn't contribute to his government according to the supporters because Buhari failed.
Now he's back again with the same promise he made .
Who's fooling who.
He's among those that brought Nigeria to this Level
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by fredoooooo: 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
He supports whats goid for him , you can support whatever you want too
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by allicare: 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2022
Tenses:
If it's about business, I think Peter Obi stands out among the bunch.

What exactly has mr. Tinubu built from the scratch?

Don't let stupidity make you say Lagos state.

When it comes to business Mr. Obi has seen it all and became a billionaire while mr. Tinubu is a bullionaire through politics so mr. Otedola is just playing a tribal card.

Besides, a Tinubu presidency is not bad but right now we deserve better.
What has your candidate built from the scratch ? we heard he was a billionaire at a relatively young age through what means. Have you probe his breakthrough. His past doesn't matter to u because u ar e a tribal bigot. continue deceiving yourself Idiot
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by numericalguy(m): 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2022
Na wa for this Tinubu sef

Everyone is just supporting him.

The masses are supporting him
The rich are supporting him
The southerners are supporting him
The northerners re supporting him
The international community are supporting him

Why why why why.....
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by LocalMan2(m): 5:07pm On Jul 05, 2022
Pls look at the picture again.. Just look at the person that wants to rule this big country. Bat look more of childrens toy. Tinubu supporters are wicked.
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by Allisgud: 5:13pm On Jul 05, 2022
They are all doing it for bizness purpose who knows how much Lagos money tilumbu has hidden in otedola company
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by fregeneh(m): 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Me I wont vote him, even though I know he is next President.
why wont you vote him. And if you dont vote him how will he become the next president of nigeria?
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by teejoyz: 6:09pm On Jul 05, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
If your Parents are still supporting APC or PDP, steal their PVC and throw it away. They are ignorantly destroying your future after they've had theirs.

But if Pandora had won PDP primary you would have changed the topic
Re: Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics by MetaPhysical: 6:15pm On Jul 05, 2022
fregeneh:
why wont you vote him. And if you dont vote him how will he become the next president of nigeria?

Emi L'okan does not need me to become President of Nigeria. grin

Even if Tinubu no campaign, the man will win. How do I know this?

In his role as godfather, Tinubu will never choose and support Atiku Abubakar as governor in any state. The highest capacity will be an aide to a commissioner.

Atiku Abubakar has been in politics a while and acquired many mileages but he has not yet broken out of the pack mentality and establish a Atiku brand of politics. People Tinubu mentored, like Aregbe, Ambode, Fashola, each have created a brand.

You know you have a brand when your own godfather start to be wary and fear your strategy against him. Tinubu is silently wary of what Aregbe could do...or how Ambode might trip him....or Fashola might oppose him.

Tinubu fear each of these acolytes more than he fears Atiku as a competitor. It's because Atiku does not have a political brand.

Likewise, Tinubu as godfather would probably appoint Obi in same position Igbokwe is today, as head of a clan for indirect influence of a ethnic group. Obi is a super hero in SE, in West Tinubu would never put him a governor or even commissioner like he did Akabueze. Obi would probably be appointed trade leader for ASPAMDA or Ladipo.

Tinubu has advanced gift in political strategy. I mean, look how he outsmarted Buhari and Adamu at the primary.

I bow to the godfather of godfathers! Asiwaju of Africa.

I remain patriotic to my Yoruba Nation, not Tinubu. I will speak and praise him online but Im not voting anyone.

Yoruba Nation on my mind!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Manifesto: Tinubu Vows To Allocate More Funds To States, LGs / Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable / 2023 UTME: UNILORIN, UNILAG, LASU, Emerge Most Preferred Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.