Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into (73191 Views)

What Schools Need To Do As They Await Resumption / Look At The New Trend Some Schools Are Getting Into - A Must See!!! / See What Schools In The USA Are Doing To Prevent Mass Shootings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by afbstrategies: 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2022
shocked
Funny how we are ignorant when teachers are doing their best for their students in this modern age.

My daughter has been having pajamas Day in her school for years here in the states without any problem.

Let kids be kids and they will grow up with amazing memories when they look back.

12 Likes

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Blizzy300: 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2022
TF? undecided
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Stae(f): 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2022
There's nothing wrong with this Sir. It's just a way to allow the kids unwind and have fun.

The schools I've worked in always do pajamas party every session and it has always been fun.

1 Like

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Babalola0920: 6:21pm On Jul 05, 2022
khingTony:
I’ll blame Buhari for this

Everyone wants to do something new, something fun, something crazy just to get his or her mind away from the hardship Buhari has subjected Nigerians to.

But in 2023, we are going to get it right, we’re not going to reward the oldies with a seat in aso rock. rather, we’ll retire them forever.

Peter Obi for president 2023

Peacesmiley

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by 1gbdata: 6:23pm On Jul 05, 2022
See you there
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by ufotunang: 6:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
prophetwis:
Nothing wrong with this, it is a practical way of teaching kids norms and ethics, the school is trying to teach on sleeping and wares to the kids.
..to teach a child on sleeping and on what a child should wear to sleep it's the responsibility of the parents... school is to impact knowledge on a student.or kids....95% of training and discipling of a child and the morals , good character of a child should come from the parents..it's the parents responsibility

2 Likes

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Godispeace: 6:25pm On Jul 05, 2022
See IPOB fuuul shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
khingTony:
I’ll blame Buhari for this

Everyone wants to do something new, something fun, something crazy just to get his or her mind away from the hardship Buhari has subjected Nigerians to.

But in 2023, we are going to get it right, we’re not going to reward the oldies with a seat in aso rock. rather, we’ll retire them forever.

Peter Obi for president 2023

Peacesmiley
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Mumusaphire: 6:26pm On Jul 05, 2022
Greatzeus:
Anything to exploit the parents. Most of these school owners are clueless about how a school should be run
parents caused many of it. Once schools cant discipline child again, they will allow them to spoil completely.
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by cunny88(m): 6:26pm On Jul 05, 2022
I don't see anything educative in telling kids to appear in pyjamas. As a parent I find it a thoughtless idea

2 Likes

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by pek(m): 6:27pm On Jul 05, 2022
prophetwis:
Nothing wrong with this, it is a practical way of teaching kids norms and ethics, the school is trying to teach on sleeping and wares wears to the kids.
. Last I checked,pyjamas is for sleeping. It is neither a work nor professional wear. It is even ethically wrong to be seen in your pyjamas

2 Likes

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by descartes400: 6:29pm On Jul 05, 2022
prophetwis:
Nothing wrong with this, it is a practical way of teaching kids norms and ethics, the school is trying to teach on sleeping and wares to the kids.

What have they been learning from their parents at home? Ten ten? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Yves4real(f): 6:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
And the children who don't have pyjamas and sleep with short knickers and singlets covered with moms' wrappers will stay away from school today because their parents can't afford duvets and pyjamas.
Ok oh.

2 Likes

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by biggy4joe(m): 6:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
Illegal money!!!Only those with illegal funds will support dis...People are trying to survive in dis shithole and u r bringing more billings on parents and u people don't see anything wrong in that,as in I don't understand.....Dis country get mad issues I swear

1 Like

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by GistFullGround: 6:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
It's done here in the USA. Una too dey copy-copy
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Toks2008(m): 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2022
Okobola146:
See what schools are turning into. Our problems are deep-seated, beyond politics.

Bush man

1 Like

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by codelearner: 6:32pm On Jul 05, 2022
Is there anything wrong with wearing PJ to school when the school ask for ?

Still trying to know what this topic is doing on the front page

1 Like

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by dochenaj: 6:36pm On Jul 05, 2022
etrange:
Sad. Self hatred has eaten deep into the citizens. I don't stay in the country, but I've heard some Nigerians who recently moved to where I am telling people of other nationalities how the country is the worst place in the world. Even when a foreigner tries to appreciate anything Nigerian, Nigerians would quickly remind them that those things aren't worth the appreciation. And guess what, many of these so-called foreigners are from Caribbean countries.
Well you should come spend a month in Nigeria maybe you can be more appreciative of the mess.

1 Like

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by immortalcrown(m): 6:38pm On Jul 05, 2022
prophetwis:
No good lesson is bad to be taught in schools. But if a school should teach kids something that is as domestic as bed manners, the parents of the kids have failed. It means the only thing the parents do is to give birth to the kids and use money to outsource every other parental responsibility. Soon, nursery-school kids will begin to live in hostels, meeting their parents only on vising days and on holidays. There are things that are more school-related which the school management should focus on, not pyjamas.

2 Likes

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by judedwriter(m): 6:39pm On Jul 05, 2022
All work and no play, makes Jack and Jane dull kids...

Let the children play smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Jefferyhi86(m): 6:40pm On Jul 05, 2022
Lagos schools with there stupidity, in dat day my pikin go stay huz. How many adulthood de wear pyjamas grin
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Image123(m): 6:40pm On Jul 05, 2022
cheesy Pyjamas day? It's normal for nursery and preschool in standard schools to have Pyjamas because they use it every day to sleep in school grin
There's no need for a day to be dedicated to it, and it's not news. Una too like sufferhead and lack of exposure for this country.
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by tnerro1(m): 6:40pm On Jul 05, 2022
Those that attended government schools and local schools will not understand this grin

5 Likes

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by VULCAN(m): 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2022
Take your child to work that day.

They will learn about more about life observing you at work than going for Pyjamas Day

1 Like

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by FullBlastLight: 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2022
prophetwis:

...and u think as time goes on, they wldn't learn it on their own by common sense? Huh?
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by GEEBITE: 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2022
They actually copied it from UK. There is a day dedicated especially for KGs to wear it to school. it is to encourage the proper night habit. no big deal.
Greatzeus:
Anything to exploit the parents. Most of these school owners are clueless about how a school should be run
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by FullBlastLight: 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2022
etrange:
What's the problem exactly? This isn't a Buhari or Nigerian thing. Many schools abroad incorporate such fun activities into nursery education a lot. Anything that makes the idea of schooling fun, safe and healthy is OK. A day set out to play seems fun. I'm sure most people would find it cool if it were a US school doing this. The other day, we read about a Chinese school that has adjustable chairs so that pupils can sleep, and front page people were calling out Nigeria for creating "work-only" environment for our kids. Now a Nigerian school is doing something fun, and people are calling them out for not knowing what proper education should be like. Nigerians just hate anything Nigerian.

Ogar, 4get story & lengthy dissertation, there's nothing reasonable in wearing nightgown or pyjamas 2 sch!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
This is not bad nah especially for nursery kids. There are many activities like career day , fruits day, culture day, color day , girl child day etc. Children learn by what they see.

I remember when I was in lower primary section we taught culture and two days was set aside to practice all aspects of Culture. Children were told to dress in their native attire and to bring their native delicacies to school. I miss those days smiley

Schools are trying their best to create practicals for every topics in the syllabus so don't ruin their efforts as parents.
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by therajah: 6:50pm On Jul 05, 2022
Greatzeus:
Where's the exploitation here?
This is practised so well America, Canada
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by therajah: 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2022
Normal and fun!!
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by sprints1: 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2022
ugodson:
Personally i see nothing wrong here. Is just for them to have fun and let some kids buy cos some dont even know what is used for or some dont even have.
So please let the kids have some fun
u won't see anything bad there till the day they introduce world LGBTQ day u go know whatsup

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Highest JAMB Scorers In The Last 10 Years / Project Materials And Topics Alternative For All Dept / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.