Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into (73202 Views)

What Schools Need To Do As They Await Resumption / Look At The New Trend Some Schools Are Getting Into - A Must See!!! / See What Schools In The USA Are Doing To Prevent Mass Shootings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by armyofone(m): 8:08pm On Jul 05, 2022
Arielle:

What exactly is your problem? Children can't have innocent fun again? Must you moan about everything? Killjoy!

Because they don't want to spend in the process of impacting knowledge.
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by TemmyT002(m): 8:09pm On Jul 05, 2022
LoL
There is nothing wrong with this nau.
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 05, 2022
Yes you are right.Nigerians hate anything nigerian even nigerian animals especially dogs..They believe Nigerian local dogs are less better and less smarter than foreign dogs,which is not really true..
Western media has seriously brainwashed Nigerians to make them feel inferior..
etrange:

Of course, everyone has grudges against thier government. The problem is when you believe that everything from your country is inferior to others, even non man-made things like lizards. Even that your American friend is not likely to tell you thier stuff are inferior especially when they clearly aren't. They only complain because they should be better off and that's valid. It's totally different from the case I pointed out up there. A couple of days ago, a thread appeared on the front page where the OP was trashtalking Nigerian lizards insisting Caribbean lizards are better. Lizards! Lmao.

We may not have everything but we have a rich culture. Our food and lifestyle aren't necessarily inferior. This idea of having a fun day in school would be praised by this same OP if the school was in Sweden or Scotland (just like they praised the Chinese school yesterday). But since it's a Nigerian school, it should be criticized. For such people, it's not really about the concept in question but about the belief that if it's Nigerian, it ain't good enough. That is what I'm talking about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by etrange: 8:15pm On Jul 05, 2022
FullBlastLight:

Ogar, 4get story & lengthy dissertation, there's nothing reasonable in wearing nightgown or pyjamas 2 sch!

You don't know a thing about the psychology of nursery education. One of the major goals of nursery schools is to get the kids interested in what's ahead of them and schools are obliged to do this by any means morally acceptable. In this case, the idea is to make the school environment fun on that specific day. By asking the kids to put on PJ's which they only wear in the comfort of thier homes, they aim to to make the school more home-like and reduce the distinction between thier cozy homes and the the academic/formal school settings dreaded by some of them. Such things work like magic on kids that are afraid of school settings.

This is just for a day and it's not even uncommon. What is the fuss about? Will the kid be exposed or embarrassed? Do normal school uniforms cover them more than PJ's? If the final goal is achieved, based on what exactly are you criticizing the approach? Just give me one logical reason. Because it is called PJ? Or because it's done in Nigeria? Please, y'all should relax.

1 Like

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by dmk23: 8:17pm On Jul 05, 2022
Greatzeus:
Anything to exploit the parents. Most of these school owners are clueless about how a school should be run

I feel that most of them just establish schools because they are hungry, no vision what so ever in mind. And some will treat their staffs so badly too all in the name of private school.
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Trojan8(m): 8:22pm On Jul 05, 2022
Greatzeus:
Anything to exploit the parents. Most of these school owners are clueless about how a school should be run

Where is the exploitation in that memo? The way some of you reason sha
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by SamOchuko: 8:28pm On Jul 05, 2022
Okobola146:
See what schools are turning into. Our problems are deep-seated, beyond politics.

They’re not asking you to pay for anything so what is the problem? Don’t your kids have pajamas? Don’t you have duvet at home? Won’t the pajamas and duvet be for yourself and your kids if you decide to get new ones for yourselves? You day beef the school so decide to drag them?
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Tundex911: 8:32pm On Jul 05, 2022
All this always start from lag

Fuvk
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by mcebiakpo: 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2022
prophetwis:
Nothing wrong with this, it is a practical way of teaching kids norms and ethics, the school is trying to teach on sleeping and wares to the kids.

Sense dey your head
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by ASIWAJULEMIFORS: 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2022
Could it be pyjama day. instead of pyjamas day ?

Pls remove S because pyjama is a modifier s is not added to pyjama in that sense .
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Itunup(f): 8:53pm On Jul 05, 2022
God bless you ����

[color=#550000][/color]
prophetwis:
Nothing wrong with this, it is a practical way of teaching kids norms and ethics, the school is trying to teach on sleeping and wares to the kids.
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Perfectbeing(m): 8:56pm On Jul 05, 2022
The average Nigeria would not complain if this was done in an American or UK school..

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Okobola146: 8:57pm On Jul 05, 2022
SamOchuko:

They’re not asking you to pay for anything so what is the problem? Don’t your kids have pajamas? Don’t you have duvet at home? Won’t the pajamas and duvet be for yourself and your kids if you decide to get new ones for yourselves? You day beef the school so decide to drag them?
stfu
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Biodun1929(m): 8:59pm On Jul 05, 2022
Samskid310:
I wanted to be the first to comment but due to high rate of unemployment, it seems some people sleep here�

LMAO! You made me laugh out loud. I wasn't expecting this comment. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by luluman: 9:20pm On Jul 05, 2022
etrange:
What's the problem exactly? This isn't a Buhari or Nigerian thing. Many schools abroad incorporate such fun activities into nursery education a lot. Anything that makes the idea of schooling fun, safe and healthy is OK. A day set out to play seems fun. I'm sure most people would find it cool if it were a US school doing this. The other day, we read about a Chinese school that has adjustable chairs so that pupils can sleep, and front page people were calling out Nigeria for creating "work-only" environment for our kids. Now a Nigerian school is doing something fun, and people are calling them out for not knowing what proper education should be like. Nigerians just hate anything Nigerian.

I'm with you. School learning is not only about pencils and biros.
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by TruthinAction: 9:20pm On Jul 05, 2022
Very soon, they will have underwear day. shocked sad embarassed

1 Like

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by luluman: 9:22pm On Jul 05, 2022
Okobola146:
See what schools are turning into. Our problems are deep-seated, beyond politics.
I wonder what type of orientation you had about school. Creativity is the beat Avenue to learn not the regimented stereotypes method you know.This is 21st century.
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by luluman: 9:23pm On Jul 05, 2022
Zonefree:
Misplaced priority undecided
You are such an Olodo. You can make children learn more from different ways of interaction among themselves.
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Awise09(m): 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
prophetwis:
They should level that to their parents.
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by gr8child(m): 9:26pm On Jul 05, 2022
What’s wrong with this. It’s a fun event for nursery schoolers.
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by brainhgeek(m): 9:40pm On Jul 05, 2022
prophetwis:
One sensible human being spotted!
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by cococandy(f): 9:56pm On Jul 05, 2022
I’m surprised righteousness hasn’t said it’s from the devil. Lol
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by obailala(m): 9:56pm On Jul 05, 2022
Okobola146:
What are the schools turning into? Your message is vague.
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Okobola146: 10:10pm On Jul 05, 2022
obailala:
What are the schools turning into? Your message is vague.
unvague it now, Professor sabi sabi
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Okobola146: 10:11pm On Jul 05, 2022
luluman:
I wonder what type of orientation you had about school. Creativity is the beat Avenue to learn not the regimented stereotypes method you know.This is 21st century.
no, I thought it was 10th century
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Akharmony: 10:11pm On Jul 05, 2022
it calles Education and it should cut across every speres of life. . I strted wearing Pyjamas since whn i was a child and up to my adulthood i still comfortably put on my pyja at night even my wifes Pjjmas deh burst my brain.
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by helppartner: 10:35pm On Jul 05, 2022
If you're looking for how to authenticate or evaluate your documents In Nigeria,
You don't need any agent to go through this for you!

This video is detailed enough to help you go through the process By YOURSELF on your phone.

Don't let anyone bill you for simple things you can do by yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDS4bdlu2r8
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by obailala(m): 10:40pm On Jul 05, 2022
Okobola146:
unvague it now, Professor sabi sabi
Unvague what exactly? What you posted was vague; i.e. it didnt exactly make any sense, and you didnt care to even explain your point or your grievance.

But now you ask me to "unvague it"? Am I supposed to be in your head to know what you thinking?

1 Like

Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by fineberry(m): 10:44pm On Jul 05, 2022
And those that do not have pjamas!!!
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Sunny2034: 10:51pm On Jul 05, 2022
Okobola146:

Ikorodu schools wanna feel funky
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by sinola(m): 10:52pm On Jul 05, 2022
wahala for kids wey no get pyjamas
Re: Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into by Okobola146: 10:55pm On Jul 05, 2022
obailala:
Unvague what exactly? What you posted was vague; i.e. it didnt exactly make any sense, and you didnt care to even explain your point or your grievance.

But now you ask me to "unvague it"? Am I supposed to be in your head to know what you thinking?

see joblessness, go get a job and get busy jo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) / Project Materials And Topics Alternative For All Dept / Topless Mentally Unstable Lady Disrupts Lecture In UNIBEN (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.