Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar (1235 Views)

3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages / Daddy Freeze To Start Preaching On TV Against Tithing (Video) / Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by OkCornel(m): 6:24pm On Jul 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Obviously, your ears are not working either! grin

We are still awaiting scriptural or historical references supporting monetary tithing in the gentile church.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:32pm On Jul 06, 2022
Engr2016:
Another major area in which prosperity preachers are making serious error in the matter of tithe is what they actually do with the gathered tithes.
TITHE IS NOT FOR:
1. Tithe should not be used to build your personal empire
2. Tithe should not be used to acquire wealth and riches
3. Tithe should not be diverted outside the church to start business ventures
4. Tithe should not be used to buy mansions and private jets
5. Tithe should not be used for building glamorous cathedrals, auditoriums etc
5. In conclusion , even if you must collect tithes , it should strictly be used to do what the scriptures stipulates . Anything outside of this amounts to disobedience, heresy and greed.

Tithe should not be mentioned at all in the gathering of little christs (Christians) because neither Christ nor his church had anything to do with material tithing! smiley

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Dtruthspeaker: 6:35pm On Jul 06, 2022
OkCornel:

We are still awaiting scriptural or historical references supporting monetary tithing in the gentile church.

Lo, here lies the mad repeater general and last word chaser of Nairaland,
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by OkCornel(m): 6:52pm On Jul 06, 2022
When someone has absolutely nothing useful to add to the discussion or counter a position, it's so obvious.

Empty barrels indeed make loudest noise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:34pm On Jul 06, 2022
OkCornel:

When someone has absolutely nothing useful to add to the discussion or counter a position, it's so obvious. Empty barrels indeed make loudest noise

The group name "CHRISTIANS" sounds good to most people because it's clear that in the first century Jew bearing that group name were virtuous individuals back then.
But what most people failed to know is that the first century followers of Christ proved to be fully competent and completely equipped {2Timothy 3:17} in handling God's word with mild temper and deep respect {1Peter 3:15} just like their teacher Jesus! Act 4:13 smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Engr2016: 7:59pm On Jul 06, 2022
As far as I know it in the Bible that I have read read back to back for several years by the grace of GOD, I believe tithe is not commanded for Christians at all but whoever want to still insist on practicing it must do so in the exact way it was commanded unlike what prosperity preachers are doing.

MaxInDHouse:

Tithe should not be mentioned at all in the gathering of little christs (Christians) because neither Christ nor his church had anything to do with material tithing! smiley
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:32pm On Jul 06, 2022
Engr2016:
As far as I know it in the Bible that I have ready back to back for several years by the grace of GOD, I believe tithe is not commanded for Christians at all but whoever want to still insist on practicing it must do so in the exact way it was commanded unlike what prosperity preachers are doing.

Practicing it is CRIME if you're not a Jew because the COVENANT God established that brought tithing is only with the nation of Israel, it's Christ that preached and send his followers to go and preach to people like you and i.
So nothing connects you to tithing since Jesus through whom God established a COVENANT with people of other nations never practiced tithing nor taught his followers to practice it in the New Covenant.
So it's tantamount to adding to what you were taught nobody taught you tithing in Christ Jesus! smiley
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Engr2016: 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2022
The argument is needless bro. Why? Simply because we are saying the same thing but in different ways. Can anyone even practice tithing fully without the Levitical priesthood or Jerusalem temple or Tabernacle in Shiloh? The answer is no! So that's why I stated if anyone wants to practice it, it must be done based on the scriptural requirement. But this is practically difficult if not totally impossible currently. The modern day Jews knows this very well and that's why they don't pay any tithe today. What they normally do is to contribute to the support of their synagogues but not tithe is involved.

MaxInDHouse:

Practicing it is CRIME if you're not a Jew because the COVENANT God established that brought tithing is only with the nation of Israel, it's Christ that preached and send his followers to go and preach to people like you and i.
So nothing connects you to tithing since Jesus through whom God established a COVENANT with people of other nations never practiced tithing nor taught his followers to practice it in the New Covenant.
So it's tantamount to adding to what you were taught nobody taught you tithing in Christ Jesus! smiley
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
Engr2016:
The argument is needless bro. Why? Simply because we are saying the same thing but in different ways. Can anyone even practice tithing fully without the Levitical priesthood or Jerusalem temple or Tabernacle in Shiloh? The answer is no! So that's why I stated if anyone wants to practice it, it must be done based on the scriptural requirement. But this is practically difficult if not totally impossible currently. The modern day Jews knows this very well and that's why they don't pay any tithe today. What they normally do is to contribute to the support of their synagogues but not tithe is involved.

The highlighted are part of those who received the law to pay and collect TITHES among their own brothers {Hebrews 7:5} not gentiles, that's what i'm saying. So if anyone wants to practice it today they're on their own! smiley
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Engr2016: 9:37pm On Jul 06, 2022
Agreed!
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted are part of those who received the law to pay and collect TITHES among their own brothers {Hebrews 7:5} not gentiles, that's what i'm saying. So if anyone wants to practice it today they're on their own! smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apostle Joshua Selman Shuts Down AO Arena For Jesus / Winners Or Ydi / Proove It! Is Quran Really God's Word And Not Man's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.