Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,831 members, 7,813,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar (1227 Views)

3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages / Daddy Freeze To Start Preaching On TV Against Tithing (Video) / Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Engr2016: 1:52pm On Jul 05, 2022
Published By: Ademola Adegbamigbe (PUNCH NEWSPAPER)
5th July, 2022

Like Creflo Dollar, the American preacher, several Nigerian pastors also do not believe or preach tithing, unlike other Pentecostals who make tithing one of their cardinal doctrines.

One of them is Pastor Sam Adeyemi, founder and president of Daystar Christian Center. His position is that God did not tell anybody to pay tithe.

If you are paying it, it is because you chose to do it, it is not compulsory, he said.

On Sunday, 25 February 2022, he told his congregation: “People should not give out of fear.” As reported by Church Times, Adeyemi said he personally took interest in the tithe debate, did a lot of studies and concluded that God is not angry with anybody that does not pay tithe nor is the person under any form of curse.

“I have been following the tithe debate. I discovered that it has been an age-long debate and it will be on for a long time.

“My first observation is that church people are behaving as if we own the word tithe. We don’t own the word. It is an English word. I want to say clearly that tithe, as practised under the law of Moses, has expired. The death and resurrection of Jesus have put paid to it. It has expired.”

“All the requirements of the law were satisfied under Christ” adding however that “It is a gamble to say Jesus never paid tithe. The fact that it was not written that Jesus paid tithe does not mean he did not do it. I can also claim that Jesus did not go to the toilet because it is not written. Eighteen years of his life were not recorded in the Bible. When he was born his parents satisfied the requirements of the law. John 21v25 says there are many things he did that were not recorded. Jesus did not say it was wrong to pay tithe in his day.”
Adeyemi noted further: “The law of the spirit of life in Christ has made us free. Romans 8 tells us that we are free. No Christian should feel guilty for not paying tithe. There is nothing you can add to what Jesus did to be qualified before God. When Jesus said it is finished it was finished. Gal 3v13 says Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law. A Christian is not cursed because he or she did not pay tithe. A Christian should not give out of fear. A Christian should give out of love. We are free from guilt, from fear. We are in a dispensation of grace.”

Another preacher who is in the same boat with Dollar is Nigerian born Pastor Sunday Adelaja, founder and president of The Embassy of the Blessed Kingdom of for all Nations with his headquarters in Ukraine. He said he does not collect Tithe from his member because it is not Biblical. He argued, “Matthew 23v23 is not addressed to the followers of Jesus. He was talking to the Pharisee. And he was not asking them to pay money tithe. He was saying they pay tithe of mint, dill and cumin, not money tithe.

“There is no place in the scripture where money is paid as tithe. The only place where money is allowed is in Deut. 14v22-28 where the Lord says the people can exchange their tithe for money in case the products they are carrying are too heavy for them and that they should eventually use the money to buy what they like and eat. That is the only place where tithe is mentioned in connection to money.”

Adelaja explained, “I don’t believe tithing is commanded in the New Testament. We are under no obligation to pay tithe. Nobody should force you to pay tithe. But on your own, you pay out of love.”

There is also Pastor Femi Aribisala, the fellowship coordinator of Healing Wings, a pentecostal Christian fellowship. An article published in Daily Post, entitled “Every Pastor who collects tithes is a thief, argued:

“As far as many pastors are concerned, the most important scripture of all is not to be found in the word of Jesus. Neither is it even in the New Testament. That scripture says: “‘Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house, and try me now in this,’ says the LORD of hosts, ‘If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.’” (Malachi 3:10).
“Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for keeping part instead of the whole law. (Matthew 23:23). That is what tithe-collecting pastors do today.

“If we insist our congregants must pay tithes, we must also insist that they keep the rest of the law. James says: “Whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.” (James 2:10). Therefore, if we insist on tithing, we should also refrain from eating pork. We should stone adulterers, execute homosexuals, kill Sabbath violators and restore blood sacrifices”, Aribisala wrote.

Dollars caused a stir this week when he admitted that he had all the while been preaching heresy about tithes. His new position now is that the concept belonged to the Old Testament, not the New Dispensation.

In one of his Sunday ministrations, titled, “The Great Misunderstanding” he cited Romans 6: 14 to argue that Christians now live under grace and not the laws of the Old Testament.

Romans 6: 14: “For sin shall not have dominion over you; for ye are not under the law, but under the grace” You are under grace not under laws, he noted.

Tithe-collecting pastors counter this by maintaining the payment of tithes pre-dated by the law.

Abraham is cited as the cardinal example of someone who paid tithes before the promulgation of the Law of Moses, as did Jacob, his grandson. However, such arguments are disingenuous.

This scripture is drummed repeatedly into Christians on Sundays. However, the only time Jesus mentioned tithing in scripture, he pointed out that it was not a weighty matter of the law. (Matthew 23:23). Hebrews says people only receive tithes “according to the law.” (Hebrews 7:5). It then insists tithing (and everything else under the law) has been annulled: “The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless.” (Hebrews 7:18-19). Nevertheless, mercenary pastors continue to insist on the payment of tithes.

Before the law, tithing was at best an example but not a commandment. Moreover, pastors fail to mention that Abraham only tithed once in his lifetime. When he did, he did not even tithe his own money: he tithed the spoils of war. He gave ten per cent of the plunder he took when he rescued Lot to Melchisedec, king of Salem. But then he did not even keep the rest but returned it (all ninety per cent) to the king of Sodom.”

Also, Pastor Gabriel Uka, founder and president of Praise Assembly argued that tithing is not for new testament believers. Pastor John Wada is not left out. The founder and president of Jesus Deliverance Ministries does not collect a tithe from his members. He argued also that tithing had ended in the Old testament.

They all echo the position of Daddy Freeze, a social critic who, in a past post on Instagram, argued: “Tithing is a sinful practice that carries a curse for Christians. There is no scriptural record of Non-Jewish Christians paying tithes”.

Source: Punch Newspaper. https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/07/05/3-nigerian-pastors-united-against-tithing-like-creflo-dollar/

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Larrysung(m): 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2022
It is well. They didn't lie. It's in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Engr2016: 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2022
Last year, I did some personal research on the doctrine of tithe too. One of the questions that came to my mind was this? "Do modern day Israelites called Jews or Israelis still pay tithe? " . I was perhaps surprised with the result I got online. I read that Jews today don't pay tithe at all at least for now. The reason they gave is because there are no Levites or priests in the modern era working in the temple since even the temple itself have been destroyed since about than 2000 years ago. If you visit Jerusalem today, it is a Mosque that is reportedly built on top of the old site foundation of the former Temple. The Levites were supposed to be full time helpers to the priests in the matters of the temple. The priests themselves were Levites too chosen from the family of Aaron - Moses elder brother. The requirement that permitted Levites to collect tithes was because unlike other Israelites, they were not given large expanse of land to practice agriculture. Hence, other Israelites were commanded to share their farm produce with them to support them in the ministry(temple service) in the form of 10 percent.
Today, that system doesn't operate anymore in Israel of the Middle East or among Jews anywhere else in the world. Also, even during the Old Testament and New Testament era, prophets who were the ideal men of GOD that time never collected tithes from people. No where did Elijah, Elisha, Jeremiah, Isaiah, Ezekiel etc collect tithe from anyone. Why? Because they were not Levites nor priest ! Simple! But they were allowed to collect freewill gifts from people. This is the normal standard that even the new testament Apostles followed too. 2 Cor 9:6 . Math 10:18 . Pastors, Prophets, Evangelist, Teachers and Apostles are not Levites or Priests! No where did Jesus command them to collect it. What Jesus told His disciples about gifts and offering can be found in Math 10:42 " And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.” This is what is called freewill offering or gift. It should be done generously without compulsion or cajoling unlike what most prosperity preachers are doing these days. If GOD truly call anyone into the ministry, GOD Himself will provide support for his upkeep by raising divine helpers for the servant. Most prosperity preachers usually cite Mal 3: 8-12. But that verses were addressed to the same Jews who are supposed to be paying the Levitical tithes to the Priests and Levites and those tithes were agricultural produce and not money. That's why Malachi said " Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat (food) in mine house " . It was not money. Remember, even money existed as a means trade or currency, yet Levites and Priests were never commanded to collect money as tithes. Another place that many tithing pastor usually cite is Math 23:23 where our Lord JESUS said " Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. ". Yet, that scripture was addressed not to JESUS disciples but the Pharisees and teachers of the Law(Old testament) . Please people of GOD, the matter of tithe or any old testament argument has been concluded by the Apostles in Acts 15 already when some of the Christians were insisting that gentile converts obey the law of Moses ( circumcision). Remember circumcision is even more important to the Jews and Israelites than tithe. Without circumcision, you are not even part of the commonwealth of Israel. You are simply an outcast and your offerings and tithes will be like a taboo. This shows the gravity of Circumcision to a typical Jew. The conclusion of the elders(Apostles) on this matter can be found in Acts 15:20 which states: " Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. " Tithes was not even included. If Circumcision that was even be considered a weightier matter of the Old Testament Law can be suspended , then why would a Tithe not be ? The summary of this 4 requirements is simply sanctification , purity or holiness. These were the only aspect of the old testament law that transcend to the new testament because a believer is required to be holy at all times in addition to Love toward GOD and fellow man(which is the greatest commandment. Math 22:36- 40) . Sexual immorality and idolatry can defile a Christian . My personal belief on tithe is this. It is not compulsory in the New Testament based on what we can see on the Scriptures and not human psychology, philosophy or tradition of men being imposed on believers these days. However, a Christian may be encouraged (not compelled or threatened with fear) to give tithes out of love to support the Gospel. However it should be given to missionaries, full time ministers, widows, orphans, the poor and any vulnerable people in the society . It should not be given to prosperity preachers who are accumulating the money into their bank accounts to build their empire and support their lavish lifestyle. This is a doctrine of mammon. The old Testament High Priests or Levites didn't live such lifestyle at all. Neither did the Apostles in the New Testament era accumulate wealth or proceeds from people for their personal gain. They simply shared it out to members of their Christian community to help them. Yet, people were willing and eager to give freely to them.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Engr2016: 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2022
I agree too.
Larrysung:
It is well. They didn't lie. It's in the Bible.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by judedwriter(m): 8:55pm On Jul 05, 2022
Tithing is not by force BUT giving brings blessings....

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by AntiChristian: 5:17am On Jul 06, 2022
grin

Argument and counter-arguments!

The love of money...

After many don cash out from tithing and first seed!

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by OkCornel(m): 5:39am On Jul 06, 2022
The only argument pro-tithers can bring up now is “tithing works for me, so I will continue to tithe”

Only emotional and sentimental reasoning.

Pastorpreneurs are fighting a lost war...

The grip of charlatans in the church is loosening by the day...

MEANWHILE;

When pro-tithers are ready to show us where God specifically mentioned money as part of the items to be tithed, then they should know that monetary tithing is unscriptural.

When God required money for the needs of the Temple, He specifically mentioned where all Israelite males should be levied a temple tax of half a shekel every year. That was an instance of God clearly asking for money.

Refer to Exodus 30 v 13-16 for where God gave the instruction through Moses;

13 This shall every man give, that goeth into the number, half a shekel, after the [a]shekel of the Sanctuary: (a shekel is twenty gerahs) the half shekel shall be an offering to the Lord.
14 All that are numbered from twenty years old and above, shall give an offering to the Lord.
15 The rich shall not pass, and the poor shall not diminish from half a shekel, when ye shall give an offering unto the Lord, for the redemption of your lives.
16 So thou shalt take the money of the redemption of the children of Israel, and shalt put it unto the use of the Tabernacle of the Congregation, that it may be a memorial unto the children of Israel before the Lord, for the redemption of your lives.
BASED ON THE ABOVE, IT WAS CLEAR WHEN & HOW GOD ASKED FOR MONEY TO MAINTAIN THE TEMPLE...

NOW LET US EXAMINE GOD'S REQUIREMENT FOR TITHES BELOW;

Refer to Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;

22 Thou shalt give the tithe of all the increase of thy seed, that cometh forth of the field year by year.
23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God (in the place which he shall choose to cause his Name to dwell there) the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstborn of thy kine, and of thy sheep, that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.
24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it, because the place is far from thee, where the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name, when the Lord thy God shall bless thee,
25 Then shalt thou make it in money, and take the money in thine hand, and go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose.
26 And thou shalt bestow the money for whatsoever thine heart desireth: whether it be ox, or sheep, or wine, or strong drink, or whatsoever thine heart desireth: and shalt eat it there before the Lord thy God, and rejoice, both thou, and thine household.

27 And the Levite that is within thy gates, shalt thou not forsake: for he hath neither part nor inheritance with thee.
28 At the end of three years thou shalt [e]bring forth all the tithes of thine increase of the same year, and lay it up within thy gates.
29 Then the Levite shall come, because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee, and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, and shall eat, and be filled, that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Based on the above verses, God clearly mentioned what is titheable, and money was not part of the items to be tithed.

IN CONCLUSION:
Any fraudster that comes with the excuse that money was not in use because the Israelites were predominantly farmers and cattle rearers...should read Exodus 30 v 13-16 and explain to us why God demanded money from these same Israelites...but specified crops and livestock as tithes in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;

Also, I'll be waiting for scriptural references where God made tithing mandatory for gentiles as well.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Dtruthspeaker: 6:16am On Jul 06, 2022
OkCornel:

Also, I'll be waiting for scriptural references where God made tithing mandatory for gentiles as well.

That same reason suggests why you should continue bowing down to your wooden and iron and stone idols. You ought not to use the Bible at all.

Obviously una jw dey jealous dis tithe thing well well.

OkCornel:

Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;

22 Thou shalt give the tithe of all the increase of thy seed, that cometh forth of the field year by year.
23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God (in the place which he shall choose to cause his Name to dwell there) the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstborn of thy kine,

Even the list here shows you that it is whatever you earn from work and today we are not farmers but we can render to The Lord our earnings!

And the madness about your complainings is that it is not your money that is being used as tithes exactly as the man in the Parable of the vineyard workers.

Your eye is evil because we are obedient.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by OkCornel(m): 6:45am On Jul 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

That same reason suggests why you should continue bowing down to your wooden and iron and stone idols. You ought not to use the Bible at all.

Obviously una jw dey jealous dis tithe thing well well.

Even the list here shows you that it is whatever you earn from work and today we are not farmers but we can render to The Lord our earnings!

And the madness about your complainings is that it is not your money that is being used as tithes exactly as the man in the Parable of the vineyard workers.

Your eye is evil because we are obedient.

Just as I expected, emotional and sentimental reasoning. For starters, I’m not a JW, so I don’t understand how you arrived at such a faulty assumption.

Back to the matter…

1. Use the scriptures to show us where God specifically requested the gentiles (except the ones that resides in the land of Israel) to tithe.

2. Show us where exactly in the scriptures God requested for money as tithes. Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29 clearly spells out the tithing process undecided

3. Show us where the Israelites tithed in captivity. God made it very clear tithes were just from Crops and livestock raised in the promised land only. But if you disagree, show us where the Israelites tithed in captivity.

4. Show us where in the scriptures the Apostles specifically demanded tithes from members of the gentile church. Especially after the argument in Acts 15.

If you can’t answer these questions directly, don’t bother replying me.

I have zero tolerance for emotional and sentimental reasoning.

Y’all want to preach corrupted truths all for the love of mammon. You can’t serve two masters.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by OkCornel(m): 7:03am On Jul 06, 2022
Educate yourself and stop wallowing in ignorance.

Below is a teacher of the Torah. See how tithing worked in a historical and cultural perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGQsL9HE90o&t=57s

Monetary tithing is fraud. I’ve been screaming this since 2017. But no, most people love lies.

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:33am On Jul 06, 2022
OkCornel:

Just as I expected, emotional and sentimental reasoning. For starters, I’m not a JW, so I don’t understand how you arrived at such a faulty assumption.

Before i became one of Jehovah's Witnesses i've heard many of my friends saying "if you're interested in Christ it's a good thing but don't join Jehovah's Witnesses because they're not Christians"
So i was confused because that's the one and only church whose members are preaching and teaching from house to house and door to door about God's Kingdom just as Jesus Christ commanded! undecided

Now i know better!
It's those pastors enslaving them that's telling them not to listen to Jehovah's Witnesses.
From time immemorial the one and only modern day religion claiming "Christians" that stood firmly against monetary tithing is Jehovah's Witnesses organization.
So when any of them see someone speaking against tithing and backing up his/her speech with scriptures they're baffled thinking such a person is a member or student studying the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses: the one and only group TEACHING millions and making them fully competent and completely equipped disciples of Christ! smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by OkCornel(m): 8:18am On Jul 06, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Before i became one of Jehovah's Witnesses i've heard many of my friends saying "if you're interested in Christ it's a good thing but don't join Jehovah's Witnesses because they're not Christians"
So i was confused because that's the one and only church whose members are preaching and teaching from house to house and door to door about God's Kingdom just as Jesus Christ commanded! undecided

Now i know better!
It's those pastors enslaving them that's telling them not to listen to Jehovah's Witnesses.
From time immemorial the one and only modern day religion claiming "Christians" that stood firmly against monetary tithing is Jehovah's Witnesses organization.
So when any of them see someone speaking against tithing and backing up his/her speech with scriptures they're baffled thinking such a person is a member or student studying the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses: the one and only group TEACHING millions and making them fully competent and completely equipped disciples of Christ! smiley

Those mammon loving pastors are nothing but wolves in shepherd’s clothing.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Engr2016: 10:00am On Jul 06, 2022
May GOD bless you for telling the truth with simplicity and honesty!

OkCornel:

Back to the matter…

1. Use the scriptures to show us where God specifically requested the gentiles (except the ones that resides in the land of Israel) to tithe.

2. Show us where exactly in the scriptures God requested for money as tithes. Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29 clearly spells out the tithing process undecided

3. Show us where the Israelites tithed in captivity. God made it very clear tithes were just from Crops and livestock raised in the promised land only. But if you disagree, show us where the Israelites tithed in captivity.

4. Show us where in the scriptures the Apostles specifically demanded tithes from members of the gentile church. Especially after the argument in Acts 15.

If you can’t answer these questions directly, don’t bother replying me.

I have zero tolerance for emotional and sentimental reasoning.

Y’all want to preach corrupted truths all for the love of mammon. You can’t serve two masters.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Engr2016: 10:22am On Jul 06, 2022
Another major area in which prosperity preachers are making serious error in the matter of tithe is what they actually do with the gathered tithes.
TITHE IS NOT FOR:
1. Tithe should not be used to build your personal empire
2. Tithe should not be used to acquire wealth and riches
3. Tithe should not be diverted outside the church to start business ventures
4. Tithe should not be used to buy mansions and private jets
5. Tithe should not be used for building glamorous cathedrals, auditoriums etc
5. In conclusion , even if you must collect tithes , it should strictly be used to do what the scriptures stipulates . Anything outside of this amounts to disobedience, heresy and greed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Dtruthspeaker: 4:53pm On Jul 06, 2022
OkCornel:

Even this unreasonable one. Do captives function in captivity?

OkCornel:
Just as I expected, emotional and sentimental reasoning..

Are you yourself not emotionally sentimentally addicted to being anti-tithe?

Is it your tithe that is being used?

OkCornel:

I have answered all these

OkCornel:

Again, stooping into the unreasonable just to fuel your obsession, yet you thought you were unemotional and unsentimental.

You go to church and have your pastors yet the the apostles did not specifically demand you to have such things.

You are just jealously hateful because those Satan Pastors have everything you want, riches, beautiful women, praise of men etc
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Dtruthspeaker: 4:54pm On Jul 06, 2022
Engr2016:
Another major area in which prosperity preachers are making serious error in the matter of tithe is what they actually do with the gathered tithes.
TITHE IS NOT FOR:
1. Tithe should not be used to build your personal empire
2. Tithe should not be used to acquire wealth and riches
3. Tithe should not be diverted outside the church to start business ventures
4. Tithe should not be used to buy mansions and private jets
5. Tithe should not be used for building glamorous cathedrals, auditoriums etc
5. In conclusion , even if you must collect tithes , it should strictly be used to do what the scriptures stipulates . Anything outside of this amounts to disobedience, heresy and greed.

Funny! Both the tithe eating pastors and the anti-tithe army will not hear you! grin

The Lord should just come and end the rule of men. They have woefully and disgracefully failed.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Engr2016: 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2022
Thanks Sir. May GOD have mercy on our people. I pray their eyes are open to see the honest but bitter truth!

Dtruthspeaker:

Funny! Both the tithe eating pastors and the anti-tithe army will not hear you! grin

The Lord should just come and end the rule of men. They have woefully and disgracefully failed.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by OkCornel(m): 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Even this unreasonable one. Do captives function in captivity?

Are you yourself not emotionally sentimentally addicted to being anti-tithe?

Is it your tithe that is being used?

I have answered all these

Again, stooping into the unreasonable just to fuel your obsession, yet you thought you were unemotional and unsentimental.

You go to church and have your pastors yet the the apostles did not specifically demand you to have such things.

You are just jealously hateful because those Satan Pastors have everything you want, riches, beautiful women, praise of men etc

Did Daniel and his friends tithe in captivity? Did Esther & Mordecai tithe in captivity? Did Nehemiah tithe in captivity?

These were influential and well to do Jews in captivity...but did they tithe? I'm still awaiting your scriptural evidence.

Mr Dtruthspeaker, present facts, not emotional sentiments! Who jealousy help?

Is monetary tithing a scriptural doctrine? Yes or No.

If yes, back up your position with scriptural references.
1. Where did God request for money as tithes?
2. Where did God make monetary tithing mandatory for the gentiles?

Bring facts and scriptural references, not sentiments.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Engr2016: 5:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
Good points. One cogent thing I have observed among some of our people ( usually followers of prosperity preachers) is this. When the matters of the scriptures are honestly and humbly being asked , they sometimes tend to resort to emotional, sentimental , psychological or aggressive responses rather than focusing on dissecting the word in order to edify the listener. Please, anyone that is doing this should know this is not a Christlike attitude. In every instances of life, a true Christian must reflect the behavior and character of Christ who commanded us to be gentle as a dove but wise as a serpent. Anyone one that is issuing threats, curses, insults and derogatory language is not representing Christ well even if you are trying to defend the church. Let's not grieve the Holy Spirit through ungodly attitudes. Let's humbly learn from this. May GOD bless and help His people.

OkCornel:

Did Daniel and his friends tithe in captivity? Did Esther & Mordecai tithe in captivity? Did Nehemiah tithe in captivity?

These were influential and well to do Jews in captivity...but did they tithe? I'm still awaiting your scriptural evidence.

Mr Dtruthspeaker, present facts, not emotional sentiments! Who jealously help?

Is monetary tithing a scriptural doctrine? Yes or No.

If yes, back up your position with scriptural references.
1. Where did God request for money as tithes?
2. Where did God make monetary tithing mandatory for the gentiles?

Bring facts and scriptural references, not sentiments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Dtruthspeaker: 5:41pm On Jul 06, 2022
OkCornel:

Did Daniel and his friends tithe in captivity? Did Esther & Mordecai tithe in captivity? Did Nehemiah tithe in captivity?...

See it! You are just hopping around, fishing for something to complain about and making unnecessary noise.

Mr Coko, you truly have no thing valid and reasonable to say!

Tithe, no-tithe, in the end it is Life for one and Death for the other.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by OkCornel(m): 5:43pm On Jul 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

See it! You are just hopping around, fishing for something to complain about.

Mr Coko, you truly have no thing valid and reasonable to say!

Tithe, no-tithe, in the end it is Life for one and Death for the other.

In all your responses, I'm yet to see one Bible verse in support of monetary tithing in the gentile church.

Just appeals to emotions and sentiments.

When you are ready to answer my questions with scriptural references. Let me know.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Dtruthspeaker: 5:45pm On Jul 06, 2022
OkCornel:

In all your responses, I'm yet to see one Bible verse in support of monetary tithing in the gentile church....

That clearly proves that you are blind so you do not see. And it is known the blind do not see, so nothing unusual!
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Dtruthspeaker: 5:49pm On Jul 06, 2022
Engr2016:
Thanks Sir. May GOD have mercy on our people. I pray their eyes are open to see the honest but bitter truth!

I know you expect "amen" but we all see that people's eyes are truly open but they shut it when Truth Comes.

So, there is no further work for God to do.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by OkCornel(m): 5:50pm On Jul 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

That clearly proves that you are blind so you do not see. And it is known the blind do not see, so nothing unusual!

You don't have any scriptural references in response to my questions.

Now be on your way. Let another mammon worshipper defend monetary tithing in the gentile church.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Dtruthspeaker: 5:55pm On Jul 06, 2022
OkCornel:

You don't have any scriptural references in response to my questions.

Does one require scriptural references to say that if you plant stones you will die of hunger or if you drink hypo, you are gonna die?

This is done!
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by OkCornel(m): 6:04pm On Jul 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Does one require scriptural references to say that if you plant stones you will die of hunger or if you drink hypo, you are gonna die?

This is done!

The bolded further reinforces the sentiments I'm speaking of.

Bring facts, from the scriptures, from Jewish history, from early church history that supports monetary tithing in the gentile church.

I'll save your time as I've done the search many times over. There is nothing. No evidence.

Kindly prove otherwise.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Dtruthspeaker: 6:08pm On Jul 06, 2022
OkCornel:

The bolded further reinforces the sentiments I'm speaking of.

Your response here further proves crazed obsession and mad addiction clearly exhibiting your sentiments raised at insane guage bursting levels.

Gosh, many are going mad daily. Looks like the plague of madness is back!
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by OkCornel(m): 6:12pm On Jul 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Your response here further proves crazed obsession and mad addiction clearly exhibiting your sentiments raised at insane guage bursting levels.

And still, you've provided no facts by way of scriptural or historical references provided to support the fraudulent scheme of monetary tithing in the gentile church.

I hope your next response would contain some useful information.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by OkCornel(m): 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2022
For anyone who cares to know how the fraudulent monetary tithe scheme found its way back into the church can read up on the Synod of Macon

I intend to have fruitful discussions with enlightened and sincere individuals, rather than sentimental m.orons parading the thread.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Dtruthspeaker: 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2022
OkCornel:

And still, you've provided no facts by way of scriptural or historical references provided to support the fraudulent scheme of monetary tithing in the gentile church.

I hope your next response would contain some useful information.

Are you that mad that you have forgotten you are blind and you don't see? O, ok, u understand, you are not talking to me. You are just checking whether you are also going deaf so you are just speaking aloud and repeating stuff to your ears!
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by OkCornel(m): 6:22pm On Jul 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Are you that mad that you have forgotten you are blind and you don't see? O, ok, u understand, you are not talking to me. You are just checking whether you are also going deaf so you are just speaking aloud and repeating stuff to your ears!

And still, he's yet to provide scriptural or historical references supporting monetary tithing in the gentile church.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pastors United Against Tithing Like Creflo Dollar by Dtruthspeaker: 6:23pm On Jul 06, 2022
OkCornel:

And still, he's yet to provide scriptural or historical references supporting monetary tithing in the gentile church.

Obviously, your ears are not working either! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Delayed Blessings - How Long? By Taiwo Ayeni / Tb Joshua’s Critics – Rise Of The 21st Century Pharisees #1 / Leave Tb Joshua Alone,i Beg You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.