|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,910,510 members, 7,021,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 August 2022 at 07:53 AM
2023: Former A'ibom Lawmaker Exposes Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party, Obi / "We're Going Nowhere, APC Is Our Project" Sen. Marafa Rubbishes Defection Rumors / BREAKING! Court Sacks A'ibom Lawmaker Who Defected To APC, Declares Seat Vacant (2) (3) (4)
|A Must Read: A'IBOM LAWMAKER Debunk Defection Rumors. by Ibomheadlines: 2:46pm On Jul 05|
JULY 5, 2022
RE: OBA, SEVEN AKHA MEMBERS TO DEFECT TO YPP NEXT WEEK
My attention has been drawn to a misleading publication on the front page of the Post Newspaper of 6th July, 2022, with the above caption and a rider "defect and get your seat declared vacant - Speaker threatens Lawmakers". The spurious publication which embarrassingly comes with my photograph on the front page, strenuously painted a picture that I, Hon. Anietie Eka, is nursing a defection to a certain Young Progressives Party (YPP).
For the avoidance of doubt, the interest of my constituents and to set the record straight, I state categorically as follows:
1. I am a steadfast Member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and have not at any point nursed or contemplated any defection to the YPP or any party as a matter of fact.
2. I am a core loyalist of His Excellency, Governor Udom Emmanuel and his succession plan and I believe firmly in the capacity of Pastor Umo Eno as the next Governor of our dear state who will sustain the peace and development witnessed in the current administration.
3. It is literally unprofessional and insulting for the publishers of The Post Newspaper to fabricate such childish claims with my photograph, without any confirmation from me or my Office. Just as they are known for, the owners of The Post Newspaper stooped so low by reasoning that I can defect to a party with no single structure in Akwa Ibom State.
4. I urge the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Akwa Ibom State Council, to call this group of inexperienced, crude and unskilled monkey writers parading themselves as Journalists to order. Journalism should be based on truth, facts and objectivity, not a tool for blackmail or misinformation, as portrayed by The Post Newspaper.
5. For emphasis sake, the PDP remains my party and the best for Akwa Ibom people. I am loyal to Governor Udom Emmanuel and solidly behind the Governorship aspiration of Pastor Umo Eno who by God's grace and our support, will emerge victorious come 2023.
6. I urge my constituents and indeed the general public to disregard the publication as a tissue of lies and a futile attempt by some junks at tarnishing my reputation.
Rt. Hon. Anietie Eka,
Member representing Uyo State Constituency - AKHA
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34