Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,375 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion (2644 Views)

Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move / How Well-paid Are Software Developers In Nigeria? / Differences Between Testing And Debugging In Programming Of Software Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by realunclej(m): 5:26pm On Jul 05, 2022
Earlier there is a thread about Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria in 2022.

You can read the details here - https://www.nairaland.com/7212596/amazon-recruitment-software-developers-nigeria

There were a lot of comments on the post which shows as Nigerians we still have a long way to go. In this thread, I will highlight some of these comments and share my thought on what is fact and what is a myth. My opinion is open to criticism but please be constructive. The idea is to encourage us to learn and move.

Please if I highlight your comment, there is nothing personal.

DISCLAIMER: I MAY HIGHLIGHT A COMMENT WHERE POLITICALLY INCLINED PERSONS ARE MENTIONED, SUCH CASES DOES NOT IMPLY THAT I SUPPORT THE INDIVIDUAL OR ANY OTHER POLITICAL CANDIDATES. IN FACT I CONSIDER IT LACK OF INTELLECTUAL CAPACITY TO BRING POLITICS AND RELIGION INTO NON-RELATED ISSUES. THE TWO NICHE ALWAYS CAUSE DIVISION.

Before I proceed, I will like to state that this is not the only opening job for Nigerians. Amazon has been driving recruitment since the beginning of this year and there are many opening positions.

You can visit this page for details - https://www.amazon.jobs/en/search?base_query=&loc_query=Nigeria&loc_group_id=&invalid_location=false&country=NGA&city=&region=&county=

Back to the topic, I will start the conversation with this first comment below.

1. The government needs to invest in Education to produce software engineers not agbado and cassava. WRONG ADVISE
While we do not deny the role that the government should play in improving our academic standard, it will be wrong to wait for the government to do something that can improve your life and personal development. There are many free and paid opportunities out there to become a software engineer without government input. Many successful Nigerians in the field are self-taught because the Universities lack the capacity to deliver. Just prepare yourself and go for the abundant opportunities out there.
Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by realunclej(m): 5:29pm On Jul 05, 2022
2. This is really good but damn Lagos only abuja and port Harcourt nko?
Like I said in the introduction post, there are many positions for Nigerians and it is not limited to Lagos. There are also remote positions. Besides there are many sites out there who will employ Nigerians who meet their requirement irrespective of where they live. Google is your friend.

Here is the link again https://www.amazon.jobs/en/search?base_query=&loc_query=Nigeria&loc_group_id=&invalid_location=false&country=NGA&city=&region=&county=
Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by realunclej(m): 5:34pm On Jul 05, 2022
3. The job qualification na war.
After going through all the job positions on the Amazon pages, I can state categorically that they are the minimum you can see in terms of skill requirements. It seems Amazon is aware that most Nigerians still lack the capacity to deliver at the high level. That is why they open most Junior level or associate positions. Others are not very technical positions as well. In fact with 3 months of serious studies you can master some of the requirements.
Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by realunclej(m): 5:36pm On Jul 05, 2022
4. Nice offer. All the best to the applicants. Me I still dey battle with jscript
If I am in your shoe, I will apply. Let them reject your application first. In the process they may even suggest what you need to meet up for upcoming opportunities. At least with your application, Amazon knows that you exist somewhere and will probably keep inviting you for more opportunities. If you don't apply for fear of rejection, no company will know about your existence.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by realunclej(m): 5:37pm On Jul 05, 2022
5. I wish I have the qualification.
My question now is what will you do about it since you wish you have the qualification. It is not enough to wish, if software engineering appeal to you, go for it.

1 Like

Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by realunclej(m): 5:43pm On Jul 05, 2022
6. They already have software engineers in Canada and the States they just don't want to pay them their worth.
These countries have an aging population. Besides there are many tech companies in this part of the world competing for the few available experts. Advance in technology has also make it easy to hire remote workers and create a virtual workplace. Also, some of these companies are expanding to other markets. If they don't recruit in-country person, will they bring in people from USA to attend to the Nigeria market?

Take note two that Nigeria tech companies also hire foreigners so it's not just about the pay.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by realunclej(m): 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2022
7. Who fit teach me software engineering and development so I go fit know am before august. I just need to Japa
There are many avenue to learn. But I am curious what can you learn before now and August that will be enough for you to japa? Bro be calming down

2 Likes

Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by realunclej(m): 5:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
8. Most of the people we call yahoo yahoo boys can do this job very well. But we criminalise our talented young people and canonise our certified criminals with political posts
Point of correction. Yahoo boys are trained to scam people not code. Many Nigerian youths are making legit money more than the so call Yahoo boys and they have rest of mind. Many of the Yahoo boys outsource the tech part of their scam business to other skilled engineer. So, please don't glorify criminality.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by realunclej(m): 5:50pm On Jul 05, 2022
9. My brother, I see future in tech
This one shock me. Like seriously? If you are an adult please join the #NotTooOldToCode campaign and if you a youth what more can I say

1 Like

Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by realunclej(m): 5:53pm On Jul 05, 2022
10. Smart and racist move because they know an average African will do anything to live their country and seek greener pastures abroad. There are programmers there, they are just looking for the ones that don't know their worth.
You say what? A company is trying to expand and looking for the locals to employ. If they bring there people and ignore the locals, I am sure you will be at the front leading a rally clamoring for quota system that they should employ indigenous people.

I remember Ebenezer Obey song Ketekete - There is nothing you can do to satisfy man

1 Like

Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by realunclej(m): 5:54pm On Jul 05, 2022
11. It is clear they are looking for Mid-level to senior Engineers.
The company is recruiting for open position. There are also beginner position is you check there job page.

1 Like

Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
Before you apply be grinded in dsa o. Some people no fit reverse Linkedlist and they don apply already grin grin. Dsa and systems design like 6 to 7 rounds is the norm in faang.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by qtguru(m): 8:13pm On Jul 05, 2022
Lol I am not prepared for their Algo no cap.

3 Likes

Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by BRATISLAVA: 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2022
qtguru:
Lol I am not prepared for their Algo no cap.

But you're one of our red cap chiefs here. So humble.
Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by Capslock01: 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
My Unilag peeps looking at the opening!
All those ones running 100 days of Leetcodes and DSA.
Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by qtguru(m): 10:46pm On Jul 05, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Algorithm humbles everyone unless you've spent time studying.

1 Like

Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:20am On Jul 06, 2022
Capslock01:
My Unilag peeps looking at the opening!
All those ones running 100 days of Leetcodes and DSA.

I hear in unilag students ditch classes to do leetcode and hackkerank. Omho I wish I can get a time machine and go back to my secondary school days. First mistake I go correct na to do computer science then from my day one I go die on leetcode matter even if I carry pass commot no problem. By the time I dey graduate I go don solve and revise everything like twice. They no born any interview for this world. I for be very rich man now eh grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by talk2hb1(m): 9:15pm On Jul 06, 2022
realunclej:
8. Most of the people we call yahoo yahoo boys can do this job very well. But we criminalise our talented young people and canonise our certified criminals with political posts
Point of correction. Yahoo boys are trained to scam people not code. Many Nigerian youths are making legit money more than the so call Yahoo boys and they have rest of mind. Many of the Yahoo boys outsource the tech part of their scam business to other skilled engineer. So, please don't glorify criminality.
I guess you are not a developer, if you call yourself a developer and you posted this comment I forgive you, but if you are a developer and you posted this I am really disappointed.
Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by Hannania(m): 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2022
For those with profound skills in Agile, and a solid record in development, please search for Grind 75 and study all the questions for the next three weeks.

This is ideally a mid-level role. Amazon places more focus on system design and behavioural aspects.

They will likely ask "Common medium" leetcode questions, considering the country we are in, but 70% of the rating is gonna be on System design and Behavioural.

Good luck wink

1 Like

Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by airsaylongcome: 10:10pm On Jul 06, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Before you apply be grinded in dsa o. Some people no fit reverse Linkedlist and they don apply already grin grin. Dsa and systems design like 6 to 7 rounds is the norm in faang.

As I see reversal of LL I remember my days in Dr Leonidas Koufopavlou DSA class. Single LL, Double LL we reverse tire. How you had to be careful to point the pointer to the next "cell" in the LL before removing a LL cell. Kai, men were boys sha
Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by airsaylongcome: 10:11pm On Jul 06, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Bratislava, no any red cap anything o. You are either ready or you aren't ready when it comes to FAANG. The questions are very brutal
Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by airsaylongcome: 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2022
talk2hb1:

I guess you are not a developer, if you call yourself a developer and you posted this comment I forgive you, but if you are a developer and you posted this I am really disappointed.

Why?
Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by airsaylongcome: 10:15pm On Jul 06, 2022
qtguru:

Algorithm humbles everyone unless you've spent time studying.

You will think you know it o. Until you see "it" in exam.

Until today I still struggle with Algorithmic complexity of most algorithms. Can't even outright say if an algo is O(n) or O(log n)
Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
airsaylongcome:

As I see reversal of LL I remember my days in Dr Leonidas Koufopavlou DSA class. Single LL, Double LL we reverse tire. How you had to be careful to point the pointer to the next "cell" in the LL before removing a LL cell. Kai, men were boys sha

Doesnt sound like a Nigerian name at all. You guys do all this in school? I have met so many computer science graduates that cant even write a for loop. I wonder what they learnt in school.
Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by BRATISLAVA: 10:31pm On Jul 06, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Bratislava, no any red cap anything o. You are either ready or you aren't ready when it comes to FAANG. The questions are very brutal

You're another red cap chief here. If you don't go for it, what do we minions have to hope on? You guys are immune to brutality. You laugh in the face of brutality.

Another red-capped chief has showed up.

You guys won't kill the forum with your humility.
Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by The5DME(m): 10:42pm On Jul 06, 2022
Hannania:
For those with profound skills in Agile, and a solid record in development, please search for Grind 75 and study all the questions for the next three weeks.

This is ideally a mid-level role. Amazon places more focus on system design and behavioural aspects.

They will likely ask "Common medium" leetcode questions, considering the country we are in, but 70% of the rating is gonna be on System design and Behavioural.

Good luck wink
I asked you a question before bro.
Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by DDayve: 1:45am On Jul 07, 2022
Finally, I had to memorize it. The thing no lemme understand. The same procedure works for both SLL and DLL.
airsaylongcome:

Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by airsaylongcome: 6:37am On Jul 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Doesnt sound like a Nigerian name at all. You guys do all this in school? I have met so many computer science graduates that cant even write a for loop. I wonder what they learnt in school.

We did everything in that DSA class. CSC 205-Data Structures and Algorithms. Queues, Stacks with arrays and LL. Then all the Searching and Sorting Algos at the time. I really struggled with some of those Algos then o. BST for some reason left me very confused
Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:07am On Jul 07, 2022
airsaylongcome:

We did everything in that DSA class. CSC 205-Data Structures and Algorithms. Queues, Stacks with arrays and LL. Then all the Searching and Sorting Algos at the time. I really struggled with some of those Algos then o. BST for some reason left me very confused
Binary search trees are kinda easy na. The nodes on the right are always greater than the nodes on the left.
Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by realunclej(m): 7:21am On Jul 07, 2022
I love the direction the conversation is going
Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Computer science and programming are 2 different things.

Programming is a subset and like 5% of computer science.

Don't blame them if they can't write for loops

3 Likes

Re: Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion by airsaylongcome: 8:17am On Jul 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Binary search trees are kinda easy na. The nodes on the right are always greater than the nodes on the left.

Yes I eventually understood that. I was over thinking it at the time. Dey wonder what phenomena on earth is ever arranged that way.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Paint Application Project / Develop One App For All Mobile Devices - HTML5, Javascript and/or C++ / Unity3d Developers / Game Developers Showcase What You Are Working On.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.