Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,401 members, 7,830,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF (848 Views)

10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF / I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu / Throwback : PDP Woos Dangote For 2019 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by Quintopia: 9:10pm On Jul 05, 2022
These Ghanaian leaders don't have sense sha.

They've mismanaged their economy and have approached the IMF to bail them out.

The bailout package will be the usual 1 or 2 billion dollar loan, which will come with various conditionalities, such as wage freezes for civil servants and public employees, currency devaluation, and trade liberalization, ie opening their economy to western imports, (and killing local industries).

Instead of destroying their economy for a paltry 1 or 2 billion dollars, why didn't they just beg DANGOTE to loan them the money, and grant him favourable repayment deals and some extraordinary support for his businesses in Ghana?

That way they could have gotten back on their feet, and run their economy without interference from the west.

Even Otedola or someone else in Nigeria could have loaned them that money.

Anyway, it's their cup of tea. Good luck to them in their dealings with the IMF.
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by immortalcrown(m): 9:13pm On Jul 05, 2022
Naija nko? Naija no dey leave Dangote go borrow from outside? Abi Ghana dey closer to Dangote?

1 Like

Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by Naijanascam: 9:14pm On Jul 05, 2022
Hope you are not a naijirian to avoid making yourself a laffffing stock grin grin grin
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by Quintopia: 9:15pm On Jul 05, 2022
immortalcrown:
Naija nko? Abi Ghana dey closer to Dangote?

The Nigerian public will go mental if they hear the FG sent 2 billion dollars to Ghana. Not an option.
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by immortalcrown(m): 9:16pm On Jul 05, 2022
Quintopia:

The Nigerian public will go mental if they hear the FG sent 1 billion dollars to Ghana. Not an option.
You miss the point. Naija no dey borrow from Dangote.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by DeLaRue: 9:17pm On Jul 05, 2022
Dangote sef has cashflow challenge right now.

He's currently seeking a N300 billion loan to finish his own project.

He won't have Ghana's time.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by Moh247: 9:19pm On Jul 05, 2022
cool

Dangote himself needs ₦300billion to finalise his refinery and have a working capital and he is sourcing for soft loans

Do you think a business man like Dangote would ever keep $1 billion USD dormant in liquidity sitting in his account

This billionaires invest all their spare cash and even borrow more to fund more projects and acquire more asset

1 Like

Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by Quintopia: 9:19pm On Jul 05, 2022
immortalcrown:
You miss the point. Naija no dey borrow from Dangote.

Oh sorry, I get you now. But Dangote is already doing a massive job in Nigeria with the 20 billion dollar refinery he's building in Lagos that is set to transform the Nigerian economy. The other day he commissioned a 2.5 billion dollar fertilizer and urea plant, and Nigeria is now self sufficient in those items and is a net exporter of same.
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by rickpat(m): 9:20pm On Jul 05, 2022
*yawns*
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by imperial123: 9:21pm On Jul 05, 2022
Does Dangote has the financial capabilities to do that?

If yes, then he has gone so far............

Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by immortalcrown(m): 9:22pm On Jul 05, 2022
Quintopia:
Oh sorry, I get you now. But Dangote is already doing a massive job in Nigeria with the 20 billion dollar refinery he's building in Lagos that is set to transform the Nigerian economy.
How does this answer my question? Will his refinery stop Nigeria from borrowing money?
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by lightskinnigga: 9:22pm On Jul 05, 2022
Dangote is broke..

Be humble

Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by Quintopia: 9:25pm On Jul 05, 2022
immortalcrown:
How does this answer my question? Will his refinery stop Nigeria from borrowing money?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with borrowing money. Every country on Earth borrows money and is indebted. In fact, NOT borrowing is bad economics as it means you have no credit history, which scares away investors.
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by MufasaLion: 9:25pm On Jul 05, 2022
lightskinnigga:
Dangote is broke..

Be humble

Wrong.
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by immortalcrown(m): 9:27pm On Jul 05, 2022
Quintopia:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with borrowing money. Every country on Earth borrows money and is indebted. In fact, NOT borrowing is bad economics as it means you have no credit history, which scares away investors.
See how you are diverting from the topic. The topic is why did Ghana borrow money from IMF instead of borrowing the money from Dangote. I ask what about Nigeria that borrows money from other countries instead of borrowing money from Dangote. It seems you are drunk.
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by Quintopia: 9:27pm On Jul 05, 2022
lightskinnigga:
Dangote is broke..

Be humble

Are you aware of Dangote's net worth?
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by Quintopia: 9:32pm On Jul 05, 2022
immortalcrown:
See how you are diverting from the topic. The topic is why did Ghana borrow money from IMF instead of borrowing the money from Dangote. I ask what about Nigeria that borrows money from other countries instead of borrowing money from Dangote. It seems you are drunk.

You have no brain. Do you even know what the IMF means?

IMF is the last, desperate resort for financial bailout when your economy is knackered, your credit rating as a country is shattered, and no country will lend you a dime.

Ghana cannot borrow from say China or another country because her economy is crashed, and she is a risk.

Nigeria can borrow from any nation because she has the financial muscle to repay and is backed by foreign reserves of around 40 billion dollars.

Try and understand how the financial system works before contributing your ignorance.
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by abobote: 9:32pm On Jul 05, 2022
Dangote is broke

1 Like

Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by immortalcrown(m): 9:36pm On Jul 05, 2022
Quintopia:

You have no brain. Do you even know what the IMF means?

IMF is the last, desperate resort for financial bailout when your economy is knackered, your credit rating as a country is shattered, and no country will lend you a dime.

Ghana cannot borrow from say China or another country because her economy is crashed, and she is a risk.

Nigeria can borrow from any nation because she has the financial muscle to repay and is backed by foreign reserves of around 40 billion dollars.

Try and understand how the financial system works before contributing your ignorance.
You are the one that totally lacks a functional brain. Keep fooling yourself thinking you are smart. I never talked about the condition given to Ghana by IMF. I never said anything that can suggest I do not know IMF. My point is those who blame Ghana for not borrowing from Dangote should also blame Nigeria because Nigeria also leaves Dangote and borrows from outside.
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by Quintopia: 9:37pm On Jul 05, 2022
abobote:
Dangote is broke

That someone needs an extra billion to complete a 20 billion dollar asset does not mean they are ''broke'' insofar as that asset remains theirs. You judge a person's financial strength by their net worth and assets, not by the available cash they are willing to spend on a project.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by Quintopia: 9:41pm On Jul 05, 2022
immortalcrown:
You are the one that totally lacks a functional brain. Keep fooling yourself thinking you are smart. i never talked about the condition given to Ghana by IMF.

LOW IQ. That is the very first thing you should talk about. The conditions for an IMF loan. You are obviously very young so have no clue what the IMF is about, and their history of destroying nations.

I never said anything that can suggest I do not know IMF.

You don't need to say anything. We can see you know nothing about them.

My point is those who blame Ghana for not borrowing from Dangote should also blame Nigeria because Nigeria also leaves Dangote and borrows from outside.

Does that ''outside'' include IMF?

If Nigeria wants to borrow money she can approach China or even the AFDB or World Bank, with more favourable terms than Dangote can give. GHANA can't do that because of her wrecked economy, plummeting currency and poor credit rating, which is why she's run to the IMF.

That is why we say that Dangote was a better option for them! Mumu no brain!
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by immortalcrown(m): 9:44pm On Jul 05, 2022
Quintopia:

LOW IQ. That is the very first thing you should talk about. The conditions for an IMF loan. You are obviously very young so have no clue what the IMF is about, and their history of destroying nations.

You don't need to say anything. We can see you know nothing about them.

Does that ''outside'' include IMF? DUMBO.
If you are not crazy, point out how my comment necessitates this your response. Explain how my comment justifies all this your noise. Is Nigeria not owing the same IMF?
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by Quintopia: 9:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
immortalcrown:
If you are not crazy, point out how my comment necessitates this your response. Explain how my comment justifies all this your noise.

U no get sense. Small pikin.
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by SmartPolician: 9:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
Dangote that is looking for billions to complete his refinery
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by immortalcrown(m): 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2022
Quintopia:
U no get sense. Small pikin.
If you are not the biggest fool on Nairaland, explain how my comment justifies your response. Did I give a wrong information about Ghana, Nigeria or IMF? Is the same Nigeria not indebted to IMF?
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by Quintopia: 9:52pm On Jul 05, 2022
SmartPolician:
Dangote that is looking for billions to complete his refinery

He's not actually ''looking for'' anything. He is just sitting in his office wondering which one of the 25 to 30 ready sources of finance he should approach, ANY OF WHICH will beg him to take their money.

When you have a net worth of 15 to 20 billion dollars, you tend not to have a hard time borrowing an extra billion to fund a project.
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by Quintopia: 10:00pm On Jul 05, 2022
immortalcrown:
If you are not the biggest fool on Nairaland, explain how my comment justifies your response. Did I give a wrong information about Ghana, Nigeria or IMF? Is the same Nigeria not indebted to IMF?

IMF gave out loans to certain nations including Nigeria, to manage the 'covid crisis'. Those loans did not come with the infamous IMF conditionalities.

What Ghana is seeking is a BAILOUT LOAN which is very different, and whose conditionalities are designed to tie a nation's economy into further dependence on western imports, and crush local economic and industrial development..

PHEW!!
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by immortalcrown(m): 10:01pm On Jul 05, 2022
Quintopia:

IMF gave out loans to certain nations including Nigeria, to manage the 'covid crisis'. Those loans did not come with the infamous IMF conditionalities.

What Ghana is seeking is a BAILOUT LOAN which is very different, and whose conditionalities are designed to tie a nation's economy into further dependence on western imports.

PHEW!!
How is this appropriate to my comment? Is my comment about IMF? I simply pointed out that Nigeria also borrows money from other countries instead of borrowing from Dangote. But you are too stupid to understand my simple statement. And when I tried to help you understand it, you claim I lack brain.
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by Quintopia: 10:02pm On Jul 05, 2022
immortalcrown:
How is this appropriate to my comment? Is my comment about IMF?

No, it is about your big fat empty head. Mumu.

]How is this appropriate to my comment? Is my comment about IMF? I simply pointed out that Nigeria also borrows money from other countries instead of borrowing from Dangote. But you are too stupid to understand my simple statement. And when I tried to help you understand it, you claim I lack brain.

Unschooled, ignorant illiterate. When IBB was seeking IMF funds which led to the SAP in Nigeria, your father was still sucking breast, so it is no surprise you are a dunce with no knowledge about the IMF.
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by immortalcrown(m): 10:06pm On Jul 05, 2022
Quintopia:
No, it is about your big fat empty head. Mumu.
You only succeed in displaying your stupidity. You have not been able to show how your response is appropriate to my comment. Continue to display your stupidity. Shame on you if you stop it.
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by Quintopia: 10:11pm On Jul 05, 2022
immortalcrown:
You only succeed in displaying your stupidity. You have not been able to show how your response is appropriate to my comment. Continue to display your stupidity. Shame on you if you stop it.

SHUT UP AND GO AND LEARN ABOUT THE IMF AND ITS INFAMOUS CONDITIONALITIES, WHICH YOU KNOW NOTHNG ABOUT, YOU EMPTY-HEADED, LITTLE BOY IGNORAMUS WITH AN ATTITUDE.
Re: Ghana Should Have Asked DANGOTE For A Loan, Instead Of Crawling To The IMF by immortalcrown(m): 10:13pm On Jul 05, 2022
Quintopia:
SHUT UP AND GO AND LEARN ABOUT THE IMF AND ITS CONDITIONALITIES, YOU EMPTY-HEADED IGNORAMUS WITH AN ATTITUDE.
If not that you are insane, you should have pointed out where I displayed my ignorance of IMF. Until you are able to relate your response to my comment, keep making noise.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Three APC Govs In Private Meeting With Wike / Peter Obi Did By Not Visit Owo / Students In Osun State Contributed Money To Erect This Billboard For Obidatti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.