Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu (24461 Views)

My Speech Excluded Fuel Subsidy But I Had To Stop It On Day One – Tinubu / "God Forbid" – Aisha Yesufu Disagrees With Peter Obi Over Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by dre11(m): 6:46am On Jun 30, 2023
President Bola Tinubu says he will not partake in the economic destruction of the country by enemies of the nation.

He said the bleeding of the country through the oil subsidy regime was a huge joke that should never be allowed to continue under any guise.

The president stated this on Thursday at a reception in his honour by the Lagos State Government.

“We will be needing the necessary resources to achieve the promise we made to Nigerians during our campaign.

“We need to stop the bleeding of our finances through fuel subsidy and the arbitrary exchange regime. We have no choice.

“We’ve to re-engineer the effectiveness of control and management of our resources in order to meet the obligations owed to Nigerians.

I could have said yes I want a share of my benefit and participate in the arbitrage. But no, God forbid. That’s not why you elected me, he said.

The president said that Nigerians would continue to see new and better initiatives for the benefit of, not only the adults, but the children who are the future of the country.

Tinubu pledged to work with the national assembly and state governors in a true separation of powers to achieve the renewed hope agenda of his administration.

The President of the Senate, Sen. Godswill Akpabio, promised to work with the executive arm of government to ensure that Nigerians enjoy the dividends of democracy.

“With what the president has done in Lagos, we are assured that Nigeria is in safe hands.

“We didn’t know this was the plan you had for the country, we wouldn’t have contested with you at the party primaries.

“These few decisions you have taken has served as a catalyst for the country’s development,” he said.

Akpabio said that Lagos has been a model of development for states in Nigeria, adding that the man that did the framework can also do it for Nigeria.

Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State also said that the state governors are in full support of the policies and programmes of the present administration.

He said that the support of the state governors was important towards the realisation of the dream of a better Nigeria.

Similarly, Gov. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq of Kwara said the state governors support the urgent need of Tinubu to reposition the economy of the country.

“The removal of the petroleum subsidy and reversal of the arbitrary exchange regime was the right step in repositioning the country,” AbdulRazaq, who is also the Chairman, Nigeria Governors Forum, said.

Former governor of Lagos Raji Fashola, who represented past governors of Lagos state, assured the president of their continued loyalty to the Tinubu administration.

“We want you to know that we are only a phone call away. Whenever you need us, any of the class that you have mentored, we are ready to serve you once again,” he said.

In a dramatic event, the national assembly members and governors stood up on the podium with their current and former members to show solidarity with the president.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/i-could-have-asked-for-my-share-of-fuel-subsidy-but-god-forbid-tinubu/#google_vignette

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by JasonScoolari: 6:47am On Jun 30, 2023
“We will be needing the necessary resources to achieve the promise we made to Nigerians during our campaign.

Unserious dimwit... How about you cut the cost of governance? Lol.

“I could have said yes I want a share of my benefit and participate in the arbitrage. But no, God forbid.

You have already started to collect your share by "widening the tax net" and true to your words, you owe your supporters nothing.

grin

156 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by Babzrockman: 6:50am On Jun 30, 2023
Are you indirectly saying former president got his own shares?

Buhari is one of the scam of the century.

Buhari was the Petroleum Minister
Aisha was the president Bureau De Change

210 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by vastolord4(m): 6:50am On Jun 30, 2023
So there's a platform to request for one's share of the subsidy?

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by JASONjnr(m): 6:51am On Jun 30, 2023
You would've been the greediest man standing if you asked for your share of the fuel subsidy with all the looted funds you acquire from Lagos state.

And for you to even think of this, it means you are never the less a greedy person.

No wonder you're always talking about taxation.

116 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by NOwazobia: 6:53am On Jun 30, 2023
Asking for your share wouldn't help the propaganda.

Atleast I am happy that you remember those who voted for you by selling fuel to them at 150 naira per litre. I am ok with that. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I know you are still preparing free education for them likewise...

The only Jagaban of bourdillion! grin

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by BeninRefugees: 7:13am On Jun 30, 2023
NOwazobia:
Asking for your share wouldn't help the propaganda.

Atleast I am happy that you remember those who voted for you by selling fuel to them at 150 naira per litre. I am ok with that. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I know you are still preparing free education for them likewise...

The only Jagaban of bourdillion! grin
yeah bourdillion that he lost

10 Likes

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by bigdammyj: 7:27am On Jun 30, 2023
Noted.

1 Like

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by Belteshazzar1: 7:43am On Jun 30, 2023
Every body is feeling the heat already.... This is just the start......
Let's see if he would say the same thing in 2years time......

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by Ofunaofu: 7:57am On Jun 30, 2023
A Notorious narcotic drug trafficker engaging in criminal state capture will always ask for his share

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by SAMBARRY: 8:01am On Jun 30, 2023
Please just do your job and let the results speak

Even if you say you will lie down and allow all obidients walk over your head, they'll still criticize you.theyre emotional cry babies so no need indulging them.

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by WhatIf: 8:01am On Jun 30, 2023
Reading mode activated!
Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 30, 2023
Abeg shut your mouth.

You're doing much worse than those collecting fuel subsidy.

Shamelessly corrupt agbero

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:02am On Jun 30, 2023
Renewed shege ++

cool

11 Likes

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by Judolisco(m): 8:02am On Jun 30, 2023
Tinubu d Saint.... Saintsamin ganja

3 Likes

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by Ola9ja23: 8:02am On Jun 30, 2023
K
Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by ivandragon: 8:02am On Jun 30, 2023
So those who have corruptly enriched themselves would go scot free?

Crime really pays in nigeria as long as your loot is in the billions & you are politically connected.

The masses will continue to sacrifice for the rich in nigeria.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by TriCee: 8:02am On Jun 30, 2023
Please tell me Tinubu didn't say this. You could have for your share? Really?
Oh, so that's what the Presidents do? Ask for their shares at will?

So Jonathan and Buhari may have collected their shares then.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 8:03am On Jun 30, 2023
Then why did you block the street when Jonathan tried to stop the sharing by removing the fuel subsidy? Back then, things were much better, fuel could never have gotten up to 250 even with the removal. I hate hypocrisy! Tinubu and all APC supporters are hypocrites!
This country is deep rotten in corruption

55 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by kingamaa(m): 8:03am On Jun 30, 2023
Focused leadership - good

Add a human face to it

Streets no dey laugh

Hunger dey wire person

4 Likes

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by omoadeleye(m): 8:03am On Jun 30, 2023
Nice one baba

2 Likes

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by Shinki: 8:03am On Jun 30, 2023
Hmm
Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by Guyman01: 8:03am On Jun 30, 2023
Oando which is managed by your cousin Wale Tinubu is one of the biggest beneficiaries of the subsidy scam and the retail arm of Oando sold dilapidated filling stations to NNPC and you helped to facilitate that deal with the Minister of Petroleum for 8 years (Buhari) that you helped to install with media packaging.

Anyway let me join his suffering and smiling supporters to scream 'This fuel subsidy removal will favour me and my family'👪 cheesy

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by Ola9ja23: 8:04am On Jun 30, 2023
BeninRefugees:
yeah bourdillion that he lost
He lost be is now in control of everything 😄🤣😂
The one that won is now crying in court 😂🤣😄

IPOB console mentality

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by accordadoga26(f): 8:04am On Jun 30, 2023
You are the best man for this job Ashiwaju.

Pigs can grunt.

5/100

3 Likes

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by almarthins(m): 8:04am On Jun 30, 2023
Babzrockman:
Are you indirectly saying former president got his own shares?

Buhari is one the scam of the century.

Buhari was the Petroleum Minister
Aisha was the president Bureau De Change

Indirectly the former president got his own share

1 Like

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by Elvis2kay: 8:04am On Jun 30, 2023
OBI "YES DADDY" THE MAN WHO LEFT UK IN 2025.THE MAN WHO SEEK ADVICE FROM A MAD MAN. THE MAN WHO STUDY MARKET TO MARKET MANAGEMENT IN HAVARD...WOULD HAVE JOIN HIS BROTHER EMEFIELE & SUCK THE COUNTRY DRY.. GOB BLESS JAGABAN 🙌

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by gialo: 8:05am On Jun 30, 2023
Make i no just talk wetin dey my mind first
Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by ehikwe22: 8:05am On Jun 30, 2023
Why ask for a part when you have the power to embezzle it all? The drug cartel leader Tinubu knows better than being a partaker when he can be the sole beneficiary

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by Oakenshield: 8:05am On Jun 30, 2023
His cousin collected Omo
Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by iammo(m): 8:05am On Jun 30, 2023
cool

1 Like

Re: I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu by Xwizard: 8:05am On Jun 30, 2023
they could have also directed half of the budget for subsidy to another commodity majorly consumed by the poor, how about subsiding rice, cement, oil chicken and lots

The poor wants to eat, feed them and have a very smooth administration.
Nigerians can’t last the subsidy removal till August. Not sure they can, believe me they can’t

But it will favor me and my family as they say

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Ojudu Move To Reconcile Kwankwaso And Ganduje (photos) / Presidential Order: Taskforce Starts Towing Of Trucks And Trailers On The Roads / Northern Traders To Resume North To South Movement As Yahaya Bello Intervenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.