Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,165 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No (1940 Views)

What Happened To Nairalist? / Is It Me Or Nairalist.com Is Pai? / Nairalist.com. Free Advert Site For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by mikuz(m): 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2011
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by semid4lyfe(m): 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2011
EXCLUSIVE: MIH Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said NO
by Loy Okezie / Tuesday, July 26th, 2011

We’ve learned from a reliable source that MIH Internet Africa, the owners of Dealfish and Kalahari in Nigeria made an offer to acquire a stake in Nairalist, but was rejected by founder, Seun Osewa.

The deal, according to our source, would have fetched Nairalist close to $200,000 (about N30 million) last year. Our source also revealed that Osewa may have been offered about $1 million to buy Nairaland, the largest online forum in Nigeria.

Yesterday, at the Pitch Monday [/b]event in Lagos, Dealfish’s Country Manager, Francis Ebuehi confirmed to me that MIH had talks with Nairalist founder, Seun Osewa at some point last year to acquire the classified site, but would not comment on details why the deal went off.

Ebuehi further said that although Nairalist is no longer a threat to Dealfish, they’re now looking to gain more market share, while anticipating stronger competition from elsewhere.

Earlier this month, Osewa [b]raised a red flag [/b]on his competitor’s increased popularity within the Nigerian online classifieds marketplace in a Twitter update where he asked the question: [b]Has Dealfish finally managed to kill Nairalist?

Already, there are indications that Dealfish is now the most popular classified ads site in Nigeria in less than one year. The service provides more value to users, especially with their mobile website and may have lured Nairalist users with their million-naira ad campaigns seen on Google ads across local and global sites, Youtube, and buses around Nigeria.

Dealfish is launching soon in Ghana where it already has strong competition such as Google Trader.

Kai! Money good o grin

I mean, Seun wey be ''lepa'' before don fat up and fine finish o. . . judging from that hin pix wey dey the link of the story.

If na me. . .Nairaland I would never sell but Nairalist I could let go for the right amount
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by tpia5: 10:29pm On Jul 26, 2011
i think seun should take some photoshoots with ty bello, to increase his site marketability.

wouldnt hurt anyway.

and why is he so private, unlike mark zuckerberg of facebook.

by now shouldnt nlers know more about him. Any wives, girlfriends, etc.
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by tpia5: 10:31pm On Jul 26, 2011
first time i'm hearing about dealfish btw.

so they want to buy nl as well?
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by Afam4eva(m): 12:36am On Jul 27, 2011
Dealfish launched a massive online campaign througt last year and this year. They have loads of money to spend.

Seun sef dey chop up. As bigz boy concern.
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by MeGaStReEt: 2:31am On Jul 27, 2011
chicken change for NL, Seun is only going to sell at the right price, and i dont think he is in a hurry
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by russellino: 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2011
shocked See foresight O ! Seun na badooo
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 28, 2011
Beg to differ, selling Nairalist would not have been a bad idea, considering the size and deep pockets of dealfish. But then again, Seun may not be motivated by money sha, in which case, he can hold on nairalist as part of NL
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by maclatunji: 4:22pm On Jul 28, 2011
Eheeeeeeen!
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by tpia5: 5:23pm On Jul 28, 2011
who owns dealfish and where are they based.
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2011
^ Dealfish is a subsidiary of MIH internet Africa. MIH is owned by Naspers, a South African media company
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by tpia5: 6:16pm On Jul 28, 2011
^^thanks.

i guessed as much.

ie the south african link.
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 28, 2011
tpia@:

i think seun should take some photoshoots with ty bello, to increase his site marketability.

wouldnt hurt anyway.

and why is he so private, unlike mark zuckerberg of facebook.

by now shouldnt nlers know more about him. Any wives, girlfriends, etc.
ahahhahahahha grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by tpia5: 6:19pm On Jul 28, 2011
^^yes?

can i help you wink
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 28, 2011
I only laughed at your comment ma. lol
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by tpia5: 6:22pm On Jul 28, 2011
^^lol

aunty, i thought i struck a nerve cheesy
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 28, 2011
I don't see how Nairaland is worth anything remotely close to N155million ($1m). Who did the valuation? But then, Seun is free to dream pipe dreams.
*reports self to the nearest police station*
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by Seun(m): 12:52am On Jul 30, 2011
The figures are completely false.
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by billante(m): 2:02am On Jul 30, 2011
Seun:

The figures are completely false.
Seun don talk, everybody listen!! but seun can we hear d correct gist from you!! and pls moderator pls take this to d front page!! dis topic will inspire a lot of young enterprenures liike me!!
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by toluxa1(m): 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2011
I think what dealfish is doing is just initial garagara. Yeah, they have alot of money and to them, they are investing with all the millions they are spending on adverts but the question is, will they be able to get returns on money spent? There was never a time when Nairaland or Nairalist enbarked on massive campaigns like this to make itself known, people discovered it. So lets just wait and see, as someone said, when the party is over, everyone goes back home.

@seun. My sources tell me that Mark and co at facebook are planning to buy Nairaland for $50million, you go sell?
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by page9(m): 4:30am On Aug 14, 2011
Your source?
Well, we are all motivated by different things in life. Money is not all there is to life but d decision is solely seun's to to take whether or not he will like to sell nairaland or not.
I do not believe dis "$50million source" but if it is true, that a lot of money worth considering
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by tpia5: 5:01am On Aug 14, 2011
i really doubt anyone would offer $50 million for nairaland, unless commercial grade oil was discovered in seun's hometown and the prospective buyer was assured of an oil license there.
Re: Exclusive: Mih Wanted To Buy Nairalist, But Seun Osewa Said No by ifyalways(f): 10:43am On Aug 15, 2011
Very funny thread. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Two Girls From University Of Lagos Fighting Over A Boy [video] / Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Dakar - Senegal. / When Nigeria Sneezes,other Africans Catch Cold:how True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.