Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

What Happened To Nairalist? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Happened To Nairalist? (7257 Views)

Is It Me Or Nairalist.com Is Pai? / Nairaland/Nairalist Maintenance & Upgrade / Nairalist.com. Free Advert Site For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To Nairalist? by Kellymann: 10:31am On Aug 27, 2011
I think this question should be directed at Seun. What's happening to nairalist? I don't think any update has been done on the site for the past five days. Even the button to post a new advert is no long there. Initially I thought it was an issue with my internet connection until I accessed the page on another internet connection which is more reliable.

I am beginning to think the site has become full with too many posts that the site's memory can handle. If this is the case, I think Seun should try to delete some very old post of more than 9 or 12 months to create more space. If not, then I feel we should know what the issue is cos the site has become a one-stop for 'online' buyers and sellers and some people's day do not pass without them logging on to the site either to post ads, see what is available for sale, etc.

So whats happening guys?!!!
Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2011
Seun will have to respond to us that visit the site frequently lipsrsealed undecided
Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by kodewrita(m): 8:28am On Aug 28, 2011
He froze the site until he can get a webmaster to collaborate on it. Its distracting him and he needs someone who can code python to handle it. Nobody has volunteered so he has frozen it just like the earlier forum before nairaland (www.mobilenigeria.com)
Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by tpia5: 5:51am On Aug 29, 2011
too much competition from dealfish i guess.
Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by okadaman2: 7:37pm On Aug 29, 2011
kodewrita:

He froze the site until he can get a webmaster to collaborate on it. Its distracting him and he needs someone who can code python to handle it. Nobody has volunteered so he has frozen it just like the earlier forum before nairaland (www.mobilenigeria.com)

Python nor be snake? Una dey do juju dia?.

Anyway, shey dem dey sell Okada for the website?
Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by santakris(m): 7:40pm On Aug 29, 2011
As for me, am missing the site already. Nairalist is my own facebook. Pls find urgent solution to whatever the problem is Oga Seun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by kodewrita(m): 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2011
okada_man:

Python nor be snake? Una dey do juju dia?.

Anyway, shey dem dey sell Okada for the website?

lmao

Oga no drop your passenger for gutter ehhh?

how business?
Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by okadaman2: 7:48pm On Aug 29, 2011
^

Bros no shaking I dey holiday today, enuff Ramadan chopulation for our garage hia o.

Abeg if them get fairly used Innoson Okada just PM me.
Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by pakoto: 7:54pm On Aug 29, 2011
dealfish is no competition , nairalist was so perfect bought my car ,my bb,my laptop off the site cry cry cry i miss my nairalist real bad

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by elomi: 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2011

This is exactly what we were talking about today. Business Continuity in Nigeria and the role of Software Developers in the economy.

God forbid but what happens if Seun is incapacitated and can not code again? I know he had thought about this. What happens if a lot of us get to a point where we can not run or manage our businesses any longer?

Think about it guys we really need to do something and fast too. Let us stop going at it alone. It's better to share N1billion with 10 people than to eat N10 million alone.

We really need to synergize and pull resources together. That way we won't be inundated with the amount of work needed to be done to achieve desired results.

rgds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by kodewrita(m): 7:59pm On Aug 29, 2011
elomi:

This is exactly what we were talking about today. Business Continuity in Nigeria and the role of Software Developers in the economy.

God forbid but what happens if Seun is incapacitated and can not code again? I know he had thought about this. What happens if a lot of us get to a point where we can not run or manage our businesses any longer?

Think about it guys we really need to do something and fast too. Let us stop going at it alone. It's better to share N1billion with 10 people than to eat N10 million alone.

We really need to synergize and pull resources together. That way we won't be inundated with the amount of work needed to be done to achieve desired results.

rgds

frankly I would love to do that but I am too scared of other people's greed to do that. How do I know they wont send someone after me so that they wont have to share the billion? thot of getting a female partner but on second thot that might be worse.
Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by elomi: 8:10pm On Aug 29, 2011
@Kodewrita. You are not alone in this that's why you have legal and business frameworks to handle those aspects of business and more. What do you think will happen if somebody like Dangote dies today? just as an example. Who inherits his wealth? Definitely not any of the other directors on the board and not any of the shareholders.

Businesses can only grow and remain sustainable if they are structured accordingly. Remember they are entities.

Anything outside this is just hobby. Show me a business that is not structured and I would show you a business heading for the rocks. No matter how big, just a matter of time. Usually dies at the death of the owner.
Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by yeye4live(m): 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2011
its affecting me too, why s d site close down,haz he gvin any reason yet
Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by okadaman2: 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2011
kodewrita:

frankly I would love to do that but I am too scared of other people's greed to do that. How do I know they wont send someone after me so that they wont have to share the billion? thot of getting a female partner but on second thot that might be worse.

Bros, lawyer don finish for Naija? Lawyer up your corporation or partnership.

Even my hire purchase Okadamen signed contract before I released my machine.
Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by okadaman2: 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2011
elomi:

@Kodewrita. You are not alone in this that's why you have legal and business frameworks to handle those aspects of business and more. What do you think will happen if somebody like Dangote dies today? just as an example. Who inherits his wealth? Definitely not any of the other directors on the board and not any of the shareholders.

Businesses can only grow and remain sustainable if they are structured accordingly. Remember they are entities.

Anything outside this is just hobby. Show me a business that is not structured and I would show you a business heading for the rocks. No matter how big, just a matter of time. Usually dies at the death of the owner.

Good yarn

Okadaman's Teachable Moment:

Students, replace "business" in this post with "Nigeria" or "country" and you have a good explanation of our country's problem. Those who are not ready to restructure Nigeria cannot change it.
Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by cantell(m): 8:37pm On Aug 29, 2011
Seun, show your sef na.
We miss the site.
Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by seedord247(m): 8:45pm On Aug 29, 2011
pakoto:

dealfish is no competition , nairalist was so perfect bought my car ,my bb,my laptop off the siteĀ  cry cry cry i miss my nairalist real bad

You even marry your wife there naaa
Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by ekel101: 8:48pm On Aug 29, 2011
i think Seun is looking for investors or has sold it , because dealfish has taken over
Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2011
a very wrong move.
Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by geezyk(m): 9:25pm On Aug 29, 2011
Pls seun help us return nairalist to its place,cos we cant afford to lose it,an ddats where i do all my transactions,
Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by Kellymann: 12:15am On Aug 30, 2011
Well, for those who think dealfish is a competition, I beg to disagree. Nairalist has its followership already and caters to the need of sellers who want to post classifieds and buyers looking for a good deal. Nairalist is easily accessible, loads faster and user friendly. Methinks Seun should come out with an official statement on this. If he wants to sell, then he should make his intention know.
Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by Kellymann: 12:34am On Aug 30, 2011
Okada man! How market! Nice comic relief from you. More power to ya!
Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by BodyKiss(m): 1:43am On Aug 30, 2011
Are you guys serious? I see nairalist as a lazy man's job. And it can't be compare to dealfish.
Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by born2boink(m): 9:32am On Aug 30, 2011
Seun internet subscription has expired and the charges is too much,maybe he is still gathering the money to resubscribe

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Nairalist? by initialize(m): 9:48am On Aug 30, 2011
Seun come and answer this questions o. nairalist is my shop where i display my wares and business has not been booming since you brought KAI to come and lock the shop since last Sunday. If you want us to pay rent, tell us now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Names Of Nigerian TOP Pastors In Illuminati / How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? / Free Kpmg Past Questions And Explained Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.