Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Should I Buy Another Air Conditioner? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Should I Buy Another Air Conditioner? (680 Views)

Buy Cheap Moveable Air Conditioner 08 0 27206584 / LOW COST & QUALITY AC: We Deal On ANY Air CONDITIONER UNIT / Lost Your Phone & Don’t Have Cash To Buy Another Right Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Buy Another Air Conditioner? by fineboynl(m): 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2022
The last time I filled my air conditioner. It was mortuary standard chilling.

But i told the man to properly check for the leaks. But he never did properly. He told me it was okay. But I insist he check the upper side of the pipes. He only check the downside which has some oil in it and fix only that.

He told me if it leaks again I should called him. Why I was enjoying the chilling air conditioner I began to notice some drop in cooling I called him but he said I should first use it like that for now. And observe it some more. That If it leaks off he will come.

During that time I give up on him. And lost his contact. I forget about the air conditioner because we have power issues that lasted more than a year.

The air conditioner was flat completely so I called a new technician who observe the leak from the upper pipe. After he did it we bought gas but the air conditioner is not chilling like it was last time. I complained and I called him again to come and service it another day still the same thing happens.

I called another guy who came and told me to flush the system, saying the gas might not be genuine one. He go with the outdoor unit and later bring it back. Put in new gas but it's the same thing.

It's just there chilling but not mortuary standard kind of chilling the way I want or the way it was before.

Have wasted 20k already and don't plan to waste any more. It's killing my electricity bills as I used prepared meter. My vottage is 237 even way above the recommended 230.

Should I buy new air conditioner? I am just confused.
Re: Should I Buy Another Air Conditioner? by Cypress042(m): 9:13pm On Jul 06, 2022
Re: Should I Buy Another Air Conditioner? by sofiscatedmoron: 9:39pm On Jul 06, 2022
fineboynl:

The last time I filled my air conditioner. It was badly chilling.

I told the man to properly check for the leaks. But he never did properly. He told me it was okay. But I insist he check the upper side of the pipes. He only check the downside which has some oil in it.

He told me if it leaks again I should called him. Why I was enjoying the chilling air conditioner I began to notice some drop in cooling I called him but he said I should first use it like that for now. And observe it some nore. That If it leaks off I will come.

During that time I give up on him. And lost his contact. I forget about the air conditioner because we hard a power issues that lasted more than a year.

The air conditioner was flat completely so I called a new technician who observe the leak from the upper pipe. After he did it we bought gas but the air conditioner is not chilling it was last time. I complained. I called it again to come and service it another day the same thing happens.

I called another guy who came and told me to flush the system, say the gas might not be genuine one. He go with the outdoor unit and later bring it back. Put in new gas but it's the same thing.

It's just there chilling but not mortuary standard kind of chilling the way I want or the way it was before.

Have wasted 20k already and don't plan to waste any more. It's killing my electricity bills as I used prepared meter. My vottage is already 237 even way above the recommended 230.

Should I buy new air conditioner? I am just confused.

How many huspower
Re: Should I Buy Another Air Conditioner? by fineboynl(m): 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2022
sofiscatedmoron:

How many huspower
1hp
Re: Should I Buy Another Air Conditioner? by ekanDamie: 12:22am On Jul 07, 2022
fineboynl:
1hp
Bro. Its 1hsp na. That mortuary standard u talking off, I can guess the weather outdoor was cool at those times. As a check, see if ur AC is cooler at night n early mornings. If so, it's not the AC, it's the capacity of the AC. U need to either increase the HP
Re: Should I Buy Another Air Conditioner? by LogicBomb8: 12:30am On Jul 07, 2022
ekanDamie:

Bro. Its 1hsp na. That mortuary standard u talking off, I can guess the weather outdoor was cool at those times. As a check, see if ur AC is cooler at night n early mornings. If so, it's not the AC, it's the capacity of the AC. U need to either increase the HP
how possible is this ?
Re: Should I Buy Another Air Conditioner? by ekanDamie: 12:38am On Jul 07, 2022
LogicBomb8:
how possible is this ?
Like,buy a higher HP
Re: Should I Buy Another Air Conditioner? by fineboynl(m): 12:46am On Jul 07, 2022
ekanDamie:

it's the same mortuary standard. From the Same ac. Since the gas that came with it leak out completely. Refilling has from scratch has not really done anything good.

If you top ac gas it will cool. But if that original gas completely leak out. The air condition will never remain the same again.
Re: Should I Buy Another Air Conditioner? by StPete: 6:22am On Jul 07, 2022
Your AC complaints is exactly like mine. But in my case, I have spent close to 100k filling and refilling gas, even going as far as changing the AC compressor. I just abandoned the AC till there’s enough money to buy another
Re: Should I Buy Another Air Conditioner? by fineboynl(m): 8:38am On Jul 07, 2022
StPete:
Your AC complaints is exactly like mine. But in my case, I have spent close to 100k filling and refilling gas, even going as far as changing the AC compressor. I just abandoned the AC till there’s enough money to buy another
is because of the gas going completely flat.

You can never find that manufacturer ac gas anywhere.
Re: Should I Buy Another Air Conditioner? by sofiscatedmoron: 8:45am On Jul 07, 2022
fineboynl:
is because of the gas going completely flat.

You can never find that manufacturer ac gas anywhere.
Is that so ?
Re: Should I Buy Another Air Conditioner? by dangoteinlaw: 8:49am On Jul 07, 2022
Those hvac guys are all liars and that person saying it's coz its 1hp is not correct. A HP is supposed to cool even an 18sqm room but it will only take longer time to properly circulate. Mine was like that, I spent more than 40grand refilling and tracing leaks and I just gave up on it. I'm thinking HVAC guys do it on purpose to extort users coz I'm yet to see anyone enjoying their split AC. Normal gas fill isn't supposed to run out, just like a gas cooker it's to remain there as long as there's no leaks.

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Another Air Conditioner? by fineboynl(m): 2:03pm On Jul 07, 2022
sofiscatedmoron:

Is that so ?
yes oh. But if the gas is low. And you just too it. It will still have cooling charge.

I guess the original gas is very expensive. that why you can't find it in this part of the world.
Re: Should I Buy Another Air Conditioner? by fineboynl(m): 2:07pm On Jul 07, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
Those hvac guys are all liars and that person saying it's coz its 1hp is not correct. A HP is supposed to cool even an 18sqm room but it will only take longer time to properly circulate. Mine was like that, I spent more than 40grand refilling and tracing leaks and I just gave up on it. I'm thinking HVAC guys do it on purpose to extort users coz I'm yet to see anyone enjoying their split AC. Normal gas fill isn't supposed to run out, just like a gas cooker it's to remain there as long as there's no leaks.
the best ac is the well unit. If you bought it brand new it will last for ages. Because no one will temper with it. That split ac normally develop leaks from the valves and connections where they connect the pipes. That where 95% of the leaks comes from.

Once that original gas goes flat that ac will never remain the same again. The gas are inferior gas.

If it's wall unit nothing will temper with the gas. It will last for years and easy to maintain and service. The only down side is that its not fancy.
Re: Should I Buy Another Air Conditioner? by sofiscatedmoron: 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2022
fineboynl:
yes oh. But if the gas is low. And you just too it. It will still have cooling charge.

I guess the original gas is very expensive. that why you can't find it in this part of the world.
Nice info
Re: Should I Buy Another Air Conditioner? by sofiscatedmoron: 5:21pm On Jul 07, 2022
ekanDamie:

It's not because of 1hp,
My 1hp chills like mad,, it depends on d size of room and the ac itself

(1) (Reply)

Save Box / . / Lenovo Edge15 Core I5|640gb| 6gb |win11| 60k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.