Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,500 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

ASUU Strike Has Forced Me Into An Urgent Search For A Husband - Student Laments - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike Has Forced Me Into An Urgent Search For A Husband - Student Laments (1426 Views)

Nigerian Lady Reveals What ASUU Strike Has 'Done To Her' (Before & After Photos) / NDU Student Laments As Rat "Chops" Her 30k Inside A Saving Box In Amassoma / "If I Do Masters, Make I Bend" IMSU Student Laments On His Graduation Day. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike Has Forced Me Into An Urgent Search For A Husband - Student Laments by DonCrack: 11:04am On Jul 07, 2022
One Maryam Adamu, a 20-year-old student of Gombe State University, (GSU) has lamented over the prolonged strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASSU).

Maryam, in an interview with Daily Sun lamented about how messed up the strike is and how it has forced her into an urgent search for a husband.

The 200-level student of Public Administration said that her plans and wishes to graduate before the age of 20 has being be to a stop due to the strike.

She said that her staying at home due to the strike has killed her spirit of studying before marriage as she initially planned.

She said;

"I cannot take it anymore. Our continued stay at home following the shutting down of academic activities since February is not going down well with us. Many of us have lost the spirit. As I speak now, if I am asked to choose between going back to school and marriage, I would put marriage first,” said the student, who disclosed that she had been carried away by studies and never thought of marrying before graduation.

"This strike has forced me into an urgent search for a husband because that is what I could think of while staying at home with no assignments and studies to keep me busy. Most of my friends who had married earlier when marriage was a no-go area for me are today nursing their one or two children and I am in a way jealous

"ASUU and government can continue with their games, all I care about and I am worrying about now is to get married so that I will not fall into things I will end up regretting because I don’t even know what I will be going back to do if schools are to be reopened today. They have killed the interest in me and so many of school friends. My parents have now picked interest in giving me out in marriage."

https://hgsmediaplus.com/2022/07/07/ASUU-strike-has-forced-me-into-an-urgent-search-for-a-husband-student-laments/

Lalasticlala

Re: ASUU Strike Has Forced Me Into An Urgent Search For A Husband - Student Laments by BootyliciousBoy(m): 11:06am On Jul 07, 2022
You people imposed Buhari on Nigerians and you still want Tinubu and Atiku to continue from where Buhari stopped.

So reap the fruit of your labour in peace undecided
Re: ASUU Strike Has Forced Me Into An Urgent Search For A Husband - Student Laments by Samakus(m): 11:19am On Jul 07, 2022
20 year old is already desperate for marriage? shocked

This is part of the reasons North will continue to be a breeding ground for political instability

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Has Forced Me Into An Urgent Search For A Husband - Student Laments by ExplorerReturns(m): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2022
Lol. Why search when you can pay someone to marry you?
Re: ASUU Strike Has Forced Me Into An Urgent Search For A Husband - Student Laments by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 07, 2022
Thankgod it ain't a southerner
Re: ASUU Strike Has Forced Me Into An Urgent Search For A Husband - Student Laments by Holybaddo: 2:40am On Jul 08, 2022
A jobless man is the devil work shop
Re: ASUU Strike Has Forced Me Into An Urgent Search For A Husband - Student Laments by Pearl004: 3:32am On Jul 08, 2022
That is Nigeria for you. However, why can't you to this idle time to lay your hands on any skills that might be profitable for you in the future.

No knowledge is waste expecially Tech. Skills

Re: ASUU Strike Has Forced Me Into An Urgent Search For A Husband - Student Laments by DRPAIT123(m): 3:38am On Jul 08, 2022
That's what happens when the educational sector is crude.
Re: ASUU Strike Has Forced Me Into An Urgent Search For A Husband - Student Laments by Authoreety: 8:36am On Jul 08, 2022
Liability Looking for who to handle her responsibilities
Re: ASUU Strike Has Forced Me Into An Urgent Search For A Husband - Student Laments by chiamalinda: 10:04am On Jul 08, 2022
We might want to know more about the ASUU strike in Nigeria - the history and trend.
However, I will like to get more questions from students affected by the ASUU strike.
Some Nigerian University lecturers will be addressing your questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLuN3Nb-VFU

(1) (Reply)

Remember Your Primary School / Futa Uds Form Out! / Caritas University Admission Is On!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.