Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines (10763 Views)

Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee / #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Suspends State Functions For Three Days / Sanwo-Olu Suspends Bamidele Balogun For Imposing 5% Levy On Digital Platforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by ogododo: 9:29pm On Jul 07, 2022
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State on Thursday ordered the suspension of the “State Guidelines on Safe Termination of Pregnancy for Legal Indications” issued by the Directorate of Family Health and Nutrition in the Ministry of Health.

Sanwo-Olu said that the suspension would allow for adequate public sensitization and stakeholder engagement to reach a consensus required for successful guideline development.

According to him, the new guidelines would not be implemented until adequate deliberation.

This was contained in a statement by Prof. Akin Abayomi, the State’s Commissioner for Health, titled, “Retraction on guidelines relating to safe termination of pregnancy for medical reasons in Lagos State’.

The statement read in part, “Among the several factors that contribute to maternal mortality, illegal abortions and high-risk pregnancies leading to unresolvable complications rank high.

“The Lagos State Ministry of Health is seeking different methods to eliminate illegal abortions and ensure that a mother doesn’t die at childbirth, thereby disrupting an entire family unit.

“These guidelines have generated immense public interest, which has necessitated escalating it to Mr Governor.

“To this end, we are suspending the implementation of these guidelines in the meantime for the Executive Council to deliberate on this matter and ensure adequate public sensitization and stakeholder engagement to reach a consensus required for successful guideline development.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/07/lagos-sanwo-olu-suspends-abortion-guidelines/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by ogododo: 9:40pm On Jul 07, 2022
Catholics don fire warning shot to Sanwoolu.

16 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by EkelediliBuhari: 9:43pm On Jul 07, 2022
I said it before

It’s an infringement on a woman’s right to her body. Omaha should have a choice whether or not to allow a baby grow inside her

Christistruth00:

The Baby no get right ?

at all... Nil right until born...

else they might as well issue it a Nigerian Passport while its in the womb

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 07, 2022
I did not even comment on the topic before cos i know it was a very useless law. how on earth will you sit in your office and start dictating to people how they must use their bodies? it makes no sense to me.

infact, i'm of the opinion that abortion should be legalize in this country, i even created a thread about it

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by ogododo: 10:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
Sanwoolu na test and run, no thinking through ability Lalasticlala.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by NwaNimo1(m): 10:34pm On Jul 07, 2022
Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by Amuluonyenaego: 6:40am On Jul 08, 2022
Nothing come out, God bless you sir.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by vincentjk(m): 6:41am On Jul 08, 2022
I think this is a welcome development.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 08, 2022
Hmm
Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by Freshfish4: 6:43am On Jul 08, 2022
Our government is a very stupid entity. America don do their own wahala on abortion matter, we wan copy them come start own wahala.

Why can't we set our priorities straight in this country.

Insecurity is in a worst state right now that NO One is safe in Nigeria.

Inflation is at all time high in the history of this country.

Fuel scarcity is biting hard on citizens.

Millions of People are processing visas to different countries everyday just to run away before the elections cos of fear of the unknown and for greener pastures.

All these things don't bother you,

Na Abortion be your concern?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by Jostoman: 6:43am On Jul 08, 2022
The fear of JANDOR and FUNKE AkINDELE is the beginning of
Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by Johnrake69: 6:43am On Jul 08, 2022
Hmmmmmm
Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by nairalander2020(m): 6:44am On Jul 08, 2022
You should use comdom or preventive pills,why killing some one when you can prevent the growth in the first place.
I will only support abortion if the person is going through high risk pregnancy.
pro life for good

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by Pipefitter: 6:44am On Jul 08, 2022
In a time we need population control more than anything, I think people should decide if they want kids...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by Entprys(m): 6:44am On Jul 08, 2022
If I get to office as a Lagos State gov, I make abortion mandatary for all unmarried ladies(especially our yoruba girls). It will reduce the number of ONE MILLION BOYS breeding in south west

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by Ejehkob: 6:44am On Jul 08, 2022
Ok
Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by KaluwisxPRO: 6:44am On Jul 08, 2022
udoji2021:
I did not even comment on the topic before cos i know it was a very useless law. how on earth will you sit in your office and start dictating to people how they must use their bodies? it makes no sense to me.

infact, i'm of the opinion that abortion should be legalize in this country, i even created a thread about it

You have a choice to use condom, you deliberately refused. You’re not just putting yourself in harms way with infection, but with unwanted pregnancies which both a man and a woman have a choice to use condom or not.

Now you’re pregnant, you want a government guided professional to terminate the child because you were not being careful with yourself.

Pregnancy is never in this life a mistake, except in the case of rape, which itself is a crime.

Who do we blame should you contract HIV..? Is it you or the government?? With your answer, we will know who to blame for getting pregnant without protection.

You should carry your pregnancy cross the same way you have no choice with HIV. No one is to blame but you and your choices.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by sammyj: 6:46am On Jul 08, 2022
Funny lack of deep thinking Pontius pilate !!! To be revisited if he emerges the winner of the state election. Na wash !!! shocked shocked
Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by dler07: 6:47am On Jul 08, 2022
undecided
Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by SugarGirl44(f): 6:49am On Jul 08, 2022
We've not gotten to the stage of discussing delicate matters like this.
People are hungry Sanwolu!!! talk about that and more important survival matters, not abortion.

If women like, they should not be careful with their reproductive health, na dem sabi.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by naija4life247: 6:53am On Jul 08, 2022
sammyj:
Funny lack of deep thinking Pontius pilate !!! To be revisited if he emerges the winner of the state election. Na wash !!! shocked shocked

This one head no correct again. Too much drugs
Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by harmargedon: 6:54am On Jul 08, 2022
udoji2021:

we know comrade, the numbers are written all over your face. angry grin grin grin grin
Just be careful so that you don't terminate yourself join.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by naija4life247: 6:56am On Jul 08, 2022
udoji2021:

Children of baby factories are easily identified
Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by sammyj: 6:56am On Jul 08, 2022
naija4life247:

This one head no correct again. Too much drugs
Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by MadamExcellency: 6:56am On Jul 08, 2022
Pipefitter:
In a time we need population control more than anything, I think people should decide if they want kids...

You are very wrong.

Elon Musk says the problem to civilization is underpopulation and he now has 9 children and will be helping on his own part
Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by naija4life247: 6:57am On Jul 08, 2022
EkelediliBuhari:
I said it before

It’s an infringement on a woman’s right to her body. Omaha should have a choice whether or not to allow a baby grow inside her

Go to your baby factory state and be killing your children the way you like
Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by Pipefitter: 7:03am On Jul 08, 2022
MadamExcellency:

You are very wrong.

Elon Musk says the problem to civilization is underpopulation and he now has 9 children and will be helping on his own part

That my opinion is contradictory to that of the richest man in the world doesn't make my views wrong. In China, there is strict birth regulation and I bet you that decision came from a group of the most intelligent people in the world with a robust economy for everyone despite their huge population as against a man hoarding enough wealth to ease hunger in the world
Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by Pipefitter: 7:08am On Jul 08, 2022
nairalander2020:
You should use comdom or preventive pills,why killing some one when you can prevent the growth in the first place.
I will only support abortion if the person is going through high risk pregnancy.
pro life for good

What happens when a rapist impregnates his victim? If there could be exceptions in the "guidelines" then it should be scrapped totally. The world would be better with lesser people, same way it's easier for a family of 3 or 4 as against a family of 12

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Abortion Guidelines by oloyedewaris(m): 7:08am On Jul 08, 2022
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wuese Tyopev Decamps To APC With Thousands In Benue / I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole / Who Is The Most Powerful Politician In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.