Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Likes Of Kwankwaso Reason Nigeria’s Still World’s Poverty Capital — Peter Obi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Likes Of Kwankwaso Reason Nigeria’s Still World’s Poverty Capital — Peter Obi (1540 Views)

Photo Of Kwankwaso And Peter Obi Having A Good Laugh / Photo Of Kwankwaso Wearing Igbo Isi Agu Attire / Nigeria Overtakes India As Number 1 In World's Poverty Rating - Brookings Instit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Likes Of Kwankwaso Reason Nigeria’s Still World’s Poverty Capital — Peter Obi by NigeriaIsDoomed: 11:08am On Jul 08, 2022
Lessonteacher:
By Miftaudeen Raji

Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi has said tribalism and religion are some of the reasons Nigeria has remained as the world’s capital of poverty.

Obi lambasted former Kano State Governor and presidential candidate of the New Nigeria People’s Party, NNPP Rabiu Kwankwaso, saying the NNPP candidate has been playing on ethnicity and religion at the expense of competence and focus on rescuing the country’s economy.

The Labour Party candidate made the assertion in an interview with Arise Television Morning Show.

Obi described the comments by Kwankwaso that Northerners will not vote for him (Obi) because he is from the South East as tribalistic.

Kwankwaso had said, “What I’m telling you is that if anybody from the South-East now, under this circumstance, becomes the presidential candidate of our party or any other party, the implications is that because of the activities and other issues that are really on the ground, northern voters will certainly go for their northern candidate and another party.
“So, the thinking is not whether I like it or I don’t, the fact remains that everybody will lose. He will lose and I will lose.”

In his reply to Kwankwaso, Obi said, “The comments from Kwankwaso is why we are where we are today, we vote for Incompetence based on the primitive ponsideration of tribe & religion.”

Obi noted that Nigeria is in a critical situation, and needs an economically-savvy leader to salvage the country.

He said Nigeria and its economy are in a coma and only barely survive.

According to him, the country will soon default on its debt servicing due to myriads of economic woes in the country.

He said, “We choose to vote for incompetence based on a primitive consideration of ethnicity and religion.

“Tell me, today, you can’t travel from Abuja to Kaduna by air, by road, or by train. Is it because somebody from the South-East is in charge?

“You can’t travel from Abuja to Minna by road, is it because somebody from the South-East is in charge?

“Yesterday, we had an attack on the presidential convoy in Katsina, is it because a person from the South-East is in charge?

“Show me where you can buy food cheaper.

“You have not talked about electricity, or that people are prospering in the North because northerners are in power? In the South-West, because they are in power or in the South-East.

“We have a huge problem and if you don’t know, this country will soon default on their debt servicing.”

Obi referenced reports by the Debt Management Office that Nigeria’s debt profile has hit N41.6 trillion, having risen by N2.04 trillion in the first quarter of 2022.

The DMO had said, with the increase in the country’s debt profile, its total public debt-to-gross domestic product (GDP) now stands at 23.27 per cent, as against 22.43 per cent on December 31, 2021.

The Office, in a statement, had said that the amount represented the domestic and external debt stocks of the Federal Government of Nigeria, the 36 state governments and the Federal Capital Territory, adding that the comparative figures for December 31, 2021, were N39.56 trillion or $95.78 billion.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/likes-of-kwankwaso-reason-nigeria-still-worlds-poverty-capital-peter-obi/
See finishing. Lol...Igbo man schooling an aboki. Infact Obi shouldn't stress himself let's see who will be worst hit.
Buhari finally became their president but the whole Northern region competing with Syria, Afghanistan, Somalia and Yemen in every sphere.
The most retrogressive, barbaric and one of the worst places in the world right now is the Northern Nigeria.
Una go receive sense oneday make una continue. Fools......
Re: Likes Of Kwankwaso Reason Nigeria’s Still World’s Poverty Capital — Peter Obi by NigeriaIsDoomed: 11:11am On Jul 08, 2022
Golan007:
Obi should know the more he attacks the likes of Kwankwaso, the less northern votes he'll win.
This is one of the reasons an illiterate aboki is messing up a country of 200 million people.
Who did this to you people?
Re: Likes Of Kwankwaso Reason Nigeria’s Still World’s Poverty Capital — Peter Obi by Golan007: 11:15am On Jul 08, 2022
NigeriaIsDoomed:
This is one of the reasons an illiterate aboki is messing up a country of 200 million people.
Who did this to you people?

You don't like the truth.

Let's see how many votes Obi would get in Kano.
Re: Likes Of Kwankwaso Reason Nigeria’s Still World’s Poverty Capital — Peter Obi by NaughtyBrainiac: 11:16am On Jul 08, 2022
Lmao

This is not the time to wail o, you and your supporters will wail very very well. Just hold on, wailing time is still coming grin grin grin
Re: Likes Of Kwankwaso Reason Nigeria’s Still World’s Poverty Capital — Peter Obi by omenka(m): 11:23am On Jul 08, 2022
It is now very clear to the blind that Obi is no different from his IPOB followers and supporters.

The same Kwankwaso whom he hoped would be his vice, is now the reason Nigeria doesn't and wouldn't make progress. So he had hope to form an alliance with someone causes the backwardness in the country?

Isn't this just stupid?

It is now obvious his admonition that his supporters toned down their belligerent rhetorics was nothing but a hollow statement meant to safe his face, while he probably encourages them to do more behind the scenes.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Likes Of Kwankwaso Reason Nigeria’s Still World’s Poverty Capital — Peter Obi by omenka(m): 11:30am On Jul 08, 2022
Fahdiga:
So saying the honest truth means you are attacking someone?
But when others say the truth about Ndigbo, it is an attack laced with hatred for Igboes, eg, Reno.

What a two faced hypocrite.
Re: Likes Of Kwankwaso Reason Nigeria’s Still World’s Poverty Capital — Peter Obi by BaddestQueen(f): 11:48am On Jul 08, 2022
omenka:
It is now very clear to the blind that Obi is no different from his IPOB followers and supporters.

Kwankwaso who he hoped would be his vice, is now the reason Nigeria doesn't and wouldn't make progress. So he had hope to form an alliance with someone causes the backwardness in the country?

Isn't this just stupid?

It is now obvious his admonition that his supporters tonnes down their belligerent rhetorics was nothing but a hollow statement meant to safe his face, while he probably encourages them to do more behind the scenes.
they can't sell crapnibu to the masses selling Crapnibu to the populace is like using a mallet to cure head ache they don't know what to do again they don't know how to sell their candidate hence they resorted to their old outdated tactics which is already stale forgetting that hunger, insecurity, bad economy fuel scarcity knows no tribe. Nigerians are now waking up. the youths are coming. Hahahahahaha hihihihihi huhuhuhu Hehehehe hiohiohiohio
Re: Likes Of Kwankwaso Reason Nigeria’s Still World’s Poverty Capital — Peter Obi by Masturbator2020: 12:18pm On Jul 08, 2022
Lessonteacher:
By Miftaudeen Raji

Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi has said tribalism and religion are some of the reasons Nigeria has remained as the world’s capital of poverty.

Obi lambasted former Kano State Governor and presidential candidate of the New Nigeria People’s Party, NNPP Rabiu Kwankwaso, saying the NNPP candidate has been playing on ethnicity and religion at the expense of competence and focus on rescuing the country’s economy.

The Labour Party candidate made the assertion in an interview with Arise Television Morning Show.

Obi described the comments by Kwankwaso that Northerners will not vote for him (Obi) because he is from the South East as tribalistic.

Kwankwaso had said, “What I’m telling you is that if anybody from the South-East now, under this circumstance, becomes the presidential candidate of our party or any other party, the implications is that because of the activities and other issues that are really on the ground, northern voters will certainly go for their northern candidate and another party.
“So, the thinking is not whether I like it or I don’t, the fact remains that everybody will lose. He will lose and I will lose.”

In his reply to Kwankwaso, Obi said, “The comments from Kwankwaso is why we are where we are today, we vote for Incompetence based on the primitive ponsideration of tribe & religion.”

Obi noted that Nigeria is in a critical situation, and needs an economically-savvy leader to salvage the country.

He said Nigeria and its economy are in a coma and only barely survive.

According to him, the country will soon default on its debt servicing due to myriads of economic woes in the country.

He said, “We choose to vote for incompetence based on a primitive consideration of ethnicity and religion.

“Tell me, today, you can’t travel from Abuja to Kaduna by air, by road, or by train. Is it because somebody from the South-East is in charge?

“You can’t travel from Abuja to Minna by road, is it because somebody from the South-East is in charge?

“Yesterday, we had an attack on the presidential convoy in Katsina, is it because a person from the South-East is in charge?

“Show me where you can buy food cheaper.

“You have not talked about electricity, or that people are prospering in the North because northerners are in power? In the South-West, because they are in power or in the South-East.

“We have a huge problem and if you don’t know, this country will soon default on their debt servicing.”

Obi referenced reports by the Debt Management Office that Nigeria’s debt profile has hit N41.6 trillion, having risen by N2.04 trillion in the first quarter of 2022.

The DMO had said, with the increase in the country’s debt profile, its total public debt-to-gross domestic product (GDP) now stands at 23.27 per cent, as against 22.43 per cent on December 31, 2021.

The Office, in a statement, had said that the amount represented the domestic and external debt stocks of the Federal Government of Nigeria, the 36 state governments and the Federal Capital Territory, adding that the comparative figures for December 31, 2021, were N39.56 trillion or $95.78 billion.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/likes-of-kwankwaso-reason-nigeria-still-worlds-poverty-capital-peter-obi/
You people like trouble. He said it's because of what kwakwaso pointer out that why we have many problems. He didn't say it's because of kwakwaso. Again, he said it's because of the voting pattern that kwakwaso pointer out during his interview that is responsible for the problem
Re: Likes Of Kwankwaso Reason Nigeria’s Still World’s Poverty Capital — Peter Obi by gbolagunte81693: 1:15pm On Jul 08, 2022
Muslim Muslim ticket so that Boko Haram can finally take the place of SSG, SP and Speaker and Chief justice? Have it your way!Muslim Muslim ticket so that Boko Haram can finally take the place of SSG, SP and Speaker and Chief justice? Have it your way!...
Re: Likes Of Kwankwaso Reason Nigeria’s Still World’s Poverty Capital — Peter Obi by Great0ne1: 3:43pm On Jul 08, 2022
Felimax:
May God lead you if truly you can salvage this country.

We are tired of the mess we are into at the moment. We have only one country and I pray for Nigerians to take the change into their hands instead.

I am hereby Obidient for the first time.
We gladly welcome you home, my beloved brother. We must take back our country, from the evil political class

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Likes Of Kwankwaso Reason Nigeria’s Still World’s Poverty Capital — Peter Obi by Felimax(m): 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2022
Great0ne1:

We gladly welcome you home, my beloved brother. We must take back our country, from the evil political class

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Likes Of Kwankwaso Reason Nigeria’s Still World’s Poverty Capital — Peter Obi by ChoCho54(f): 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Just like the north will seal the fate of Peter Obi. Let the poverty continue until you all get sense that competence is most important, not religion.
You are the worst hit. Let the poverty continue.
Re: Likes Of Kwankwaso Reason Nigeria’s Still World’s Poverty Capital — Peter Obi by Eniitankorede: 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2022
ChoCho54:
You are the worst hit. Let the poverty continue.

How?
Re: Likes Of Kwankwaso Reason Nigeria’s Still World’s Poverty Capital — Peter Obi by Amumaigwe: 7:58pm On Jul 08, 2022
Golan007:
Obi should know the more he attacks the likes of Kwankwaso, the less northern votes he'll win.

And the more Kwankwaso attacks Obi, the more Easterners will vote for him? Na only North get voters card. Mcheeew
Re: Likes Of Kwankwaso Reason Nigeria’s Still World’s Poverty Capital — Peter Obi by Golan007: 7:59pm On Jul 08, 2022
Amumaigwe:

And the more Kwankwaso attacks Obi, the more Easterners will vote for him? Na only North get voters card. Mcheeew

One has the numbers.

I'm sure you understand this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The ESN Fundraising Will Be Twice In A Month Henceforth - Simon Ekpa / If I Can't Get It, I Will Recommend Tinubu: Kwankwaso / Breaking: See The Ways Millions Of Yorubas Burn APC Brooms But Tinubu Pretends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.