Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:59 PM

EXPOSED: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Akwa Ibom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EXPOSED: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Akwa Ibom (246 Views)

Man Accuses INEC In Lagos Of Demanding State-Owned Cards Before PVC Registration / INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Benue LGA (pix, Video) / Heritage Bank Staff At Andy Uba's House, Demand Payment Of Debts (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXPOSED: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Akwa Ibom by Nigerdeltaent(m): 11:03am On Jul 08, 2022
...'very' Slow process recorded in all regions of the State.

Several reports have been received from different quarters of Akwa Ibom concerning the ongoing INEC voters registration exercise.

From our on-ground reporters in Ikot Ekpene, Uyo and Eket Senatorial district, INEC staff are frustrating innocent people and would later change them even up to N1000 to register for their Personal Voters Card (PVC).

Coming from one INEC office in Ikot Ekpene axis of Akwa Ibom State, several complains of financial demands from INEC staff before registration, else you wait endlessly under the sun till when they feel ok to attend to you.

We hereby call on the Mahmood Yakubu led INEC to look into the case of low registration record in Akwa Ibom State and try to fix the issues, also, INEC should caution it's staff because any staff caught on live camera collecting money to register innocent Nigerians, will be posted on online channels.

Here is a confession from one of the frustrated indigenes of the State while making efforts to register for his PVC;

"I decided to take a walk to INEC Office Ikot Ekpene to check the level of Compliance by those who want to register for their PVC's.

To my greatest surprise, the crowd and the slowness in registering people calls for concern.

I wish to appeal to the authorities to see the need of decentralizing points of registration to fasten the process.

All the political wards should have a place where intended voters can go and register.

Of course, that is not hard for our politicians to do, before we will complain that the North has more electorates than us in the South. While the North are doing the needful may the South follow suit."

Source: https://www.ndreporters.com/2022/07/08/inec-officials-demand-payment-before-pvc-registration-in-akwa-ibom/

1 Share

Re: EXPOSED: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Akwa Ibom by Kenpaly(m): 11:10am On Jul 08, 2022
Thats not good at all but what can we do?may GOD Help us.i dedicate this my ftc in july to my beautiful sister in uyo.
Re: EXPOSED: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Akwa Ibom by Sergio101(m): 11:14am On Jul 08, 2022
A recent development also in Anaocha LGA Anambra State .

Very sad!!
Re: EXPOSED: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Akwa Ibom by ScamHunter: 11:28am On Jul 08, 2022
Its part of the rigging process. They want to disenfranchise all the regions supporting the Obi movement, but they'll still fail.
Re: EXPOSED: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Akwa Ibom by Nigerdeltaent(m): 4:29pm On Jul 08, 2022
Very sad
Sergio101:
A recent development also in Anaocha LGA Anambra State .

Very sad!!
Re: EXPOSED: INEC Officials Demand Payment Before PVC Registration In Akwa Ibom by Nigerdeltaent(m): 4:30pm On Jul 08, 2022
We have to monitor them very well.
ScamHunter:
Its part of the rigging process. They want to disenfranchise all the regions supporting the Obi movement, but they'll still fail.

(1) (Reply)

Heavy Flood Takes Over Part Of Lagos (video) / Tinubu’s Running Mate, Masari Resigns; Hopes To Serve Nigeria In Future / Man Donates His Building To Peter Obi Campaign, Host Supporters In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.