Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Hypnotherapy In The Treatment Of Anorgasmia - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hypnotherapy In The Treatment Of Anorgasmia (176 Views)

Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment / [couples] Anorgasmia: What Do You Know About It? / Natural Remedy For The Treatment Of Varicose Veins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hypnotherapy In The Treatment Of Anorgasmia by wslconsultants: 6:09pm On Jul 08, 2022
How does Hypnotherapy help with sexual problems such as an inability to orgasm? The inability to orgasm or Anorgasmia as the medical profession like to term it is either physical or psychological in nature. Hypnotherapy works when the problem is associated with the psychological aspects of Anorgasmia. The rationale for this is that the Anorgasmia is a symptom of an underlying problem.

These problems can be either known or unknown by the patient. When referring to the unknown aspect, this usually reflects an old deep rooted (historical) or suppressed memory which cannot be accessed by the conscious mind for many reasons which are beyond the realms of this short article.

In relation to the conscious aspect, this is usually based how do I know if I have pgad on a current set of factors within the person's life such as money worries, relationship concerns, and fear of getting pregnant.

These feelings could be compounded by factors which mean the person does not feel comfortable in the physical environment they find themselves in, such as living with parents or whilst visiting relatives, or living next door to unpleasant or noisy neighbors. Another important factor may be associated with feelings and responsibilities associated with post childbirth.

Hypnotherapy assists in reducing the body and mind's stress and tension and thereby encouraging improved blood flow which enables the body to be more open to sensations and being more relaxed in the process. This is achieved through the use of suggestions made by the therapist which enable the patient to encourage relaxation in herself, I mention this as the patient is always in control of what suggestions she accepts and those she may choose to reject. The use of metaphors also plays a large role in the therapeutic intervention; this allows the sub-conscious to interpret the metaphor in a manner which meets the patient's needs.

As a bisexual woman I had tried many ways to stimulate myself but found it hard to orgasm especially with men, up until 2 months ago I had never had an orgasm during sex; and before that I had only had orgasms with women, and they were few and far between.

Anorgasmia is often caused by a negative self-image, shyness towards asking your partner to do what feels best or many prescription drugs for depression and pain killers. A year ago I stopped taking the antidepressants prescribed by my doctor called fluoxetine; this medication is known to cause anorgasmia. When I found out about these side effects I stopped immediately, I had a very negative self-image and found it hard to let go during sex, and would never have ever asked someone to do something different.

Up to 15% of women suffer from primary anorgasmia, this means they have never had an orgasm; secondary anorgasmia is where a woman has had at least one orgasm in the past but can't currently have one; this effect 33% of women, this could be caused by medication or relationship troubles. 50% of women are dissatisfied with how often and how quickly they orgasm, so that leaves only 2% who are completely happy with how often they orgasm.

To have regular explosive orgasms during sex you need to have a healthy attitude towards sex and communicate with your partner about what feels good, and any negative beliefs you have as they should reassure you and give you more confidence; if they don't you should discuss this with them and maybe reevaluate your relationship. After talking it through you should experiment as a couple to find what works best for both of you.

When sex is not enjoyable it becomes a chore, instead of an expression of your love for one another and a mutually pleasurable experience. When anorgasmia continues, sexual desire usually declines and causes you to have less sex with you partner and can cause conflict in the relationship. I always thought that it was only me with the problem and that everybody else could do what I couldn't; apparently many women have that same problem; the more open we are with our partners and honest with ourselves then it becomes much easier to orgasm.

Patience is also needed, it can hurt your feelings when your partner comments about you being unable to orgasm, but if they do then you should take the opportunity to talk it through; by asking you about it it shows they really care and want to help you. I have been with my partner for over a year; it was 11 months before I had my first orgasm with him, he helped me do kegel exercises help orgasm dysfunction to rethink my body-image and become confident with myself by talking things through with me and always telling me that I was perfect however I was whether I had orgasms or not, I now feel confident to ask for what feels best.

Many women who do orgasm take up to 25 minutes to climax, personally I think this is an unhealthy length of time, although I have only experience orgasms in the last 2 months I have become able to climax in under 5 minutes and multiple times during sex; sex has become pleasurable and is no-longer a chore, I found there was so little information to help women with this problem that is so commonly ignored.

Hypnosis is a powerful tool to help with problems such as these, it can be used to change your self-image or deal with whatever incident first caused the problems to start. Often anorgasmia is caused by anxiety, low self-confidence, a negative body-image or previous relationships where sexual, mental and physical abuse has been present; hypnotherapy can help you to overcome these issues and increase your self-image and self-worth.

It really is worth getting help for anorgasmia, life is completely different when you can orgasm during sex naturally as we should all be able to; television and magazines tell women every day that we should look like super models, we should be happy with however we look and feel great; because we are after all fantastic, gorgeous and perfect however we look, and super models are let's face it, ridiculously skinny.

(1) (Reply)

Does Drinking Water Lower Blood Pressure Quickly / How Do You Clean The Lungs Naturally Due To Smoking? / African Mental Health Start Ups Need More Funding By Tony Ademiluyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.