Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Please Advise Me, I Am Making A Career Change To Tech - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Advise Me, I Am Making A Career Change To Tech (547 Views)

From Fitness Trainer To Tech Bro... How I Made Career Switch To Tech / Transition To Tech, It's Worth It! / My Journey To Tech From The Streets Of Lagos To The Corporate America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise Me, I Am Making A Career Change To Tech by Techenthusiast1: 6:38pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hello house,

I am about to make a critical career change to programming. At this point, I have zero experience in programming, but I am seriously committed to learning.

I have tried Udemy and other online platforms, but the truth is that I learn faster and better in a traditional classroom environment where I physically go to and interact with a programming community and be motivated.

I aim to intensively commit (at least 10 hours every day) for the next 6-12 months to become a good programmer. I am strongly considering Artificial Intelligence or Blockchain technology, but I am open to advice.

I like to get recommendations on the best software development schools I can attend in Lagos that will drill me from beginner to highly employable programming experience within 6-12 months.

I checked out Decagon, but their N3million fee was too high for me.

I believe they are equally brilliant schools, albeit with lesser publicity than Decagon, that are way more affordable and can deliver the goods.

Which programming schools can I go to (I stay around Ajah)? And how much should I budget for the next 6-12 months?
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am Making A Career Change To Tech by dirtydaya(m): 6:40pm On Jul 08, 2022
Traditional classroom ? oga this is 2022.

u need to get used to online content.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am Making A Career Change To Tech by Eaztzide: 7:19pm On Jul 08, 2022
Well, everyone is welcome to the world of tech. Numerous options to choose from. Choose your poison.

In this post-COVID era, online learning is the way now. If you can put in dedication and be disciplined, you'll overcome the hurdles you think you'll encounter when you don't follow your personal learning method.

If you decide on AI eventually, I could put you through it in the best way I know. I'm just a PM away.

Whatever your final say is, goodluck still. Ciao
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am Making A Career Change To Tech by IhateRetards: 8:20am On Jul 10, 2022
ALX Africa will be good for you then

(1) (Reply)

Fellow Programmers, How Do You Cope With The Waist Pain? / Need Help In Programming, Want To Learn Or Want A Fully Dynamic Website / Internet Explorer Shortcut Keys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.