Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Help Some Lastma Drove Off With My Vehicle - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help Some Lastma Drove Off With My Vehicle (357 Views)

LASTMA Officer Spotted Parking Sand From A Truck To Cover Pot Holes In Lagos / Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others / How I Become A Vehicle Diagnostic Technician Through Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Some Lastma Drove Off With My Vehicle by VEVEDIHNO: 7:55pm On Jul 08, 2022
Greetings fellow Nairalanders,

I had a terrible day with Lastma very early today (time 6:30am). I drove to drop a friend at his work place. Getting to Mile 2 I noticed lots of trailers blocked all main roads and even the service lane. All private cars and commercial vehicles had to reverse taking the service lane diverting to another route to be able to burst out to Maza maza, unfortunately I was the last on the lane and some police men and Lastma jumped in front of me asking me why I followed a one way, I explained to them that they can see everywhere blocked with trailers and no vehicles can proceed which themselves know about and I asked them why did they not stop other vehicles why is it me, during that process a Lastma opened my car and jumped in immediately dragging to have my car key. I didn’t give him the chance to do that and that provoked them to start throwing me punches while the police men stood watching.

Actually during this process I had to bite one of the Lastma on his hand while he was dragging to have my car key, he finally got the key and they got into my car and drove off with my car. The police men also escaped with them in my vehicle.

I was able to talk to people witnessing all that was happening and they told me the Lastma are from Festac. Now I have my phone and atm card inside my car I asked them to let me have it before they drove off so at least I won’t be stranded but they told me I can’t have them. I had to trek from that point to Festac where their office is. God so good I found my car Parked inside and I walked inside wanting to know what to do to get my vehicle back, a man there said they’ll give me a form which I’ll take to the court on Wednesday then afterwards my car will be seized forever, I believe he’s just trying to scare me.

Please help me with suggestions on what to do to be able to get my vehicle back. It’s weekend tomorrow and on Monday and Tuesday will be public holiday. I am really confused on what actions to take on Wednesday.

Thanks In advance.
Re: Help Some Lastma Drove Off With My Vehicle by Nukilia: 8:07pm On Jul 08, 2022
Report them to the Herdsmen Association Kaduna Branch... undecided

1 Like

Re: Help Some Lastma Drove Off With My Vehicle by pyyxxaro: 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2022
Shiit on your hand , then use it to rub their head when u meet them grin

2 Likes

Re: Help Some Lastma Drove Off With My Vehicle by Christboy320(m): 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2022
Nukilia:
Report them to the Herdsmen Association Kaduna Branch... undecided
If you have nothing good to comment just shut up
Re: Help Some Lastma Drove Off With My Vehicle by chatinent: 8:15pm On Jul 08, 2022
Start gathering N30k.

You are indirectly paying Tinubu too.
Re: Help Some Lastma Drove Off With My Vehicle by Draslo(m): 8:37pm On Jul 08, 2022
chatinent:
Start gathering N30k.

You are indirectly paying Tinubu too.
This is completely unnecessary. He violated traffic rules. If him reach court, him no fit tell judge say other cars violated the laws too. In Lagos now if you drive one way, your car na one chance.

OP, sorry for your predicament. I know Lagos is mentally draining but you shouldn't have fought them physically. You should have tried settling them cos na wetin Dem wan chop dem dey find. It pays them for your car not to get to their office sef but it seems like they just want to punish you. If the officer your bit sef decides to file a case na frying pan to volcano be that.

3 Likes

Re: Help Some Lastma Drove Off With My Vehicle by VEVEDIHNO: 12:16am On Jul 09, 2022
cry
Re: Help Some Lastma Drove Off With My Vehicle by illicit(m): 7:26pm On Jul 12, 2022
U don enter one chance o

(1) (Reply)

Free Google Courses / What Is Your Experience With The Pension Organisations And Which Do You Advise / Beauty Bbnaija Biography, Wiki, Instagram, Age, Real Name, Boyfriend, Tribe, Sta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.