Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,968 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) (8068 Views)

Peter Obi Celebrates Baba-Ahmed Datti On His Birthday / Northerners React To Tinubu’s Meeting With Wike On BBC Hausa (pictures) / APC Caught Sharing Money To Northerners To Vote (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Penguin2: 1:21pm On Jul 09, 2022
So I’ve been doing some kind of research on Facebook like I do every Saturday when I have time to spare and today I decided to check the BBC handles of BBC Yoruba and Hausa.

In BBC Yoruba, I saw opinion divided almost into two equal halves in their support for Tinubu and Peter Obi; and I’m talking about people with Yoruba names. I didn’t find that surprising and that’s why it’s not my topic of post here.

What I find interesting is what I found in BBC Hausa. They posted of video of Sen. Datti speaking in Hausa and calling on northerners to choose competence over ethnicity and religious considerations and I can tell you authoritatively that a quarter of respondents are malleable to the idea already while majority are rooting for Kwankwaso and the rest leaving things to Allah to decide what’s best for Nigeria (those people are religious and it’s people like them that Imams will instruct where to vote which would reduce the contest to who has more Imams behind him).

NB: most of them wrote in Hausa and I always had to resort to using Facebook translator.

Note also that we are just 24hrs into Datti’s unveiling. By the time he’s done talking to northerners, a quarter of them will be singing competence over primordial considerations.

https://fb.watch/e9bw-7toia/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

9 Likes

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Penguin2: 1:22pm On Jul 09, 2022
More…

You can move to BBC Hausa for more. In case you have doubts.

1 Like

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by God1000(m): 1:23pm On Jul 09, 2022
Peter Obi's growing popularity and acceptance among young people is giving APC and PDP serious headache.

They must be feeling very paranoid and distraught

I'm loving the whole show, we've had enough of PDP and APC shenanigans, it's time to volte face.

Me and my ménage will vote for Mr Obi

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Totilopussylick(m): 1:23pm On Jul 09, 2022
It is now or never.

Over bloated ancestors must obey the youths

Of our dear country Nigeria.

Nigeria is not for "it is my turn"tongue tongue tongue tongue

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Seniorwriter(m): 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2022
OP increase the volume..... vawulence can not be created even @the loudest!

Get your PVC ready .
THE LABOUR OF OUR HEROES PAST SHALL NOT BE IN VAIN!....
Pinned emphasis on the word Labour
I'm sure the word is gradually playing a role on the political party called Labour Party

We need vote in all leadership positions young visionary leaders come next year and most importantly vote out both APC & PDP alike.

@Seniorwriter

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Sunofgod(m): 1:25pm On Jul 09, 2022
Hopefully the message will get through to the hardcore illiterates.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by sweetonugbu: 1:27pm On Jul 09, 2022
At the end they will become obidient.

27 Likes

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by TimFisher2: 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2022
undecided

It is all about salvaging our country from dying

We need to secure our future...Nigeria is in a comstose both from the South, West East and North

Everyone understands that!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by MITCHELL96: 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2022
Obi is gaining reputation gradually

When it's time for Campaign, I'm sure the northerners will love and believe in him more

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by ThreeEyedRaven: 1:29pm On Jul 09, 2022
grin grin Lol na Obasanjo this one spell as Ubasanjo. Him never see the right spelling for anywhere before?
Na wa o

12 Likes

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by BigSarah(f): 1:30pm On Jul 09, 2022
Not a fair representation of the feelings of majority of Northerners tho currently .

I can't say #Obidatti2023 has as much as 17% support from northerners currently.

But who knows might change!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Wintertime: 1:31pm On Jul 09, 2022
Wow
Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by unclejb2(m): 1:31pm On Jul 09, 2022
This is a revolution by ballot. Involuntary retirement for all these old, greedy and wicked politicians.

Peter Obi is the best candidate

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by TakeBackNaija: 1:31pm On Jul 09, 2022
Tinubu urchins and agberos won't like this. The fools are so delusional to believe that Northern Muslims will vote for Tinubu.

Ask them to give just 3 reasons why they would vote an old criminal instead of their own, and they would start saying crap.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by TruthSocialAPP: 1:32pm On Jul 09, 2022
Let's go... In God we Trust. Obi over to you.

23 Likes

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by SU50: 1:33pm On Jul 09, 2022
Sunofgod:
Hopefully the message will get through to the hardcore illiterates.

Why do you need the almajiris?

1 Like

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by mycar: 1:33pm On Jul 09, 2022
People can resist change for one stupid pride forgetting that we all are visitors in this world.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Wintertime: 1:34pm On Jul 09, 2022
SU50:

Why do you need the almajiris?
Every body should be carried along.. everybody needs a good life

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Ddokie: 1:36pm On Jul 09, 2022
BigSarah:
Not a fair representation of the feelings of majority of Northerners tho currently .

I can't say #Obidatti2023 has as much as 17% support from northerners currently.

Obasanjo, Gusau, Baba Ahmed and the VP candidate himself have that responsibility.

Let's see what they would be able to achieve.

6 Likes

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by APCnaPDP: 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2022
Obi is not yet popular in the north but his popularity is slowly increasing especially with Datti. He has so much to do to be able to change his fortunes in the north.

Anyway, Atiku 2023, Insha Allah, Atiku will triumph.

5 Likes

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Collins4u1(m): 1:59pm On Jul 09, 2022
ThreeEyedRaven:
grin grin Lol na Obasanjo this one spell as Ubasanjo. Him never the right pronunciation anywhere before?
Na wa o

Which one is infidels bikonu!

This guy is a religious extremist.

5 Likes

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by SU50: 2:04pm On Jul 09, 2022
Wintertime:

Every body should be carried along.. everybody needs a good life

Its now you lot realized that? Back then, them almajiris and abokis are worthless things that don't quality to be called human beings.

2 Likes

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Wintertime: 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2022
SU50:

Its now you lot realized that? Back then, them almajiris and abokis are worthless things that don't quality to be called human beings.

Who said so, or is it the people who made the beggars

Almajiri is not a modern way of life......
When people adopts baby to give to the barren whom will take the child as their own you called them wicked names

In America you can't just hold on to a child you can't cater for

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by IvarTheBoneless: 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2022
grin grin

Let me come to give y'all a reality check.

Northerners NEVER forgave SE for the 1966 coup.

Except Allah descends from Heavens to beg them, they will NEVER forgive.

Yeebos better face their agitations for Biafuro. Those guys will NEVER allow y'all smell Aso Rock.

And for silly Liberal Yorubas always talking about fairness and equity. You fools should know most other tribes are tribalistic and favour their own people always.

Just shaking my head here with yeebos dreaming of an alliance with the North. What Kwankwaso said is what they truly feel about you. Make no mistake, they also don't love Yoruba but see them as more reliable in an alliance.

2 Likes

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by popez: 2:10pm On Jul 09, 2022
The truth is, a lot of northerners have realized that Tinubu deceived them by foisting an incompetent Buhari on them.

They also know Tinubu doesn't have an iota of integrity, and won't better their lives in any way.

On the other hand, they know Peter Obi and Datti Baba Ahmed as upright young men, who worked hard for their money and would better their lives when elected. By the time Datti is done sensitizing them, Tinubu might be banned from entering NW and NE.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by IvarTheBoneless: 2:11pm On Jul 09, 2022
grin
Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Abfinest007(m): 2:13pm On Jul 09, 2022
These numbers will increase with time . labour should do more grassroot campaign

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by ThreeEyedRaven: 2:14pm On Jul 09, 2022
Collins4u1:

Which one is infidels bikonu!

This guy is a religious extremist.
The job of deradicalizing the North is a most difficult one
Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by VladimirPutiin(m): 2:14pm On Jul 09, 2022
ThreeEyedRaven:
grin grin Lol na Obasanjo this one spell as Ubasanjo. Him never see the right pronunciation anywhere before?
Na wa o

Even the way they write is quite funny.

1 Like

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by Feggie3: 2:17pm On Jul 09, 2022
IvarTheBoneless:
grin grin

Let me come to give y'all a reality check.

Northerners NEVER forgave SE for the 1966 coup.

Except Allah descends from Heavens to beg them, they will NEVER forgive.

Yeebos better face their agitations for Biafuro. Those guys will NEVER allow y'all smell Aso Rock.

And for silly Liberal Yorubas always talking about fairness and equity. You fools should know most other tribes are tribalistic and favour their own people always.

Just shaking my head here with yeebos dreaming of an alliance with the North. What Kwankwaso said is what they truly feel about you. Make no mistake, they also don't love Yoruba but see them as more reliable in an alliance.
This coup you are talking about was spearheaded by a NigerDelta man but Na Igbos carry the bullet for head!

11 Likes

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by IvarTheBoneless: 2:19pm On Jul 09, 2022
Feggie3:
This coup you are talking about was spearheaded by a NigerDelta man but Na Igbos carry the bullet for head!

Rightly or wrongly deserved... I know not.

But what I stated are facts.

Same way a lot of folks feel all northerners are Hausa / Fulani is the same way any southerner that isn't Yoruba is Igbo to them.

Unfair categorization? Maybe. But it is what it is.

1 Like

Re: See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) by VoteObi2023: 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2022
BigSarah:

You are right.

Labour Party said Datti will spearhead their campaign in the North. I am sure he will do excellently

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Agha-Mba: Soludo Serious About Plan To Raise 1,000 Youth Millionaires Annualy / Afe Babalola Drags Pedro To ICPC / Gbajabiamila For Speaker: Gov Ajimobi Mobilises Oyo APC Representatives To Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.