Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,077 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) (40789 Views)

Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) / Lagos City: What Adeniyi Jones Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / Enugu City - I Drove Round The Coal City (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by seangy4konji: 11:45pm On Jul 09, 2022
na person go buy those potopoto cars.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by WhizdomXX(m): 11:46pm On Jul 09, 2022
kenedy175:
Even here in warri. It has been raining since today. Flood everywhere
Is this uti road?
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by frog12: 12:06am On Jul 10, 2022
these educated governors are even worse

SamOchuko:

Obaseki is the chairman house committee on incompetence, he is a total failure, almost all the road in Benin are bad, as in extremely bad and he acts as if he’s unaware, Sapele road by the byepass is gone, it is a federal road but what stops him from fixing the road and collecting his money from the fed. govt?

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by skywalker240(m): 12:10am On Jul 10, 2022
Osariemen12:
Still a spot that the water goes off less than five minutes after the rain. Edo is not, and will never, be filthy Lagos.

Monkeys swerve.
Tell them bro cool
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by kenedy175(m): 12:25am On Jul 10, 2022
WhizdomXX:

Is this uti road?
Nah! it's enerhen junction
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by Totilopussylick(m): 1:25am On Jul 10, 2022
SamOchuko:

Nor waste your time, he is deaf, blind and dumb
grin

A whole governor

Chie.... you dey vex ooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by seleroms2(m): 4:02am On Jul 10, 2022
Osariemen12:
Still a spot that the water goes off less than five minutes after the rain. Edo is not, and will never, be filthy Lagos.

Come on you are kidding right? That flood water takes an average of an hour to three hours tondrain depending on the intensity of the rain. If only there was proper desilting of the gutters and obaseki had continued with the storm water project Oshiomole started things would have been much better ( he slowed this whole process down by forming set up a committee to investigate the money spent by Oshiomole though now he has continued the work) Prior to this storm water project that tomline flood takes days to receed. I remember when in secondary school we that stay in Ugbowo axis will take a bus fromedo college to new Benin or ring road then walk up to iyaro and wait for a lorry to cross from five junction through uselu.

Monkeys swerve.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by seleroms2(m): 4:12am On Jul 10, 2022
Osariemen12:

The little boy is a fool. He thinks he can troll us here while living on canoe in Lagos because of the occasional road flooding at Ugbowo.

You say occasional flooding? Five junction,tomline,st Patrick Ugbowo ,fggc junction,adolor college junction,ewah road to mention a few benin has a big flooding issue and if only the gutters were cleared regularly it could have been better.

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by seleroms2(m): 4:19am On Jul 10, 2022
Angelfrost:
Tomline and Ugbowo na Flood headquarters , adolor college junction,five junction,tv road,okhoro, ewa road
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by Poiu11: 5:01am On Jul 10, 2022
sat
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by Clash01: 7:03am On Jul 10, 2022
lonecatt:
Are there any state un Nigeria that do not have situations of flooding. just curious

Yes.
Most northern states.
Plateau state to be precise
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by Angelfrost(m): 7:04am On Jul 10, 2022
[quote author=seleroms2 post=114582685][/quote]

Correct! You know Benin Wella!
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by Oparahvictory20(m): 7:14am On Jul 10, 2022
Omo this flooding dey small try come aba come with your eyes ���

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by lonecatt(m): 7:18am On Jul 10, 2022
Clash01:

Yes.
Most northern states.
Plateau state to be precise
ok thanks for the info
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by ekhai(m): 7:57am On Jul 10, 2022
lordm:
If it's Lagos now, they will not let Tinubu rest. Now who will we call
AS IF TINUBU IS THE GOVERNOR OF LAGOS.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by coputa(m): 11:27am On Jul 10, 2022
engrobidigbo:
This is called Oba rain...

I remember in year 2010 when this rain caught me while stuck in traffic around uselu on my way to GRA....

omooo, within 30mins there was heavy flood.... Before i knew it, water had filled my car...even my car seat was soaked cry

I was able to save my laptop by keeping it on my dashboard but every other thing in the car got soaked....

In fact, the excess flood tripped off my car (Toyota corolla)... I had to get some boys to help me push it out of the water.

Since that day, I avoid that road anytime the weather shows sign of raining...
The little infrastural upgrade in Edo state were the handi work of Ogbemudia and Ambruse Ali.From Lucky igbinedion to Oshomhole to this present one Obaseki are all scams.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by seeme2(f): 11:35am On Jul 10, 2022
Omoyibo we know that's your prayer but it will not happen. Erosion will wash your own land finish but water will not submerge our Lagos. We will kill you with love and accommodate you in our entire western region as we subsume you into our Omoluabi culture.

airminem:
Lagos, others may be submerged by 2050 ...

Simple!
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by seeme2(f): 11:37am On Jul 10, 2022
seeme2:
OmoyYibo we know that's your prayer but it will not happen. Erosion will wash your own land finish but water will not submerge our Lagos. We will kill you with love and accommodate you in our entire western region as we subsume you into our Omoluabi culture.

Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by coputa(m): 11:43am On Jul 10, 2022
Akerele44:

And every year there families from South South and South East keep struggling and fighting to come base in Lagos

#Table Shaker grin
lagos was nigeria capital built and developed with oil money from niger delta for all nigerians.it does not belong to the yorubas,it's a no man's land,All the governors that hv govern lagos are ousiders.Lagos belong to every nigerian as Obasanjo said the oil belongs to nigeria.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by coputa(m): 12:11pm On Jul 10, 2022
frog12:
these educated governors are even worse

Who are the illiterate governors
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by Dminister(m): 8:28pm On Jul 10, 2022
This is Ekenwan Road by God’s care hospital
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by Dminister(m): 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2022
Okay, Uselu shell and Ugbowo is always like this during rain periods
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by WhizdomXX(m): 10:32pm On Jul 10, 2022
kenedy175:

Nah! it's enerhen junction
K
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by micfoley: 11:21pm On Jul 10, 2022
The legendary Tomline. The day there is no more flood in Tomline is the day Benin will no longer be referred to as the ancient city
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by egopersonified(f): 7:08pm On Jul 11, 2022
PARADIZEPRIEST:
SEBI THEM DEY LAGOS DEY ABUSE TINUBU,AFTER BLOCKING DRAINAGES WITH HEEPS OF REFUSE AND TAKE-AWAY PACKS. angryMAD PPL FULL NIGERIAN undecided

But there is no single dirt in this flood na. What if it is sand from untarred adjoining streets that blocked the drainages? What if the drainages are too small for the volume of rainfall? What if there is no outlet for drainages to flow to? Refuse dumping is just one part of flooding, there are so many issues.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by xoxocandy(f): 12:48pm On Jul 12, 2022
sonnie10:

Did you know that primary education is free in almost all the states?
I finally remembered my nairaland account cheesy
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by sonnie10: 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2022
xoxocandy:
I finally remembered my nairaland account cheesy

Good
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by OVB123: 10:53pm On Jul 13, 2022
seleroms2:

You say occasional flooding? Five junction,tomline,st Patrick Ugbowo ,fggc junction,adolor college junction,ewah road to mention a few benin has a big flooding issue and if only the gutters were cleared regularly it could have been better.
The gutters are cleared regularly but the major problem is the enability of the present government led by gov. obaseki to followed previous master plan put in place by previous government. His enability to use quality construction firms to contruct good and quality roads and drainage, saying that he is managing the resources at his disposal, thereby contructing roads that are substandard, completely different from the one put in place by previous government of oshiomhole. I think that is major problem.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by OVB123: 11:01pm On Jul 13, 2022
coputa:
The little infrastural upgrade in Edo state were the handi work of Ogbemudia and Ambruse Ali.From Lucky igbinedion to Oshomhole to this present one Obaseki are all scams.
Oshiomhole try his best and he will be remembered for his good work, igbinedion was a monumental and a collossal failure, while governor obaseki hasn't been able to live up to expectation.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by coputa(m): 7:47am On Jul 14, 2022
OVB123:
Oshiomhole try his best and he will be remembered for his good work, igbinedion was a monumental and a collossal failure, while governor obaseki hasn't been able to live up to expectation.
I did'nt see much of oshiomhole's work on ground,they were mostly white elephant project done in newspapers,can you torchlight some of them.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) by xoxocandy(f): 8:34pm On Jul 18, 2022
sonnie10:

Good
I sent an update

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos) / Soon To Wed Lady Dies In Fatal Accident In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pics) / 11 Things Only Nigerians Will Think Are Funny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.