Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,501 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed (1386 Views)

Iranian Who Made Paris Airport Home For 18 Years Dies (picture) / Why Do Nigerians Abroad Stay Several Years Without Visiting Home For Once / Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by Singlelover: 4:53pm On Jul 09, 2022
Good evening nairalanders.

Its being 15 years since i left my hometown for a greener pasture here in the city, but things has long turned from good to bad, and now worse.

I've been struggling here for the past 5years, and want to go back to my hometown, but i'm so ashamed to return home with nothing after 15 years.

I already have a family here, which my parents are aware. Infact, my parents and people from my area including my friends thought i'm living very fine here.

I wanted to wait until christmans before i go home with my new family, so that when people thinks i came for xmans, i myself already knows i returned for ever. But xmans time will be too long for me.

Sometimes i just wish i never left home. I just want to go back home, but the embarrassment of going back home empty hand without anything reasonable is what that is keeping me.

I really need advice nairalanders,

I now have a kid here with my babe, and that is why i want to return home, because of less money to take care of them here.

4 Likes

Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by justwise(m): 5:02pm On Jul 09, 2022
Do you have little money to set yourself and family up? As long as you are not going home to be a burden on someone you will be find, you can move to a city far away from relatives and start a life quietly with your family

6 Likes

Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by Radionigeria: 5:02pm On Jul 09, 2022
Sometimes, that mentality of "what will people say" is why most people die silently in this life. Let me tell you, going back to your home where you will see food to chop for free is better than being hungry in the city.
grin My brother dey for city grin grin grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by Singlelover: 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2022
justwise:
Do you have little money to set yourself and family up? As long as you are not going home to be a burden on someone you will be find, you can move to a city far away from relatives and start a life quietly with your family
i don't want to go somewhere else apart from my hometown. (my parents home)

3 Likes

Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by Mylordmygod1: 5:15pm On Jul 09, 2022
My friend carry your bag and go home jorr..

4 Likes

Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by Nozino: 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2022
Do what is best for you. People will always talk.

1 Like

Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by OVB123: 5:35pm On Jul 09, 2022
My candid advise for you is that you should wait till december and cease the opportunity to gather some money and move your family back home because it is not easy anywhere.
Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by justwise(m): 5:36pm On Jul 09, 2022
Singlelover:
i don't want to go somewhere else apart from my hometown. (my parents home)

Ok, worry only about how to start afresh in your home country and not about what people will say

1 Like

Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by digitite: 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2022
Go into Agriculture and any business that help rural development.

No matter how close you are to your family, most people dont like liability. And one day you could be ridiculed for being useless in the city and coming back empty handed.

Unless you are the industrious type to prove people wrong with time.

But no forget to carry one BIG Bible or Quran go home.
Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by Mylordmygod1: 7:12pm On Jul 09, 2022
But like seriously, most people in the city don't have anything doing. I think the best option is to go back home. Majority of nairalanders are facing op problem..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by sexymonkey(m): 10:34pm On Jul 09, 2022
Mylordmygod1:
But like seriously, most people in the city don't have anything doing. I think the best option is to go back home. Majority of nairalanders are facing op problem..
nairalanders or Nigerians?
Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by dasparrow: 1:46am On Jul 10, 2022
sexymonkey:
nairalanders or Nigerians?

Could be both.

3 Likes

Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by Goodman247: 2:30am On Jul 10, 2022
Radionigeria:
Sometimes, that mentality of "what will people say" is why most people die silently in this life. Let me tell you, going back to your home where you will see food to chop for free is better than being hungry in the city.
who.go give am free food, na him old parents, u think village easy like that

2 Likes

Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by Originalsly: 3:28am On Jul 10, 2022
Wanting to move back to your hometown tells me you left for the city.... which I guess is Lagos.... you are still in Nigeria. People have left Nigeria for greener pasture... and like you.... found out the grass is not greener on the other side. For fear of what people expect of you and what they will say when you return many chose to remain living a life of misery and sufferings.... many trapped abroad... now hopeless... just existing. The whole of Nigeria is hard... and everyone knows that... so their expectations of you will be nowhere as high as someone returning from abroad ... USA... Afghanistan... North Korea.... doesn't matter... the streets are lined with gold abroad period. You would be surprised to hear people ask you how on earth you survived so long in Lagos. People will talk regardless.... if you return loaded... they will say you be Yahoo boy... or be kidnapper.... or be ritualistic... then what?
My advice is to have a plan regarding what you will do to earn a living in your hometown. You need to know what is going on there presently... not when you left 15 years ago.... what are the needs... what can you get into... what you saw in the city that can work in your hometown... what is easily and cheaply available in your hometown that is mad expensive in the city... can you be a middleman?....what clothing is ehmmm.... giving away in the city that be costing an arm and a leg in your hometown. You must return with a work plan and get on it from the time you return. Establish markets for products from the city even before you return. Forget about other people... focus on family... family over pride.

3 Likes

Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by henrimoto(m): 10:54am On Jul 10, 2022
@singlelover. Please meditate over the above post of @originalsly. Again and again and again, that post has said it all. Also know this, you are not going back home empty handed, you only left home 15 yrs. Ago empty handed but NOW! you are going back with A FAMILY! It's part of the blessings my brother.

1 Like

Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by Goodman247: 11:58am On Jul 10, 2022
Hmmm sometimes it is hard to go back to your home town emptyhanded because of what people will say, but you are not going home empty handed, you have a family now, thank.God for that.
Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by Radionigeria: 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2022
And i dey even plan to go do D.J work for lagos next year oh. I no wan end up like op. Can D.J Work go weller for lag?
Mynd44, lalasticlala, seun, do the needfull. Una wey done make ahm, city no be our mate.
Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by DAMEHLISM(m): 1:17pm On Jul 10, 2022
My guy, living in nigeria on its own is very expensive. But why you stayed that long without a job, u should have returned since na. Now that u have a family and u don't have money, hope u are feeling what fathers go through, that pampas palava, all the baby wears abi. Oga better carry ur bag and japa
Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by DAMEHLISM(m): 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2022
Radionigeria:
one bottle of Life and isiewu for you my boss. cheesy
Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by DAMEHLISM(m): 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2022
OVB123:
My candid advise for you is that you should wait till december and cease the opportunity to gather some money and move your family back home because it is not easy anywhere.
don't you see he can't wait untill december. My guy don enjoy city finish and village is calling him.
Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by DAMEHLISM(m): 1:23pm On Jul 10, 2022
Goodman247:
who.go give am free food, na him old parents, u think village easy like that
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bein Away From Home For 15years, I'm Ashamed To Go Back My HomeTown Empty Handed by BrainWorkers(m): 1:42pm On Jul 10, 2022
You better start campaigning for peter obi. @op

(1) (Reply)

Visa Enquiries / Roads Blocked In Port Harcourt? / The New Nigerian Passport Can Take You To 44countries Without Visa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.