Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,162 members, 7,838,975 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Fashola's Lawless State: The Okada Menace. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola's Lawless State: The Okada Menace. (3865 Views)

Okada Menace On Lagos Roads / Presidential Election Results From Sokoto State - The Nation / Mbu’s Order To Policemen To Kill Barbaric, Lawless – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola's Lawless State: The Okada Menace. by lati23: 4:56pm On Jul 28, 2011
Haba!
One good suggestion and someone goes on to call me a cretin.
It's unfortunate that we go out of our ways to make other people feel bad.
However texazzpete, am better than all the members of your family put together.
That won't stop me from baring my mind about the use of Okada on our roads.
I make use of the Okada when i have to.
It's fast and convenient but that doesn't make me a fan.
I feel for the inmates of our emergency wards in LASUTH Ikeja and the other General hospitals across the country.
More than 50% of them are Okada accident victims.
There are ways to take care of the pending problem and if you're waving it aside with a stroke of the hand,
Who knows who'll be next on the list.
It's not always by choice but accidents can be prevented if we are conscious.
Re: Fashola's Lawless State: The Okada Menace. by Horus(m): 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2011
To reduce the number of Okadas, Lagos urgently needs more sustainable transport systems to lessen traffic and congestion, reduce the need to commute. The city should have more mixed-cost housing throughout, so that people can live near their jobs to reduce traffic.
Re: Fashola's Lawless State: The Okada Menace. by texazzpete(m): 7:42am On Jul 29, 2011
lati23:

Haba!
One good suggestion and someone goes on to call me a cretin.
It's unfortunate that we go out of our ways to make other people feel bad.
However texazzpete, am better than all the members of your family put together.
That won't stop me from baring my mind about the use of Okada on our roads.
I make use of the Okada when i have to.
It's fast and convenient but that doesn't make me a fan.

At least every single member of my family knew the difference between 'am' and 'I'm' before their 10th birthday.
Re: Fashola's Lawless State: The Okada Menace. by Jaideyone(m): 4:51pm On Jul 29, 2011
^lol
Re: Fashola's Lawless State: The Okada Menace. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 29, 2011
Jaidey-one:

^lol
Re: Fashola's Lawless State: The Okada Menace. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2011
Horus:

To reduce the number of Okadas, Lagos urgently needs more sustainable transport systems to lessen traffic and congestion, reduce the need to commute. The city should have more mixed-cost housing throughout, so that people can live near their jobs to reduce traffic.

This ^^^
And not to ignore what effect prohibition would have on others utilizing it as a means of livelihood
Re: Fashola's Lawless State: The Okada Menace. by lati23: 10:15am On Aug 03, 2011
At least every single member of my family knew the difference between 'am' and 'I'm' before their 10th birthday

Hmmmmn! Since only the single members of your family knew the difference between 'am' and 'I'm' before their 10th birthday, i suppose
all the Married members of your family only figured it out before they got married.
Re: Fashola's Lawless State: The Okada Menace. by mybad: 5:19pm On Oct 05, 2011
Gbam! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria / Bola Tinubu is THISDAY’s Man Of The Year! / Untold Story Of How 14 Journalists Were Abducted-another Crisis Looming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.